Survivor Caramoan – Brandon Hantz Banned From Attending Live Reunion Show!

Not that Russell Hantz is the most credible news source however he has tweeted that his nephew Brandon Hantz will not be at the live finale for Survivor Caramoan which is filmed this Sunday in the US.

If this is the case this would be the first time a contestant has been told to not attend the live reunion.

Brandon had was eliminated from the game after having a mega meltdown and most in post-eviction interviews labelling him unstable. As Corinne said in an interview ” He’s a few fries short of a happy meal!”.

However there has been some smoke and mirrors about what actually occurred on the island and what happened to Brandon after he left the game clearly in mental distress. There was criticism directed at the show that Brandon was allowed to return for a second season considering he seemed an emotional basket case in his first case.

In his post-elimination interviews he presented that “nothing special” happened to him after, however race car driver Julia Landauer who was the second person eliminated after him revealed to Reality Ravings that he was not at Ponderosa when she arrived there.

There was animosity between Phillip and him, however it would be interesting to know if the reason Brandon is not there is really at Phillips request but at the decision of the producers.

Survivor savants will know better then me if this is the first time a contestant on Survivor has not been at the live Survivor.

Viewers won’t have to wait long to see if Brandon is not there as the final is on Sunday in the USA and will be fast tracked by GO Channel and will be shown first here on Monday at 8.30pm.

Survivor Caramoan Finale on GO Channel on Monday at 8.30pm.

Thanks to Carole for pointing out the Tweet.

1 Culinary Boner { 05.10.13 at 3:05 pm }

Yeah.
That’s right.
Blame it all on “pussy ass”.

*scratches head* WTF is “pussy ass”?

2 Carole { 05.10.13 at 6:07 pm }

No worries RR. I can’t remember if anyone has ever been banned from attending the finale before. Be interesting to see what explanation they give on the night.

3 Weeezza { 05.10.13 at 10:02 pm }

There should have been someone banned last season – Lisa. Because Probst spent half the reunion talking to her and no one else. Spoiled it.

4 JStar { 05.10.13 at 10:07 pm }

RR. If Brandon was indeed banned, this would be a Survivor first. Back on the very first season, even Greg “Coconut Phone” turned up at the reunion despite earlier refusing to do any exit interviews upon his elimination. (After the first season, all contestants were contractually obliged to do elimination interviews and attend the live reunion finale). Jerri – during All Stars – is the only contestant to have walked off stage midway through a finale after being booed.

I kind of want to see if Brandon himself confirms the news. Brandon and Russell have a very strange and dysfunctional relationship. Russell has slagged his nephew several times on Twitter over the years. I seem to recall Brandon saying in his interview with RR that he indeed watched his exit appearance of this season of Survivor with Russell and apparently Russell was supporting of Brandon’s meltdown towards Phillip. But then later, he slagged Brandon off on social media. Who knows? Russell will definitely be at the reunion in the audience. For Russell, Coach, and Boston Rob, Survivor is like crack for them. They need their bi-annual-attendance-at-a-reunion-to-stretch-their-15-minutes-further fix or else they will die of irrelevance.

5 Reality Raver { 05.10.13 at 10:19 pm }

Jstar – it did cross my mind that this was a huge publicity stunt by Russell. I do think there is smoke and mirrors on this whole Brandon Hantz issue. I hope he does go to the reunion and I don’t believe the reason is Phillip

6 JStar { 05.10.13 at 10:32 pm }

@RR. Agree 100%. I remembered in his interview with you that he said he pretty much got over his beef with Phillip ten minutes after he left the game. He said he didn’t have any issues with him. Brandon is a very religious boy and believes in forgiveness. I remember back on South Pacific, a lot of people couldn’t understand how he could be so hot and cold and then just ask for (and expect for) forgiveness as a means to absolve all his outbursts. (Although, him not voting for Coach to win shows he may not believe in the concept of forgiveness entirely). :) I think this is all publicity and Brandon will be there. Heck, even Sue Hawke turned up at the All Stars reunion after Richard Hatch had allegedly rubbed himself indecently against her in a challenge. (Rob Cesterino was strategically placed between them just in case there were any fisticuffs or more threats of litigation from Sue. Also for all of the Survivor fans from the beginning, you can blame Hatch for the producers mandating that all contestants, since them, have to compete in challenges fully-clothed after that incident that we, the audience, was never shown in its entirety).

7 Izobel2 { 05.10.13 at 11:14 pm }

U r a wealth of knowledge Cochran! I just can’t believe the things you remember!! ‘ I’ve been violated Jeff’! Wasnt that Sue’s quote? I bet you have a top 10 for everything Survivor.. Good blindsides, quotes, tears, tantrums, stupid moves… And that bad finale wedding proposal (not Boston Rob’s)!

I know we’ve discussed some of them before, but they’re always good. I haven’t seen all the series, wish I had. Does this rate as a good one? To me it’s been good, better than the last couple. Will b nice to see a series with no-one famous again though. Not like moe-man’s series though!

Cochran for the win!

8 JStar { 05.11.13 at 2:09 am }

@Izobel2 – That was Sue’s quote. I can’t believe you remembered the one sentence that was not bleeped out! All I remembered was a lot of pointing and screaming at Dimples where many adjectives were bleeped out. I just YouTubed it and Dimples was a deer in the headlights as Sue just screamed and screamed. He definitely handled the Brandon Hantz meltdown a lot better! Do you recall how she turned up at the finale and showed off her extensive plastic surgery makeover – (no doubt paid for by the US broadcaster, CBS, after Sue threatened to sue CBS for being “sexually violated” on national television).

I have been enjoying this season and I enjoyed the previous one as well. But there were a lot of duds after Heroes vs Villains. I’ll try and give you an answer after the finale about my thoughts on the season because sometimes an “undeserving” winner can ruin an entire season – *cough, cough* Natalie White winning Samoa despite doing nothing more than ride coat-tails.

9 Andy Winneriz { 05.11.13 at 2:14 am }

Well done Izobel2. You deserve a RR prize for your recall. :)

10 Izobel2 { 05.11.13 at 6:23 pm }

Thanks Andy and JStar!
Looking forward to Monday night!

11 Weeezza { 05.12.13 at 12:53 pm }

Just learnt Dawn has deleted her Twitter account. Probably due to the amount of abuse she has received after last week’s episode.

I don’t get it. She only did what other players before her have done. She’s an easy target. And reading Russell Hantz’s twitter account it seems he contributed to the hate.

12 JStar { 05.13.13 at 10:03 am }

Hey RR. Might be true about Brandon bit being at the finale. Tweets from Survivor pre-jury boots (Corrine especially) expressing outrage of reunion changed this year. Pre-jury boots not on stage. Forced to sit in audience. Guess Dimples doesn’t have to explain why Brandon is not on stage then. Disrespectful to pre-jury members. A few of them are musing about storming the stage. Also, apparently the Survivor alumni have tweeted to Russell that security have pictures of him and Brandon to prevent entry. Over the top?

Reunion is going to bore me. 45 minutes of hearing from Phillip, Cochran, Malcolm, and Dawn. No doubt there will be a lecture from Dimples about cyber-bullying (complete with well-time tears from Dawn on stage). Plus Boston Rob will be in the audience so expect YET another reunion show where he will be given 10 minutes of airtime talking about the Stealth-R-Us 2.0 alliance. Puke. Vomit. Hurl.

13 Reality Raver { 05.13.13 at 10:45 am }

JStar – That is outrageous regarding pre-jury not on stage. CBS need to man up and just saying they did not allow Brandon to attend. Well one thing is for certain there will be no Hantz’s in the next season. Unless this is all a publicity stunt and Russell and his brother are on.

14 JStar { 05.13.13 at 11:08 am }

RR. Couldn’t agree more. Still, the producers still have a couple of hours left to change their minds but I doubt it. I wonder how the elephant in the room will be addressed though. As for the rumours of the “twist” for the next season – bleh! I’m still trying to forget that season of The Amazing Race when it too decide to do that “twist” and we all suffered through an entire season with the Weaver family.

Still looking forward to tonight and I sincerely hope that an intelligent discussion does take place on stage regarding cyber bullying. Although I think Dawn and Cochran played excellent games, those strategic decisions only really benefitted Cochran and poor Dawn was unfortunately thrown to the wolves. Rumours are that Brenda has apparently refused to attend the finale but I don’t believe that since she is contractually obliged to be there. Expect fireworks and waterworks galore tonight!

15 Reality Raver { 05.13.13 at 11:19 am }

Jstar – I read somewhere that Brenda was pregnant in her third trimester and was not able to fly.