Celebrity Apprentice Australia – Who Threw The Biggest Dummy Spit

The question is not who raised the most money for charity but who had the biggest dummy spit last night on the show. The producers must have spent much of the filming of this episode trying to convince people to stay.

The first was by Roxy whose special skills appears to be the ability to antagonise people. Her problem is she is taking being on Celebrity Apprentice like she is running her business and it is a completely different set up. Sometimes you just need to suck it up and stay silent and let them stuff it up.

Sure it must be frustrating for her as she is the only one with business credentials however her dictatorial style then storming off because she thought she was being disrespected. It was a tad ironic as she at times has been dismissive of people.

Also Stephanie Rice is right when she said the Roxy accuses people of doing what she does herself.

The other dummy spit was done by Jeff Fenech who stormed off after a fight with his not for much longer mate John Steffenson. Jeff was ranting about team work something he had clearly forgotten about when he was on Peter Berner’s team last week. But the issue appeared to be that he thought some of the guys like John and Dermott had not brought in money when he was project manager in the first fish and chip challenge.

However the catalyst appeared to be when John made a comment about Jeff being given fruit at the markets. When they went to the markets was anyones guess as we saw no footage.

Jeff denied being given fruit and sent him a death stare. Was it ethically wrong that he got given a box of grapes? Not sure why Jeff thought it was such a negative thing. But it blew up and Jeff quit. In the end John went out and talked to Jeff which also gave away that the board room is not actually in the high rise building…

Jeff came back in and apologised and it was still a bit of a mystery about what the blow up was about.

In between all this drama photos were taken, rumours were started about a romance between Stephanie Rice and Rob Mills, and a charity auction occurred.

Stephanie Rice’s team of young guns won easily making $84,000 at auction on the back of Roxy’s contacts plus they received another $40,000 from Canon.

In the boardroom Prue took in Dermott Brereton who had been sick most of the challenge with food poisoning as had Brian and Peter Everett.

In the end Brian fell on his sword and he did not appear to really care that he was the one fired.

In interviews since filming it is clear the Uncanny X Men lead singer did not find the experience enjoyable. At one point he said the filming conditions were torture also it as he told  Suzanne Carbone of  The Age saying ”It is a celebration of the worst in human nature under the high moral ground of raising money for charity.’

Also he spoke to News Ltd saying there were five of them were food poisoned by onset catering and he seemed glad to go. In fact maybe it was the after effects of the illness but it looked like a few of them would have been happy to have been fired last night.

Celebrity Apprentice Australia Tuesday nights on NINE.

1 Littlepetal { 05.15.13 at 1:23 pm }

Lots of cat fight. I try to like Roxy but in this kind of environment you will have to let the Project Manager take charge. If she keeps thinking she know everything and even when she is not the leader, her ideas and views must be implemented then she might as well be the leader all the time. When it comes to donations, Roxy have more clients that she can ring and she will be an asset to any team but she can’t use that to make people to listen to her.

If it is all about donations they might as well sit in the hotel rooms and ring around for donation. Why bother with all this challenges.

2 Lisa { 05.15.13 at 2:23 pm }

They’re all proving that celebrities have an inflated sense of self and showing that behind the lip gloss and botox is an ugly interior.
The winner should be the person who can retain their dignity against all odds.

3 brain dead dave { 05.15.13 at 2:50 pm }

I think Boof Fenech got it all wrong and thought that Steffenson called him a fruit.

Lots of tears and drama. High quality tantrums.

Poor Millsy~ he’ll never escape the Paris Hilton thing.

Layla couldn’t understand a particular word Mr Bouris used. Just like old times.

Celeb Apprentice was more fun than the previous The Voice and The Block. You need to lift,Ch9.

4 Culinary Boner { 05.15.13 at 2:53 pm }

On the job with the Celeb Apprentice catering crew –

Based on his description Brian’s made a life-saving decision.

5 Bolders { 05.15.13 at 3:12 pm }

I thought the beef was around the allegation that Jeff took something for free when they were there to raise money for charity. I’d be ashamed to do that – and all for a box of fruit. Fruit, I tells ya.

Roxy didnt come off great – agree with you RR, it’s not her business she’s running so she really should back off. And this sudden gripe for people to “let me finish what I was saying”. How many times did she say that on the show last night. And maybe you need to learn to say either things quicker or refrain from saying things.

She also does interrupt others and snicker about others. Exactly what she accused Stef of doing.

I know people like that.

And they’re a pain in the arse.

No. No. Let ME finish.

A major pain.

*palm up.

6 Gabby { 05.15.13 at 3:15 pm }

Jeff had to make sure he stood out one way or another again. I don’t know why Prue chose Brian over Peter. Dermit had better make a move, he’s been useless so far. I tried to give Roxy benefit of the doubt but I am over her, she’s looking for an argument. Poor old Layla, what can you say about her, “I don’t know the meaning of that word”. Looking forward to seeing her as project leader.

7 Violet { 05.15.13 at 3:32 pm }

If it’s all about raising money, layla should have been fired on episode one with her paltry $165 contribution.

8 Andrea { 05.15.13 at 4:16 pm }

Layla is just so exasperating!
They all need to leave their egos at the door, grow up, and try to work together as a team.

9 kess { 05.15.13 at 4:49 pm }

Does peroxide poison your brain after prolonged overuse?

For the 2 witches with fake white hair are freaks. And I don’t get it, they are both wealthy women, and I can get a better do than that for $50 at the training college. Why can’t they find a decent hairdresser?

10 Reality Raver { 05.15.13 at 5:25 pm }

Kess – you comment just made me laugh out loud.

Violet – maybe Layla will win. Actually I bet Steph Rice will win.

Andrea – is hilarious how she gets away with it. Bouris should say “Don’t know what exasperated is? Your fired.”

Gabby – yes that was never clear how Pete avoided the boardroom maybe he raised some $$$

Bolders – The mystery is what were they doing at the markets. Maybe Jeff getting the box of grapes saved him from food poisoning. Brian said five got it would love to know who the other two were that got it.

CB – oh yuck where do you find those things.

BDD – LOL re: fruit

Lisa – the question is who will that be?

Little Petal – I think the thing for Roxy is she is used to controlling her environment and in this situation she is not.

11 Bolders { 05.15.13 at 5:52 pm }

Who knew that charitable endeavours can give one the shits!

12 Carole { 05.15.13 at 6:37 pm }

Yeah, Roxy seems to be a bit of a bitch, she can dish it out but can’t take it. She accuses people of not listening to her, but then she does the same thing to them.

It was interesting hearing the back stories of some of the contestants.

I was wondering what time they were taking the photos, when they said they wanted to go to the fish shop but it wasn’t open & wouldn’t be till after the deadline. Aren’t they pretty much open all day? I found that a bit odd and why didn’t they explain that to Bouris when he asked them what went wrong?

I can’t keep up with Stephanie Rice’s love life, I read the other day she was on with Bouris’s son, now they are saying she was with Rob Mills.

I didn’t understand that whole blow up between Jeff & John, it made absolutely no sense and didn’t have anything to do with what was going on. Was it a private joke between them or something?

At least they seemed to be nicer to Peter Everett this week.

13 Culinary Boner { 05.15.13 at 7:03 pm }

You’ve never had chicken in a can Raver?

Brian Mannix may have seen the following in the pantry at Celeb Apprentice catering – http://indiemoines.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/dscn0931.jpg

No wonder he bailed.

14 Bolders { 05.15.13 at 7:44 pm }

There you go CB.

Based on your photo the menu for the day would have read: today’s special Shits for Brains.

15 Stacey { 05.15.13 at 7:46 pm }

Great episode last night. Jeff Fenech annoys the hell out of me. Why does he always refer to himself as Jeff Fenech? Its weird!

I had no idea what he and John were fighting about. He kept yelling and then walking back to Jeff. I thought it was pretty I audible. Still love Roxy, but she needs to ease up. She definitely acts like she’s the project manager all the time and I thought it was very dramatic of her to leave and then still be hostile when Stephanie came in to talk it over.

As for the photos I loved the series of John Stephenson. Layla’s was my favourite, the one of him and his dad.

16 Swayte { 05.15.13 at 7:56 pm }

Roxy: “Let me finish what I was saying. Blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blabblablabla………….blah, blah (I have to be in charge because I’m the only one here who knows anything, and I’m the best at everything) blah blah………”

Everyone else: “Finished yet Roxy?” LOL

17 Littlepetal { 05.15.13 at 8:33 pm }

This is Roxy world. She ‘ghost writes’ a blog for her daughter Pixie Rose.

Here’s a snippet from ”Pixie Rose” on a family holiday, complete with private jet and $10 million superyacht, they took to Hamilton Island recently.
”We travelled on the best plane ever to Hamilton Island (it was one that only we went on, drove straight to the tarmac and jumped on, complete with a red carpet and no darn ques [sic] or security checks where they make me practically get undressed to go through the scanners) then jumped aboard and motored around the Whitsunday Islands – how posh!
”I whirled out my latest Island attire including a Missoni Frock, a Gucci Tennis Dress and my new Minnie Mouse one piece not to mention my Ray-Bans and sunned myself to look like I had in fact spent a whole week aboard … It is my 1st Birthday coming up – I need a little colour!!”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/private-sydney/hard-days-for-roxy-20130202-2dr1i.html#ixzz2TM8yxNhG

18 Culinary Boner { 05.15.13 at 8:47 pm }
19 Reality Raver { 05.15.13 at 9:19 pm }

Little Petal – Her and Suri Cruise are probably pen pals.

CB – hilarious

20 Gabby { 05.15.13 at 9:19 pm }

Thanks for that LP @17, you have just definitely made up my mind for me about Roxy. With all her money she needs to buy a new pair of pants too, the blue ones she had on were way too big. Poor Pixie Rose.

21 Littlepetal { 05.15.13 at 9:33 pm }

Yes, Pixie Rose and Suri Cruise will be names dropping with all the branded stuff they have.

I am surprise Roxy is willing to do CA and leave her daughter at home.

22 Christina { 05.16.13 at 9:52 pm }

I’ve really been enjoying this season, however all the $ talk does, as Dermy says, seem a bit vulgar (even though yes forgiven a little as it is for charity). But the firing purely because of lack of money raising just didn’t sit well with me. To be fair, Brian has actually being doing well – raising 2nd most amount of money in first task, writing and performing the jingle which the client loved in the 2nd challenge, and then taking one of the best pictures.

Hmm…even though I know the bottom line of the show is money raising, I would still have preferred to have been razzled dazzled into thinking perhaps it was because of a more interesting reason based on the challenge. Perhaps because they lost the Canon reward they could have put it down to Brian who to being heavily involved in the Art Direction for the pics on their team.

Hope the rest of the tasks aren’t just about money raising and who has the best contacts…or it’s going to be a boring predictable season. And here I was thinking it was only just heating up!!

23 Carmen { 05.17.13 at 7:18 am }

I’m another addicted to this show – thank goodness for the encore screening on Sunday. Probably key to this “reality” show is that the viewer doesn’t have to sit through hours of watching paint dry, people baking cakes (boring), or seeing the “physically unfit” being totally humiliated and exploited by seasoned fitness freak professionals. Some may be interested in my blog post titled: 50 Shades of Bouris –

24 Stacey { 05.17.13 at 8:49 am }

Thanks Carmen ill have a read of that when I get a chance. Im obsessed with this show too – I agree it is fast paced and that works really well.

I kind of agree with Dermott when he said its uncomfortable asking people for money but its also a bit of a cop out as you know hes sitting on probably hundreds of thousands in sponsorship money. Im now positive hell pull it out when hes PM.

25 Carmen { 05.17.13 at 10:53 am }

Stacey – I didn’t see the latest show & will catch up when it’s repeated on Sunday ( thank goodness for that). I’ve read in a mag (as one does) that Stephanie Rice is “liaising” with Junior Bouris – which instantly made me think she’s a shoe-in to win, or come close second.

As for Dermm – I think he needs to invest in a good bra.
Cheers, Carmen.

26 Stacey { 05.17.13 at 7:17 pm }

Carmen: read your article! Great insight into boardroom meetings. In answer to your question re an encore I think one plays on Sunday. To be honest though I think Dawn Fraser comes across as kind of a bitch! I get a really standoffish vibe from her.

Yes I did hear somewhere about Ms Rice and Bouris Jr. Also her and Rob Mills are having a thing. Sleeping her way to the top perhaps?

27 Kleinewurstsemmel { 05.17.13 at 9:00 pm }

For me, the way Roxy behaves in this show would absolutely turn me off ever using her business services. Unbelievably self-obsessed and demanding, with little ability to see anyone else’s perspective. Sure, she may used to being in charge but that’s no excuse. You need to be flexible, you need to be sensitive to others…she’s just coming across as an absolute nightmare…..and I think she should hand those pants back to MC Hammer.

As for Stephanie and Rob…don’t go there….you know where he’s been….everyone knows where he’s been.

I’m sorry Brian Maddix left…I have no idea who he is…but he seemed really smart and interesting and his bleach job was better than most of the women’s. His photo was easily the best ….Canon are getting a bit of stick on their FB page after bragging about sponsoring this show. I reckon the celebs had a bit of assistance with their photos…after all, Canon wouldn’t want blurry shots..not a good advert.

Don’t know who Dermott is either but he seems a little bit shifty to me.

28 Littlepetal { 05.18.13 at 9:10 am }
29 Blake_Burningham { 07.04.13 at 7:42 pm }

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog.