My Kitchen Rules – Ashlee And Sophia Have No Regrets

Ashlee and Sophia are saying they have no regrets on the way they have been portrayed on My Kitchen Rules even though they are getting some major flack on the social media.

They told News.com.au:

[Sophia] Pham said they were in the competition to win and not make friends.

“I don’t regret anything,” she said.

“If I could do it all again, I would be exactly the same because I was myself.

“You’re in a competition, so you should definitely go hard, or go home.”

The pair said they are comfortable with the negative attention that has followed after their constant slamming of other contestants, often behind their backs, on the show.

They also say:

“I’m OK with it,” Pham said. “At the end of the day, as Kurt Cobain said, ‘I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not’ – that’s the quote I live by.”

Pham also said there is a funny side to their friendship and their antics, and people should not take them so seriously.

“My family and friends all watch it and laugh and they tell people that’s what she’s really like,” she said.

“I think it’s hilarious.

“I enjoy making people laugh whether it’s at me, or with me.

“Laughter is the best medicine, you just have to see the funny side of us.”

Manu also says he doesn’t understand what all the fuss is about with the girls considering they are playing to win $250,000.

I think Sophia and Ashlee should use their noteriety, they could consider doing a cooking show on YouTube including all their profanities and banter, both have proved they know how to attract attention and also how to cook Asian dishes.

My Kitchen Rules on SEVEN Sunday night at 6.30pm.

1 Samiiluvbugg { 04.07.13 at 10:06 pm }

Everyone seemed to have been under pressure with the chef Colin!!
Luv the vic housewives, very open minded n truthful :-)
I really dislike the nerds from wa, they can’t cook, bloody leave the show!!
Bring on the tazzy boys, father n son; geez they work well together :-)

2 Littlepetal { 04.07.13 at 10:10 pm }

That is why the customer only want to pay $12 or $15 for the fish

3 A.P { 04.07.13 at 10:13 pm }

The judges did say the fish was perfectly cooked though.

4 Littlepetal { 04.07.13 at 10:13 pm }

Also didn’t like the presentation with the mousse, too much dusted cocoa powder on the plate.

5 Samiiluvbugg { 04.07.13 at 10:14 pm }

Little petal:- I didn’t watch the end part coz I was flicking between channels…but they do work well as a team, do they not?!

6 brain dead dave { 04.07.13 at 10:24 pm }

Tassie Pops and son usually cook fish just like Braces and Tatts do Asian.

If a professional fisherman can’t cook fish, then wtf? Salmon is a common table fish in Tasmania. Big deal.

Have to agree , Littlepettal , the mousse looked like it had handfuls of dirt thrown over it.

The appalling efforts of the others made Tassie Pops and son look much better than they actually are …ie shit.

7 Veronica { 04.07.13 at 10:28 pm }

Yes LP I also thought there was too much cocoa on the mousse. I don’t think I can stand it if Dad and Dave come back (remember the cinnamon chicken?) the but the Italian girls, as much as I like them, never seem to get anything right.

8 Littlepetal { 04.07.13 at 10:42 pm }

To be fair to the other teams, I think those that get eliminated this week and maybe next week will also be given another to get back into the comp

9 Samiiluvbugg { 04.07.13 at 10:45 pm }

No way, that sucks :-(

10 Daisy { 04.07.13 at 10:49 pm }

Yay, meter box fixed by 7.30 so we got to see part of MKR.
You were unsurprisingly right about the faux fire catastrophe BDD.
A few singed arm hairs. It could have been disastrous if the Mamas eyelashes got any closer though.

You guys have got me watching the Logies now just to keep up. And I never watch th Logies.

Sammiluv I’m glad you are going with the Lurve Burg :) .

The Cuban family dinner was YUM!

11 Daisy { 04.07.13 at 10:55 pm }

I know the food isn’t great but what they paid seemed really cheap. In WA I think you woudn’t get a main dish in an OK restaurant for under $30.

Christina, :) I’m in WA. No worries. I don’t look at RR until I’ve finished watching.

12 Daisy { 04.07.13 at 10:59 pm }

And Sammiluv, thanks for writing long hand. 😉

13 Littlepetal { 04.07.13 at 11:04 pm }

They got some cheapskate customers. Want to have a free feed.

14 Daisy { 04.07.13 at 11:15 pm }

So it was cheap. I don’t really know because we hear that in the west our food and beverages are really expensive. So I thought maybe you get mains over there for $10-$20. Either those people were cheapskates or the food was rubbish.

Cranky Colin can do what he likes as far as I’m concerned because he gave the honest 5 to A&S.

15 Daisy { 04.07.13 at 11:18 pm }

Littlepetal next week’s Little Lotus wants to do Hainan Chicken so we’re going Chinese, around that area. Any suggestions for Rolf?

16 Littlepetal { 04.07.13 at 11:24 pm }

You can serve with some Chinese vegetables with oyster sauce. Remember to use the recipe from SBS Food Safari.

17 Daisy { 04.07.13 at 11:40 pm }

Thanks Littlepetal. I’ll pass the idea on to Rolf.

18 Pete { 04.08.13 at 9:52 pm }

Ashlee and Sophia are nothing but maggots

19 Ray { 04.09.13 at 1:39 pm }

Well see…This is the problem: How do you really compete?? To win…sometimes it is about HOW you finish it! I hardly saw a great competitor (in sport or others) who did just like what Ashlee & Sophia are doing now. You know what…often I watched a great competitor praised his/her opponent after the game finished. What is this? Are we now supposed to teach our children (who by the way still up around the time MKR is aired) that they must be extremely competitive by doing/saying anything in any way to win!??? Where are we going with this!?

20 Bella Ducati { 04.09.13 at 6:43 pm }

I recon they must have inapropriatepictures of the judges together, because the pair of them keep telling them how great they are and that their bitchyness is ok. It’s not.

Aparantly you can’t use curry paste in a jar, but you can use fruit in a can. Sorry, MKR, there is a whole bunch of rules that need to be amended.

If your going to win a big value prize, there needs to be rules set in stone. One minute we are not interested in presentation, then we are. No penalty for taking way to long in the early rounds, and who was the red haired lady in the kitchen when the lighter went up??? Haven’t seen her in the cook of. Oh no, it wouldn’t be that they are getting help we are not seeing. Heaven forbid!!

Get rid of A&S MKR before you loose a lot of viewers.

21 Not interested { 04.10.13 at 9:50 pm }

Manu is a joke… I guess it makes sense for a sell out, second rate, rubbish chief with absolutely no integrity to encourage Ashlee and Sophia to take advantage of the disgusting way they have been acting to make money and get attention on Youtube.

Here is a word of advice, not all attention is good attention! You don’t have to sacrifice your integrity for fame, but I guess there is no other way for some people… How sad!

22 dramafever queen seon duk { 06.05.13 at 3:23 am }

Hello! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for
the great info you might have right here on this post.
I will be coming again to your weblog for more soon.