Julia Morris To Be Host Of Australia’s Got Talent

Julia Morris continues to show that winning Celebrity Apprentice Australia has reinvigorated her career as it has now been announced that she will be the host on NINE’s version of Australia’s Got Talent.

The Sunday Telegraph writes the House Husband star will be keeping the show ticking over both on stage and off stage. It is a great choice as Julia schtick is motherly warmth with a bit of bite.

She also gets the gong for best Logie speech last week as well. One thing she won’t have to worry about is people not understanding her like new judge Heidi Klum on America’s Got Talent, her German accent is apparently a problem.

Auditions for Australia’s Got Talent continue in Sydney today.

1 Georgie { 04.14.13 at 10:57 am }

I have to say, I lost a bit of respect for Julia when she played the race card, following viewer criticism of Deni Hines’ behaviour during Celebrity Apprentice last year. For me she’s still good, but she used to be great.

2 A.P { 04.14.13 at 11:50 am }

She should be pretty good as long as she doesn’t try to be t0o funny all the time, sometimes it can be forced, but at least a female host might be a bit different.
I don’t really remember about her playing the race card, what did she say?

3 Georgie { 04.14.13 at 12:03 pm }
4 Littlepetal { 04.14.13 at 12:21 pm }

Thanks, Georgie, I forgotten about that !!!

Also agree with A.P. She is funny but please don’t try to be funny all the time. It’s become fake.

5 Georgie { 04.14.13 at 12:53 pm }

That series was October 2011, not 2012 sorry. Last year the series ran in April so they were pretty close together. Charlotte was star in that one.

6 Daisy { 04.14.13 at 12:54 pm }

She seems nice enough but I don’t usually find her funny. It was embarrassing to watch her on QI. She was out of her league. She’s probably a good personality if she doesn’t try too hard.

7 A.P { 04.14.13 at 1:00 pm }

Thanks Georgie, this was about the same time I discovered RR by googling in “comments about Deni Hines”, I do remember this now.
Rereading those old comments again, they sound eerily similar to the comments on the MKR posts, seems nothing has changed.

8 brain dead dave { 04.14.13 at 1:01 pm }

Crap show. Crap judges . Crap contestants. Crap host. Crap viewing.

9 Daisy { 04.14.13 at 1:30 pm }

Can’t watch either BDD. Just can’t watch.

10 Dr T { 04.14.13 at 3:21 pm }

Looks like she’ll be doing a bit more “sit down”… All Bran getting their monies worth…

11 Daisy { 04.14.13 at 3:59 pm }

Ha Ha Dr T. Stand up! Sit down! Took me a second.

12 Christina { 04.15.13 at 8:38 am }

Great choice – and good on her. Great to see another female in a main hosting role.

Am surprised about Heidi though, as I thought she had lots of experience and did quite well on Project Runway? Although I guess AGT is a lot more intense with more impromtu parts and less rehearsal.

13 Georgie { 05.06.13 at 10:01 am }

Now that the MelB controversy is past and Geri has filled the last judge’s seat, Ch9 are advertising AGT as ‘coming soon’. I guess it won’t start until after The Voice, in the interests of viewer sanity. I anticipate some friction between Dawn and Kyle which would be more entertaining than the contestants I think.

14 Littepetal { 05.06.13 at 10:45 am }

What about the friction between Kyle and Geri. I read that
Sandilands admited he told Australia’s Got Talent producers he didn’t want Geri Halliwell as a co-judge because last time they spoke, 10 years ago, she hung up on him.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/its-on-with-show-20130504-2j001.html#ixzz2ST82zhvY

15 Georgie { 05.06.13 at 10:52 am }

Maybe Geri and Dawn will gang up on him Littlepetal. Can’t wait.