My Kitchen Rules – Should Kerrie and Craig Been Disqualified?

So the Kerrie and Craig cheating episode was a bit of a beat up. It showed if you want to eat a decent meal on this season on My Kitchen Rules you will only get one with a pre-made sauce. Kerrie and Craig in the $10 challenge made their Thai Chicken Curry with a pre-made curry sauce and when the other teams were blind tasting and scoring the dish did not know.

Fans of this series will also remember that Ali and Samuel from Tasmania in their first instant restaurant round were called cheats by the judges for using a curry sauce for a thai beef curry dish. However Manu and Pete did not call them cheats but just lazy. Was it cheating? Well kind off, particularly if you win immunity from the next elimination like they did. Of course they only screen Ashlee and Sophia’s issue about them using curry paste but it would have been interesting to hear the reaction of the other three teams who they had been competing against.

It was an interesting challenge where the eight teams were split into two and told they had $40 between each of the four teams. They had to cook a dish for a family of four. So basically they had $10 each.

Ashlee and Sophia, argued with Josh and Andi, Joanna and Jenna , Jake and Elle that cooking asian would be cheaper. The three other teams at first refused as they did not want to give the asian girls an advantage. However in the end they all cooked asian inspired dishes. Not sure how that happened.

Josh put his foot down in the supermarket and wanted to get basmati rice, instead of Jasmine  to go with his Asian meatballs.

Joanna who clearly does not like the NSW team backed him in.

Interestingly there was not the same outcry on the other team when Luke and Scott wanted quinoa which was nearly $7.00 and it was something none of the other teams could share. Whereas the other three teams shared a chicken for their dishes. The Bondi boys did not come across as team players in this challenge.

However the Bondi boys after they had bought some feta had little money for other ingredients had to hand back vegetables at the checkout. It would have been interesting to see more of the shopping dynamics in that team.

Joanna and Jenna were cooking Ginger Chicken and were concern they were cooking something out of their comfort zone. They ended up pinching the bok choy left over from Jake and Elle’s dish which was meant to be for Ashlee and Sophia. If there were any words exchanged we did not see it.

The NSW girls were well within their $10.00 budget with their Crispy Chicken served on noodles as they used chicken wings.

Josh and Andi were making their own version of Asian meatballs and put in a lot of five spice. They appeared to have not used that spice before as they were very heavy handed with the strong flavoured ingredient.  Even if they had been a bit more restrained their meatballs would still have been bad as they burnt them. Josh was trying to tell himself they were just nicely caramelised.

It was a blind tasting and the teams scored each dish out of ten. The two with the highest score winning immunity and the judges were to pick who was to go into the eliminaton challenge.

Joanne and Jenna’s Ginger Chicken with Rice was first to be judged, Pete thought there was a lot of flavour in the chicken and like that the bok choy gave it a freshness.

Ashlee and Sophia’s Crispy Chicken with Noodles got the thumbs up for the chicken but Pete queried if there was enough flavour in the noodles.

Josh and Andi’s Five Spice Meatballs with Rice was a disaster Stef just said yuck. Manu said over cooked and sweet.

Jake and Elle’s Pork Stir Fry with Noodles. Pete said it works, and Manu thought there was a lot of flavour there and a great portion. The noodles were thought to be cooked perfectly which was amusing as they had copied Ashlee and Sophia on how to make them.

Chris and Sam made a pretty ordinary chicken taco with avocado mousse. Ashlee and Sophia liked the flat bread as did the judges. No one said anything about the topping.

Luke and Scott made Tomato and Feta Quinoa Salad did not taste like anything and  there was no protein in there. It was more like a side dish. They were probably peeved they could not afford a lamb fillet to go with it.

Dan and Stef Nasi Goreng with Chicken looked outstanding and the other teams thought it was a very clever dish.

Kerrie and Craig’s Thai Green Chicken Curry got rave reviews with the teams thinking  it was nice and spicy.  Manu thought it was lazy not cooking a curry sauce they should have made something else.

Jake and Elle won the peoples choice and were safe from elimination. Kerrie and Craig were announced the other team safe this week, and they did look sheepish after it had been revealed to the other teams they had used a paste.

It was no surprise when Josh and Andi were placed in the elimination challenge.

My Kitchen Rules on SEVEN Monday to Wednesday at 7.30pm.

1 Anna { 04.03.13 at 7:14 pm }

Daisy, Jenna falling apart under pressure is still annoying, BUT Jenna finally showing some backbone is a good thing…

She cannot possibly be a constant crier in life… she wouldn’t have met her bf nor gotten engaged. Guys hate that nonsense. May be I’m wrong. May be BDD can shed some light.

Hopefully tonight will be fun to watch. Those who dish out can never take it :-)

2 Golo i Wesolo { 04.03.13 at 7:23 pm }

@ 101: Yeah, weren’t you the one saying how angelic A&M were?

You are such an unsympathetic prick. I hope one day you will be subject to the same level of ridicule and scorn on a monumental scale, just so you know what it feels like to be in A&S’ shoes. I am sure we will all find that super “fun” to watch, too!

3 Littlepetal { 04.03.13 at 7:28 pm }

Someone mentioned that in of the earlier issue of No Idea, it said that she doesn’t have anything to do with her parents after a shockingly abusive childhood.

Could this explain why she cries easily?

4 Anna { 04.03.13 at 7:30 pm }

Golo, you don’t know anything about anyone who posts here, you just like to pretend that you know it all….

You are the only racist and bigot here, you think it’s fun to bully people online … news flash!!! it’s very easy to find you and to charge you with online bullying…. so think twice before you post your next comment

5 Daisy { 04.03.13 at 8:05 pm }

Anna, not sure how you can be a prick, insensitive or otherwise, since you female. He’s on a leash and can only bark and slobber.

6 brain dead dave { 04.03.13 at 9:58 pm }

Re the usual garbage you posted in #88, Golo i We$olo.

RR made it plain to a troll like you during BB last year that Georgie and I are different people for starters. You don’t really get it at all , do you?

You’re blaming everybody but yourself for your problems to the point of it being pathological. How’s that workin’ for ya? Get some help, ffs..

7 Morgan { 04.03.13 at 10:14 pm }

Golo, when are you going to get it through your head? No one hates Ashlee and Sophia because they’re Asian! It’s their awful attitudes which you seem to not notice! And they’re nowhere near as good as Pete and Manu make them out to be! I love Asian food, and I love shows like MasterChef and MKR because they’ve always had really talented Asian-style cooks like Poh, Adam, Marion, Audra, Mindy and Princess Jen. A&S are extremely average compared to them.

8 Moonstruck { 04.04.13 at 8:27 am }

Daisy @100 I think you make some excellent comments but I think you are mistaken about my drooling over Jenna.

I gave MKR a miss this week until Wednesday as I feel the show has jumped the shark. I watched (or rather listened and watched while going some food prep) because I read the comments on this blog and I thought I might get to see some straight talking from Colin. However it was another beat up. Shame on me on getting fooled again.
I am not commenting because I’m not watching. I’m not watching because by watching I would be encouraging the producers to continue to do do all the things that have been identified by the bloggers here.
I feel that as long as we watch, they get the all important ratings which is all they care for. I know it’s a very small insignificant protest but the cooking is non existant and A & S are horrible.
I watched the Marco Pierre White’s show on SBS and that was a breath of fresh air. Well produced and short segments. Although I find the knife he waves a bit disconcerting and also the fact that he uses it as a fork to eat food.
I am reading the blog because I enjoy your comments and insights.

9 Barney { 04.04.13 at 8:50 am }

“I feel that as long as we watch, they get the all important ratings which is all they care for.”

I hate to break it to you, Moonwatch, but unless you have an oztam ratings box at your house whether you watch or not is not reflected in the ratings one tiny bit.

10 Moonstruck { 04.04.13 at 10:42 am }

Barney I don’t have an ozztam but I am not watching or contributing to the discussion and that is my little resistance to the very scripted, manipulative, unreal “reality” show that Seven is so proud of.
I felt dirty watching the show this year. It’s on at a family time slot and the behavior is certainly one I would like children to copy or believe is acceptable. When watching a drama show one knows it’s not real and it is actors saying the lines.
How does one explain to children A & S’s behavior and comments?

11 Daisy { 04.04.13 at 10:49 am }

Moonstruck, am I confusing you with someone else?
I thought you were the big Jenna fan at the start?
I have been wondering where you were.

As for your comments about MKR this yearr…agreed.

12 Daisy { 04.04.13 at 10:51 am }

Now I remember. That was Muststopwatching who loooooved Jenna.
Come back muststop and cheer on your girl.
Muststopwatching must’ve stopped.

13 Georgie { 04.04.13 at 11:50 am }

Golo u Idiot – you must have gone away for Easter did you? It seems like we had a few days break from your bullshit baiting. Where did you go, Bangkok?

14 Anna { 04.04.13 at 12:41 pm }

Daisy, personal attack? Really?

How Golo of you!

15 Daisy { 04.04.13 at 12:46 pm }

Anna, I’m confused. What number is the PA?

16 Daisy { 04.04.13 at 12:52 pm }

If it was about muststop…I loved muststop. I liked that he had the hots for Jenna.

17 Moonstruck { 04.04.13 at 8:26 pm }

Ok Daisy. No problem.
I agree. I don’t think you made a personal attack.

18 brain dead dave { 04.04.13 at 8:47 pm }

I suppose another limitation of the oztam box would be that it can’t tell if the viewer has dozed off, is laughing at the lameness of the shows or has captions enabled and is blasting Black $abbath over the proceeedings, which I’ll often do.

19 atrakcje w tarnowie { 07.05.13 at 6:27 pm }

Hello mates, how is everything, and what you want to say regarding this article, in my view its
really amazing designed for me.Do you love Speedway?
Enjoy to us! żużel

20 Bejo { 07.13.13 at 12:43 pm }

So what WAS the brand of curry paste used?
Anyone know….

21 Bejo { 07.13.13 at 12:44 pm }

So what WAS the brand of curry paste used?
Anyone know….