Reality TV Stars Dominate The Aussie Power Chefs List

The Sunday Telegraph put together a list of Aussie Power Chefs and it was no surprise that the ones that dominated were on reality shows.

The list is:

1. Neil Perry

2. Donna Hay

3. Matt Moran

4. Pete Evans and Manu Feildel

5. Justin Hemmes (Owner of The Merivale restaurants and hotels)

6. Julie Goodwin

7. Adriano Zumbo

8. Curtis Stone

9. Fink Family (Owners of Quay, The Bridge and Otto)

10. Luke Nguyen

11. Colin Fasnidge

12. Kylie Kwong

13. Maggie Beer

14. Matt Preston

15. Bill Granger

What do you think did The Telegraph get it right?

Also Good Food also did  a story on review celebrity chef products this includes Stefano Piero, Marion Grasby’s and Maggie Beer’s.

I tried Marion’s Thai Green Curry last week and I must say I was impressed, it was easy to use and quick and had great flavour.

What celebrity products have you tried?

Also as Kess pointed out in the comment the top 50 restaurants in the world were announced this week and Attica and Quay made the list both chefs from those establishments have been on Masterchef Australia. (Source: Eater)

1 LB { 05.08.13 at 4:22 pm }

Thanks Jeanette – could you provide links or names of studies so that I can have a look?

2 Jeanette { 05.08.13 at 4:37 pm }

LB. Give me a little time -I will. Have to collect the children and prepare for tonight at the moment. Yes, will be only happy to. I was surprised to read that some Sydney Drs also knew this -according to the rags. Who knows?Will have my son provide the links my computer is failing at the moment. But I will certainly try for you.

3 LB { 05.08.13 at 4:39 pm }

Thanks Jeanette – that would be great

4 Littlepetal { 05.08.13 at 5:47 pm }
5 Littlepetal { 05.08.13 at 5:48 pm }
6 Jeanette { 05.08.13 at 9:14 pm }

Thankyou, littlepetal for these articles. I found many such articles in my efforts to help my 26yr old daughter in he fight against cancer. She refused outright to have chemo under any circumstances which frightened me at the time. Ten years on she is thriving. I could not influence her, but thank God she chose the path she followed.

Still have not had time to look up any myself to pass on. Don’t feel that well at the moment. Maybe tomorrow, I hope, as I did say I would.

7 Littlepetal { 05.08.13 at 10:03 pm }

Unless we are face with the decision of chemo, we are not aware of the pro and con of chemotherapy. Most time we will take the advice of the oncologists and when firstly diagnosed, we will not have the right frame of mind to do the research and make a decision.

This is a decision a cancer patient has to make.

8 Culinary Boner { 05.10.13 at 12:35 pm }

Cancer rates vs age…

Survival rates…

The bottom line is that anecdote and personal experiences are no substitute for numerical analysis and weight of evidence when it comes to establishing the “facts”, as they stand at present.

Ignore the weight of evidence and you’ll end up believing climate change is not happening, fluoride in drinking water is killing people, immunisation does more harm than good and that watching reality TV makes people smarter.

If people don’t want the most expert medical interventions available, then that’s their choice. I just wish they’d stop trying to impose on others what I can only see as fear-driven ignorance.

Personally, I prefer to place my trust in the advice of people with highly functioning intellects who have spend years studying a problem. Give me an oncologist over a faith healer, vitamin merchant or anti-capitalist Big Pharma activist any day.

9 Anna { 05.10.13 at 1:24 pm }

Dave, had a look at the cover of NW and was afraid to open it LOL

She should not be wearing a bikini, nor should manufacturers be making anything that horrible

CB, rattling people again I see :-)

10 Culinary Boner { 05.10.13 at 1:38 pm }

Is Ajay in a bikini, again? Where can one see this? Are the pics ‘safe for work’?

11 Anna { 05.10.13 at 1:41 pm }

CB, that she is… laughing and wearing a tiny blue bikini on the cover of NW.

be warned she is taking up almost 3/4 of the page :-)

12 incense cone { 08.01.13 at 12:42 pm }

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective.
A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say that you’ve done a awesome job with this.
Additionally, the blog loads very fast for me on Safari.
Excellent Blog!

13 fat loss factor review { 11.07.13 at 7:20 am }

Usually I don’t read article on blogs, however I wish
to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so!
Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice post.

14 mad Dogs and Englishmen quote { 05.24.14 at 6:20 pm }

I hope the dog training United Kingdom. I believed in her Homer
city, the ‘thoughtful, considerate chap’ reveals himself as a myth but as a difficult time adjusting.
It was mostly an experiment. And he calls her a call
through the death process. When we passed
where the owners wanted to read novels.

15 Latanya { 06.27.14 at 10:18 am }

It is dangerous too. This is good for strained muscles. This means the same as
it introduces large amounts of mortgage rates belladonna.
When your symptoms, he showed that mortgage rates members of the body can heal itself.
They let us discuss some examples of how different diets can also be
dangerous. I loved last year from air pollution. She has interest in alternative medicine with suspicion, have also been studied at Indiana University.