Interview With Special Agent Phillip Shepherd From Survivor Caramoan

On the days you get to interview someone like Special Agent Phillip Shepherd from Survivor is a day when being a Reality TV blogger is pretty cool.

Special Agent Phillip has been a controversial and memorable contestant on two seasons of Survivor. The first time he went to the final three alongside Boston Rob, however this time he was in just as strong position controlling an alliance but a freak tribal council where Malcolm’s alpha male alliance all had immunity idols and Phillip was the person from the big alliance to be voted out.

Phillip in person did come across as intelligent and focussed we discussed strategy, Brandon and his Special Agent S

1 Carole { 05.01.13 at 8:46 am }

Interesting interview. Most people in their everyday life are not like they are on Survivor. They are playing a game to win money, plus are away from their comforts of home and family and friends.

2 Izobel2 { 05.01.13 at 9:42 am }

Absolutely no time to read this now but thoroughly looking forward to a hot chocolate after lunch and a good read! Thanks RR.

3 fiona { 05.01.13 at 9:47 am }

@ Carole and they act up for the cameras, Phillip is just a camera whore. So happy that he is gone. Now i can enjoy the rest of the season.

4 Techhater { 05.01.13 at 9:47 am }

RR best interview yet. Who would have thought Phillip knew Shakespeare, Hamlet no less. I’m impressed. But I still think there’s something creepy about him.

5 PollyB { 05.01.13 at 11:06 am }

RR, I have to say I have never heard anyone in Australia say ‘you hoist yourself on your own petard’. More like’ You made your own bed…’, ‘You lay down with dogs….’. Those within the circles in which you move must have a far greater grasp on the formal ‘Queen’s’ than anyone I’ve ever encountered.

6 Reality Raver { 05.01.13 at 11:15 am }

Polly B – I worked in politics so maybe it was an expression used a lot there.

7 daisy { 05.01.13 at 12:37 pm }

OMG RR. What a good interview.
I amso puzzled because Phillip seems intelligent and articulate, not crazy like his TV persona. Good job to both of you, and thanks.

8 Culinary Boner { 05.01.13 at 12:44 pm }

Continuing the BOGAN theme that got everyone into such a tizz yesterday that I had to masquerade as Dylan the Stoner Rabbit from the Magic Roundabout, I humbly suggest that the ridgy-didge bogan version of this expression would be:
“Hosed by your own retard”.

9 daisy { 05.01.13 at 12:55 pm }

Thanks for the rabbit yesterday CB.

10 Culinary Boner { 05.01.13 at 1:40 pm }

‘s okay daisy
Next time this site goes into mass meltdowns it’ll be Captain Pugwash to sort out the mess -http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/12/12/047f56ab-9e96-4ebf-9b26-8ca27f8eea27.jpg

Ooops…
That’s better.

Where’s bdd, A.P. and the rest?

11 Techhater { 05.01.13 at 1:57 pm }

CB yes i’m missing AP as well.

About that rabbit and his smoking carrots. Would they be the same carrots Dan smoked for the finale. Might explain where the idea for a flathead sausage came from.

12 PollyB { 05.01.13 at 3:18 pm }

Oh for the days of Captain Pugwash, and Magic Roundabout. Don’t forget Puf’n Stuff. Puffin somethin’! I introduced nephews to the Puf’n Stuff movie when they were primary school age. I did explain that back in those days there was a type of drug that inspired the swirly, dreamy colours. Youngest nephew is now 14 and asked a couple months ago to watch it again!!
That was a bit off topic but I love those daggy shows we loved in the 70’s. Banana Splits anyone…

13 Culinary Boner { 05.01.13 at 3:37 pm }

Ah, some fun memories there PollyB.

The Banana Splits were the best – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtD4mn9CeH4

And who could forget Danger Island, which featured on the show:

My favourites on Puff’n’stuff were Witchiepoo*, Seymour Spider and Orson Vulture.

* I did at one stage have a girlfriend who looked like Witchiepoo, but thankfully she didn’t cackle…much.

14 PollyB { 05.01.13 at 4:34 pm }

CB, yes they were the good old days. Do you remember a cartoon, Chattanooga Cats? With Lamby – ‘it’s the wol-f, it’s the wol-f’. And Auto Cat & Motor Mouse. Oh, and Saturday mornings, George of the Jungle and Cool McCool, Cool McCool. And there was a Sssssssnake in there somewhere! I feel sorry for kid’s now, everything is so sophisticated in comparison.
Can anyone help with this cartoon – A little baby black duck or maybe a swan, he had swag on a stick and at the end of the show he always walked off muttering how no-one loved him, or cared about him. God, I’m going back over 40 years now. Aaaargh. Ooh, Kimba. I was always hiding a little tear at the end of Kimba. I loved Kimba

15 Culinary Boner { 05.01.13 at 5:06 pm }

Yep, PollyB I remember the Lamby one, Cool McCool and George of the Jungle. Because my brother was several years younger than me I also remember having to watch what I considered lame cartoons like Beanie & Cecil.

Apart from the guys in costumes shows like Puff’n’stuff and the Banana Splits, it was the Jap cartoons that most intrigued me as a kid – Gigantor, Astro Boy and in, mid 70s, Gazula.

I recall the ‘nobody loves me’ duck/bird but the memory bank fails on what it was called.

As a boy, I always hated Kimba and hoped the big sook would get eaten or something. Sorry. The other cartoon I had a love-hate relationship with was Arthur the King of Camelot which my parents would always say I should watch because it was made in Australia but that only enhanced its lameness in my mind.

16 Georgie { 05.01.13 at 5:12 pm }

Nothing lame about Beanie and Cecil…

R, I said R A, R A, R A G G, R A G G M O P P, RAGGMOPP. Yeah!

17 Techhater { 05.01.13 at 5:32 pm }

Loved HR and co, Banana Splits, but who can forget Lance Link Secret Chimp or Worzill Gummidge. When Daisy talks of her husband Woolif I have visions of her running and yelling “it’s the Woolif, it’s the Woolif.”

18 brain dead dave { 05.01.13 at 5:35 pm }

C’mon gice!

I thought RR said we were all adults here.

19 Techhater { 05.01.13 at 5:41 pm }

Dave been worried about you. Glad your ok.

20 Woolf { 05.01.13 at 5:45 pm }

It is the woolif TH.
It is the woolif.
So take care.

21 daisy { 05.01.13 at 5:45 pm }

CB@10 You have somany disguises. I never know which one is the real you. Add to that I’m such a sucker. LOL
Yeah, where are they? Maybe in the Red Cross took them to the infirmary.

22 daisy { 05.01.13 at 5:52 pm }

Polly & CB TC, Top Cat and his side kick Benny, Basil Brush, boom, boom. And for warm and Fuzzy , Lamb chop and Shari Lewis.
But for hillarity Love Boat reruns, for all the ridiculous candy-coated ( but not rubber coated) cabin hopping.

23 Woolf { 05.01.13 at 5:53 pm }

I liked Shintaro, about a Japanese samurai… Had worst lip synch ever.
Also loved Monkey another Japanese tv show based on Journey to the West, with Tripitaka, pigsty, etc… also terrible lip synch.

24 Woolf { 05.01.13 at 5:57 pm }

Oops meant pigsy, a very funny character who could do no right.
Damn autocorrect kept cha nagging it to pigsty.

25 daisy { 05.01.13 at 5:57 pm }

BDD glad you are back.
OK, Quiz: who said, “Exit. Stage right” ?
” Hey Cisco. Hey Poncho.” ?
“Indubitably”?

We loved Samurai as kids.

26 daisy { 05.01.13 at 6:03 pm }

Who did you want to date : Davey Jones.
Who did you wantbto be : either of the Gidgets; Sally field or Sandra Dee.
Role model: Patty Duke.

27 PollyB { 05.01.13 at 6:44 pm }

LMAO CB! Re being a boy and wanting Kimba to die cos he was a sook! Completely acceptable. I would complain about watching Sir Lancelot Link and Thunderbirds because they were my brother’s choice. And Daktari. And Astro Boy! But I never left the lounge when they were on. (Remember 1 TV households!). Yes TC and the gice, Gigantooooooooor too! Was that with Glib & Glob those ghosty space things? I loved them because of their language. Quick Draw, Magilla, Rocky & Bullwinkle. There was white rabbit, Rags? And Mr Peabody and brainiac little boy? God, what is stashed in the grey matter.
Was ‘Exit, stage right’, Snagglepuss?

28 daisy { 05.01.13 at 6:58 pm }

Bang on, Polly.
Oh McGoo! You’ve done it again.

Who didn’t love Popeye?

Name the super hero on steroids.

29 Techhater { 05.01.13 at 7:02 pm }

Woolf forgot about Shintaro best jumpers ever. My kids grew up with Monkey. I have the movie on video.

Daisy you and I are so much on the same wave length. Wanted to marry Davey Jones, be Sally Field’s Gidget and wished my twin was a girl so i could be Patty Duke.

Pollyb I an such a geek I have every Thunderbirds episode on video. F.A.B.

30 Woolf { 05.01.13 at 8:05 pm }

Crusader Rabbit was the first tv cartoon in WA.
Also used to watch The Mickey Mouse Club and had a crush on Annette Funicello … she died recently.
Who’s the leader of the club that’s made ……….

31 chasingvegas { 05.01.13 at 8:09 pm }

I’ll take the converstaion back to the title subject, shall i?

Phillip only made the final 3 in his last season due to Boston Rob taking him thru as he knew that not one person would vote for Phillips crazy ass in the final tribal. So no I don’t beleive that he did do that well on his own merits.

This season was much of he same, the favourites only keeping Phillip around again knowing that he wouldn’t get votes from any of the jury members. The favourites lost a prime opportunity when Brandon went loco & they were called to vote someone out on he spot at the challenge, right there they all should have voted Phillip out & kept Brandon in play.

The object of the game is to outwit, outplay & outlast, Phillip may outlast, but he will never outwit or outplay in the game of Surivior, others will outwit & outplay by keeping him in the game only to outlast him in the final tribal.

32 chasingvegas { 05.01.13 at 8:10 pm }

I’ll take the converstaion back to the title subject, shall i?

The object of the game is to outwit, outplay & outlast, Phillip may outlast, but he will never outwit or outplay in the game of Survivor, others will outwit & outplay by keeping him in the game only to outlast him in the final tribal.

33 daisy { 05.01.13 at 8:14 pm }

But Chasingvegas, maybe acting delusional is his strategy?
Although he sure was rubbish at challenges and his excuses and claims that he ‘suddenly decided’ mid challenge to throw it, were lame.

34 Techhater { 05.01.13 at 8:19 pm }

Chasingvegas have to agree with you there. Never liked Phillip 1st time and as I said earlier he just creeps me out. Was suprised to see that Eddie voted for Malcolm last tribal.

35 nanaliz { 05.01.13 at 8:52 pm }

Dad used to take me to a shop down the road so I could see mickey mouse club and I had MM ears.

36 JStar { 05.01.13 at 9:22 pm }

RR. Fantastic interview. Phillip has always been a character and I love how he embraces his reality-tv fame and goes out to cash in on it. (Ofcourse if he releases a sex tape in the next 18 months, I’ll take it all back). Have you read his novel? Is it like a John Grisham novel?

Whether or not Phillip was in fact controlling this alliance, we’ll all find out in the coming weeks. Would be interesting to know if people in his alliance actually thought Phillip was the chief OR they let him believe he was the chief. Regardless, he was instrumental in voting people off his tribe and in lots of respects, I felt he was more in charge of the decision making this time around as opposed to the first time he played the game.

37 Izobel2 { 05.01.13 at 9:41 pm }

Agree with u vegas & as always agree with u JStar Cochran!

As for cartoons, I have a fond knowledge of all the 80’s cartoons, but u guys r quoting stuff way before my time!

38 Techhater { 05.01.13 at 10:00 pm }

Izobel2 I said I was a bit of a geek. I have an extensive collection of cartoons from the late 20’s through to the 50’s. Now they’re before my time. Lol

39 daisy { 05.01.13 at 11:05 pm }

Nana with the mouse ears: ROFL.
TH I have v old Our Gang and Little Rascals
Izobel, you missed some goodies but at least you are still young and beautiful.