The Logies: The Reality TV Rundown

It was a long long night watching the Logies and they seriously need to do something about the length or start it earlier.

Here is the lowdown reality TV wise from the Logies:

• It looks like George Calombaris  has dropped a lot of wait and he looks good for it;
  • It was the second year in a row where the Gold Logie winner was leaked before the actual announcement, Adelaide Advertiser from The Australian had story and it was announced at the Logies – Congratulations Asher Keddie who as seen on I Will Survivor last year. For the record that show did not get her the Gold Logie!
  • The Block won the Most Popular Reality TV Show for the second year in a row;
  • Julia Morris the winner of Season One of Celebrity Apprentice Australia gave a masterclass in how to give an acceptance speech at the Logies;
  • Joel Madden won Most Popular New Talent for his role as coach on The Voice;
  • Better Homes And Gardens won Most Popular Lifestyle Program;
  • The Voice Australia wins most popular Light Entertainment Program, the cast members there were Joel Madden, Darren McMullen and Faustina Agolley. It was a pity Excutive Producer Julie Ward did not give the thank you speech.
  • For a night showcasing Australian talent there was not one Australian performer singing which I thought was poor form;
  • Go Back To Where You Come From won most Outstanding Factual Program and Bondi Rescue won most Popular Factual Program;
  • The X Factor won the most Outstanding Light Entertainment Program over The Voice which was a bit of a surprise; and
  • Props to Bert Newton for his speech towards the end he showed those young guns how to command a room.

1 A.P { 04.08.13 at 1:09 am }

No one can do The Logies like Bert used to.
Everyone else looks second rate next to him, they look like they scrape the bottom of the barrel for the nominees, its so boring now. I will

always remember when Don Lane won the gold and insisted that Bert took it for six months and Don took it for six months as he knew The Don Lane Show was nothing without Bert.
That”s generosity you don’t see today.
I agree with RR, why can’t The Logies start at 7.30, they always used to ,and on a Friday night too which was more sensible for working people to sleep in the next day.

2 Tvjunkie { 04.08.13 at 6:12 am }

Hmmm… would love to know the secrets to George C’s “wait” loss. I can only assume you wrote this in somewhat of a post-Logie delirium (which is totally understandable if you watched the entire show). I couldn’t, so I’ll forgive this slight spelling error. LOL

3 Gogo { 04.08.13 at 7:38 am }

I’m a big fan of this site, but please, please edit!!! The huge number of spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes detract from a site with a great premise.

4 Sue N { 04.08.13 at 7:42 am }

lol Gogo- did you mean “promise”…??!! 😉

5 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 7:43 am }

I got bored and gave it a miss. But saw enough to be left wondering which idiots decide it’s OK to put Karl S in front of a camera sober let alone after a few drinks.
And how old is he that he thinks binge drinking is funny.
I think last year he was still drunk and made a fool of himself when he went to work the next day. I know, I kow, he doesn’t need a drink to do that. Grow up Karl.

6 Reality Raver { 04.08.13 at 7:59 am }

Gogo – fair point on punctuation and grammar but cut me a pass on this blog post as the Logies did not finish until after 12.30am and I just wanted to get to bed.

7 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:05 am }

I also noticed George C has lost a lot of weight on another post. I even joked that he must have as stint on the biggest loser house. Glad he is doing about his weight.

8 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:06 am }

RR You gotta admit, “second year in a road”, was a good one 😉
LOL.
Been there done that while typing faster than my brain can go.

9 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:09 am }

Is that little George (now littler George) from MC, little Petal?
The one that pokes his nose in the air like he is tracking a scent.

Good on him, but I hope he doesn’t end up skinny and sallow like Pete.

10 A.P { 04.08.13 at 8:09 am }

RR, you did well, don’t worry about it, I was very tired too just staying up through the whole show and I still have to watch the first half which I taped.
They could easily start the show an hour earlier which would help.

11 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:11 am }

RR must have a couple of drinks while watching the Logies and writing this piece.

12 Christina { 04.08.13 at 8:17 am }

I actually really enjoyed this years Logies! Julia Morris was definitely the most outstanding speech, and she looked great! Hamish and Andy funny as always, with Deborah Mailman the most poignant and emotional. Whereas the X Factor guys really fumbled their speech, was awkward to watch. So happy to see Go back To Where You Came From get a win, it was such a compelling and thought provoking series. Am happy for Asher Kedder too, she seems lovely…I just didn’t realise Offspring was so popular?!

13 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:20 am }

I am happy to over look a few errors given the job she does.
What bugs me is when to hear or read the grammar coming through in print and TV, especially AFTER editing.

Considering that RR is probably writing in her pyjamas with 10 kids waking up for a drink of water, then having to make 3.00 am calls to celebs in the US, she deserves some ‘flack’. 😉

14 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:22 am }

My fingers did not obey my brain either.

15 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:26 am }

Yes,Daisy. It is George from MC. With the auto correct on mobile and tablet you can get some funny words.

16 Christina { 04.08.13 at 8:27 am }

Oh, and was happy to see The Block win (even though I would have preferred to see it go to Amazing Race Australia!) and thought Scott Cam made a good speech. Also what was with Matt Preston’s hair?! Seriously. And am always shocked to see Better Homes & Gardens win…the show format is ok, but I just find most of the hosts so annoying (in particular Joanna and the too-smiley carpenter guy). That category actually seemed the weakest last night.

17 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:29 am }

Yes, Matt Preston with the Justine Beiber hair.

18 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:29 am }

What did MP do with his hair? Can’t waitto see it. Was it the doggy doo do?

19 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 8:39 am }
20 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 8:42 am }

Hairlairious! Thanks Petal.

21 Tuppence { 04.08.13 at 9:37 am }

I thought Matt, Gary and George looked like the 3 Stooges.

22 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 11:56 am }

I was so SHOCKED to see Joel Madden win a logie, Isnt it meant to b an Australian thing?! Since when are all these shows turning into Americans? Plz explain!!! I live here not there =/
But thank god, Steve (Brax) from Home n Away won a logie, his done a GREAT job! Luv his story lines <3
Also a thumbs up to the NRL for winning a logie, i watch them every week, i LUV Beau, his funny as =D

23 A.P { 04.08.13 at 12:04 pm }

Samii, Joel probably won because he is on an Australian television show and it doesn’t really matter where he’s from.
Although, he’s hardly a “new” talent , having worked in the industry for years.

24 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 12:06 pm }

Samiiluvbugg – I guess it’s because it’s an Australian show and if a judge had to win a Logie, what other choice did they have?
Seal – nuh
Delta – double nuh
Keith – yeah but he’s gone!

A.P didn’t see your reply before hitting submit.

25 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 12:08 pm }

A.P, I would have to disagree to agree with ya on that one, U should only win if ur an Australian….Amercan’s shouldnt b on our tv shows, only IF they become AC….Then i might have a rethink about it! lol

26 littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 12:08 pm }

But the Logies are for last year show. So Keith should get it.

27 A.P { 04.08.13 at 12:09 pm }

Totally agree Georgie, great minds think alike!
Love the double nuh for Delta.

28 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 12:10 pm }

littlepetal:- I agree with ya, Keith should of got it =)

29 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 12:14 pm }

Samiiluvbugg, there are plenty of Aussies living and working in the US who win awards for their TV shows and films. Besides, Joel is pretty cool.

30 A.P { 04.08.13 at 12:14 pm }

True Samii, but it would have to work both ways because there are a lot of Aussies on American shows and movies too and they are eligible for awards over there.
Take Simon Baker, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crow, Nicole Kidman etc.

31 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 12:17 pm }

Gotcha this time A.P – lol!

32 brain dead dave { 04.08.13 at 12:19 pm }

I’m rather happy to roll with RR’s grammar. Try doing a recap yourselves,whingers.

What annoys me more are the wankers who go overboard on multiple question and exclamation marks. There’s a difference between scratching your ar$e and tearing it to pieces !!??

33 A.P { 04.08.13 at 12:23 pm }

You and I are thinking so much a like today Georgie!

34 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 12:34 pm }

A.P. and Georgie, Siamese twins?

35 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 12:38 pm }

Lol Littlepetal – joined at the keyboard!

You realise A.P, that being a twin means you’re young and hot too. 😀

36 A.P { 04.08.13 at 12:45 pm }

Thanks!
We could secretly be one and the same person, you never know, someone said on another post that we are all BDD anyway.

37 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 5:32 pm }

My God AP and Georgie! You have been clond today.

38 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 5:39 pm }

Georgie/ A.P 29-30:- That might b so, But thats in movies….Not reality tv, theres a tad difference i believe?! =/

39 Daisy { 04.08.13 at 6:03 pm }

What I would like to know, even though I haven’t seen them yet myself, is who had the best dress? Last year my pick was Jesinta’s little mushroom coloued slip dress. Asher’s dress last year was too doily for my liking.

I’lll have to check the women’s mags at the shops for this years.

40 Georgie { 04.08.13 at 6:10 pm }

Well you never know Samiiluvbugg, maybe Keith will pick up an equivalent award for American Idol next year.

41 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 6:37 pm }

Georgie 40:- Hmm that im sure =)
Daisy 39:- Let me know about who won n got voted the worst best dress?

42 Littlepetal { 04.08.13 at 6:43 pm }

There is only one worst dress-Brynne Edelsten

43 A.P { 04.08.13 at 6:48 pm }

What about Suzie Eleman, its about time she changed her style.

44 Blake { 04.08.13 at 8:24 pm }

What the hell with Olly Murs performing?!
It never ceases to amaze me who they choose to pimp and who gets forgotten from these singing competition shows…

45 Samiiluvbugg { 04.08.13 at 9:04 pm }

I dno, about the best n worse dress coz I only watched an hr of it before bed :-(