The Voice – The Result Show – No Surprise Saves

It was the first result show and there were no shock saves. Who stayed should have stayed and who went should have gone.

It was Team Seal who were getting the good and bad news first. It was no surprise that Harrison Craig got the highest vote and the lowest went to Hannah Darling.

Seal tried to give her a send off talking about a letter she had written him and Seal said The Voice helped people find themselves. Thankfully Darren McMullen stepped in to say it was a live show and that halted the Hannah and Seal lovefest.

Alex Gibson sang Blackbird in his sing off battle against Michelle Martinez. His tone is great. Michelle Martinez belted out Lady Marmalade  and it was a great rendition. The issue for her is that it has been doen before.

Seal said Alex needed his help just a little bit more so that is why he was taking him. Huh? Where is the logic in that? But I was glad he got through.

It was Team Ricky next and it was again no surprise that Miss Murphy got the highest vote, well itunes kind of gives it away… Imogen Brough was eliminated as having the lowest vote.

Simon Meli looked like he was really enjoying performing tonight and his joy was infectious. The boy has the moves.  Nick Kingswell sang I Need A Dollar and again he was good but not as captivating.  Ricky barely paused to take a breath before saying he would take Simon though.

It was Team Delta and Steve Clisby proved there was a grandma vote out there getting the most votes out of team. Delta looked like she was extremely amused by this.

It was Jackie Sannias and Rob Edwards battling it out. Once again Jacquie busted out the piano.

Delta said Jacquie was in the top 10 of itunes, saying she was connecting with the audience and she took her. Love Jackie but I wonder what she will be like when she has to sing without the piano.

Michael Paynter got the highest vote in Team Joel with Danni Hodson being eliminated with the lowest public vote.  Kiyomi Vella and Adam Garrett sang off. He sang a not so dodgy rendition of Skinny Love and Kiyomi sang 1,2,3,4. She is cute and quirky with a original voice. She won’t win but I will be very surprised if she does not get a record contract from being on The Voice.  Joel ended up picking her.

Did any of your favourites go home?

The Showdowns continue on Sunday at 7.30pm on NINE.

1 Mel { 05.07.13 at 10:47 pm }

First off, I thought the outcome of the sing-off between Alex and Michelle from Seal’s team was a very strange one. Seal’s logic of choosing someone because they need more help is just plain counter-intuitive. Bizarre. And truly, Alex is pleasant and all but has a limited range both vocally and performance-wise, I struggle to see what more can Seal really do.

Equally bizarre was when Seal said farewell to Michelle only to reassure her “you got what you came for”. Huh?? She came to get dumped? Am I missing something there? I agree, RR, that Lady Marmalade was perhaps not the wisest choice, but she was very good singing dedication to my ex last night.

Was pleased to see the results of Team Ricky and surprised to see Imogen unceremoniously disappear like that. Wow, to go from a favourite two weeks ago to this is hardly the journey she would have expected.

2 Eliza { 05.08.13 at 12:48 am }

Call me shallow, but I really wanted Nick Kingswell to get through. I enjoyed his performances, however I think that the role of pretty boy had already been known to be taken by Michael Paynter.

It was a tough choice for me between Alex Gibson and Michelle. I think that Michelle isn’t as ‘unique’ as Alex is in terms of vocal style but she can really sing. I feel as though sometimes they tend to favour the ‘unique’ voices, such as Kiyomi, when really there are lots of artists out there at the moment doing the quirky thing. I would have had both still there if I had my way.

I had already predicted that Steve would win the public vote on Team Delta. Will be interesting to see how far he goes in the live shows. I love Jackie so am really glad she made it through. I liked Josh too – he has a great voice so was sad he went.

I agree with Mel re Imogen – the song choice wasn’t a great one and can really be a deciding factor in whether the contestants stay or go. It was an odd choice, however did highlight the weaknesses in her voice.

3 Georgie { 05.08.13 at 7:18 am }

I was very surprised Seal chose Alex over Michelle, but he has already worked with both of them so who knows what the real reasons were – what has already gone down behind the scenes so to speak. Michelle has had industry experience and sometimes people can’t take instruction well and think they know it all. Perhaps Seal thinks Alex is more open, more ‘coachable’ when he says he can “do more with him”.

I’m not liking Michael Paynter’s vibe at all and for mine, he’s not a great singer either. I do like the Kiyomi package though.

I was delighted to see Steve go through – good on Australia!

4 Violet { 05.08.13 at 8:21 am }

I don’t like Michael Paynter at all. I think his voice is boring and I really hate his smugness. He couldn’t even fake being humble when told he was saved. With all the experience and opportunities he has had I feel if he was really that amazing he would have made it by now without the help of a talent show. I just don’t get the hype about him.

5 Veronicali { 05.08.13 at 9:35 am }

Poor Michelle. I didn’t know The Voice was a charitable institution and Seal the self-appointed CEO.
Thought she was going to diss Alex when he went in for the bootee hug. lol.

6 Fiona { 05.08.13 at 1:02 pm }

I was sorry to see Rob go as I liked his voice and he needed this competition a little more to get where he wants to be. I also really like Michael Paynter and I think he is in a place where he is humble enough to put himself in a competition because he has never had the springboard that he needs and a life of “nearly” can be soul-destroying. He has a beautiful voice, but does need to trust Joel in helping him change to meet the market as obviously his way has not been working. I loved Joe’s “hamster” analogy, spot on! No surprise with Harrison and Steve.

7 Fiona { 05.08.13 at 1:02 pm }

I was sorry to see Rob go as I liked his voice and he needed this competition a little more to get where he wants to be. I also really like Michael Paynter and I think he is in a place where he is humble enough to put himself in a competition because he has never had the springboard that he needs and a life of “nearly” can be soul-destroying. He has a beautiful voice, but does need to trust Joel in helping him change to meet the market as obviously his way has not been working. I loved Joel’s “hamster” analogy, spot on! No surprise with Harrison and Steve.

8 Beejay { 05.10.13 at 11:41 am }

Simon Meli is a throwback to then 70s. Nothing fresh, nothing new, just a guy in skinny jeans leaping about the stage and yelling. Nick should have won that battle. If I want 70s rock I’ll dig out my vinyls. Certainly agree with other comments regarding Seal’s weird choice of Alex over Michelle. What the ?? Michelle, top voice, top performer – and she got what she came for? Alex is a pleasant sounding busker, but that’s about it.

9 David S { 05.13.13 at 11:34 am }

Last year Seal was the star of The Voice however this year he has seem to become big headed and a control freak. His song choices are killing his singers and he has lost the plot. Seal always said he would choose the best voice but then he changed and kicked out Michelle Martinez whom he said had a brilliant voice and kept Alex Gibson whom he said needed needed his help ? An illogical decision. Its “The Voice” not “Seals Singing Lessons Show” .

10 Gabriella { 05.13.13 at 10:22 pm }

It’s a shame that Harrison and Kiyomi got voted off. I think the young generation could do with the maturity, and the humility of people like Harrison.
Kiyomi is a real looker and great performer and really represents the multiculturalism we have in Australia.

11 Blake { 05.15.13 at 12:24 am }

Gabriella, you mustn’t have watched the show. Kiyomi and Harrison made it through!

12 cellulite treatment { 05.28.13 at 11:20 am }

After looking into a few of the blog posts on your web page,
I really appreciate your technique of blogging. I
saved it to my bookmark site list and will be
checking back soon. Take a look at my website too and
let me know how you feel.

13 garage door motors { 03.19.14 at 3:50 pm }

You have just built an attached garage with a foundation in the Sims 3, but a few finishing
touches are needed. One of its advantages is that it is less expensive than the three other types of garage doors.
If your garage door is old and worn out, a new one can do a lot to improve the look of your home.

14 timber garage doors { 03.20.14 at 4:32 pm }

See, it is the springs that allow us to be able to
lift the heavy garage door using just a slight bit of force.
That is why many people look to add windows to their garage door.
He loves his house and can’t stop talking about the great people, the bustling library, and wonderful food that visitors can find in the area.

15 mow mow { 03.29.14 at 4:16 am }

If you’re looking for summer time business ideas for kids, then hopefully, you can get something from the 5
ideas outlined below. Learn how to maintain and repair your own equipment- this will save you both
time and money. Cost budgeting is the actual money committed on a project deliverable.