OPEN POST – My Kitchen Rules – Comeback Kitchen – Will Sophia and Ashlee Return?

Due to an unexpected death in my family, I am unsure whether I will be recapping tonight’s episode of My Kitchen’s Rules.

Obviously it is going to be a must discuss episode so talk about it on this thread, and if I manage to recap it I will drop it into this blog post.

My Kitchen Rules on tonight on SEVEN at 6.30pm.

1 Marie { 04.22.13 at 8:58 pm }

Sorry for your loss, all the best to you and your family. xxo

2 nanaliz { 04.22.13 at 8:59 pm }

Mixed feelings about tonight on a fairness level, but M&M’s dessert did look amazing and Colin sure must have taught them a lot in a short time.
J&E and D&S to win the pairings tomorrow night, I hope, with BB out please.

3 Morgan { 04.22.13 at 9:01 pm }

Not sure if Dan & Steph can beat Bondi Boys.

Jake & Elle will surely beat Mick & Matt, right?

4 Littlepetal { 04.22.13 at 9:03 pm }

So the rumour that Sam and Chris were in the final is now down the drain. You noticed each semi final is bet boys teams and a mixed team.

Final will be bet a boy team and a mixed team

5 daisy { 04.22.13 at 9:06 pm }

Hi guys, so who’s out?

Manado is beautiful. Staying at the Tasik Ria.

6 Littlepetal { 04.22.13 at 9:07 pm }

If Jake and Elle are in the final then unfortunately BB will be the other team. Judges pet. Did they make a chocolate cake? BS about never bake with chocolate

7 Anna { 04.22.13 at 9:12 pm }

Morgan hard to tell, if M&Ms beat Jake & Elle then a lot of people might tune out…

8 Anna { 04.22.13 at 9:19 pm }

Promo for tomorrow night:

Luke is looking at Scott & asks … 56 less 35 is… Confused look then says something that sounds like 24 LOL

9 A.P { 04.22.13 at 9:20 pm }

Pretty hard to judge a main meal next to a dessert, both looked good.
Glad D&S and J&E got through, good luck to them.

10 Littlepetal { 04.22.13 at 9:24 pm }

Anna, if one team gets 56 that is massive

11 Techhater { 04.22.13 at 9:29 pm }

Daisy C&S out. This time I really think they were robbed. L&S really shouldn’t have gone through.

AP I agree how can a main be judged against a dessert. Why are they not doing a 3 course meal. This “signature dish” is total BS.

12 layla { 04.22.13 at 9:32 pm }

I actually got home to catch the last 15 mins. Of course I am happy little Matty Moo went through! How amazing did his dessert look? But I got teary for Sam and Chris. Such beautiful, sweet guys representing the best state in Australia (no offence ;)) and to see them leave so suddenly still hit me, even though it was against my favourite team. You don’t realise how close you get to these contestants watching this show. Well me anyway. Maybe it’s because I’m a 23 year old female who has a lot of emotions running through her I don’t know! Haha.

Eughhh I knew Pete and Manu would favour the Bondi Boys. Well we all knew it. It was so obvious it was planned to have male team vs co sex team.

Calling it now, it’ll be Bondi vs Jake and Elle in the grand finale. Bondi Boys are winning this. I just know it.

But saying so, I was so sure that Braces and Tatts were going to win last night so anything could happen. Maybe in some miracle it’ll be Dan/Steph vs Jake/Elle but if the producers want a male team winning this year it’ll be Luke and Scott. Even though ch7 would get a bigger audience with Mick and Matt in the grand finale instead.

13 nanaliz { 04.22.13 at 9:35 pm }

Won’t the 2 losers tomorrow night then do a cook-off leaving 3 at end then get rid of one of those on Wed. night. or not!

14 layla { 04.22.13 at 9:36 pm }

Actually since it’s mixed vs male team the next two nights, maybe it’ll be male vs male in the grand finale or vice versa with mixed vs mixed. Hmmm. There’s a thought. 😉

15 A.P { 04.22.13 at 9:38 pm }

I think a fairer way would be for both teams to cook exactly the same dish given to them by the judges and its then judged on who cooked it the best.

16 Techhater { 04.22.13 at 9:47 pm }

AP what would be really fair is if the producers and Pete and Manu actually played by the rules.

17 nanaliz { 04.22.13 at 9:50 pm }

It really is down to which teams would draw the biggest audience and I suspect, like many of us, many would turn off if BB in final on Sunday. Well I am hoping that is way producers see it.

18 A.P { 04.22.13 at 9:50 pm }

So true!

19 Littlepetal { 04.22.13 at 10:07 pm }

They can’t change who the final 2 teams are as they have already finish filming.

M&M both started their radio career. My guess is that they didn’t win.

BB been invited to many events-must be one of the final 2.

20 layla { 04.22.13 at 10:08 pm }

I wrote a little message to Sam and Chris on instagram before. I hope they read it. :(

21 nanaliz { 04.22.13 at 10:08 pm }

P&M playing by the rules – not unless it suited ratings.
I would like to think that D&S and J&E in GF as seem to be most popular on FB and here. Don’t forget they need people to come back for next years show and leaving people with a rigged feeling would not help their cause. I am feeling very cynical tonight, sorry ’bout that.

22 layla { 04.22.13 at 10:13 pm }

Littlepetal what do you mean by this sentence?:

“Did you notice that the judges comments when tasting the dish were not air now? They have taken about our suggestion.”

23 layla { 04.22.13 at 10:19 pm }

CB@192 OMG LMAO!!!!

24 daisy { 04.22.13 at 10:22 pm }

Sam and Chris……boo hoo.
Night all.

25 Littlepetal { 04.22.13 at 10:24 pm }

Sorry layla . I meant taken on board our suggestion. The judges just taste the food but didn’t say anything. Only when they were revealing their scores did they give their critiques.

We still have 2 Qld teams left. Unfortunately we can’t have 2 Qld teams in the final

26 layla { 04.22.13 at 10:31 pm }

Ah thanks LP, and thats how it should be every episode.

They had a SA vs SA grand finale last year so who’s to say it won’t happen again.

It comes down to this for me:

Who I want to win = Mick and Matt
Who should win = Jake and Elle or Dan and Steph
Who will win = Bondi Boys

27 Littlepetal { 04.22.13 at 10:35 pm }

Oops I forgot last year both teams were from SA. Agree that Jake and Elle or Dan and Steph should win.

28 Anna { 04.22.13 at 10:38 pm }

Littlepetal, NO Luke was trying to work out baking time… 56-35= confused face

29 Littlepetal { 04.22.13 at 10:41 pm }

Ha ha. PTs poor in maths

30 nanaliz { 04.22.13 at 10:43 pm }

Perhaps he will overcook something then. Fingers X’ed

31 layla { 04.22.13 at 10:52 pm }

Listening to Matt on the radio with Hobart FM crew and they were doing a segment where he was trying to score something for free being a “celebrity” due to his time on MKR. The girl’s reaction was pretty funny.

32 Techhater { 04.22.13 at 10:55 pm }

Nanaliz overcooked, undercooked, too many elements, bland or another boring salad. Would it really make any difference. My hope is J&E or D&S. Noone else deserving. Although credit where credit’s due M&M do seem to have learnt alot from Colin.

33 Veronica { 04.22.13 at 11:48 pm }

What difference does it make what state contestants come from? I have lived in NSW all my life and yet I would like to see J&E or D&S win. But of course, I do like mango with seafood!

34 nanaliz { 04.23.13 at 7:58 am }
35 Gabby { 04.23.13 at 10:27 am }

AP I agree with you on both counts. How can you compare a cake and beef cheeks? They said both were beautifully made. I am a dessert person, so of course I would pick the cake hands down. If I could I would have desserts for my three meals a day every day. It may have come down to that with some of the judges, not the execution of the dish! Definitely not a fair way of deciding a winner.
I agree they should be made to cook the exact same dish so the judges can compare who made it the best.

36 Daze { 08.27.13 at 10:33 am }

And just when we thought we saw the end of her, Sophia is back to grace us with her talents on Dancing with the Stars.