The Voice Result Show – A Couple Of Shock Results

It just goes to show a compelling back story will get votes and Michael Stangel was the first person through on Team Joel, with Lyric McFarland and Danny Ross having to sing off. Danny had a minor microphone malfunction and recovered well.

Joel said Lyric has one of the best voices that had heard on this show and he knew that she would have a career and then he selected Danny. It must have hurt Lyric because she did the best performance on showdown night on her team.

On Team Delta it was no surprise that Celia Davy cruised through, and it was left to Ben Goldstein and Tim Morrison to sing off for the last spot. Even though Tim’s vocals were a tad dodgy she selected him.

On Team Seal Mitchell Anderson won the popular vote and Jac Stone and Shawne Kirk had to sing it out for the last spot. All the judges thought Seal should pick Shawne but he surprisingly picked Jac.

It was much tougher on Team Ricky. After Luke Kennedy was through on the audience vote Emma Pask and Caterina Torres both gave a stand out performance. In the end Ricky plumped for Caterina, however h told Emma he would see her in the studio. Also she can console herself that her self funded album was number one on iTunes.

Did you think the Coaches made the right selections for the live shows?

1 Mel { 05.14.13 at 10:37 pm }

I was happy for Danny to go through. Whatever you might think of him, at least he’s not standard reality singing show fodder. God knows, the show could do with a loose cannon.

I think it’s plausible that Jac Stone was in fact picked by the producers, not Seal. At a certain point they did their calculations and figured there was potentially an unflattering gender imbalance going into the live finals – 11 men to just 5 women. Picking Jac was a small correction of numbers. Call me crazy…

Picking Tim Morrison over Ben was fine by me, at least he has a bit of edge about him. Ben is a sweet boy but ultimately ‘vanilla’.

Thank goodness that lost 12 year old boy on Team Ricky finally discovered where the exit door was. And as if Emma was ever going through. I’m thinking Ricky would actually turn straight for Caterina.

2 Eliza { 05.15.13 at 12:34 am }

I was thinking the exact same thing about the gender imbalance! It was so obvious they were going to pick Jac no matter what, especially as it would have meant that Seal would have had an all male team. I just hope she doesn’t try to depress us each week and starts to enunciate her words a bit better.

I was shocked by Michael going through, esp on the public vote. I thought it would have been Danny and Lyric. Danny freaks me out.. he is so intense!

3 Swayte { 05.15.13 at 1:22 am }

I agree Mel, I really liked Danny tonight. Not so much last night doing the Jimmy Hendrix song but then that wasn’t his song choice.

Lyric had a good voice but I’d pay more attention to Danny.

4 Georgie { 05.15.13 at 8:19 am }

Like dross through the mill, so are the nights of the voice…

But will there be a little nugget at the end of the process?

5 Swayte { 05.15.13 at 10:28 am }

My nuggets are Miss Murphy, Kyome (because she’s a package) and maybe one or two others but obviously not that much because I can’t think who they might be.

6 Laura { 05.15.13 at 1:38 pm }

If I were one of the judges I would be a bit more savvy about who I was putting through if I wanted one of my contestants to come out as the winner.

Who have the viewers put through as number one? Steve Clisby, Mitchell Anderson, Luke Kennedy, Michael x2, Harrison Craig, not to mention Emma Pask’s album at number one on iTunes… clearly the people voting are 1. women 2. older demographic

Tim, Danny & Caterina might “take risks” and be “interesting” in the judges’ eyes but they will not accrue votes from the people who are actually voting. Ben, Lyric and Emma had much better chances in that respect.

If he can pull off this “new direction” that Ricky is saying that he will push him into, Luke Kennedy is a shoe-in to win. And he deserves to, because he is the best singer by far.

Let’s remember that this is The Voice, not The Best Amateur Voice. (In other words, it is The Best Voice Among Those Whose Career Is Unsuccessful Enough That Reality TV Will Do More Good Than Harm.)