Celebrity Splash – Has Been Kind Of Dumped

Channel Seven have decided to flick the ‘I don’t care’ button on Celebrity Splash and are ditching Monday night’s semi final episode to amalgamate it into the grand final episode to be screen next Thursday night.

TV Tonight who as a full story on it reports contestants Denise Drysdale, Nick Bracks, Adam Richard and Koby Abberton who were due to qualify in Semi-Final 2 will now dive at the beginning of the show before a Grand Final dive.

The last episode had viewers of 831,000 which was about 500,000 less than its premiere episode. There has been no official word from SEVEN but I am presuming they are not wanting to get lower numbers in that timeslot and have people entrenched watching The Block and The Voice before their big ticket show House Rules starts.

What is interesting is I have seen shows dumped completely like Everybody Dance Now or moved to digital like Excess Baggage but I can’t remember when episodes have been dumped but then they have screened a final.

Can any of you guys think of an example of this?

1 Carole { 05.08.13 at 11:23 am }

No, not off hand. But I think that Resort show on ch 10 a few years ago got dumped and they lost heaps of money. I said from the beginning it was going to flop. Good to see 7 aren’t infallible and everything they do doesn’t turn to gold.

2 Weeezza { 05.08.13 at 1:30 pm }

Flop in every sense of the word

3 Culinary Boner { 05.08.13 at 1:41 pm }

Bring back “It’s a Knockout” and “My Kid’s a Star”

4 Izobel2 { 05.08.13 at 2:03 pm }

What about that one with the “Celebrities’ and their dogs!

I’m one of the few folk (the 800,000) that was watching Celeb Splash. I enjoyed it anyway. I must be easily pleased. Not that impressed that they’d show a final and not the 2nd last ep though. A bit stupid.
As if they don’t have an hour on Channel 7 that they couldn’t show the episode in..

I LOVE dancing shows and I HATED Everybody Dance Now…

5 smauge { 05.08.13 at 7:23 pm }

That reminds me – did Yasmin ever get married? Pfft!

6 Anna { 05.09.13 at 3:53 pm }

The show is beyond bad…. surprised it ever went to air

Wondering if it’s not dumped to accommodate the new reno nightmare

7 Littlepetal { 05.10.13 at 9:50 pm }

Now Denise Drysdale has quit CS before the semi final and grand final. It does make the judges looked silly for giving her such a high score when all she did was to do a pin drop. Can’t blame her for quitting before she injure herself.