Ajay Rochester Talks About Her Battle With Her Weight

Ajay Rochester revealed yesterday that she is again battling with her weight and thinks it is killing her.

The former The Biggest Loser host is currently in the US and is having a hard time not going into the fast food chains. Like her idol Oprah she has had a up and down battle with her weight for decades.

She told Daily Telegraph (via an interview on the Kyle and Jackie show) about her struggle:

The one-time host ofΒ The Biggest Loser-turned-diet guru admitted today she has gained one kilo a week for the past 48 weeks thanks to daily trips to fast food restaurants in LA where she is now based.

Describing herself as “disgusting”, Rochester – a mainstay of women’s magazines who regularly feature photos of the ballooning former TV host – even details her daily diet of pancakes, bacon and hamburgers.

“To be really blunt I can eat a whole heap of crap in one day,” Rochester told 2Day FM.

“There is this place here called Norms.

“Norms’ is called ‘Norms: Bigger Better Breakfast’.

“So it’s breakfast for 3 people. Two pancakes, big plate sized pancakes, three bacon strips, a plate sized hash brown, a plate, I’m not talking the little Macca’s ones, two eggs, two sausages.

So I’ll eat that. Then I just lie down all day because I can’t move because my arteries are so clogged.

“And then I drive past ‘Karl’s’ and get a burger and fries. I’m laughing about it. But it’s really serious because I am eating myself to death.”

Interestingly she also reveals that even after winning Excess Baggage she was still too big for her skinny jeans.

The SMH article on Ajay also has comments from a psychologist talking about the obesity cycle.

Ajay’s latest reality TV show is Beverly Hills Canine Country Club (Source: Splash Online)

1 brain dead dave { 04.18.13 at 10:30 am }

Hash browns an’ bacon strips,
I love the way that you lick your lips,
No fooling, I can see you drooling,
Feel the hunger grow…

Motorhead ~Eat The Rich

2 Georgie { 04.18.13 at 10:38 am }

My partner says you can eat absolutely anything you want provided you do enough exercise to use it. So hit the road Ajay and keep jogging all day and all night. You can still stop in for the big brekkie, lunch and dinner on the way – just don’t stop jogging.

3 Techhater { 04.18.13 at 10:42 am }

CulinaryBoner. Beware RR is trying to lure u to the Dark Side with this post.
“Use the Horn, CB. Use the Horn…”
“May the Horn be with you.”:-)

4 Stacey { 04.18.13 at 10:44 am }

Georgie- that’s not true for everyone. For the thousand of calories someone like AJ eats they would have to be sprinting at 100kmph everywhere they go and getting colonics every other day. That’s not to mention how slow their metabolisms would be by that point. Plus exercising doesn’t result in weight loss when you’re eating so much, it tries to turn into muscle, in which case you end up looking like Arnold Schwartsfucker. Lol.

I have to commend AJ on being honest though. Heavily overweight people almost never admit just how much they really do eat. There’s always some excuse.

5 A.P { 04.18.13 at 10:48 am }

She just needs to learn to control herself when she goes into the fast food chains.
For example, I called into Maccas this morning and just had an english muffin and a coffee, ignoring the bacon and egg rolls, burgers, thickshakes etc.
Its tempting sometimes but its possible to go in one of those eateries and not pig out, that’s what she needs to do.

6 Littlepetal { 04.18.13 at 10:58 am }

Ajay does have a problem but she is also doing all these to get media attention. Why don’t she seek psychological help? Telling it to the media is not going to solve her problems.

7 Georgie { 04.18.13 at 10:59 am }

I agree Stacey, my partner’s words were ‘tongue in cheek’. I was really making the point that the amount Ajay was eating, meant she would have to do an ‘impossible’ amount of exercise, so the only way she can lose weight is to modify her diet. Otherwise she’d need to be running 24/7 for the rest of her life.

8 mahlia { 04.18.13 at 11:00 am }

What littlepetal said

9 brain dead dave { 04.18.13 at 11:06 am }

It’s not clear from the article whether she’s paying for the food- or stealing it, either.

10 Georgie { 04.18.13 at 11:09 am }

She wouldn’t be getting it gratis for being a pin-up girl either bdd.

11 brain dead dave { 04.18.13 at 11:17 am }

She’s got two men fighting for her attention- “Norm” and “Karl”

12 Joseph Skyrim { 04.18.13 at 11:55 am }

I agree with Georgie’s partner @2. Anyone have that list Michael Phelps was chowing down on when he was in peak condition? Exactly right. It’s because -he- can handle it. If you can’t burn it off what you eat then you have to use self control. As my trainers liked to tell me, “you can’t out train a bad diet”. Unless you’re an olympic athlete I guess. πŸ˜›

Ahha I found it. It has pictures for RR to ogle at too… ;p

13 drb123 { 04.18.13 at 12:11 pm }

Potential storyline – Ajay lines up as contestant on US Biggest Loser. Her quest for fame knows no bounds

14 Georgie { 04.18.13 at 12:23 pm }

@Joseph – in a week my partner paddles a surf ski 40km, pushbikes 80km, jogs 10-12km, lifts weights and if I want company, comes with me when I take my walks.

Whenever I complain about feeling uncomfortable from over-indulgence and getting slack, he likes to remind me of how much I can eat if I want.

15 brain dead dave { 04.18.13 at 12:29 pm }

You didn’t tell us you were with Commando, Georgie.

16 Georgie { 04.18.13 at 12:39 pm }

Lol bdd, he’s an exercise addict.

17 Gabby { 04.18.13 at 1:27 pm }

I think she is probably looking for someone to sponsor her like Jenny Craig etc. Why else all the photos and interviews all of a sudden. We just don’t need to hear anymore, ”it was my bad childhood” stories that made me fat. I am so over people blaming their childhood for the way they have turned out today. Please do not get me wrong, I know a lot of people have had very tragic things happen to them when they were young, and I am in no way talking about these people, but there are so many that just jump on the band wagon these days.

18 A.P { 04.18.13 at 1:32 pm }

Couldn’t agree more Gabby, she always wants you to feel sorry for her instead of doing something about it.
All these back stories on The Voice, BL etc just go overboard.

19 Culinary Boner { 04.18.13 at 3:46 pm }

thanks for the concern Techhater but even dressed as Delta Goodrem, Ajay strangely produces no horner-riffic stirrings since I’ve now pledged myself to Karen Martini.

Combining two of Ajay’s favouritist things, Paula Deen gets her lady bits ready for some quality one-on-0ne time with Ajay:

20 Culinary Boner { 04.18.13 at 4:36 pm }

Geez Ajay, obviously since embracing your lesbian side you’ve not been looking closely at all that your favorite eatery, Norms, has to offer in terms of lusty, but healthy, eating:

21 W { 04.18.13 at 6:33 pm }

How on earth does she manage to stay in the States?
Wouldn’t there be Green Card issues etc?
And she wouldn’t be able to claim welfare benefits.
Puzzling.

22 Culinary Boner { 04.19.13 at 9:23 am }

If, as Ajay contends, “kissing burns calories”, just imagine what ‘going the growl’ does to ya weight loss program…

Must have a word to Mrs Boner tonight.