My Kitchen Rules – Sweating and Fishing In Broome.

Maybe they need to send the contestants to Western Australia more often as the seafood dishes the MKR teams cooked on the beach looked sensational. Even more amazing considering the  conditions they were cooking under.

No wonder Kerrie collapsed from heat they were in the sun for 90 minutes. At least she had a semi decent hat on some of the teams went for style over substance and were wearing fedorsas which is fashion rather than sun protection.

At first it appeared the teams might have to catch and cook their food, but the fishing challenge was only to decide who would pick the order of teams to select their seafood. Props to My Kitchen Rules editors who after Pete warns the contestants about crocodiles then cut in a shot of one in the water…

Sophia was happy to win the power to decide which teams could choose when by catching a four kilogram barramundi.  She said “Step in line, the Dictator is coming in”, and it was surprising the order they picked. Clearly if Sophia did hook up with Scott he must not have been a good kisser as they selected them fifth. Her rationale was she did not see them as threats. If you don’t think they are competition why not pick them earlier.

They selected Dan and Stef first, then Chris and Sam, then Jake and Elle, then the Bondi Boys, Kerrie and Craig and last was Jenna and Joanne who were stuck with mudcrabs. However Joanna was used to cooking crab as her husband is a fisherman. Sophia and Ashlee’s rationale for picking them last was because they were followers. Again not sure what that meant or who they followed.

Despite winning the power the NSW girls were not having a good time. They were cracking at each other. Ashlee did not do the middle eastern spice rub right for their Middle Eastern Salmon, and took exception to the way Sophia was speaking to her about it. Sophia thought that she should know how she speaks by now and complained how she always had to step in when there was a stuff up.  Ashlee in the end was “whatever”.

The teams that used spices did better with the voters and the judges and for once it was not about who had not cooked the worse dish but whose just was not as good as the others.

The Bondi Boys who made Lobster with Lemon and Herb Butter, with a side order of Luke’s sweat. It was thought to be a “pleasant” dish. Thankfully Luke had not decided to give the nutritional value of his sweat to camera as he does for most of his ingredients.

Joanna and Jenna made  Mudcrab with Corn.  Joanna went and got sea water and it confused the other teams, Sophia said “Is girlfriend taking a dip?”. It was cooked well but their side dishes did not hit the mark. At this stage of the competition you need two strong cooks on your team to get anywhere.

Something that Dan and Stef have as they made a great Balinese Fish Curry, though they did not put enough sauce on it as they were prioritising presentation over taste.

Jake and Elle were smart with their Thai Tropical Perch. They cooked it in alfoil so could control the moistness of it, and the judges thought it was exquisite.  Chris and Sam also used the alfoil technique when making BBQ Barra with Fattoush Salad and homemade Flat Bread. It was impressive both in looks and taste.

Kerrie and Craig were making Prawn Stuffed Squid it looked fantastic and Manu loved the smokey taste of the chargrill. Props to her for keeping going to finish the dish when she was clearly struggling. Props to her for keeping going to finish the dish when she was clearly struggling.

At the end of the episode the viewer was kept in suspense over whether Ashlee and Sophia Middle Eastern Salmon was a dud or not. It wasn’t, they were told they had nailed it despite their dramas in the kitchen and they won peoples choice. They won a trip to the Margaret River to a Gourmet Food Festival. They chirped “they would wear their fat pants”. Love them or hate them they have brought personality to the series and episodes are edited around them. Interestingly Joanna probably thought she was going to be cast as the series bitch but they have well and truly taken the mantle from them.

Jenna and Joanna were told they were going into the elimination challenge which did not make her happy as Joanna had thought the seafood challenge had been right in their skill set.

My Kitchen Rules on Seven Monday to Wednesday at 7.30pm.

1 A.P { 04.09.13 at 11:09 pm }

Thanks Liberty @97 for the link, I had also missed that interview. What a rude speciman he was. How dare he talk to Carrie Bickmore like that?

2 nanaliz { 04.09.13 at 11:11 pm }

When K&C first came on I took an instant dislike to Kerri, but I started to thing she wasn’t as bad as first portrayed, but tonight I saw the same Kerri had disliked first off.
Having said that, Jenna has got sulkier and sulkier as the show has gone on. I don’t think its depression, just spoilt brat. I feel sorry for Joanna. She has spunk.
Now I don’t really care which goes first as long as both teams go soon. Now I have to work whether i want A&S to go next week or one of them. Hell yes.

3 A.P { 04.09.13 at 11:12 pm }

Looks like Jenna will slump even more tomorrow night, this competition seems to be all wrong for her, she has no spirit left in her ,poor girl.

4 Hammer Of Thor { 04.09.13 at 11:13 pm }

Good riddance to those of you asian haters.

A & S all the way.

those so-called SA goddesses are absolutely terrible, can’t cook and whinging about everything.

A said it right “not very princesslike” when Jenna told her to “f..koff”.

didn’t see anyone saying anything here??? I haven’t seen A & S use profanity to anyone on the show.

all your suckers just have to suck it up man!!

A & S WILL WIN POPLE, there is nothing you can do

5 brain dead dave { 04.09.13 at 11:26 pm }

Thanks Liberty, my YouTube is coughing and spluttering a bit but I’m salivating. I’m wondering if Ch 10 will cut it on the repeat shortly. He’s coming to Australia soon, don’t think he’ll be on The Project again.

Jenna has ruined Joanna’s chances , much the same as Jesus took Nastassia down. Both of them chose duds.

On the emotional state of the contestants, I thought Luke was going to bawl when his dish was praised. Jenna’s going to blub again tomorrow night. At least Dr.Phil hands his guests a tissue, these contestants have to guts it out.

Laughing at the crocodile found crossing the highway in Darwin this morning.

6 Daisy { 04.09.13 at 11:35 pm }

When I was vvv young I had a book about a doll filled with sawdust (how old must that book have been?) Anyway as the plot goes, the doll begins to gradually sag and slump. It turns out that she had a tiny hole and the sawdust was leaking out.
That might be what is happening to Jenna. She is leaking.

7 Daisy { 04.09.13 at 11:39 pm }

I’m on team J&J because Kerrie doesn’t compromise or negotiate but demands her own way. She can be nice enough but only when getting her own way.

Didn’t little Sammy and Chris do well tonight. Go boys.

WHat did someone say about the Bratz scmoozing with the farmers.
I wonder if all those farmers were from the elite of MR of which there are plenty.

8 The Valkyrie { 04.09.13 at 11:45 pm }

@103 “didn’t see anyone saying anything here???”

Okay, Jenna said fuck off

9 Techhater { 04.09.13 at 11:46 pm }

Daisy that’s an even better analogy than the Rod Hull and the emu. I’m going for JJ as well. I’d hate to be married to her. Rips the bed apart because he hasn’t made it to her satisfaction. Ouch

10 Daisy { 04.09.13 at 11:50 pm }

Yes poor Jenna by next week Joanna will have to put her hand up her (somewhere) and turn her into a glove puppet. Ha Ha.
But Joanna is so great that I still like that team. There’s only 2 teams I dislike and it’s obvious who they are.

11 Techhater { 04.10.13 at 12:04 am }

Just hope Joanna can keep it together till the end. Cause last night’s episode she melted down a wee bit.

12 Littlepetal { 04.10.13 at 9:08 am }

Kerrie will be a hard person to live with and she is a control freak. At least she was up front with herself from day 1. Craig did say there is only one way and that is the Kerrie way. If Craig can stand all her nonsense, good on him. I guess that is how to make a marriage works.

I admire Jenna’s decorative skills as seen on her website but she is hopeless in this show. Heard her on the radio yesterday and she has to hesitate when asked what to put in a beef pie. She just follow Joanna instructions and Joanna has to prop her up when she melts.

I like Jake more and more. He is the calm one. He works well under pressure. When Elle was yelling, Jake just stayed cool instead of arguing with Elle.

13 Suziekue { 04.10.13 at 9:49 am }

^5s @ Daisy for the Jenna leaking rag doll – it is so apt. First her wittle mouth dwoops, then her wittle heady dwoops…she looks around for mummy to save her..uh no mummy!! wittle shoulders dwoop….

14 Daisy { 04.10.13 at 9:53 am }

The melting analogy is a good one too, the way she was slumped at the table did look like she was a melting melba.

15 A.P { 04.10.13 at 10:00 am }

Daisy, love your description of Jenna@104

16 Daisy { 04.10.13 at 10:03 am }

Maybe you had the book AP.

17 Daisy in her dreams { 04.10.13 at 10:25 am }

Last night I dreamed I was sitting at a table with Pete and Manu and I was test tasting the food. I was eating a risotto and it was so disgusting I was choking and couldn’t eat it but was trying to eat it to be polite. Manu drowned his in lemon juice then P&M gobbled theirs up and were absolutely ravving about how good it was. After that I had tiny fish on skewers.

What does this dream mean?

18 Techhater { 04.10.13 at 10:34 am }

Littlepetal at first I thought Jake was going to be the villain but he and Elle put up some great food and i’ve really warmed to them. I’m amazed at how far Sam & Chris have come as well. Makes me wonder if they’re told to cook poorly in the beginning. Suziekue have u thought about writing a children’s book. Seriously u could call it “the melting cup-cake princess”

19 nanaliz { 04.10.13 at 10:35 am }

I see the Voice rating up over 2mill and MKR down to 1.38mill last night. Interesting to see if trend continues.

20 Jaycee47 { 04.10.13 at 10:36 am }

Have just been on the MKR website to get the recipe Kerry and Craig cooked on the Broome challenge which I thought was prawn stuffed calamari and it is under Sam & Chris’ recipes! They can’t even get that right! Am SO over this ballsed up show! By dragging it out they will lose viewers. On last night’s Masterchef USA challenge they had to cook hamburgers for 51 truckers and they had to taste EACH hamburger and vote for either red or blue. That way they at least tasted BOTH teams food and decided which they liked best. There is a lot to be desired about how the diners judge and score the teams on MKR (and Masterchef for that fact). If scoring was a lot more transparent we could at least see that it was fair.

21 Techhater { 04.10.13 at 10:48 am }

Daisy it means u were in a people’s choice challenge and Ashlee & Sophia “nailed ze amazing deesh”
JC I watched MC US and yes that is a great way to judge. Every one tastes each teams food and votes straight away. Much more fair.

22 Daisy { 04.10.13 at 10:52 am }

Oh my goodness TH I just realized how close that was to being a really bad nightmare. The Bratz weren’t there.

I wasn’t a contestant so I suppose I was a celebrity judge, or rich Margaret River wine-grower.

23 brain dead dave { 04.10.13 at 10:52 am }

Two reasons that The Voice is rating better~
1) Braces
2) Tatts.

24 Techhater { 04.10.13 at 11:06 am }

Dave have to ask if u watched the Johnny Rotten INTERVIEW? last night and what ur thoughts were. He certainly has a questionable outlook on life. Lol

25 nanaliz { 04.10.13 at 11:08 am }

Agree BDD and the contrived judging, supposed scandals/dramas… I could probably go on but you know where I am coming from.
I must admit it was a pleasure watching MKR as a cooking show last night. Still bit of drama and laughs over stove wars, Jake prancing out to vegie garden was a scream. Sulky face was the only irritating thing last night.

26 littlepetal { 04.10.13 at 12:42 pm }

Yes, MC US is fair with their judging and even with the Pressure Test, either taste test or identifying ingredients, each contestant was given a fair chance. Not like MC here where it has not been a fair play.

27 Jaycee47 { 04.10.13 at 1:27 pm }

I watched the Johnny Rotten interview and thought Carrie was out of order by interrupting him. Regardless of who it is when someone is talking you aren’t supposed to interrupt. The fact that he has a bit of a reputation was held against him so I thought he was in fact well within his rights to berate her….

28 Anna { 04.10.13 at 1:31 pm }

Why is Golo i We$olo spewing his crap and hatered under 3 different names?

Surely it’s not that hard to understand that his IP address is always same….

29 littlepetal { 04.10.13 at 1:33 pm }

Golo can be using different IP to post.

30 Anna { 04.10.13 at 1:37 pm }

Littlepetal he /she could, then again.. home/work/mobile will be a match to one of the previous posts

31 Gabby { 04.10.13 at 6:52 pm }

Techhater @ 118 what you were saying about the boys being told to cook poorly in the beginning, I have always thought that about Dan and Steph. They have improved leaps and bounds and their whole style of cooking has changed to what they were dishing up at their instant restaurants. Just a thought.

32 Littlepetal { 04.10.13 at 7:01 pm }

Dan always talk about opening a sausage shop and he hasn’t done anything with salutes except for the IR. Now I see lots of Asian cuisines from them

33 Gabby { 04.10.13 at 8:02 pm }

Maybe they will think about opening an Asian restaurant now Littlepetal.

34 Brit { 04.12.13 at 2:02 pm }

Annette yates, you are an idiot. As soon as you put fish in the esky on ice they go stiff and solid.

35 ian { 04.16.13 at 7:59 pm }

can anyone tell me how MKR works, what are the rules???