The Biggest Loser – Two Teams Back In

The Biggest Loser has had a curse on the trainers love lives this year, first Michelle Bridges marriage broke down and the Sunday Telegraph reported that Commando has moved out of the marital home. And yes they are trying to hint at romance rumours….

Last night on the show saw Sam and Jesse, Kirsten and Janet, and Chris and Mark were trying to get back in the show and even though most of the contestants are still overweight they have really lost a lot of weight.

Sam and Jesse were the first to get back in losing the greatest weight loss percentage with Kirsten and Janet and Chris and Mark having to be voted in or out by the other teams. It was no surprise that Chris and Mark were punted as they were seen as the biggest threat out of the three teams vying for the second chance.

Richard from the blue team has turned into the series villain. He proclaimed he is not just the master of the game but also the commander. Pity he is not smart enough to realise he now has a huge target on his back.

The Biggest Loser on TEN on Monday nights at 7.30pm.

1 seepi { 05.06.13 at 12:34 pm }

Jess has done so well – to give up 50 ciggies a day – and eat better and train – she must feel like a totally new person.

Mark and his dad were looking good – i love to see them once they go back home.

2 Georgie { 05.06.13 at 12:44 pm }

Only caught the last half hour of this, after The Voice finished. Agree they sure have lost a lot of weight and must be feeling so much better for it.

Janet and Kirsten did a good job convincing everyone they should stay. Chris and Mark couldn’t raise an arguement between them, but it looks like they’re continuing with the weight battle outside the house.

3 Reality Raver { 05.06.13 at 12:45 pm }

What gets me is how does anyone find the time to smoke 50 ciggies a day?

4 Reality Raver { 05.06.13 at 12:46 pm }

Georgie – also it was sad when Chris was talking about the loss of Mark’s twin at birth. He probably did not want to be hurt like that again and that is why he distanced himself from Mark but still wrong he needed to put his kids needs first.

5 Georgie { 05.06.13 at 12:56 pm }

True RR, but I guess when these things are happening you can’t see the wood for the trees. We all end up having regrets where our kids are concerned, even over small things. We just don’t always see it until we get older and look back.

6 seepi { 05.06.13 at 1:11 pm }

I imagine she just smoked as she went about her life – inside the house probably. I wonder about the family dynamics as she grew up – was her mum around? she is the one who is now a step-mum to some kids too, so i am glad she is doing so well and healthier.

7 Reality Raver { 05.06.13 at 1:22 pm }

Georgie – Agree x 3 with that comment.

8 Georgie { 05.06.13 at 1:24 pm }

On the cigarettes, at $20 plus per pack, that’s at least a $50 a day habit and who can afford that?

9 brain dead dave { 05.06.13 at 1:25 pm }

Richard seems like a uber lite villain after some contestants I’ve seen this year.

Cigarettes used to burn for approximately six minutes. Jesse must be spending up to six hours/day smoking. Tobacco is supposed to be an appetite suppressant but Jess can polish off 4 litre tubs of ice cream just the same. What a legend.

10 Culinary Boner { 05.06.13 at 1:56 pm }

Based on my understanding – but not experience … I hasten to add – of certain party tricks some bars in SE Asia showcase involving young ladies and the smoking of cigarettes, there is a way Jess could get through 50 cigarettes a day in half the time.

Doesn’t really bear thinking about though, does it?

11 Georgie { 05.06.13 at 1:59 pm }

Probably better for your health in the long run too CB. Well your lungs anyway.

12 Reality Raver { 05.06.13 at 2:01 pm }

BDD – What are your thoughts on who are the villains of the Biggest Loser?

13 Culinary Boner { 05.06.13 at 3:19 pm }
14 Bolders { 05.06.13 at 4:07 pm }

RR didnt you find tedious the endless discussion round and round at the voting table about who is a threat ?

I turned off half way through that piece of banality when someone started to argue that fat fat people were a bigger threat than skinny fat people.

Sheesh.

15 Littlepetal { 05.06.13 at 4:08 pm }

Chris and Mark have done a wonderful job outside TBL. You can see Mark is enjoying the training and he put in 100%.

I think the grey team could be the team to watch. Other teams don’t regard them as a thread and they are sitting nicely in 3 position in term of the total percentage of weight lost.

To date, Todd and Gerald have the highest percentage weight lost among the teams. Unfortunately they can’ t keep on losing big numbers and may fall below the yellow line.

Surprisingly the 3 girls, Amber, Kirsten and Jess have the lowest percentage of weight lost. Such a disgrace that their parents can lose more weight than them.

Don’t want Richard to win. Once he fall below the yellow line, he will be going home.

16 brain dead dave { 05.06.13 at 4:51 pm }

I was meaning RR that compared to villains seen on MKR, for example, Richard seems pretty lightweight.

Of the others remaining in the house, Amber could have some villain potential. Coming off 50 ciggies a day is going to make you extra mad at the world for no reason~ why not take it out on King Richard?

Also the son from the grey team may have villain potential.

17 Littlepetal { 05.06.13 at 4:59 pm }

BDD, you mean Jess from the red team that is smoking 50 ciggies a day.

I think Robyn from the orange team can be a villain. She is like the concubine of King Richard.

I don’t think Brett from the grey team can be a villain. He just pretend to stir the pot.

18 Lisa { 05.06.13 at 5:01 pm }

I feel like the only one on twitter who supports Kirsten.
Everyone seems to dislike her because she speaks badly to Janet.
But I can’t help feeling that there’s something from the past that makes Kirsten that way.

Also Michelle scolded Kirsten by saying she has been quitting all her life. That’s a big call given she’s only 20 and has barely had the opportunity to tackle issues in life,

19 brain dead dave { 05.06.13 at 5:10 pm }

Yes , Littlepetal , I meant Jess. She’s already expressed some negativity to King Richard.

Orange Robyn looks like she’ll follow the King to the pot of lard at the end of the rainbow. She’ll be his Lady Macbeth.

20 buzzy { 05.06.13 at 7:00 pm }

Interesting that the fattest so- called youngsters lose the least weight each week.

We hope you are OK A.P. We were upset and hope you return.

What was the MC thread that went haywire?

21 Anna { 05.06.13 at 7:47 pm }

Culinary Boner, loving your smoking lard burgers :-)

I’ve worked with people on a 3 pack a day habit…. never got any work done since they were always downstairs puffing away

22 Veronicali { 05.07.13 at 8:19 am }

Reckon there’d be a market for tobacco-flavoured icecream? Low fat, of course, so you can eat twice as much.

23 seepi { 05.07.13 at 9:10 am }

I felt for Kirsten too – she does seem hurt by her mother. i was very sorry for her, but now I am starting to wonder if her mother really did do anything in the past, or if Kirsten is a bit of a princess.

Richard is nasty – he was all buddy buddy with thepink team when he voted them out – Janet you are remind me of my best friend, we will always be friends etc etc, and now he is openly rude to them!

24 Joseph Skyrim { 05.07.13 at 9:22 am }

50 smokes a day? What the hell is she, a chimney? She must have smelt foul, as there’s only so much a breathmint can cover. Hope she can keep away from the ciggies – her body and her wallet will thank her for it.

Good to see the contestants losing a bunch of weight though, even if in some cases it’s just numbers on the screen and no real discernable physical change from first glance (like the heavy weights who are now out).

I think Robyn will easily backstab Richard when he falls below the yellow line (and he will, simply because his daughter is dead weight). If it were a solo contest his odds would actually be better.

25 Littlepetal { 05.07.13 at 12:38 pm }

Joseph, I do agree with you regarding Robyn. She is playing the game and she will vote Richard out. But it will depend on who Richard is with in the elimination room.

I thought Chris and Mark do look different and so much better.

26 Culinary Boner { 05.07.13 at 1:02 pm }

In this Bonervision Media Enterprises exclusive we reveal the shocking truth behind Commando’s marriage breakdown…

Part of the secret stash Mrs Commando found under Commando’s side of the bed: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/787/99828-18293-107082-2-she-hulk_super.jpg

27 seepi { 05.07.13 at 1:17 pm }

I think they aren’t showing enough flashbacks in this series. i thought they weren’t losing much weight either, but i was shocked when i watched the opening credits – robyn was actually really big, and so were the pink team – they all look fantastic now.

A sad moment when robyn said she hated how her kids were turning out – I wonder if the other child at home has weight issues or other problems.

28 A.P { 05.07.13 at 1:21 pm }

Thanks Buzzy.

29 Blair { 05.07.13 at 3:03 pm }

The screentime focus of King Dick and his Princess Troll Doll (aka Amber) annoy mum and I to no end! Disappointed to see teams like Mark and Chris eliminated twice over lazy so and so amber. First season ive watched though since the days of Adro and must admit its got me hooked. Hoping to see the greens, reds and either pinks or greys in the final – anyone except king dick and his posse

30 Culinary Boner { 05.07.13 at 4:42 pm }

Amazing what I could achieve manscaping wise in the time Celebrity Splash was on:

Just imagine what I’ll be able to do once Dancing with the Stars starts.

31 Anna { 05.07.13 at 8:33 pm }

Dave, can you please have a read of NW, photo of AJ on the cover & apparently she is gaining a Kg a week.

32 brain dead dave { 05.08.13 at 11:37 am }

Will do ,Anna. Only just saw your post.

King Dick now has immunity,which must have the producers jubilant. It all looked very above board, too.

The dumpy daughters all cashed their chips in quickly on the treadmill challenge. I was barracking for the green team but for once , at least King Dick walked the talk. Now he can sit back and work out how much he’ll have to water load for the next weigh in.

Is anyone else seeing the occasional moment of Commando/Michelle frisson?

33 LB { 05.08.13 at 12:06 pm }

Was really pleased to see how happy Gerald & Todd were with their makeover and to see their family. They really do seem like genuinely good people.
Spitting to see that Richard & whiney Amber got immunity – but has to be good for ratings.

34 Reality Raver { 05.08.13 at 12:35 pm }

BDD – are you calling a romance there was a blind item in one of the papers a couple of weeks ago.

35 Littlepetal { 05.08.13 at 12:35 pm }

Yes, King Richard may get another week in the house but he isn’t seeing the big picture. He won’t be losing much weight in the next weigh in because of the immunity. This is going to come back and bite him in the bum.

Unless the finale consist of the bottom 3 teams than light blue team can win. But I am sure one of the top 3 teams will be in the finale. It could be the orange team (since Robyn is the concubine of King Richard). To catch up to the percentage of weight loss to the orange team, light blue team needs to lose about 11.7kg. He is running out of time to catch up.

36 Dr T { 05.08.13 at 1:44 pm }

Geez it took a while to find the most recent post on TBL on your site RR. The bottom of page two!

I was in Coles on Monday night. There was a man standing uncomfortably readjusting his pants in front of the magazine stand when he saw the cover of the latest issue of NW. Was it you CB?

37 Littlepetal { 05.08.13 at 1:48 pm }

No, Dr T. It is not CB but it will be BDD. LOL

38 Culinary Boner { 05.08.13 at 1:53 pm }

I’m am now above such things Dr T, so obviously you just spotted some weirdo.

Well, to be honest… Better Homes & Gardens does give me the horn when a spread of Karen Martini’s…*ahem* … recipes is included.

39 Reality Raver { 05.08.13 at 2:03 pm }

Dr T – I take the hint.

40 Reality Raver { 05.08.13 at 2:04 pm }

Dr T – I take the hint about the loser posts will get to it.

41 Dr T { 05.08.13 at 2:21 pm }

I’m not worried about it RR… the lack of posts indicates there are more exciting things happening in the world of reality TV!

PS Thankfully for me my TV appearance isn’t available on YouTube

42 Andrea (formerly A.P ) { 05.08.13 at 2:27 pm }

That Todd and his dad seem like genuine nice people who were so thrilled with their make overs and seeing their loved ones again brought a tear to my eye.
It would be great to see them win as they have worked so hard, Todd doing the squats was amazing.

43 brain dead dave { 05.08.13 at 5:57 pm }

I’ve just seen the shots of Ajay on the cover of NW. You have to check them out ,CB. I know it’s water under the bridge.

Am keeping an eye on Michelle/ Commando body language , RR after the possible romance was mentioned on this site. Last night they seemed quite happy sitting together on the little wooden bench, especially Michelle. No doubt the Commando is putting out a steady stream of success pheromones.

44 seepi { 05.08.13 at 10:04 pm }

the makeover was great. I wondered what they could really do with Gerald and todd, but they looked great.

I’m wondering if they make the male contestants not shave, and make the women pull their hair straight back, just so they can achieve a good makeover – they used to always do makeovers on everyone – not this time by the looks.

45 Littlepetal { 05.08.13 at 10:13 pm }

Seepi, next week they will all get a makeover and meet up with their family. Not sure why they did the makeover for Todd and Gerald (maybe just in case they get eliminated before next week makeover)

46 seepi { 05.13.13 at 1:16 pm }

Still no makeovers last night. altho Jess had black hair when they were at home – maybe they did their own makeover once they got home. the red team did look happier once they lost the weight. Shame we didnt’ see a bit more of them on the show.

47 オメガ 福岡 { 10.21.13 at 9:20 pm }