House Rules – Repeating Episodes This Weekend

It is not news that SEVEN must be worried about the ratings that House Rules received this week. It has got good reviews however they just can’t seem to get the eye balls on the screen.

Their strategy this weekend is to replay the first three episodes to see if they can get some viewers to tune into the important reveal episode on Monday night.  The first episode was repeated last night at 8.30pm, the second episode will be at 2pm today (Saturday) and the third episode at 11.00am Sunday.

House Rules sees a house renovated in one week and in the end the winner will receive not only a renovated house but also their mortgage paid off. No small prize considering some of the contestants will have $500,000 plus mortgages.

The show is fine as renovations shows go the pace is fast and their are some mini-dramas. Maybe one of the issues is that out of the the teams there are not a lot that the viewer can warm to. This might change as we get to know them better and learn more about them.

1 seepi { 05.18.13 at 12:13 pm }

I think good realisty tv shows fail becuase you need to watch evey week to understand the couples/ the nuances, the drama etc.

So if people miss the first few, or too many later on , they lose the connection and lose interest. whereas the Block is so simple in premise, everyone is used to how it works, nad they go so slowly and explain everything 3 times that you can just tune in to one episode now and then.

so unfortunately mediocracy wins out.

2 brain dead dave { 05.18.13 at 1:31 pm }

In SA ,there are two hours worth of encores of this beginning at 12.30 pm.

3 Lisa { 05.18.13 at 1:54 pm }

I’m watching now. It’s good – better than the block because its faster paced with no boring challenges.
I may switch during the week if I can convince teh husband.

4 Anna { 05.18.13 at 2:13 pm }

Might tune in next week, should really pre tape, but not sure if I can be bothered watching it later …

Was watching Sex In the Cityre runs last night & lost count as to how many times I saw MC commercials… Must be starting as soon as loser ends

SYTYCD is coming back soon

Saw a promo for Eurovision … Bonny Tyler is one of the finalists, didn’t realise she needs Eurovision to make a re entry.

Cannot see her winning as some if the young competitors will blow her out if the water.

5 Littlepetal { 05.18.13 at 4:13 pm }

MC is starting at 7.30pm on June 3

6 Gabby { 05.18.13 at 4:58 pm }

Cheers Littlepetal. Wont come quick enough.

7 Anna { 05.18.13 at 6:04 pm }

Gaby, how long will it take for you to want to throttle the judges? lol

8 sjm { 05.18.13 at 6:40 pm }

I think a lot of people just don’t really want another renovation show. The Block has some history but launching a new one at the moment is suicide, especially with a pretty crowded reality schedule. The market for cooking shows is much bigger.

9 Gabby { 05.18.13 at 6:48 pm }

I know Anna, but it’s all part of the fun isn’t it? Gives us something to whinge about. It’s all a bit too quiet at the moment. When you think of what it was like during the thick of MKR. Come on, bring it on, I’m bored.

10 Anna { 05.18.13 at 7:08 pm }

sjm, i agree, but a lot of people may not. Even cooking shows are getting boring

11 Anna { 05.18.13 at 7:12 pm }

Gabby, I know!!! Even the crappiest reality TV show takes my mind of my daily life, it’s a good thing. Whinging about crap TV is therapeutic…

Then again, I’ll be screaming at bouncing GC (he is beyond irritating) and of course throwing something at TV when Jowlsy will start treating audience as if we are morons & explaining things 100 times LOL

12 Kess { 05.18.13 at 7:21 pm }

Excellent, I caught just enough to explain how this thing works, now I can flip between this and the cement block.
Now I know it’s not that complicated, quite like the way this works.

But if it does flop, somebody should just do a Aussie 60 Minute Make-over. This is a bit like a giant version of that.
Really with either of the reno shows, I will watch the beginning of each new task and the end result. I’m not interested in their struggles and all the confused mess.

13 Gabby { 05.18.13 at 7:46 pm }

I’ll tell you what gives me the irates the most about George, when he is dividing up the food. For goodness sake, could he take any longer, I feel like throwing whatever I can grab at the TV, he drives me insane. Why we have to watch every moment of every meal being shared out by him is beyond my wildest comprehension. They do it every single time.

14 Anna { 05.18.13 at 8:06 pm }

Gabby, so many things irate me about him

1. his bopping
2. hands in pockets
3. his leering at female contestants
4. his table manners
5. always going for the bigger portion
6. cutlery holding skills (when my 9yo was little, she did a better job then him, I corrected her one time & she remembered)

I’m sure more will come to mind as soon as the show starts lol

15 Anna { 05.19.13 at 8:35 am }

Just love ch7!! They’ve announced the winner of the Eurovision at 8.30am

16 Gabby { 05.19.13 at 10:36 am }

Anna, I have noticed a few of these traits but I will be watching out for the others you have mentioned. I cannot abide bad table manners. We are teaching our three year old his table manners now, never too young. I remember on one MC I saw Gary lick his knife, I shuddered in disgust.

17 Anna { 05.19.13 at 10:41 pm }

Gabby, kids are good… Most will do as are told especially if you correct them now & again

My little nighbour usually got things first go unless her idiot mother interfered … Things like coughing into your arm, she told bubba off for getting jumper dirty… It’s better to spread the germs right??

My list of George pet peeves is super long lol