The Bachelor – Coming To TEN

I have been gibbering for years to anyone who would listen (aka no one) that one of the Network’s should have a crack at The Bachelor.

Network TEN has decided to make the iconic TV show with the overseas version currently seen on GO.

The reality show where many bachelorettes fight it out for an eligble bachelor is huge in the USA. It is in its 17th season and 10 million viewers watched this year’s finale. Also there should be no shortages of companies willing to sponsor the show. Roses Only would be a perfect fit as would any of the online dating sites.

The show is so hyped up in the US that when it is on it gets a huge amount of main stream media coverage and the gossip magazines love it.

Throughout the series, the bachelor follows a gradual process of elimination, presenting his favourite bachelorettes with single red roses until he finds the one woman with whom he wants to spend the rest of his life.

People on this show have gone onto other media careers but also there have been Bachelor marriages and babies.

They are still casting for “The Bachelor” as seen by the call out for single men earlier this week. So all you wealthy miners out there start applying.

There have also been some memorable proposals that have been turned down. For that iconic Bachelor moment see below.

TEN need a hit series with an reality TV format as once Masterchef is off our screens later this year there is not a lot on their schedule. Another show they should consider bringing back is So You Think You Can Dance. Yes I know they were permanently scarred by their Everybody Dance Now experience but it was not the dancing that was the issue with that show. Also if anyone can find the mega bucks needed to make it another Australian version of Survivor would be great as well.

The show will be produced by SHINE and will screen on TEN later this year. It will be interesting to see how they Australianise it.

1 Anna { 05.12.13 at 1:05 pm }

Ch9 are hardly showing any US soapies or series… good way to drive viewers away …

How many times can the show that hasn’t been shown yet (well till tonight) be encored? How do they know that they’ll get viewers and there will be a demand?

Surprised that they didn’t move Days to ch 90 or 99

2 brain dead dave { 05.12.13 at 1:20 pm }

Some shows are being encored twice.

American Idol and Celeb Apprentice are on this arvo but I’m going to watch History Of The Eagles on One at 2.00.Good doco

3 Anna { 05.12.13 at 1:33 pm }

Dave, It’s easier to pre tape and then ff through all the commercials and some of the forced repeats (bit before the commercial/bit after the commercial) just like MC… they always repeat the garbage they were spewing before the big ball of flame erupted…

4 Georgie { 05.12.13 at 1:33 pm }

Thanks for the thumbs up on the Eagles bdd.

5 Georgie { 05.12.13 at 2:06 pm }

That would be heads up btw!

6 Anonymous Coward { 05.12.13 at 2:12 pm }

I’m sorry, I missed something? Daisy isn’t real? All that stuff about her getting her tits out in the seventies and breastfeeding her kids, and all the restaurants she and Rolf like to visit?

Could someone please point me to the post where Daisy left?

(Oh, and I did say that poor lady Kristen was not mentally well. Is she ‘not real’ also? Is everyone, self included, made up by the same twisted mind. AAAAAARGH.)

7 Nigel Tufnel { 05.12.13 at 2:34 pm }

My discography proves that I am real…as does my spookily prescient Ode to Ajay Rochester:

“The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin’
That’s what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I’d like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl’s got ’em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, ’twas my lucky bun day
You know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
You know what I mean

My love gun’s loaded and she’s in my sights
Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah”

8 anonymous coward { 05.12.13 at 3:30 pm }

Oh, right. Found it. Thanks everyone. Not.

Glad to see Daisy was real, and still is real. The rest of the above I don’t understand. Apart from Kristen/Jeanette being a mental case, but then I called it weeks ago. Chow!

9 Anna { 05.12.13 at 8:06 pm }

Watched the Block… 5 couples. Already know who will drive me nuts for 3 months, unless I’ll tune out.

One is high maintenance and high strung…. one out in and I wouldn’t put up with princes… one good thing is that everyone is on a different floor.

10 Anna { 05.12.13 at 8:47 pm }

Since when did this site turn into personal attacks????

Shannon are you Jeanette/Kirsten in disguise ? Easy to check who you are by your IP address

11 Littlepetal { 05.12.13 at 8:52 pm }

Lately I don’t know who is who. Maybe its just me. I am too dumb to work that out. It doesn’t really matter since we all here to pass time

12 Andrea { 05.12.13 at 9:15 pm }

Regarding Days of Our Lives, I had been watching the episodes on UTube and had managed to get up to April 2012 after the last episode on Channel 9 was still at Xmas 2011.
I thought this was great until I went on UTube yesterday and found that the episodes made in 2012 came up with a message saying “terminated because we received multiple third party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted”
Apparently these episodes were readily available and no problem until yesterday when maybe Sony or someone else stopped them.
I knew it was too good to be true!
Guess its my fault for likeing Days of Our Lives.

13 Anna { 05.12.13 at 9:24 pm }

Vievers recording TV shows & posting then online is an infringement. CBS does not allow viewers from outside US to watch shows online, just like our channels only allow us to watch them

Much happened between Xmas & April?

14 Andrea { 05.12.13 at 9:26 pm }

Yes, quite a bit happened actually.
I was just surprised that they had been available to watch up until yesterday.
I guess a lot of fans were trying to do the same thing as me, oh well.

15 Littlepetal { 05.12.13 at 9:30 pm }

Andrea, I have read that one of the other stations is picking up Days of our Lives. They haven’t reveal which station.

16 Andrea { 05.12.13 at 9:34 pm }

Thanks Littlepetal, I hope so except now I can give it a miss for at least four months until they catch up LOL!

17 Daisy { 05.13.13 at 8:38 am }

Someone asked me if I had been posting as Anna and BDD so I will take this opportunity to say that I have not.

Anna and BDD make their own good comments and don’t need my help. Also I don’t even understand the point of those fake comments.

Emma can vouch that those BDD and Anna comments didn’t come from my computer.

OMG what is everyone on lately ???????
Crystal meth I think. The one that makes you angry. LOL

18 Littlepetal { 05.13.13 at 8:49 am }

Ms Daisy, we know your style and you won’t post under someone else’s names. You may post under a new name but not as an existing commenter.

Let put the cry meth away. We may need to get some of the calming spray from Peter Everett.

19 Reality Raver { 05.13.13 at 8:58 am }

Daisy – not you posting under different names it is someone else who clearly is a tad fragile and wanting to make mischief and who is on reality TV blog but not wanting to talk about reality TV!

20 Georgie { 05.13.13 at 9:04 am }

Daisy & Littlepetal – it seems to me, when the community are at odds, it opens the door to a more disruptive element, who are attracted to the chaos. I’ve witnessed it before. We can even manage our regular trolls if we do it together, but if we show a chink in our armour the online underworld moves in. United we stand…

21 Anna { 05.13.13 at 9:30 am }

Emma, did you watch the Block?

I’ve found day one uneventfull…. Couple #1 Bec & Co will drive me nuts. High maintenance & highly strung princes should provide a few laughs

Georgie, trolls need to understand that it’s EASY to find out who they are…

22 Reality Raver { 05.13.13 at 9:43 am }

Anna – Yes watched it recaps for The Block and The Voice will be up shortly. Also a short blurb about the Biggest Loser

23 Culinary Boner { 05.13.13 at 9:50 am }

What I don’t understand about the personal attacks that occur from time-to-time on this site* is why anyone wouldn’t see that the ‘big-game hunting’ in terms of ridicule are the try-hards on the reality shows (judges and contestants) and not the posters here, no matter how insane they may come over as.

FFS. I demand the return of Matt, George and Gary to our screens IMMEDIATELY so that we can start ‘taking the piss’ in a more civilised manner and poke fun at these preposterous prattlers.

24 Anna { 05.13.13 at 10:05 am }

Emma, apologies, not rushing you. Just wondered if you watched it. The encore is on over kill drive 1st around 11pm & 2nd 2pm

There was a blurb in the herald about Michelle Bridges & commando hooking up…. She is denying it a bit too much. If not together then just one NO is enough, no need to carry on about supporting each other during ‘this tough time’

25 Anna { 05.13.13 at 10:09 am }

CB, by my estimate we can start rediculing MC in about 3-4 weeks at most :-)

The drinking game list is upto 21… You know the ‘eat with your eyes ‘comments etc

26 Culinary Boner { 05.13.13 at 10:13 am }

Anna, the only “eating with my eyes” I did on MCA in past seasons was of Skye, Audra and Rachel… no doubt this year will be another a frump-a-thon for us blokes.

27 Anna { 05.13.13 at 11:20 am }

CB, since a female will win this season,you’ll not get any eye candy.

They’ll all be tougher then the guys & will play dirty

28 Littlepetal { 05.13.13 at 12:05 pm }

MC is rumour to start on June 9. CB, I think you will get some eye candy as the ages for this years contestants are older.

29 Culinary Boner { 05.13.13 at 12:39 pm }

Thanks littlepetal.
There’s older and then there’s just plain ‘old’.
While I’d’ve jumped at the chance of a piece of Irmgard’s strudel*, I was not quite as keen for her cherry-pie.
Channel Seven recently regaled us with a brace of hot Asian chicks who had most thinking they needed their potty mouths washed out. What will Channel Ten give us?

* http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2010/04/20/1225855/723196-masterchef-contestant-irmgard-kastner.jpg

Oh. And when will the unctuous Karen Martini grace our screens again? Oh Kaz, you really do give me the horn.

30 Anna { 05.13.13 at 1:05 pm }

CB, how was dinner at Mr Wong?

31 Nigel Tufnel { 05.13.13 at 1:12 pm }

It was good, Anna, but I’d prefer modern-twist Japanese like you can get at Shaun Presland’s Sake.
I’m not certain the novelty of having classic Chinese dishes that are 20% better than the best of Sydney’s trad Chinese restaurants in terms of presentation, ingredient quality, cooking technique and ultimately taste is worth a return visit.

32 Culinary Boner { 05.13.13 at 1:12 pm }

33 Anna { 05.13.13 at 1:45 pm }

I felt same way when I was there….

Haven’t been to Sake, still looking for traditional Japanese experience without the westernised twist