Australian Version Of Embarrassing Bodies To Be Made

Got a condition that is a bit weird and a bit gross well there might be a reality TV show that might be able to fix it for you as Foxtel has announced a local version of Embarrassing Bodies.

The will be hosted by UK host of Embarrassing Bodies Dr Christian Jessen. He also appears on the successful series Embarrassing Illnesses and Supersize Vs Superskinny, trained in general medicine, infectious disease, travel medicine and sexual health/HIV, graduating from University College London in 2000.

If you want to know more about him here is a good interview with him from The Independent.

He will join Foxtel’s expert team of GPs as they dispel myths and break down the taboos surrounding these blush-inducing conditions.

“I’m very much looking forward to once more pulling on the rubber gloves and having a good delve down under!” Dr Christian Jessen said today.

Hannah Barnes, Foxtel’s Head of Programming and Commissions – LifeStyle Group, said: “Embarrassing Bodies is one of LifeStyle YOU’s most successful properties, so it is a huge win for Foxtel not only to have secured the rights to a local version, but also to have Dr Christian involved in this new production.”

EMBARRASSING BODIES DOWN UNDER will be produced by Shine Australia exclusively for Foxtel’s LifeStyle YOU channel, with production on the series to commence next month.

The series will give an intimate insight into both the sufferer’s treatment and their attempts to cope with the emotional and psychological impact of their illnesses.

If you would like an appointment with the EMBARRASSING BODIES DOWN UNDER doctors head to www.Lifestyle.com.au/embarrassingbodies.

1 Nigel Tufnel { 05.17.13 at 1:20 pm }

Derek Smalls has an embarrassed body moment –

St Hubbins and I pissed ourselves about this. Thankfully it was in 1980s and not now, otherwise Derek would’ve been banged up in Guantanamo Bay for causing offence to a TSA officer.

2 Georgie { 05.17.13 at 1:22 pm }

If you’re too embarrassed to go to your GP with a problem and have a private consultation, just ring Shine, then you can share it with the whole production team and the rest of the Australian population.

What a top idea!

3 Culinary Boner { 05.17.13 at 1:29 pm }

This seems a very, very English programming idea.
Monster labia? Micro penises? Anal polyps? Foot-long nasal hair?
No thanks.

4 Georgie { 05.17.13 at 1:30 pm }

Thanks for the laugh Nige, I always thought it was a pair of socks.

5 Georgie { 05.17.13 at 1:32 pm }

RR – thanks for the previous salvage operation, now I’ve had one here go the same way. 😀

6 brain dead dave { 05.17.13 at 1:37 pm }

Australia’s most embarrassing body is still living in England….Rolf Harris.

7 Nigel Tufnel { 05.17.13 at 1:44 pm }

Based on experience socks don’t get contour of the bulge right Georgie.

And once they go lumpy they could be mistaken for a goiter or a massive boil*.

I understand even Spinal Tap groupies would be turned off in this case.

* *Light Bulb Moment* Better ring the boys to talk about we can get on national tele.

8 Con the Fruiterer { 05.17.13 at 1:58 pm }

Georgie. Cucumber. Best. Everytime.
Ask-a Marika.

9 Calliegirl { 05.17.13 at 2:13 pm }

Thanks for the laughs guys!!

10 Georgie { 05.17.13 at 2:19 pm }

That depends Con. It might work better than a pair of socks and it’s true, there’s not substitute for a good cue in your salad. I’ll leave it there though, I’ve already been in trouble recently for talking to blokes like of you.

Hey bdd, good to see you.

11 Culinary Boner { 05.17.13 at 2:24 pm }

Transcript from “Embarrassing Bodies: Ye Olde Elizabethan Years, Episode 3, ‘Shaped like a turnip’ “…(featuring a Jimmy Saville script addition at the end)

“Lord Percy Percy: Well, My Lord, while Baldrick and I were preparing the Turnip Surprise, we had a surprise — we came across a turnip that was exactly the same shape…as a thingy!

[Percy and Baldrick laugh.]

Lord Edmund Blackadder: [not amused] …a thingy…

Baldrick: …a great big thingy! It was terrific.

Edmund: Size is no guarantee of quality, Baldrick. Most horses are very well endowed, but that does not necessarily make them sensitive lovers. I trust you have removed this hilarious item…?

Baldrick: Oh, yes, yes, My Lord.

Edmund: Good, because there’s nothing more likely to stop an inheritance than a thingy-shaped turnip.

Percy: Absolutely, Edmund. …but it was jolly funny! [laughs more]

Edmund: Yes, yes, yes…

Baldrick: I found it particularly ironic, My Lord, because I’ve got
a thingy that’s shaped like a turnip!

Edmund: Yes, all right…

Baldrick: I’m quite … at parties…

Edmund: [not interested] are you…

Baldrick: Yeah — I hide in the vegetable rack and frighten the children. “

12 Georgie { 05.17.13 at 2:32 pm }

Roflmao CB.

Hi Calliegirl, good to see you too.

13 Culinary Boner { 05.17.13 at 3:38 pm }

Yes Uncle Ernie, I’m sure you are…

14 Stacey { 05.17.13 at 7:24 pm }

This show is Feckin gross. Why do I have to see penis surgeries on my living room? Why does anyone want to see that?

15 Stacey { 05.17.13 at 7:29 pm }

RR my comments keep disappearing :(

16 Culinary Boner { 05.17.13 at 9:58 pm }

Finally revealed. The shocking true reason* why ‘Embarrassing Bodies’ is going Downunder, rather than across the pond to the US of A….introducing US case study no. 1, Freakshow:

* Other than the obvious pun potential of *snigger* ‘going Downunder’, the massive risk of law suits plus Christian Right boycotts once they work out what a ‘labia’ is.