Survivor Caramoan – What Was That All About Last Night?

Survivor Caramoan saw the favourites wheeling and dealing with the fans to try and avoid being caught on the bottom of their alliance as you know only three can make it to final tribal council and if you have an alliance of six someone has got to go.

However there was so much scheming by the end of tribal council I could not work out what had actually happened. Andrea was targetted by the fans even though she had gotten flirty with Eddie and assured him he was not next. Malcolm had said he was aligned with Reynold and the alpha males but then freaked out at tribal demanded Reynold’s immunity idol to play and he was not even voted for. In fact he voted for Reynold. Also he has his own idol. He had also tried to bring dobber Dawn into his alliance but she went back and told her alliance. In the end Michael was eliminated. Go figure.

It was a good episode as there was not as much of Phillip just him intiating Sherri into Stealth R Us. Sherri has been quiet the last few episodes but is now starting to make some moves. Next week it looks like all the scheming has gotten to Dawn and her mormon guilt emerges and she has  meltdown.

Did you understand what happened last night? Did Malcolm do it to flush out the idol?

1 Sioux Denim { 04.12.13 at 9:45 am }

Wow, it really was bizarre indeed….Malcolm certainly being paranoid….Reynold will be totally miffed that he gave Malcolm the idol for no reason….and then will later find out he had one already!

I gotta ask….what the hell in going on with Brenda? She never gets any camera time, seems to be injured, wins immunity and no-one even mentions her name….at all!!

2 Jas { 04.12.13 at 9:55 am }

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got confused. You could see Reynold thinking “Have I just made the dumbest move ever?” when he saw a vote for him.
And the less we hear from Phillip, the better.

3 Trent { 04.12.13 at 10:04 am }

I think paranoia got to Malcolm but he threw a vote in Reynolds direction to “prove” to the favourites that he in fact was on board with them all along and to make out he was also trying to flush out the idol! Brilliant gameplay and may win him back some loyalty.

Brenda and Erik are completely invisible and it has been the Phillip/Cochran show which is unbearable. We want more game play.. not try hard witty confessionals and craziness.

Cochran we get it – you are a nerd. More Brenda please

4 Daisy { 04.12.13 at 10:28 am }

What a night.
I don’t think Malcom was flushingthe idol because he’d want his alliance to have as many as they could.

Trent well spotted. I didn’t see that move. Did he vote for Reynold? Will Reynold know that? I’m so glad Malcom didn’t go but he needs to get smarter. Bringing Dawn in after Corrine was poor judgement. Surely he knew with whom Corrine had spoken since they were tight.

Who else was screaming on the couch at tribal last night when Malcom stood up and asked for the idol. Funny and good.

5 Daisy { 04.12.13 at 10:30 am }

I am really liking Brenda this season and I think she is smart. She didn’t make it last time so she is playing under the radar. Good job Brenda.

6 emp { 04.12.13 at 11:21 am }

Brenda and Erik not getting any screen time probably means that they’re gonna make comfortable jury members. Even if they make F3 I don’t think anyone would vote for them because neither of them look like they’re putting in any effort to garner points with the rest of the tribe. Pity because I really liked Brenda during Nicagura and now even with an idol she doesn’t even get a confessional!

Cochran looks like the winner fmpov. If Dawn makes it to the end she is also a strong contender to take it out.

TC was crazy especially when Malcolm asked Reynold for the idol. I would have loved it if their plan actually worked. Curse Andrea and Dawn and her loud mouth.

7 A.P { 04.12.13 at 11:48 am }

Yes Daisy, I sure was shouting from the couch, it was a really exciting episode.
I couldn’t believe Reynold meekly handed over his idol, he really trusted Malcolm so wait til he finds out he wrote his name down, and he was the only one too!
You are right about Brenda, she did so well in that water challenge to win but she is hardly ever mentioned.
As for Dawn, I’ve never seen such a big dobber in my life, no one can trust her, she seems to be really desperate for the money so she’s panicking and has an apparent breakdown next week.
I wish I looked as young and hot as my namesake Andrea LOL!

8 PollyB { 04.12.13 at 12:09 pm }

It was good to see Malcolm paranoid for once. If only Andrea et al didn’t turn into big ole chickens! It is starting to get interesting now. Go Cochran.

9 Izobel2 { 04.12.13 at 1:08 pm }

Imagine doing that water challenge! I woulda lasted 5 seconds.
Imagine if Reynolds got voted out, he’d be well mad.
Dawn is turning into Blair/Lisa from last season.
Go Cochran!

10 KG { 04.12.13 at 2:29 pm }

Dawn, whilst lame, is not really a dobber or ‘betraying’ anyone. She is actually being true to her own alliance by reporting back on approaches from other groups to jump sides.
The pity is Malcolm apparently doesn’t realise it was Dawn that Corinne spilt the beans to last week who then blabbed all their plans so the ‘Stealth’ bombers deciding to oust Corinne ahead of schedule.
Loving Cochrane’s ‘to camera’ pieces!

11 Christina { 04.12.13 at 2:43 pm }

Malcolm had a right to be paranoid – they were going to vote him out! Dawn double crossed him. The only thing that saved him was that Andrea became paranoid too, and changed the votes at the last minute to Michael (as she obviously suspected Reynold could give Malcolm the idol, which he did)!

The irony is that if Eddie hadn’t told Andrea she was being targeted (and Malcolm still got the hint from Phillip at tribal council and scored the idol from Reynold) then their plan actually would have worked. So it is kind of Eddie’s fault they lost Michael!!! (the one who Andrea switched the vote to).

Does that all make sense?! I LOVE survivor when it’s like this! So much more interesting and entertaining to watch. Gets so boring when alliances get too much power and their is no scrambling.

So all in all, it was smart play from everyone. Except Dawn – although perhaps I only say that because I want Malcolm to win when she is probably correct that she better off in her alliance. Likely a better chance to win against Cochran, Andrea, Phillip, Eddie, Brenda or Sheree than the physically stronger guys.

Oh Malcolm, you’ve really tried to play too hard too soon – am so frustrated you’ve trusted the wrong people! Hope you can make a come back.

Sioux – agree about the non existent Brenda edit! And it’s also amazing she is still here considering she was originally on the “outs” in her first tribe, the only thing saving her was the tribe swap. She obviously doesn’t realise this to keep playing along with the favourites.

I still like Cochran or Malcolm for the win. And even though I’m annoyed at Dawn for double crossing Malcolm, you have to admit she is really playing the game.

And yes it was indeed nice to have not so much Phillip this episode. Finally!

12 Carole { 04.12.13 at 3:51 pm }

Yeah I was yelling at the TV screen, that you already have an idol!!!!! I wonder how Reynold felt watching that at home, will be interesting to see his reaction at the reunion.

I thought that reward was actually a booby prize. No way would I have rapelled down that waterfall. Talk about scary.

Yeah on the way to Tribal Council I still didn’t have a clue who they were going to vote for. They changed it so many times.

13 Delirium { 04.12.13 at 4:05 pm }

Best episode of survivor in more then a decade. Loved it. The only way it could have been better is if Eddie didn’t run his mouth to Andrea and they kept their vote for Malcolm (so Andrea goes home!)

14 Cheryl { 04.12.13 at 8:22 pm }

The way I saw it Malcolm was convinced they were voting for him by the way the conversation at TC went (all about loyalty and making bug moves at the wrong time) and when he saw Reynold about to play his idol he figured out a way to save himself without a)exposing his HII or b) using his own HII. It was brilliant. It was just a shame that Andrea knew she was being targeted and went for the safe option.

Unfortunately I think Malcolm has signed his own death warrant now. He showed the Favs that he is there to play and unless he can go on (another) immunity run he is gone as soon as the Favs can do it. They will take out whichever of Malcolm, Eddie and Reynold doesn’t win immunity and all three of them will be fighting each other for immunity at every challenge. Which is such a shame because Malcolm is one of my favourite players ever :(

15 Christina { 04.13.13 at 7:39 am }

Well, he has shown in the past he can have an immunity run…unfortunately he hasn’t been shining this season. He is at a physical disadvantage though, doing two seasons back to back.

The only other hope is that one of the Secret Service (or whatever they are called!) realise that not all of them can be in the final 3 so make a big move….

I have this sinking feeling now Phillip has made it this far, he will make it to the end as everyone will think they can beat him at tribal council. OMG – I don’t think I could stand listening to his final speech.

16 Carole { 04.13.13 at 8:17 am }

Was there a recap for last weeks show or did I miss it?

Was really annoyed that Corrine wasn’t the first member of the Jury. How fun would it have been having her and ‘her gay’ Michael together there?

17 Techhater { 04.13.13 at 11:22 pm }

Was so disappointed Corinne voted out last week.

My final 3 Malcolm, Brenda and Cochran. Can’t stand Dawn or Phillip.

18 fiona { 04.14.13 at 1:34 am }