LIVE BLOG: My Kitchen Rules Finale – And A Queensland Team Wins!

Chat here about the My Kitchen Rules finale between Dan and Steph and Elle and Jake.

They don’t know who wins as there has been two endings filmed.

May the best cook win.

After a brief montage the teams both welled up in tears about what being in the final meant to them. Jake and Elle thought it was going to transform their lives. Interesting that they come from a well to do family and Jake never had orthodontics. Not that there is anything wrong with his looks just interesting that is all.

Speaking of looks Dan looks like Uncle Fester and he talked about his dream of a gourmet sausage shop, unfortunately his sausages have not been that fabulous in the competition. But good luck maybe they will be better with no time pressures.

Tonight they have to cook a five course meal.

Dan and Steph in the restaurant Decadence are making scallop cerviche for first course, squab with Chestnuts and Redcurrent Sauce for second course, third course was deconstructed fish and chips and this was turned into a flathead sausage and fourth course is Lamb Roulade with Smoked Carrots and Mint Pesto, and desert is Chocoate Peppermint Delice.

Jake and Elle in their restaurant Costa Del Sol were cooking for first course is Wagyu Beef Capaccio, second course is Quail with Figs and Gorgonzola Sauce, third course is Rock Lobster with Semolina Wafer Stack, fourth course is Confit Duck with Artichoke Puree and Balsamic Sauce and Dessert is Strawberry and Amaretto Semifreddo.

Who do you think has the best menu?

Judgement time – Guy said stunning presentation and it lived up to his expectation. Colin said great dish loved the  avocado puree and said the scallops are the star of the dish.

And Jessie or Biswa capsicum aversion continues….

Jake and Elle’s wagy dish also was got great reviews. Liz thought the presentation was sexy, and Karen and Liz both said they wanted more, but there was still more on their plate!

Dan and Steph were sous vide the squab.

The Bondi Boys were nodding their heads in approval it is a wonder they didn’t have placards to hold up stating the nutritional values of the dishes.

Jake and Elle thought their quail was a disaster as they had not plated properly they had wanted to cut it up but did not have time and it looked like half a cane toad laying on a plate.

Judges loved the squab – Liz thought the squab breast waa incredible. The red current sauce got rave reviews.

Pete said the quail was cooked perfectly. No word on the presentation. Again Karen Martini looked like she was about to get the giggles.

In the making of the third course Elle who had been keeping it together cracked and started getting teary as she was plating up. Jake who was making the semolina wafers did not have enough dough for three each so they only had two on each plate. She did managed to pull herself together to make lemo foam in under one minute.

Jessie thought the lobster was over cooked, but the judges thought it was cooked just fine. But since it is the grand final they have to ensure

Dan said the sausage was a bit dry, but Liz liked the deconstructed tartare sauce.

It is the fourth course and Jake and Elle are debating whether the confit of duck should be put back in the oven.

Dan had carriage over the lamb roulade and smoking the carrots. Really not sure what the point of smoking carrots is. Steph was working on the dessert.

Both courses looked great. Colin loved the smokey carrot and the technique shown on the plate. Guy loved that the lamb was falling apart.

The confit may have looked good but it was too dry. Jake and Elle are not looking like they are in a good position.

Steph and Dan’s Peppermint Delight looked fantastic, even though Dan was struggling with cutting the fondant. Unfortunately the fondant had to go on the bottom not in the middle of the two chocolate layers. Though Steph thought it looked absolutely perfect.

Elle was telling Jake to move faster. They were making Strawberry and Amaretto Semi-Freddo with crostoli. Again they were struggling with time. The crostoli looked too thin and it looked like a huge serve of semi-freddo.

Manu was loving the semi-freddo however Guy Grossi thought it was too sweet.

Liz loved the presentation of the Chocolate Peppermint Delight. Guy thought it was spectacular.

The scores are for Jake and Elle – Karen scored 8, Colin scored an 8, Guy scored 9, Liz scored 9, Pete scored a 9, and Manu scored 9 for a total of 52.

Dan and Steph scores were – Karen scored a 9, Guy scored a 9, Liz scored a 9, Colin scored a 9, Pete scored a nine, and Manu scored a nine.

Dan and Steph are the winners of My Kitchen Rules with a total of 54 out of 60 and yes there were tears.

What gets me if they are filming two endings as they do I am impressed the tears came on cue. They said they can get their family now.

1 layla { 04.30.13 at 12:27 pm }

Cause CB if you saw my brother who is a die hard fan you’d go “BOGAN”. He looks like he’s from the 80’s. Haha.

I’m thinking War Pigs will be their encore. 😉

CAN NOT WAIT. I’ll be a fish out of water at a concert like this but bring it on. I live and breathe this music.

2 Culinary Boner { 04.30.13 at 12:29 pm }

Wow daisy.
Will discuss developing these talents with Mrs Boner tonight.
Won’t waste my time with Karen, though.
Just getting Kaz into apple turnover position (the one Roy and HG used to call the ‘battered sav’ when they were calling the men’s gymnastics in 2000) will be enough of a logistical challenge in its own right.

3 Culinary Boner { 04.30.13 at 12:57 pm }

Hey, layla your Bro-gan doesn’t look like this does he?

Enjoy the concert. Wish I’d been organised enough to get tickets.

4 layla { 04.30.13 at 1:01 pm }

….No mullet, just yet. But the Megadeth tee is spot on.

5 LillyMe { 04.30.13 at 1:37 pm }

Good afternoon all…
Wow what a read, Feels like im reading a horror novel but SHIT its real life.
I’m quite impressed and horrified by some of the responses on RR, So where do I start??!
Kristen 172: Do you have children, Have u been through IVF, Do u know anyone that has? How can u state that IVF doesn’t work?

Layla 173: Yes I agree with ya that Dan n Steph make a good team, they don’t fight, their always talking to each other, talking through things as they work together. That’s what makes someone a WINNER when they work like that!

Stacey 174: I agree, I think that what they are going to spend their money on that they have won is fantastic! If it’s something they really want and know it will make them happy in the long run; then go for it I say…

BakerBoy 201: I agree with ya that they cooked the best!! Dan n Steph A+ great stuff!

Ana 263: Geez u don’t seem to be a happy chappie, what’s wrong with ya? So sorry u feel that way… *tears*

A.P: 273 Agreed xo

Layla 276: I don’t know if u we’re being a smart ass with ur comment or what, hard to read on computers….But I believe A.P has a heart of gold, Reading her comments, she’s just telling u all how it is and her views, like u and everyone else on this site, I think its only fair, don’t u?

Looseends 227: YES I believe IVF is a VERY emotional thing for the female to go through, their partners included!!

Kristen 302: Don’t u have any shame in calling ppl “bogans” (I guess not!) Geez u must have a sad life and get pleasure from making ppl around u lil…Well done *claps* u deserve a “bogan” medal for using it as much as u do. U should b so proud! *pats ya on the back n walks away*

6 ThillyMe { 04.30.13 at 2:20 pm }

So glad you could stop by and sort all this out by giving us YOUR opinion LillyMe. I can’t image how I would have slept tonight otherwise.

7 Kristen { 04.30.13 at 2:39 pm }

Lilyme – I have NEVER said IVF doesn’t work get your facts right. I said any Dr. will tell being morbidly obese reduces ones chances of having a child and increases the chances of cancer and yes I am a recently retired Medico (after my husband passed away) Why are you all so t precious I simply thought the description of a bogan that was left was enlightening and funny. I thought about it and thought – yes that is all true. – up till then I wasn’t evensure what a bogan was. Re-read I said am I a bogan. No I don’t go around using this term,however I now believe some of you are bogans,some have reverse snobbery and some are very funny. Some are just toooo precious.(A.P) for instance. Glad the show is over I learnt a lot.

8 Kristen { 04.30.13 at 2:49 pm }

Annonymous #340 You are very rude and cant take what you dish out. You have a potty mouth. No I don’t take prescribed drugs and drink very rarely (except water) I said you play the cards you are dealt in life or you fold. I don’t fold.. One thinks you protest too much.

9 brain dead dave { 04.30.13 at 3:12 pm }

Spoiler for some. Sabbath fans are rock snobs ~ not bogans.

Here’s the current Black Sabbath setlist.Encore as per usual.

War Pigs
Into the Void
Under the Sun
Snowblind
Electric Funeral
Black Sabbath
Behind the Wall of Sleep
(Ended with Geezer Butler bass solo)
N.I.B.
Dirty Women
Children of the Grave
Encore:
Paranoid

10 Culinary Boner { 04.30.13 at 3:17 pm }

Wow, bdd.
The first 2 have my favourite Tony Iommi riffs.
Again kicking myself for missing this.

11 layla { 04.30.13 at 3:22 pm }

Kristen do you know Dan and Steph personally do you? You seem to be aware of what the doctors have been telling them regarding their infertility issues.

LillyMe@355 My comment @276 was directed towards Anna, not A.P. Check again.

12 layla { 04.30.13 at 3:33 pm }

I don’t think Sabbath are a bogan band. I just think some of their fans are.

13 Littlepetal { 04.30.13 at 3:34 pm }

Article about how Dan and Steph will be spending some of money:

14 A.P { 04.30.13 at 3:36 pm }

Thanks Layla, there were so many comments @355 probably misunderstood.
I value your support.

15 brain dead dave { 04.30.13 at 3:50 pm }

Who does know Porky and Staph here, personally? Hmmm?

People aren’t obliged to embrace the IVF “dream”, the lack of hygiene in the kitchen and the ingratiating blubfests for any IVF Nazis..

16 A.P { 04.30.13 at 4:57 pm }

No, BDD, if you are referring to me, I don’t know them,I just think they are nice people who won fair and square.

17 brain dead dave { 04.30.13 at 5:57 pm }

Not referring to you at all. Don’t flatter yourself.

I gave up after “Thou Shalt Not Mention Cherry Cola” if I hadn’t after “You’re Golo i We$olo”

18 Liberty { 04.30.13 at 6:15 pm }

They deserved to win based on what they cooked. Having to listen to all the IVF stuff, was a pain in the ass! I figure that both teams have some sort of help with their menus and don’t for a second believe they concocted both themselves.

Many people have fertility problems, I certainly don’t hold it against them what pissed me off was the endless, “our lives can’t go on till we have a sausage shop and our own little sausage”. We can’t do it unless we win. Well D+S, you find a way or you work a second job! What was your dream prior to MKR? You don’t throw your arms up in the air declaring it’s all over before the final begins to potentially gain judge and public sympathy.

Really enjoyed all the comments here on RR through this endless season. Hope to read all your posts on Masterchef thread soon.

19 Samiiluvbugg { 04.30.13 at 6:16 pm }

Hi everyone =D I’m BACK =’) after weeks lol or maybe months haha
Anyways……
Jesus….Coming back to this and reading some of the comments is like being in World War 3!! Man and here I wanted to express my thoughts and my happiness towards the lovely couple in Hervey Bay for WINNING MKR. But I don’t think I want to =/ Screw it, Ill comment…Everyone else can right? =)

I feel sorry for a few ppl on here such as A.P, LillyMe and kinda Layla!
Man I would HATE to be a family member/friend or work mate of Dan and Steph’s and to come on here and read all this SHIT!!
Don’t get me wrong, some are nice and passable comments, but the others are really disapproving and full of shame! Talking about them being fat, Being bogans, no hygiene and going for IVF! Like seriously guys does it REALLY matter about all of this? Or u guys really that bored, mean and rude u have to say such horrible stuff about a lovely couple, that want to open a business and start a family?
They won, who cares what their going to do with the money, they played hard and cooked well, so they deserve to win and they have!! So let’s give them a BREAK and b happy for them and wish them the best….and lets get back onto the RIGHT TOPIC?! Cheers =)

CONGRATS TO THE HERVEY BAY couple Dan & Steph, U guys rule, well done <3

20 daisy { 04.30.13 at 6:23 pm }

Luvbug, I hope you are wearing your camouflage greens and war helmet. Welcome to the trenches. ^_^.

21 LillyMe { 04.30.13 at 6:24 pm }

ThillyMe 356: Poor u, u ok, can I voice my opinion like everyone else- tissue?

Kristen 357: No you’re wrong, it doesn’t matter how fat you are, you can still fall pregnant!! Its what’s wrong with ur insides that matters, Some women are born with problems and some gain problems that u cant even fix or help when ur wanting a family like Dan n Steph! Being fat has nothing to do about falling pregnant, I know plenty of women that are fat and fall pregnant fine!!
I think u have small issues and u call urself an ex ‘medico’ well im an ex ‘Dr’.

Layla 361: I don’t have to check anything, I write to express myself like all of you!! I state this to everyone who has anything wrong or bad to say.
But ur right and on the right track about stating this:-
‘Kristen do you know Dan and Steph personally do you? You seem to be aware of what the doctors have been telling them regarding their infertility issues’.
Great point *high five* we’re getting somewhere.

22 ThillyMe { 04.30.13 at 6:28 pm }

Morning has broken, like the first morning.
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning.
Born of the one light Eden saw play.
Praise with elation, praise every morning;
God’s recreation of the new day.

23 A.P { 04.30.13 at 6:31 pm }

@367, I wasn’t flattering myself BDD, I just thought I was the obvious choice living in Hervey Bay, my mistake.
I already apologised for the Golo thing, I wasn’t the only one who thought you were.
The cherry cola thing was just done to death that’s all.

24 Samiiluvbugg { 04.30.13 at 6:33 pm }

Daisy #370 Haha woman!! Hru? Geez its been awhile haha, Yeah before I came n read this I wore a helmet and had a gun ready lol

Btw, I wanna say a BIG Thank-you for the lovely gift =) That’s so wonderful of u <3 xo

25 brain dead dave { 04.30.13 at 6:35 pm }

They’re fat , they’re bogans, no hygeine and they ran an IVF sobstory. It is what it is and damn the thought police doing the rounds here.

Thilly Me~ you know plenty of fat pregnant women. So what.

Obesity is a major cause of male infertility. That’s a fact` regardless of how many fat fathers you might know or what you know about “ur insides”.

26 LillyMe { 04.30.13 at 6:41 pm }

BDD:375 Just give it a rest plz, ive come on here to read and listen to the nice and good things ppl like about MKR and Dan n Steph, Damn guys, just give it a rest and move on, im SICK to death of reading all this rude and hush stuff! Its making me NOT want to stay on this site!!
If u have nothing nice to say, don’t say it at all plz…
Thilly Me~ you know plenty of fat pregnant women. So what.
Don’t u mean LillyMe? Blahahaha shame!!

27 brain dead dave { 04.30.13 at 6:41 pm }

Sorry, Thilly Me , I meant the redeck Lillyme at # 371.

28 ThillyMe { 04.30.13 at 6:45 pm }

That would be LillyMe who knows all the fat pregnant women. I thought ALL pregnant women got fat eventually.

29 Chrissy's neon mic stand { 04.30.13 at 6:48 pm }

An equation:
Samiilovebug = Passive Aggression x Insufferable Bully

30 brain dead dave { 04.30.13 at 6:48 pm }

The edit function on here isn’t working,if you want to make some mileage from that , LillyMe, with your “hush” stuff….you knock yourself out.

31 Samiiluvbugg { 04.30.13 at 6:48 pm }

Yo, im back haha lets put some excitement back into this hey, let’s just say congrats and move on hey?!
LillyMe, Your so open minded and straight to the point I luv it! But most of the ppl on here can b rude n whatever but ur right we can all have our own opinions =/
Ect:- like BDD his the BIG boy haha or KING
But I think we’ve all stated enough now and said what’s on our minds, Maybe we should all move on hey? =)
Btw im a NEW bird/old one now haha haven’t been on for months but WELCOME girl =’)
Stick to A.P, Daisy and maybe Layla their the nice ones here they’re show ya the ropes =)

32 Kristen { 04.30.13 at 6:48 pm }

No Layla I don’t know Fat Dan and Fat Steph personally. However I can tell you with certainty that any Dr worth his salt would be telling them their chances of becoming pregnant would improve considerably if they could manage to loose weight. A Dr. has only recently been sued for not telling an obese patient to lose weight – the fat patient then developed cancer and blamed the Dr. Unfortunately the patient won $500K but died anyway. Drs wont be risking this for sure. Did you notice when fat Dan and Fat Steph hugged – they couldn’t even bring their bodies together. I don’t think they have much chance however I wish them well.

33 LillyMe { 04.30.13 at 6:52 pm }

BDD, Im a redneck now?! Wow how lovely of u to state lol
ThillyMe, Shit I might get fat too, oh wait, maybe I already am haha no wonder y I haven’t had children *thinking*
Samiiluvbugg, Sorry and thanks, some ppl just really know how to shit stir me!! Argg.

34 Samiiluvbugg { 04.30.13 at 7:01 pm }

Daisy and A.P have left me =(
Im off again guys dno when ill b back on, But i have to say, this RR site has gone, NUTS not nice or sticking to their topics anymore, what ashame, ill tell my family n friends to stay off this site!
Emma im sorry, but if u cant sort out something im off >_< New ppl like LillyMe and old ppl like A.P shouldnt have to put up with this, im off, Daisy email me when its safe to come back on.
LillyMe weclome and mayb u might still b here one day when/if i come back!
A.P best of luck with everything, thanks for showing me the ropes =)
Tc guys xo

35 daisy { 04.30.13 at 7:05 pm }

Sammi, I think I’ll just smoke a joint, wear a peace sign and strollout into the cross fire. I have lost of who is fighting who, or is that whom. Even the grammar Nazis willbe out for the kill today. If I don’tmake it backman, tellmy wife and kids I love them, and you can keep my weed.

36 daisy { 04.30.13 at 7:10 pm }

Luvbug don’t go. I need you to drive the red cross ambulance.

37 brain dead dave { 04.30.13 at 7:10 pm }

If you think being fat has nothing to do with falling pregnant, Lilly Me , you’ve got to be a redneck. There’s no sugar coating it.

38 LillyMe { 04.30.13 at 7:16 pm }

BDD 387: Geez ur a lovely man, i bet ur wife or gf would b so proud in u and what u say to n about ppl! Mayb u should just roll ova n die, due to what ur name states u as.

I dno how this Reality Ravings works, but i cant believe ppl like u are still on this.
Samiiluvbugg, i didnt mean to make ya leave!! Daisy 385-386 do u know Samiiluvbugg (geez thats a long name!) if she’s family or whatever to u, tell her im sorry n sorry to u too.

39 daisy { 04.30.13 at 7:26 pm }

Lily, I have only met her here,but will pass it on. She is pretty laid back so I don’think you need to worry.

Am I being boring if I like BDD, AP, Gabby, Kristen, and all.

40 daisy { 04.30.13 at 7:32 pm }

Lilyme, what are you sorry to me for? Hugggh! Never mind it must’ve gone over my head. LOL. Thick skin or just a thick head…that’s me.

41 Kristen { 04.30.13 at 7:33 pm }

Kristen
BDD- I have enjoyed your posts and the others who are honest and funny. However I am being brow beaten by all the bogans who appear to want to proselytize me – for some reason. A.P. started it .
What a holy roller. She wants to know if Pops was a millionaire. boasts about her daughter being a journalist. Thinks her son should have sympathy because he and his wife cant become pregnant. Also wants to tell us how nice NZ an Hawaii are. Oh and is also a fan of Days of our lives. I feel sorry for her actually- She is stuck in Harvey Bay playing the I am a nice person card and anyone who does not agree with me is – nasty- horrible and not nice ..Better things to do Bye to all the bogans. I hit a nerve obviously with the fat son.

42 daisy { 04.30.13 at 7:42 pm }

Now I’m really sad and disappointed. In the end I lost track of who was fihhting who and what the hell we were fighting about.

43 bullyme { 04.30.13 at 7:53 pm }

Does anyone else feel that some people have been bullied from the site. Shame on us. We made a big noise when it happened to Estelle and now we see people being isolated or driven out for their opinion.

44 brain dead dave { 04.30.13 at 7:57 pm }

I see the game for what it is,Kristen.

There is an attempt to censor anyone , who for whatever reason~
*denies the IVF ‘dream”
*mentions the elephant in the room ~obesity.
*questions the fatties’ tilt to blackmail Australia with blubbing and whimpering.
*raise season long hygiene issues.

The brow beating and moralising has gone from “you shouldn’t say that” to “you shouldn’t be here”.

I by and large agreed with your initial post a @172, Kristen and knew this was coming if I nailed my colours to any kind of dissenting mast.

I feel that Anna unfairly got a bollocking ,too. I think you both suffered for making your points a little too colourfuly or flamboyantly.ie

“Thou shalt not mock the IVF fatties”

I much rather prefer to read these kinds of posts than the drab offerings of the moralisers and stick carriers .ie the really offensive stuff.

45 A.P { 04.30.13 at 8:05 pm }

Thanks Kristen. I’ve said nothing to you all day, I think I’ve been polite to BDD too.
But you have decided everything I have said in the past has been boring or bragging, no one else here does that do they?

Anyway obviously I’m not wanted here any more, so its been nice knowing most of you, its been fun, I’ve enjoyed getting to know you, my life is too boring and of no interest to some of you so its all been a waste of time really.
Bye.

46 LillyMe { 04.30.13 at 8:06 pm }

daisy 389-390: Thanks so much, i dno why im saying sorry for, im kinda new here, live ive always read stories n shit, but i never really said anything, till now, coz i only just got taught!
I didnt realise how bad Reality Ravings is, I wasnt warned. Bullying is so wrong on so many levels! and to come on here n c adults do it, kinda is scary. I was only pointing my views n trying to get them across like everyone else. I guess this is more serious then i thought.

47 Dylan from the Magic Roundabout { 04.30.13 at 8:15 pm }

Hey gice,
How ’bout we stop fighting and smoke more carrots…

48 Reality Raver { 04.30.13 at 8:20 pm }

I’m closing this thread, My Kitchen Rules is over it is time to move on. Seriously we are all adults this slinging back and forward is really starting to get on my nerves. Just about after every finale there is a stoush on this site. People are going to have different opinions on issues at that is fine, people are going to like different contestants and that is fine but don’t start attacking each other.
Think of this site as the work christmas party talk to the people you do like and ignore the ones you don’t.
Now onward to Celeb Apprentice and Masterchef etc.

49 Littlepetal { 04.30.13 at 8:21 pm }

A.P. Please don’t go. You can say what you like. Some times what we say may offend some people and what people say may offend us. Its best not to take those comments to heart. Think about the other bloggers that you like and continue to posts.

50 Emily { 04.30.13 at 8:24 pm }

There needs to be better moderation on this site. Banning brain dead dave would be a great start.