Celebrity Apprentice – Another One Fired And Peter Picked On Again

Celebrity Apprentice continued and compared to last week’s episode it was all pretty tame  with no fights, threats to quit.

But without the drama and the boy team being back together meant Peter Everett being bullied and side lined by the alpha males was highlighted. I have written about this before in this blog post.

He feels his team mates don’t listen to him, but they think he dithers and adds nothing of value. Also they feel his celebrity is not as big as theirs. In the board room Prue told him to stand up for himself and to be a role model for all the others being bullied out there. I note she did not tell the alpha males to be decent human beings.

The challenge was to make a live 90 second commercial to be performed at half time at a Sydney FC match.

Kym Johnston was told she was project manager of the girls team and Rob Mills was project manager for the boys team.

At dress rehearsals they were both told their ads were awful. With Deborah Thomas worried they would actually damage the brand.

In the end the boys won and Peter Everett looked relieved I would have thought he would want to get out of there.

The girls were quite happy to throw each other under a bus. Kym did not have control of the brief, Roxy for being a dominating bitch, and Layla started tearing up when told she does not bring as many skills to the team as the others. What does she bring? In fact she is flying under the radar and never has to do the more responsible tasks in a challenge.

Layla told Mark Bouris she should have addressed this on the day, but maybe this was Stephanie’s way of letting Layla know she was not happy that she was sleeping with her ex-boyfriend Quade Cooper.

In the end Kym brought back in Roxy and Layla into the board room. They were never going to fire Roxy, Layla started weeping so Kym was fired.

Celebrity Apprentice Australia on Tuesday nights at 8.00pm.

1 Tickled Pink { 05.22.13 at 11:37 am }

I LOVE the drama on this show
however I can’t help but feel sorry for Peter he seems so genuine and nice I hope he wins.
I thought Layla should have been fired last night.. she just brings nothing to the team.

2 Georgie { 05.22.13 at 11:40 am }

Layla has the style, presence and intellect of a big soft cushion. Surprised she’s still there really.

3 Sandii { 05.22.13 at 11:41 am }

I am feeling really uncomfortable with watching this show and in particular the way that Peter is being treated and portrayed. Have we forgotten that Peter is a person first and foremost and a celebrity that appears to do lots for charity on his own. I haven’t seen much of rob mills before but I certainly don’t like what I see about him.

4 brain dead dave { 05.22.13 at 11:59 am }

Layla should have been fired for sure. Unless there’s going to be a Yellow Brick Road wet t-shirt competition, what is she going to do?

5 2ndhand { 05.22.13 at 12:07 pm }

Sure, Layla does not appear to be bringing much to the show – but WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?????? Don’t think her 15 minutes of fame from being on Big Brother catapaults her to celebrity status, certainly when compared to the pulling power of Fenech, Fraser, et al – not to mention the giant egos of the others who don’t have as much recognition as the real celebs. Surely this would have been taken into account when putting her on the show in the first place. Feel sorry for her (was never a fan before) as I can’t for the life of me see what they expect her to do.
Roxy never ceases to amaze me at her constant domination of everyone and everything around her. Time someone told her to shut up methinks. Of course, she would probably tell them not to interrupt. Prison time for hubby might come as a welcome relief – (meow).

6 Stacey { 05.22.13 at 12:13 pm }

I was really surprised that Layla wasn’t fired last night. They focused on her a lot throughout the episode which usually means that person is going. I think her and Kym are similar in the sense that they are strong but not leaders, and Kym was the worst project manager so far. I can’t see Layla taking charge when it comes to her week although hope she does.

Ive noticed Steph is always in the middle of the cattiness and is the first to throw somebody under the bus in the boardroom each week.

7 PollyB { 05.22.13 at 12:23 pm }

I haven’t watched this ep yet. Last week I missed the end and waited till I could watch it later in the week, but this week I’ve come here to see who was fired. I’m disappointed in this series. The bit I have seen of this ep of Prue yelling at Peter to stand up for himself comes across as bullying itself. As I said I haven’t watched this ep yet, but I’m sure Layla probably should have been fired. She is not a celebrity and doesn’t bring anything. Although, she does get ‘big’ words explained for her so perhaps there are some children receiving some educational value.

8 Culinary Boner { 05.22.13 at 12:33 pm }

I’m sure Layla’s only there because of the visual appeal of her Cooper Scoopers.

9 Christina { 05.22.13 at 12:50 pm }

I think the right person was actually fired. Although it was a pretty hard task for the lovely Kym, but she did unfortunately blow it. Roxy, although extremely grating and a bit of a selfish bully, did actually help save the task. And Layla needs to have her chance at PM to get a fair judgement.

The task itself seemed unfair – not enough time to plan and practice…and although I agree with the outcome the judging seemed non-existent. What was the criteria and there should have been other judges.

Peter is brilliant. Silly boys.

10 Andrea { 05.22.13 at 3:40 pm }

I love Peter and I think the boys treat him so badly, making him look like an idiot and Rob Mills always has a smirk on his face when talking about him.
I thought K would be the one to go as she needed help to organize the cheer leading routine. She was the obvious one to go as she’s not really all that well known compared to Layla who probably still has a following.
It will be interesting to see how Layla goes when she is project manager.
Next week I hope the teams are mixed again instead of boys versus girls.

11 Culinary Boner { 05.22.13 at 4:09 pm }

“Rob Mills always has a smirk on his face” – well noted Andrea.

I’ve always thought Mills – who wasted most of his 15 minutes of fame rooting Paris Hilton – was a very two dimensional character. A smirk. And a dick. And little else.

12 Culinary Boner { 05.22.13 at 4:18 pm }
13 Stacey { 05.22.13 at 5:55 pm }

Millsy was hot in Underbelly Razor, he seems to have kept the 20’s look a bit. But he is the worst when it comes to Peter.

Andrea I love your new name! Agree with the smirking. And he always makes this weird duck face when hes being told off by principal Bouris like a naughty schoolboy in a bowtie.

14 Andrea { 05.22.13 at 8:43 pm }

Yes I agree Stacey and CB regarding Millsy, I used to like him but he seems to have shown his true colours now.

Glad you like my “new” name Stacey, it is my real name before I shortened it to A.P which I was getting sick of , and after all the trouble I decided to go back to my original name I started with on RR.
Is Stacey your real name?

15 Stacey { 05.22.13 at 8:46 pm }

Sure is! I remember when you uses to be Andy Pandy too :)

16 Andrea { 05.22.13 at 8:50 pm }

Thanks Stacey, I really needed a change.
Hope your wedding plans are going okay.

17 Max { 05.22.13 at 9:02 pm }

I think Roxy would have been a toy snatcher and a bully as a child.
I hope perfumed steam-roller isn’t meant to be a compliment.
I don’t agree with Mr Bouris’s tendency to favour the bullies over those who do as they are asked under leadership.

18 Carole { 05.22.13 at 9:22 pm }

I thought Layla should have been fired. She is a fish out of water and not really suited to this show. Of all the Big Brother contestants, she was the wrong one, she has no business sense whatsoever and not to be mean, but she is really dumb. And I don’t know how she will be as project manager, trying to keep Prue and Roxy in line. As f0r Steph having a problem with Layla going out with her ex-boyfriend, she needs to get over it. She went out with him 2 years ago, does she expect him to never have another girlfriend ever? Layla has said a few times in magazines she doesn’t understand it either.

As for bloody Prue MacSween telling Peter to stand up to the bullies, he actually tried to a few times, but they just overruled him or ignored him. Bouris was just as bad. I agree with RR, they should be telling the others to stop bullying him, they are the ones in the wrong. They didn’t seem as bad last week, but maybe we just didn’t see it.

As for Deborah Thomas saying when she saw the practice run of the ad and was worried they would destroy the brand. Well what do they bloody expect, they were given a night and day to come up with an ad. It takes ad executives months to come up with good ads. It would have been his fault, not theirs.

19 Andrea { 05.22.13 at 9:25 pm }

True Max, Channel 9 seems to have a habit of rewarding bullies on these shows as in the case of Ben in BB.
I’d love to see Peter win this one, he tries so hard to be a team player.

20 Stacey { 05.22.13 at 9:59 pm }

Thanks Andrea just been working flat out.

Now that Mr. Bouris has said that this season is all about the money we know Layla is for sure goneskies next week. And after the boardroom tears I’m expecting some kind of ramifications with Steph.

21 Rob { 05.22.13 at 10:08 pm }

I too missed last night’s episode, but I am just not enjoying this season. Do we have to see all the ‘nice’ folks being fired? And continue to watch bullies just because they have money-pulling power. The whole show is just a plug for Yellow Brick Road, and it isn’t fun any more.

22 mahlia { 05.23.13 at 10:57 am }

I think Peter would be annoying

23 Nikki { 05.23.13 at 5:06 pm }

I’m curious – do people agree that Peter isn’t a big of a celebrity as the other boys?

It’s just I find him to be quite a recognizable face even though I’ve never watched any of his shows. Much more so than any of the other men that are left with the exception of Rob Mills, and that’s because I watched Idol during the time he was on it.

I was surprised during the first task when I read that Jeff Fenech had put himself as the most famous male because I’d never heard of him however I just figured it was because I know very little about boxing.

24 Culinary Boner { 05.23.13 at 5:46 pm }

Nikki, Fenech was a class boxer (but a very average rugby league player*) and deserves credit and acknowledgement for being one of the best boxers Australia has produced: “During his career, Jeff had 32 fights for a total of 28 wins (21 by knockout), one draw and three losses.”
* He played some reserve grade for the Parramatta eels in the early 1990s.

However, in terms of reality TV viewing, he’s an A-grade boofhead with a high annoyance factor and along with his older female equivalent, Dawn Fraser, is the primary reason why I haven’t bothered to watch Celeb Apprentice this year, despite really enjoying previous seasons.

25 Andrea { 05.24.13 at 5:27 pm }

CB, I did not know Jeff Fenech used to play reserve grade for the Eels, very interesting.
We’ve always followed the Eels but finding out about Jeff playing for them doesn’t make me like him any better unfortunately.

26 brain dead dave { 05.24.13 at 5:40 pm }

Jeff Fenech threw one of the best dummy spits after losing a boxing match I’ve ever seen in Australian sport. I’ll always cherish that.

I hope he’s a little more gracious when Mr Bouris delivers him the knockout punch.

27 brain dead dave { 05.24.13 at 6:12 pm }

Geez, Mick Gatto, John Ibrahim, Mike Tyson. I never knew Jeff Fenech had such”heavy” friends. No wonder Mr Bouris won’t fire him.

28 Reality Raver { 05.28.13 at 11:09 pm }

What I find amusing/bizarre is that people that have been negative about the blog and its commenters have a very good knowledge of it. If you don’t like it don’t read. Every time you click the link it improves my stats. Just back away from the computer and go to a place that is going to make you happier.

29 Nat { 06.05.13 at 10:29 am }

The treatment of Peter has been absolutely deplorable, to the point that I am not watching the show any more. I’ve always enjoyed the show in the past, but I could not get over the nastiness of some of the situations towards him. The bullying behaviour from the other guys was targeted, persistent and completely thoughtless. I have no respect for any of the other guys there now, some who I used to like but not since they have shown themselves to be such complete arseholes.

30 Andrea { 06.05.13 at 11:06 am }

Poor Peter, I was so sad to see him gone last night, he tried his best and the others were still bad mouthing him and saying he can’t take the pressure etc, maybe he’s better off out of it.
Why did Dawn have to blame him for taking the memory card out of the camera? He probably never thought to look.
You would think they would think of a different challenge as the “Aussie Bum” one has been done before with Pauline Hanson posing.