My Kitchen Rules – The Tassie Team Is Back

To be honest in this year’s My Kitchen Rules I did not think any of the teams deserved a second chance to get back into the competition, but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

The recap is not happening today guys because of the Logies. Ironically I was not going to watch the Logies at all but as soon as the first category was Most Popular Reality TV Program I was hooked for the full interminable broadcast.

So apologies – so I am throwing it across to you guys to tell me what you thought of the episode. Highlights and lowlights? Whether you thought Matt and Mick were the best team to get back in? Whether gamer dude Keiran from Western Australia should have been there in the first place and should Colin Fassnidge host an Australian version of Hell’s Kitchen.

Speaking of Colin there was an article this weekend about how he was told to stop responding to people who were bitching about him on the social media. He and Channel Seven should be happy the viewers are talking about him as this is a positive thing, as none of the other judges on the who have ever created much chatter. So in that way Colin is doing a good job. Source: (News.com.au)

1 layla { 04.08.13 at 8:48 am }

I absolutely loved tonight’s episode. Colin was great – no biased comments or favourism for him. Can we replace Manu or Pete (preferably Pete) with him to judge fulltime instead?

On a fan girl note and I’ll make it brief, I’m so happy to see Mick and Matt back. I just love them (especially Matt). Matt can cook, I don’t care what anyone says. Yes I have a huge crush on him. No more needs to be said. ;)

So refreshing to see an episode with no nasty remarks, snobiness or Asian dishes for a change too.

Kieran was slow as per usual, the ‘Yes Chef’ thing was annoying and I wish Mick smacked Angela with that frypan because she was annoying me with her mood swings. Pete is getting more orange with each episode, and the word “moist” was said more than enough by everyone tonight to disturb me for many years to follow.

I knew Ali and Samuel were going to be the first eliminated as in that clip we saw a couple of weeks back, they weren’t featured. I did feel for her when her sorbet didn’t set. It would have been heartbreaking to know you had a chance to re-enter the competition and then blow it so suddenly with one thing. Kieran is just too slow for this competition and he and Mary lack coordination, Colin knows this, hence why they were eliminated.

I have a feeling Colin had lined up 4 types of meats and the teams had to decide between each other who was cooking what. Yeah right did they all magically pick a different meat each before being given the options.

I read this article just before and it states that Mick and Matt are back in the MKR competition but from what I thought is that they have to cook again with Angela and Melina in the next round of ‘Comeback Kitchen’? I’m confused!

2 chasingvegas { 04.08.13 at 8:52 am }

I don’t think Mick & Matt are back in for sure, they along with Angel & Melina are still in the running to get back in. Apparently they face off against each eliminated team in the comeback kitchen each week until one team is left standing & then they go back in.

3 Anna { 04.08.13 at 8:53 am }

Guessing that News Limited are a week ahead of themselves or teasing the viewers

4 A.P { 04.08.13 at 8:59 am }

Kieran is really out of his depth, I got the feeling he was hoping he would go first instead of Ali and Samuel. He just can’t take the stress.
Angela and Melina didn’t like having to say “Yes Chef” and listen to a professional giving them advice.
Matt and Mick were a bit smug thinking they had everything under control until Colin told them not to start cooking the fish too early.
Poor Kieran was confused about the meaning of “3 beef, one well done”, he didn’t quite understand poor thing.
The ham acting was pathetic, “gee, wonder why we have been brought here to Colin’s kitchen followed by a camera crew?”
Customers obviously wanted a cheap or free meal, why would they pay too much when they can get away with it?

5 PollyB { 04.08.13 at 9:01 am }

I enjoyed this episode being in a real kitchen and about cooking. M&M deserved the win, they did cook the best. Ali’s sorbet had alochol in it so maybe too much of it was the reason it didn’t freeze. Kieran was unbelievably pathetic in the kitchen again. He must be stoned, or because he is not stoned he is way out of his comfort zone. I was surprised at Angela, she showed very strong spoilt princess tendencies last night.

6 Anna { 04.08.13 at 9:02 am }

Contestants must have told producers what they wanted to cook & the COLES crap was stored out the back for them.

Colin grows some of his own veggies, makes his own honey & passionate about the produce. Coles crap wouldn’t be found in his kitchen …. Campbell’s stock? In a professional kitchen? REALLY?

7 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 9:04 am }

And Kieran so want to be a professional chef. LOL

8 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 9:10 am }

Good review Layla.

9 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 9:13 am }

It was a bit unfair that you were supposed to hurry but could stuff up another team’s dish by being too slow, and making theirs go cold. It might work like that in a real kitchen but it seemed a bit unfair last night.

10 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 9:22 am }

I laughed till I cried in the first elimination round. The chaos in the kitchen was so funny and A&M’s raw lamb on top of that dreadful looking risotto slop was hilarious. I thought they’d be the ones going home just because of how bad it looked.

Agree PollyB, it would be the vodka that stopped Ali’s sorbet from setting. Also agree Angela has some attitude issues.

11 Veronica { 04.08.13 at 9:24 am }

I don’t care for parochialism and Tassie Dad lays it on In spades. I wonder what will happen next time he has to cook something other than fish?
The Italian girls are a constant disappointment. Maybe they’ve been told they’re great cooks and believe it.

12 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 9:33 am }

Morning everyone, hope you sorted your power problems, Daisy. I, too enjoyed last night’s show and especially Colin. I know he is getting heaps of criticism about how hard he is but welcome to the real world in a commercial kitchen. It is the only way that dishes can all go out at the same time to each table.
M&M’s dishes where by far the best and they lapped up all the advise Colin gave them unlike the others.
My ideal scenario coming up would be that A&S were eliminated in Broome and fronted up in Colin’s kitchen and the look on their faces at seeing A&M would be priceless. It would be a rating rage I reckon.

13 Gabby { 04.08.13 at 9:41 am }

Agree Veronica the Italian girls are a great disappointment and have failedntondeliver most times they have cooked. That first dish of lamb and red wine risotto looked disgusting, I was sure that would send them home. Maybe they are keeping them in to bring a bit of glamour. Angela definitely does not like bowing down to anyone let alone a man, I thought her and Colin were going to get the boxing gloves out at one stage. I laughed when Nastasia said they were scared of Colin. I don’t blame her, he was one mean barstard in that kitchen, I would have been scared as well. As for Keiran, he is bloody hopeless, bless him, sadly I don’t see him running his own kitchen any time in the near future.
It was good to see Pete and Manu doing blind tasting for a change, should be more of it.
Refreshing that we didn’t have to put up with the dreadful voices of A & S. Wait until they hear that the Italian girls are in with a chance again, won’t they have something rude, crude and vile to say about that.

14 Veronica { 04.08.13 at 9:43 am }

Yes Nanaliz that would be worth watching just to see the looks on A & S faces.

15 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 10:08 am }

I read somewhere that the other contestants know nothing of the come-back kitchen going on and won’t until o team re-enters the comp.
S&C were smoozing with Manu at Logies ch7 after-party. I have this feeling they may be there close to the end, the way ch7 seem to be using them for PR. They joined D&S and J&E in a gig in Brissy recently.

16 Suziekue { 04.08.13 at 10:14 am }

I’m betting the Italian women will be staying in whatever slop they serve up. MKR need the continuing drama between them and Tatts&Braces (the Asian v. Italian women, Golo – how could I not leave some bait out for you). I saw a rerun of the kiddies Ma$terchef last week – their food rang rings round the garbage coming out of this season’s MKR kitchens.

17 A.P { 04.08.13 at 10:14 am }

Agree Gabby@13, Angela and Melina should have gone home first, that risotto and raw meat looked disgusting.
Pete and Manu probably guessed who cooked the fish, thats all the Tassie boys can do.

18 LizzieLou { 04.08.13 at 10:18 am }

Is this rigged?!! I may have missed it but I don’t think Colin announced how much money each team made – meaning the results weren’t transparent.
Having said that, I’m glad K&N went for good – they were in over their heads.

19 Suziekue { 04.08.13 at 10:19 am }

Sheesh I hate it when I can see the puppeteer AND the puppet strings……

20 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 11:01 am }

Vodka doesn’t freeze.Any alcoholic worth their salt knows that.

21 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 11:03 am }

Rofl bdd, you’re so funny. No AA for Ali then!

22 littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 11:08 am }

Will try again.

Its confirmed that A&M and M&M will be cooking against this week eliminated team in the Komback kitchen. Just heard an interview with Melina.

Fancy paying $15 for the fish. Either the fish was crap or the customers were cheapskate. More of the later I think.

23 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 11:27 am }

The food was garbage though it did seem Colin’s “coostemers” were tighter than a crab’s arse. What a shit sandwich.

I keep Vodka in the freezer, Georgie. Colder the better.

24 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 11:33 am }

I agree with RR on this statement ‘I did not think any of the teams deserved a second chance to get back into the competition, but hopefully I will be proved wrong’
The Taz Boys are BACK?! Wow didnt watch the end of it, To many shows to watch….Well good on them, they deserve to b there…Besides i dotn like the ‘second chances thingy’
WA ‘the Nerds’ dont like them at all, they shouldnt even b on the cooking show, they dno how to cook…Stick to computers guys!
Colin the chef n judge, not to sure if i like him or not =s I dont like it how his rude to the teams (as a chef) but i like how he judges….So i think he should just stick to that for now lol

25 littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 11:36 am }

Luvbug/Sandra, LOL. No the Tassie boys are not back yet. They still have to compete against Angela and Melina and the next eliminated team

26 Reality Raver { 04.08.13 at 11:43 am }

Whoops I am giving out spoilers, Colin let it slip in an interview but maybe it was about them just getting a second chance.

Thanks for comments guys. I don’t normally delve into ratings too much but thought you might be interested in last nights. The Voice 1.8 million, MKR 1.4 million and The Biggest Loser 850,000.

27 Anonymous { 04.08.13 at 11:46 am }

littlepetal 25, Oh is that what i MISSED? Geez, I luv those girls too =/ Geez what a CHOICE =0 n thats tonight hey?! ill watch it =D

28 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 11:53 am }

I will be interesting to see what happens with ratings tonight. First night of Voice was always going to rate well. Many would watch just to see if they are going to like it this year. Perhaps that is why they used Come-back kitchen concept so not wasting ‘drama’ of other eps.

29 Veronica { 04.08.13 at 11:54 am }

There are a lot of well priced restaurants around that part of Sydney so, I don’t thing the customers were being cheap, just paying what they thought the meals were worth.
Putting aside Colin’s table terrible manners, I like him. At least he doesn’t give praise were it’s not due. Would love to see him as a full time judge as I haven’t liked Manu and Pete very much this series.

30 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 11:59 am }

Given that MKR isn’t normally on a Sunday night, 1.4mil viewers must have made a serious dent in what The Voice would have pulled on their first night otherwise. The Comeback Kitchen Curveball.

31 littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 12:03 pm }

This is what Colin restaurant will charge for mains (I guess Large Plates mean Mains)

Large Plates

Mussels
Salted Fish and Batlow Apple Cider Sauce

Ocean Trout
Citrus Stock, White Beans and Fennel

Roast Pork
Smoked Kipflers and Rhubarb

Bavette

So $15 for the Mains must be a ‘bad’ mains. I don’t think you can get Salmon as a Main for $15

32 Anna { 04.08.13 at 12:22 pm }

Veronica, have to dissagree! A lot of restaurants in Surry Hills, but not all good. Colin’s 4/14 is high end & not that expensive for what you get…

Customer paying $15 for fish is cheap … She cannot get a piece of fresh fish at the shops for $15.

33 layla { 04.08.13 at 1:01 pm }

The customers didn’t have to pay as much as they usual would for a meal at his restaurant because they would have been told beforehand that their meals were being cooked from home cooks in MKR and not with Colin’s usual chefs. The production team would have supplied all the food and paid Colin to use his kitchen so he wouldn’t have lost any profit that night doing what he did.

Didn’t they show some fat woman pay only $12 for the fish? What a piece of work…

There’s a place I go to in St Kilda called “Lentil as Anything” and it’s one of those pay what you wish places. I always pay them at least $15 when I go there, even for a basic curry cause I feel bad otherwise. LOL. It’s interesting. I dunno how they stay in business but the place is always so busy when I go there. I’m sure some use it as a soup kitchen though.

Well from that screen cap I posted of Ashlee having a sook a few weeks back, it looks like they’re going to be in sudden death again as they wore white aprons when they versed Andi and Josh the other week but were wearing black ones in the screen cap. I really hope they’re booted off the show and forced to cook against Melina and Angela in the Comeback Kitchen. I hope Mick and Matt get through in the end because they’re the only team that deserve another chance. Angela and Melina have stuffed up too many times already to show they can’t really cook that well.

As for Colin responding to hate from fans, I hope he learns to ignore them as I think he’s great. I hope he stays on for the next series because we need a guy like him in the competition! I wouldn’t take too seriously to the insults from fans on fb anyway. From what I’ve seen, most of them are stay at home mothers with nothing better to do with their time than whinge on fb all day.

34 Veronica { 04.08.13 at 1:05 pm }

To true Anna, any of 4/14′s regulars would have thought the food on last night’s show was only worth half as much as usual.

35 Anna { 04.08.13 at 1:28 pm }

Veronica, saw one of the 4/14 chefs in the background a few times in the last nights show….

Wonder how hard it will be to get s table now…

36 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 1:29 pm }

My husband has just come home to tell me that a mag at supermarket is saying Baces and Scott are an item and Delta and Seal. Had to laugh, he was so proud of himself that got news before me he he!

37 Culinary Boner { 04.08.13 at 1:45 pm }

Gee, nanaliz.
Well here’s hoping for Scott’s sake that his tallywhacker, and performance in the horizontal, all measure up to Sophia’s exacting expectations. I’d hate to bear the brunt of her commentary on anything less than satisfactory, or even be within earshot of it.

“What the fuck do you call that, babe*? Guess you’ll just have to try again. And try a bit fucking harder this time, babe. *rolls eyes*”

* Actually secret code for “c__t”.

38 Anna { 04.08.13 at 1:50 pm }

Culinary Boner, geez I was having lunch LOL

39 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 1:57 pm }

Braces has plonked for Scott ‘cos you know what they say about Asian guys and their “chippolatas”.

40 A.P { 04.08.13 at 1:59 pm }

In the New Idea today Dan and Steph are being trained by the Bondi Boys on how to lose weight and its working for them which is good.
They have all become good friends, Dan and Steph have jumped on the quinoa bandwagon and say healthy food can be tasty.

41 Anna { 04.08.13 at 2:06 pm }

I love quinoa! Eat it almost daily… still to try black quinoa, always have supply of red and white at home…

42 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 2:11 pm }

*Thinking* I wonder whose gonna return to MKR headquaters….. =/

43 Veronica { 04.08.13 at 2:31 pm }

I guess the ultimate cook off will be between Braces and Tatts and the Bondi Boys!

44 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 2:32 pm }

Maybe Sophia is a bit of an octopus?

45 VioletsRBlue { 04.08.13 at 2:36 pm }

I quite liked the Italian mumas but gee they are really terrible cooks! Everytime I’m hoping that they will dish something amazing but I’m disappointed every time! I am over them now and found them annoying last night. I think that they enough chances.

I did not like the presentation of the Tassie boys desert, it looked cheesy! But they did well compared to the other teams.

I really liked Colin giving them tangible advice on how to improve their dishes. It was very constructive and much more useful than the usual advice that Peter or Manu give them. I think that they would learn much more if Colin was the ‘regular’ judge. I find P&M advice quite useless most of the time.

46 Tyroc { 04.08.13 at 2:39 pm }

I thought Scott batted for the other team…Maybe she’s his beard ?

47 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 2:40 pm }

I don’t think octopus is healthy enough for Scott. Too much cholesterol. But hey he into exercise!

48 layla { 04.08.13 at 2:40 pm }
49 Golo i Wesolo { 04.08.13 at 2:46 pm }

Mr. Media Career and his hopeless excuse of a mute son are back. Yippee.

50 Anna { 04.08.13 at 2:48 pm }

She does like blue eyes… has a crush on Pete and used to have one on Colin LOL Until Colin gave her a low score for her crap cooking :-)

51 layla { 04.08.13 at 3:23 pm }

LOL Golo I love your description of Matt, so spot on! ;)

Yes, it doesn’t matter if Jessie and Biswa showed no respect for anyone else, as long as we show respect to them. I conquer.

Happy to see Dan and Steph have changed their ways with food, mind you I don’t think since their instant restaurants that they’ve cooked anything too bad, butgood for good them. I’m going back to the fatty club (Weight Watchers) myself this week, I am NOT looking forward to it…

Scott is straight Tyroc, Luke is the one who we discovered who is gay.

52 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 3:41 pm }

Kerry is to be on Sunrise tomorrow after her collapse tonight so I am assuming she & Craig drop out and there is still someone in line for elimination cook-off. The Come-back kitchen was probably filmed after the Broome week so someone could come back to get number of eps right again. Broome was filmed in November when it is in build-up to ‘wet season’ so very hot and humid. I can’t understand why they didn’t have covers over each work station, just from health and safety point of view.

53 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 4:18 pm }

I’m wondering with the awesome surprise and spontaneous nature of Kom back Kitchen why the young son of Ta$$ie Pops was already packing the blue sticking plaster?

Are lacerations on the cards when one is preparing mousse?

Hurry up and faint , Kerrie. Get it over with. It’s been dragged out longer than a Cagney death scene. In the Broome sun in November, sheer stupidity at work, producers.

54 littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 4:26 pm }

Broome episode was filmed between 20 to 22 Nov.

I think the first Komback Kitchen was filmed before the Broome episode.

BDD-You forgot about the team that traveled business or first class. We can rule out Angela and Melina. Must be Kerrie and Craig.

55 Rosie { 04.08.13 at 4:28 pm }

>>Channel 7 could have redeemed themselves by bringing Jessie and Biswa back and showing them proper respect the second time around. Guess that is too much to ask for.<<

Golo, had you paid attention last night, you'd realise that only the teams that were eliminated from the MKR kitchens were invited to recompete. And since Jessie and Biswa's woeful cooking didn't get them that far…

I also want to add my praise for Colin. A chef who says what he thinks – good on yer, mate!

56 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 4:34 pm }

Rosie 5:- I agree with ya when u stated this about Colin ‘A chef who says what he thinks – good on yer, mate!
He should stick to it, He doesnt have favourites like ive seen P&M have!! I like the sruffy look too hehe….

57 littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 4:36 pm }

What about his ‘unwash’ or oily hair, Samii

58 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 4:43 pm }

They must go somewhere else besides Broome as there aren’t grape vines around there. Margaret River ,maybe.

59 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 4:49 pm }

littlepetal 57:- Gosh ur a funny one *laughs* hmm *thinking* Nar i like washed n non-oily hair lol But Darrens look on the voice, i like coz my Husband is kinda like that haha =D

60 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 4:54 pm }

“Assoom nootin’ ! Te coostemers aren’t here to eat me fookin’ HAIR!”

61 layla { 04.08.13 at 4:54 pm }

I just re-clicked the link I posted this morning and it’s been reworded to now say that Mick and Matt along with Melina and Angela have a chance to re-enter the MKR competition and will be cooking against the next eliminated team from this week. So I think the media jumped ahead of themselves with that previous article. What’s the point of Mick and Matt “winning” that round if they have to cook again anyway? It should be Melina and Angela cooking against the next eliminated team and whoever wins out of those two then go on to face Mick and Matt for the possibility of re-entering the competition.
Dave, Matt was also chopping the vegies for the salmon dish.
Finally the desert episode is on tonight after waiting 263672 weeks. I’m intrigued to know what happens after Kerrie faints, surely they wouldn’t have her cook again after that and she and Craig would be too far behind to start over. From the previews I’ve read, it looks like they’ll be in Broome all week.

62 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 4:54 pm }

Colin said on Sunrise the other morning that as quickly as he washes his hair, make-up dept put product in it and it shines under lights. I have seen him with hair tied back when he is cooking in own restaurant and it looked clean then.

63 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 5:22 pm }

Filming in Broome for about 2 days followed by another challenge at Margaret River and the Sudden Death cook off in Perth

64 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 5:22 pm }

brain dead dave 60:- Luv ur comment lol ur a funny one too hey?! =D
nanaliz 62:- Well stated in ur comment =)

65 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 5:26 pm }

Just got home form work and thanks everyone for the good read.

Thanks Littlepetal forthe price list. I still think the people seemed tight but since I didn’t taste the food I don’t know.

Nanaliz, liked your scenario for A&S. Could think of a few others myself, well mainy for Sophia.

CB thanks and THANKS ALOT for the imagery of Scott and Sophia. I just keep imagining those razor sharp teeth and BDDs friend.

Sammiluv, looks like you’ve found a new home.
Check your mail at the end of the week or thereabouts.

And BDD will Kerrie really faint?

66 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 5:28 pm }

Stick a B12 shot into Kerrie’s ample arse and tell her to harden tf up. Zis is ze competition,gice.

Ta Samiiluvbugg. I had to cut and paste that.

That’s right, layla.Thanks. Ta$$ie Pops is as slow as ze shizen at chopping stuff.

67 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 5:32 pm }

Daisy 65:- Welcome home my dear, Gald u liked our novel of the day! lol
I have to check my email? Whoot woo, U left me a surprise i wonder?! CANT WAIT!! *jumps up n down* =)

68 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 5:33 pm }

Not your email, anon, your mail via…

69 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 5:35 pm }

brain dead dave 66:- Yw, U dont seem like a scary guy at all lol just have to crack ya myself…..But ur all good! U can b a dick like all of us haha welcome =D

70 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 5:41 pm }

RR blog is misbehaving today. Not getting updates on emails.

71 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 5:44 pm }

Otay Daisy =D

72 Morgan { 04.08.13 at 6:09 pm }

RR you should probably change the title of the article. Mick and Matt are not back in… yet

The episode was entertaining, but the cooking itself was atrocious. Good grief, it really showed that none of these teams deserved to come back.

73 Danielle { 04.08.13 at 6:27 pm }

Are Sophia and Scott an item? He apparently broke up with his girlfriend and she got out of a long term relationship within the past year or so. She says she’s too ugly to have a boyfriend or something like that. The article says no but they still made a headline!

I heard from Tassie father that A&M became not liked among contestants that episode shows why.
I really liked Ali and Samuel but they keep making stupid mistakes: ie vodka in a sorbet?!

74 Liberty { 04.08.13 at 6:31 pm }

Funniest comment of the night has to be from Mick and Matt about how they were doing better than the “mainlanders” even with their “two heads” lol. I did note that they were cooking fish, AGAIN, staying in their comfort zone.

75 Anna { 04.08.13 at 6:40 pm }

Watching US Masterchef, going to be hard to watch our amatar after the US version….

76 Bobbykins { 04.08.13 at 6:48 pm }

Spoiler**
But looking at this week’s promo and the promo they did of the post-instant restaurant rounds weeks ago, the “outside town hall” challenge appears to be this week’s Sudden Death challenge – and if memory serves me right, that means Jenna&Joanna and Kerrie&Craig will be the two teams who will lose Mon&Tuesday and face off on Wed.

77 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 6:49 pm }

Hey everyone just catching up with all ur comments. Have been laid up in bed all day with some bug. Just watching today/tonight interview with Matt Golezki, the chef who lost his family in that tragic house fire. It was interesting that he said George and Garry from MC and Manu all got their start on Ready, Steady Cook, and he was still waiting for his big break. Maybe producers could take note.

78 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 6:51 pm }

I like the honesty of the judges and also contestants don’t mince there words in MC US. But the cooking is not that great at this stage

79 Anna { 04.08.13 at 6:54 pm }

Littlepetal, it’s better then what our MC has dished out… Hope MC Professional is back next year. Hopefully with Marco as a host/mentor

80 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 7:00 pm }

Hope you feel better quickly TH. We have missed you today.

81 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 7:01 pm }

I’m loving MC US and Jnr MC for the first time as well as Marco’s Kitchen Wars. And whoever posted earlier Jnr MC are better than this season MKR contestants I absolutely agree. Also luv the way Colin gave helpful advice on how to make each dish better.

82 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 7:04 pm }

Hope you get better TH. I am also down with the bug for a few days. I

83 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 7:05 pm }

Ditto TH. Get well soon. In the meantime, spoil yourself :)

84 Anna { 04.08.13 at 7:05 pm }

Teachhater, Colin is a mentor, shame Pete and Manu aren’t….

Loving Marco’s Kitchen Wars… such a pleasure to watch Marco, next step is to dine at his restaurant :-)

85 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 7:12 pm }

That poor footballer who got caught checking his groin. The news said he was, “Exploring his legal options”.

86 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 7:13 pm }

Never heard it called that before.

87 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 7:14 pm }

Thnx everyone Anna next step is to run off with Marco. Lol. Not really could never leave Desi at least he lets me drool whenever he’s on. HaHa:-S maybe we all caught the same bug from staying up so late and partying here.

88 A.P { 04.08.13 at 7:14 pm }

techhater@77, I’m watching that too. he said he’s bringing out a book soon, maybe we should all buy it to support him after what he has gone through and yes, it would be good to see him on MKR or MC.
Hope you feeling better soon!

89 Anna { 04.08.13 at 7:17 pm }

techhater, run off with Marco? Now there is an idea ;-) LOL

As far as Matt Golinski is concerned, hope he makes a come back soon!
Before the accident he had his own catering company, wasn’t running a kitchen in a restaurant. Hope one of his friends helps him out…

90 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 7:19 pm }

Other chefs have all chip in to raise fund for him. Manu is taking a group to France in June, I think and George and Gary another group in Sept. All fund raised will go to help him.

91 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 7:24 pm }

I’ve just been reading the trash mags.

*Josh and Andi are having a boy. Said they were leaving anyway but pressured by producers to shoot an elimination episode
* Scott and Sophia…article about them but I think it’s bs
*Delta & Seal- well, they were holding hands at The Logies.
*Megan from Megan & Andy was in a gay relationship.Stop ze clocks.
*Delta fights back on Twitter after failing to make Austs 50 Greatest Singers Poll.

92 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 7:25 pm }

Earlier many chefs have came together and did a fund raising dinner for him. They raised lots of money and he also donated some to the hospital.

93 Anna { 04.08.13 at 7:27 pm }

Littlepetal, they’ve been raising funds to help him with medical expenses and to get back on his feet…. They had a fundraiser about a year ago in Sydney

94 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 7:31 pm }

Dave re “Delta fights back” I think she should give up gracefully and host the biggest LOSER.

95 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 7:32 pm }

Oh I forgot, Josh and Andi claimed MKR is shooting from 4AM to 8PM.

You wanted to be on TV,Gice.

Scott said he went on the show to raise his profile. Another wanker. Where is ze love,gice?

96 Anna { 04.08.13 at 7:38 pm }

Dave, what lurve??? It’s all about 15 seconds of fame!!!

Braces is doing how clown impersonation again tonight ….

97 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 7:44 pm }

To give a boost to his shitty personal trainer profile. Pa$$ion for food, my arse.

98 Anna { 04.08.13 at 7:58 pm }

Just as one thinks that Bratz cannot get any uglier, they do !!!

Aparently Jenna & Joanna are followers & Bratz don’t like that…

YAWN!! What ever

99 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 7:58 pm }

I really really can’t stand the way Sophia speaks. Its more annoying each episode

100 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:01 pm }

Little petal I would like to get a large steamed pork bun and shove it in her mouth.

101 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 8:06 pm }

Rubber gob – that’s Sophia’s affliction.

102 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:07 pm }

More like super glue for Sophia, Daisy

103 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 8:08 pm }

Daisy we’re just 30mins in and trust me u’ll be wanting more than a steam bun. Even quiet Desi is yelling at the tv.

104 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:15 pm }

Does she look like Tottie in the Case of the Wererabbit?

(Mouth made by Wallace and Grommit)

105 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 8:21 pm }

Daisy u naughty girl. Tottie has way more grace and poise than Braces.

106 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:25 pm }

Yes, you’re right. Totties a real lady.

But I think Sophia’s mouth has been made by Claymotion.

107 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:25 pm }

So its another beat up with Kerrie fainting

108 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:26 pm }

Quelle surprise!

109 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:28 pm }

Let me guess, her souffle fopped? Her lettuce wilted?

110 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:30 pm }

Judges comments were all BS. They just give neutral comments.

111 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 8:37 pm }

Littlepetal we can’t give too much away but the last 2 dishes had no comments. Hmmm the mind boggles.

112 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:42 pm }

Now judges complained that it was too simple. They need to push themselves.

They didn’t complained about simplicity in A&S mains in the sudden death cook off. Boom judges

113 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 8:49 pm }

Bugger, bugger, bugger

114 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:53 pm }

Bobbykins-you are right with the spoiler.

115 A.P { 04.08.13 at 8:53 pm }

Dammit!

116 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 9:01 pm }

Agree with u all Bugger Dammit and a few more expletives that I wont lower myself to use. What really sucks is that Desi picked it from the very start of the challenge. I hate it when he’s right :@

117 Anna { 04.08.13 at 9:10 pm }

Total BS!! The challenge, the comments, the outcome …

The show has lost all credibility

118 Morgan { 04.08.13 at 9:11 pm }

So over it! Pete and Manu don’t even try to hide their bias and double standards anymore! Ashlee and Sophia’s dish looked so dry and was very basic. Luke and Scott continue to scrape by with their mediocre food. If Jenna and Joanna get eliminated this week I’m not watching anymore.

119 Morgan { 04.08.13 at 9:14 pm }

Wouldn’t be surprised if Pete and Manu rigged the votes or convinced the people to vote for Ashlee and Sophia. Complete BS.

120 Anna { 04.08.13 at 9:33 pm }

Morgan, from what they showed of the voting not one person selected A&S dish. So how the hell did they manage to win is beyond me

Then the moronic Braces announced that no one is capable of beating them. If they win the comp then I’m not watching next season

When Pete & Manu were trying their dish it didn’t look if they liked it…

121 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 9:48 pm }

Wonder if there were any nudists (exhibitionists) lying on beach when camels walked passed. I have had the ah…pleasure or not.

122 layla { 04.08.13 at 9:51 pm }

Yeah well…what can be said really? Kerrie’s “fainting” was over the top as per usual but making people cook over camp stoves in 35+ degree heat is a heat stroke episode waiting to happen. So at the same time I’m not surprised one of the contestants had to sit out for a bit.

It was so obvious it was planned to have Ashlee and Sophia catch the biggest fish… I mean they didn’t even catch it. And the way she carried on like a 5 year old after their fisherman caught it for them was pathetic. You caught a fish, you didn’t have the winning tattslotto ticket, so sit down before you lose your balance and fall out of the boat. Not going to lie, that would have been nice to see.

I felt for poor Jenna and Joanna (well Joanna), they had no choice in what seafood produce they had to use and it wasn’t right to see them go through to sudden death. It’s ridiculous that Luke and Scott continue to scrape through with basic dishes yet others before them have been eliminated for it. But we all know why that is…

So now we know that Ashlee and Sophia don’t get along with Kerrie and Craig either it seems, as they were picked second last to Jenna and Joanna. Kerrie doesn’t take me as the type to tolerate their childish behavior so it wouldn’t surprise me if she’s had a few words to them off screen that we don’t know about as of yet.

They were risky to show an episode like this knowing that The Voice is airing at the same time, and it won’t surprise me if people have switched over to ch9 now after all this Ashlee and Sophia BS we witnessed tonight. They only thing that can save this show from being smashed by ch9 in the ratings is bringing back Mick and Matt into the competition.

What annoys me most about this show apart from Pete and Manu’s favourtism is the editing. I hate they how they have this huge build up of fake suspense waiting to find out how Pete and Manu are going to critique Ashlee and Sophia’s food when we know they are obviously going to love it. That is more annoying than their kiss ass comments. Yes we know you love it, you refuse to fault them, say it and move on to the next team please.

123 LB { 04.08.13 at 9:52 pm }

It would be nice if there was some transparency in the voting for the alleged “People’s Choice”.
Diners have been served seven dishes & then have to remember who cooked it, rather than the dish (same as Melb Cup challenge).
Then P&M do some bs to try & create tension & then it gets flipped to Bangs & Braces again. If MKR were trying to maintain any semblance of “competition” they would at least read out the number of votes. Maybe just for the top three as this would take P&M “power” away in decreeing the weakest dish if they gave all the scores out.
It really is a farce now.

124 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 10:06 pm }

I used to love MKR but I hope The Voice has more viewers to teach C7 a lesson. The promo was building up to A&S failing this time and the reverse happened.

I also think there would be more confrontation between Kerrie and the brats. Carrie would not tolerate their nonsense.

I would have love to eat the stuffed squids. It will be deliciously.

125 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 10:12 pm }

Layla as soon as the fishing challenge was announced i thought great no chance for the Bratz but Desi said straight up they’ll get the only fish, they’ll pick J&J last and win people’s choice. I think I might start placing bets on his predictions. LB ur right they should let us know what the tally was like they do on MC. Something really has to change or Ch7 will have another ratings disaster on its hands.

126 Christina { 04.08.13 at 10:14 pm }

Ouch Layla…your opinion of stay at home mums is pretty harsh. Am surprised no one has mentioned they found that offensive.

Good on Dan and Steph – they really seem to be making the most of this opportunity. Before I read anything on here, I actually thought Steph looked like she’d lost weight in tonight’s episode but thought that would impossible being a cooking show! But perhaps the boys have helped them out? She is a gorgeous girl.

Am also enjoying Colin on the show. Nice balance.

127 Golo i Wesolo { 04.08.13 at 10:15 pm }

The racist remarks have reignited here again, right on cue too.

The only reason you are all enamoured by Colin is because he is just as racist and pathetic as you lot. Giving A&S shit scores when their food is far superior to all the other contestants?

Typical white trash.

128 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 10:16 pm }

Still cooking here. Kerrie has ‘fainted’ yet. Pete and Manu are going on about how hot it is.
Guess what who doesn’t know that Broome is hot, hot, hot. MKR can afford canopies/umbrellas or something, but no, let’s make them cook in hte baking sun so that they fall apart. They would have been so sunburnt.

129 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 10:18 pm }

Hey Golo, I watched Community on SBS tonight. I got a line from it and I was saving it for you.
“Anti-racism is the new racism”.

130 Jaycee47 { 04.08.13 at 10:18 pm }

Couldn’t agree more Layla and LB. Noticed Braces had braces off….was able to be understood a little better.
Am fed up also with the way this show is going….Am ready to switch off permanently. Been watching Top Chef (from Seattle) and also Masterchef USA and boy, do those US contestants swear! It is all bleeps. At least the producers don’t carry on with all the crap that occurs with MC and MKR. Think I will get my fix via Foxtel instead of the pantomime that this show has become. I realise that they have to create a bit of drama but the way they are editing and the to-camera pieces is utterly off-putting. The Yanks don’t have the to-camera stuff….only a few grabs in the whole show and it’s not the bleating obvious of …”we have to really nail this or we are out!” stuff.
Then again if it wasn’t so pathetic there wouldn’t be as many comments on RR. Let’s hope gice that you all stick to the topic here and not like the hundreds the other night that didn’t refer to the show at all.
Still trying to come to grips with Braces and Scott!!! Maybe BDD that’s why the Braces are off!

131 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 10:20 pm }

nanaliz-I have encounter nudists in one of my morning walk at one of the beaches at the Central Coast. Don’t know where to look.

132 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 10:21 pm }

Layla do you reckon Manu put that fisn on A&S’s line. It was a pretty convenient ‘win’ for the plot.
At the very least the local fishermen would know the best spots.

133 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 10:25 pm }

Was the braces off? I didn’t even notice as I wasn’t watching. She sounded worse today. Really can’t stand the way she speaks.

134 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 10:34 pm }

There’s blood all over my lounge room. I just tore my ears of to stop the sound of Sophia’s voice critiquing her own foodd. Aaaaahhhh!

135 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 10:35 pm }

Nanaliz that would’ve been a much better “flash” surprise than the “flop” non-event of Kerry’s.

136 nanaliz { 04.08.13 at 10:39 pm }

It is particularly hard to know where to look,LP especially when you are on the back of a camel, but one guy in our group said loudly “yeah I’d hide my face too”. Guy was gone when we came back. It was really hilarious.

137 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 10:40 pm }

Troll #127. Playing the race card again, Golo i We$olo . Racist ,homophobic troll. Would be if you could be.

138 Techhater { 04.08.13 at 10:41 pm }

Daisy I did warn u earlier. A steam pork bun was not enough.

139 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 10:45 pm }

Damn, damn, bugger and damn!

I saw it coming but even so damn!

140 Moonstruck { 04.08.13 at 10:52 pm }

Tuned in when Kerrie had her”turn”. Of course it was going to happen. As already mentioned what about OHS? I wonder what their insurance premiums are.
But something isn’t adding up. These people can barely cook but managed to produce edible food under horrendous conditions. the same thing happened at Melbourne Cup. Everything was great. Yeah right!!!
Also it did not look like there was enough food for everyone to try. How could they really judge what was the best? Did they show how much was eaten? Especially as Manu and Pete got a plate of everything.

141 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 10:53 pm }

I’m pretty sure that the braces are still on.

142 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 10:55 pm }

Tomorrow night’s in our ‘backyard’.

143 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 10:56 pm }

It was the same with the first warehouse challenge. Same with MC. If you can’t taste every dish, you can’t judge.

144 Princess Cupcake is cute { 04.08.13 at 11:18 pm }

What is this Golo i Wesolo?!

Are you in “LOVEeeeee” with Ash & Soph, like that sleazy hyperventilating green sock that works for Telstra in those nauseating commercials that keep sucking up my LCD every other night while Manu & Pete keep salivating about the babes…

Seriously, Golo, please accept the fact that Adolf Eichmann is your father and that unfortunately Mossad was unable to capture him before he impregnated your suffering mother.

After tonight’s rigged MKR Ash & Soph setup…
Golo I Wesolo, ” go f@#k yourself with a Chefs knife up your bleached toilet paper friendly hole”.

145 layla { 04.08.13 at 11:30 pm }

Christina@126. My comment was meant to be harsh. Not generalising all, just the ones that find sitting on fb all day more important then running a household.

Daisy@132 the fish was probably hooked to the rod from the beginning.

Do you think Colin and co would fly all the way to Broome to film an elimination challenge though?

I posted a link to this Scott and Sophia story earlier and he said there’s no truth to it and right now I believe him. He has 2 young kids and I don’t see Sophia as the type to date someone with kids since seems to like all the attention focused on herself at all times. She wouldn’t stand to someone putting their kids first before her.

146 LB { 04.08.13 at 11:50 pm }

Daisy @141, I’m pretty sure the braces are still there – at least the bottom ones as I saw a screen grab tweeted tonight with one of her horrendous facial contortions as she speaks & they were visible then. Don’t know about the upper ones.

147 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 11:53 pm }

Yes LB I saw the upper braces still on the piranha.

148 brain dead dave { 04.09.13 at 12:02 am }

Maybe she could land a job on a crime show called “Without A Brace”.

At least the subordinate dog Tatts gave it to her straight~ “It’s the way you say it”. In one brace and out the other.

149 sarnias { 04.09.13 at 12:13 am }

hahaha, BDD, colins coostumers tighter than a crab’s arse. I reckon!! Where do they dig these “guests” up from anyway? They were very mean when it came to paying for what they had. The salmon the tassie boys knocked up did look mighty fine. Christ on a bike, Keiran was killing me – if he moved any slower he’d be in reverse. What’s her name anastassia, natasia, got a blank, she was good, and I reckon if she had a better partner she would have done a lot better in the whole comp. I have no doubt the bearded one can knock up a 12 hour slow roasted pigs head for four but get with the program mate, you got a time limit here so your faffing around and “how many well done steaks and how many medium, ah I dont know what he means” comments were KILLING ME!!!

150 LB { 04.09.13 at 12:49 am }

Yep BDD, it was pretty telling when her BFF babes turned on her for the way Ashlee was speaking to her.
Hmmm, I wonder if that was racist of her, or Sophia was just doing what everybody else has been doing – calling her out for being an immature, self-centered, self-entitled, rude person?

151 Moonstruck { 04.09.13 at 1:02 am }

LB@149 it’s amazing what people will put up with for sake of 125,000.

152 cuisinaire { 04.09.13 at 2:12 am }

nanaliz, unless the the nude beach no longer exists, it is some distance from where the cooking was “staged” and yes, the camels do go on that stretch of beach. However, the camel trains don’t tend to use the stretch of beach from the popular part of Cable Beach out to Gantheaume Point. I’ve been to Broome many times and love it! but requiring bbq cooking in the sun in November is irresponsible. Ch 7 should have enforced the “no hat” rule on Pete & Manu…no hat, no food! (I was hoping that a rogue croc might have been hungry for foreign food.)

153 Littlepetal { 04.09.13 at 8:12 am }

Yes, Colin and co were in Perth for the elimination challenge.

154 auds { 04.09.13 at 9:51 am }

How did the Tassie team get back in? Last I saw it was between them and the Italian mummas. What did I miss? All I saw last night was the Broome challenge…..

155 littlepetal { 04.09.13 at 10:02 am }

auds-you didn’t miss anything. Tassid team not back yet. They still have to cook against Angela and Melina and the team that will be eliminated this Wed.