Masterchef Australia – The Monikers They Have Been Given May Need To Be Tweaked

The Masterchef publicity machine is starting to crank up and in today’s Sunday Telegraph there was a small article in the Sunday Telegraph about the contestant who has been given the moniker of ’50’s housewife.

What I did find amusing is in fact she is divorce, and is now in a lesbian relationship something that would have been quite hidden in the 1950’s. Props to Masterchef Australia for again showcasing diversity but maybe they should have called Christina Batista Retro Domestic Goddess.

The article says:

And NSW competitor Christina Batista hopes her appearance on MasterChef Australia can have an impact on the same-sex marriage debate. Batista left her husband and the father of her two children for her lesbian lover, Kate.

“It was Kate’s idea for me to come on the show,” Batista tells us. ” She knows I’m an open book. Anything I have done in my life, I have made those choices.”

Batista says she doesn’t believe in regrets. “It would be really nice for the general public to see an alternative family and realise that we’re just the same as your standard nuclear family,” she said.

“The love that I have for Kate is just like the love that they would have for their husband or wife. I would absolutely love to be able to stand up there one day ad make my wedding vows in front of my family and friends.”

Batista also reveals her nine-year-old son Damian was diagnosed with autism just over a year ago.

The article also says almost half of the 22 contestant’s have faced personal hardship and tragedy. Another NSW contestant Vern Fitzgerald quit his job to care for his mother before she died of cancer in 2008.

A quick Google revealed an long forgotten Twitter account of Christina’s and I did have to laugh at this tweet and I bet she is hoping viewers won’t be saying this of her while they are watching the show.

1 Andrea { 05.28.13 at 7:09 pm }

You mean the “beautiful” scones made from the “beautiful” flour, the “beautiful” milk, “beautiful” butter, “beautiful” nana etc?

That annoys me more than anything with the contestants, they can’t think of any other descriptive word to use for their ingredients.

2 Culinary Boner { 05.28.13 at 7:48 pm }

Back so soon? Ritzy hotels. And class as well, anon?
Spiffing, anon, spiffing, jolly good show, let’s have a sing along with Bertie, shall we?…

3 Anonymous { 05.28.13 at 7:59 pm }

culinary bones – jealousy is a curse isn’t it you old fart/

4 Culinary Boner { 05.28.13 at 8:03 pm }

the troll bites and *shock* turns nasty…
will now stop feeding the troll

5 Daisy { 05.28.13 at 8:20 pm }

I know he can stand on his own 2(?) feet and doesn’t need my help but I can’t work out why the hell anyone is having a go at CB.
He’s clever, funny and definitely one of my favourites. Also I have noticed he’s not mean. Sorry CB I’m painting you in too sweet a light.

6 Daisy { 05.28.13 at 8:24 pm }

And I thoroughly enjoyed the 47 ginger headed sailors. :)

7 Culinary Boner { 05.28.13 at 8:49 pm }

Daisy, glad you enjoyed the Bertie and Jeeves interlude.

I have to thank anon for reminding me about this fabulous show –
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098833/ – as I will I now have a pressie to ask Mrs Boner and kids for. Hopefully, the ABC Shop, the dreaded Gen Y equivalent of a nursing home smack bang in middle of our gangsta-infested Westfield mall, has a copy.

Given the flagging memory of this “old fart” I hope perhaps anon can stay on this site as a sort of ‘pet’ to remind us oldies of some of the quality old-school stuff out there in popular culture land.

Like a piece of grit in an oyster, anon, perhaps you’ll bring some pearls onto this site yet.

Keep up the good work… or as Mr Grace would say as he falls into the arms of the impossible buxom nurse, “You’ve done very well!”

8 Reality Raver { 05.28.13 at 10:46 pm }

Culinary Boner – you managed to piss CD off yesterday and now you attracted another anonymous critic. Two in two days rather unusual and probably set a record for you.

Anonymous – seriously you are also creating a record for not talking about reality TV which indicates that is not really the reason you are on the blog.

9 Anna { 05.28.13 at 11:27 pm }

Just saw a promo for MC on the news… Pink & Blue Aprons?? Really $hine?? Do you think viewers cannot tell the difference between males & females??

This season might be the straw that breaks the camels back or is it cash cows back?

10 brain dead dave { 05.30.13 at 2:11 am }

Der. The real bdd knows the difference between “to” and “too”.

11 Culinary Boner { 05.30.13 at 7:06 am }

Flattered though I am by fake bbd’s conjecture, apart from Ms Raver being out of my league, Karen Martini is the only woman who gives me the horn now that Ajay has spiralled further into the depths of LA-irrelevancy and desperation.

When will TAFE put on short social media how-to course on ‘Grammar and Spelling for Trolls and Email Spammers’? Must write to my local MP and suggest Centrelink look into this.

12 Izobel2 { 05.30.13 at 7:13 am }

That would be the YOUNG Mr Grace, Boner!

13 Daisy { 05.30.13 at 8:40 am }

Culinary, he/she called you are bloger. Anyone old enough to have ‘partys’ at the Ritz should know how to spell parties.
LOL. :)
Sorry but the spelling is too cringeworthy. Stop commenting and go and do your English home work pleeeeeease.

14 Daisy { 05.30.13 at 8:42 am }

Oh dear. The Australian education system is a worry.

15 Littlepetal { 05.30.13 at 8:47 am }

Daisy, you need to work harder but you should be all right as WA has a better education system

16 Daisy { 05.30.13 at 8:54 am }

Yes Littlepetal, I should work harder. Not sure about our our ed system though.

17 Anna { 05.30.13 at 9:55 am }

It’s partay lol

18 Daisy { 05.30.13 at 10:40 am }

LOL Anna.

19 Georgie { 05.30.13 at 6:20 pm }

The fact that the person whose spelling was being questioned, had posted a comment ‘impersonating’ another blogger doesn’t count for anything then? That was pathetic and made them fair game for a drubbing IMO.

20 Georgie { 05.30.13 at 6:57 pm }

Oh dear,the ‘Anonymous’ comment before mine has been deleted and now I’m sitting out there like a shag on a rock, going on about nothing as usual.

21 brain dead dave { 05.30.13 at 7:01 pm }

No worries ,Georgie. I saw what the Anonymous troll drooled while it lasted and boy , they’d be out of their depth in a birdbath.

22 Littlepetal { 05.30.13 at 7:06 pm }

I saw that too, Georgie. I know what you were talking about.

23 Georgie { 05.30.13 at 7:12 pm }

Thanks guys.

24 Andrea { 05.30.13 at 7:19 pm }

Wish I had seen it Georgie, you would have handled it fine, I’m sure.

25 brain dead dave { 05.30.13 at 7:35 pm }

Rubbish, Peter.You’re a CD coffin chaser that can’t think for yourself …and a mediocre troll.

26 Gabby { 05.30.13 at 7:41 pm }

Hi Nanaliz and TechH, are you still out there? Just wanted to say hi and hope you are ok. Hi :)

27 Reality Raver { 05.30.13 at 7:54 pm }

Apologies Georgie and BDD I best remove your two comments as well as it now does not make sense.

28 Georgie { 05.30.13 at 7:59 pm }

RR there’s about six involved in mine now so you may as well leave it. I understand why you deleted the other two though. :-)

29 david zitting { 10.15.13 at 6:30 am }

As the interest rate is 6 percent, the losses. Provides refunds according to the symptoms you are trying to shore up
confidence in the bank will repurchase $6.

My weblog: david zitting