Celebrity Splash – The Semi-Final Dived

You know a show has problems when the most potentially entertaining thing is whether Brynne Edelsten’s breasts are going to pop out of her bikini.

Which led to a question from Miss 8 asking me why people have fake breasts? I actually did not have an answer. I am better prepared for her inevitable “What is sex?” question.

The best thing about last night’s episode was Brynne. She is likeable and I do think SEVEN should have renewed her reality show, as she is great TV but there is not a lot she can do on the small screen.

Unfortunately even though she did a great solo arm stand dive her premature take off in the synchronised dive put her on the bottom of the scoreboard and the audience vote could not save her.

What we now have is Andrew Symonds and Tamsyn Lewis in the grand final from this semi, and really if I want to see professional athletes dive I would prefer them to be actual divers. It is not going to be good for SEVEN if there are no celebrities in the grand final.

I note they have changed the order of the judges talking and it is good they have put Matt Mitcham first, he is great on TV and hopefully he would get another gig.

Ratings are not looking good for this show after a strong start last night’s episode sunk to 831,000.

Celebrity Splash on Monday night at 7.30pm on SEVEN.

1 Littlepetal { 05.07.13 at 12:48 pm }

Ch 7 is smart to make it a short series. I don’t think they will repeat this show again.

2 Culinary Boner { 05.07.13 at 1:11 pm }

Rather than watch utter shite like this I’ve been using the time constructively to get a little manscaping done.

3 Joseph Skyrim { 05.07.13 at 2:08 pm }

Probably would have gotten more viewers if she *did* have a wardrobe malfunction. As to Miss 8’s question, you could have winged it with “they let her hold her breath longer”? 😛

4 Mia { 05.07.13 at 2:21 pm }

How Brynne’s boosies didn’t pop out, especially when upside down, last night defies all laws of gravity, diesn’t it? I still can’t help but love the girl. Sad to see her go. The sports people might be able to dive better, but they’re nowhere near as entertaining.

I’m glad to see the back of Paul Fenech though. What an annoying douche.

Looking forward to Adam and Ding Dong tonight. Should be good for a laugh.

I

5 Bolders { 05.07.13 at 3:44 pm }

I’ll go against the throng here – I really enjoyed the show last night. I thought it was hysterically funny – that tadem dive between Brynne and Tamsin had me whooping. One went up and one went out.

And both landed days apart.

When there isnt obvious producer machinations (a la braces and tatts or the spiced space cadets in MKR) I can enjoy the entertainment factor a bit more.

Last night in me humble opinion, was very very funny.

6 Ex-Essex { 05.07.13 at 3:50 pm }

I changed channel half way through last night. It just got a bit boring

7 Culinary Boner { 05.07.13 at 4:43 pm }

Amazing what I could achieve manscaping wise in the time Celebrity Splash was on:

Just imagine what I’ll be able to do once Dancing with the Stars starts.

Oops. Had posted in wrong spot. Must spend less time in front of the mirror.

8 Veronica { 05.07.13 at 4:52 pm }

Paul Fenech had me in stitches again. That man can’t stand still. The whole show is not the yellow of the egg, but often very entertaining in my opinion.

9 Georgie { 05.07.13 at 5:31 pm }

Lol CB, you look beeg and stoopid like A Schwartz…

10 Littlepetal { 05.07.13 at 5:42 pm }

I don’t mind the show as I keep anticipating what dives they will do and will there be a mishap.

CB-You must have taken/injected lots of steroids and peptides to get so big so quick. Maybe if we force the footballers to watch CS, they can be big too.

11 Georgie { 05.07.13 at 5:55 pm }

Brynne should have done a tandem dive with the dawg instead.

12 Culinary Boner { 05.07.13 at 7:33 pm }

Georgie, you dare make fun of the Borat, neh, the Freddie Mercury of body sculpting:

13 Georgie { 05.07.13 at 7:46 pm }

Rofl CB – that g-string and packed lunch looks like its been added later as an afterthought. No a fan of the muscle-bound man.

14 Littlepetal { 05.07.13 at 7:56 pm }

Do we know who Samar Ban out is? :)

15 Georgie { 05.07.13 at 8:08 pm }

That’s what they say about bull riding Sam.

Littlepetal, he’s Littlewick.

16 Veronicali { 05.08.13 at 9:26 am }

RR what are Seven doing? They hyped up Denise and Adam stinkchronised diving, then didn’t have them competing, now are canning the second semi? Just put it on Wed or Thurs night when no other reality teev is on.
Rated better than Biggest Loser.

17 Bolders { 05.08.13 at 9:47 am }

Agreed Veronicali – why they dont put it on later during the week beats me.

18 Reality Raver { 05.08.13 at 10:17 am }

Bolders and Veronicali – I am about to write a blog post on it, but I think they don’t want to lose more viewers and maybe they are concerned that people will be watching The BLock and The Voice and not watching the new show House Rules. Bascially they have switched the ‘I don’t care button’ on the show. IRonically TEN would have been happy with the figures.

19 Chris { 05.08.13 at 10:20 am }

sorry to see Brynne go. She had some personality and a lot of courage. Wasn’t a bad diver for a beginner

20 Cletus von Steroidus (Samir's Manager) { 05.08.13 at 11:22 am }

Samir tells me he is saddened and disappointed, but not surprised, at being deleted (and forgotten) from this thread.

After all, who remembers the man who always came second* to that Teutonic blockhead Arnold Schwarzenegger.

He tells me he almost as disappointed as he was when they chose Lou Ferrigno instead of him as the lead for ‘The Incredible Hulk’ TV series. (He was such a fan of Bill Bixby and would never miss the chance to watch re-run after re-run of ‘My Favorite Martian’ on your fabulous ABC TV when he was competing in your country.)

Though I did sternly warn him at the time that the “mo would have to go” as Marvel Comics weren’t likely to give The Hulk a Village People makeover. Such was the homophobia of those unenlightened times. *sigh*

Anyway, Samir did get a chuckle that the US Constitution ‘black balled’ Arnie from the Presidency as he wasn’t born here, and he’s reduced now eking out a living on the international speakers circuit ostensibly to talk about his fabulous movie and political careers but mostly to be ridiculed about his hobby of interrupting the housework to bone the maid and her sister.

Back to the reason for why we have Obama and not Arnie, I understand you Aussies do not have similar rule?. And that for your coming election both candidates were actually not born in Australia? What are their names again? Juliar? Phony Tony?

Though I guess if you had the same rules as us, you’d be choosing between Dawn Fraser and Angry Anderson. As Samir says, life is a bitch.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to your intellectual discourse about people barely known in your own country jumping into water from 10 metre platforms. Good to see your TV programming has improved so much.

* http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blog/johnhansen/2011/12/27/the-1980-mr-olympia-controversy/

21 Georgie { 05.08.13 at 1:20 pm }

Rofl CvS and please tell Samir that I’m sorry his foray into RTV blogging was cut short.

22 Nadia { 05.08.13 at 8:53 pm }

I love this show! Seven just needs to change a few things then it be a 10/10 show at the moment its 9/10 for me. Its funny watching celebrities aren’t good at everything!