The Biggest Loser Final On Tonight And Richard Is Not Happy

The Biggest Loser finale is on tonight and the finalists are Richard and Amber, Gerald and Todd and Robyn and Kate.

It would be great to see the green team win as they have come across as the nicest but maybe Robyn was the smartest.

Richard has been giving out reality TV gold quotes this week in the gossip magazines and that is what makes reality TV contestants sometimes more interesting then the host and judges of the show.

In the Women’s Day he spoke about how the way he was portrayed on the show has resulted in online hate see previous blog post on that here. However now I have the hard copy in my hands he also states has more to say.

The article states:

Richard claims the show is “100 per cent fake” – from the moment producers covered his family coffee table in fast food, to refilming scenes because the team was “too happy”. While they expected that, to a degree, he says, “We couldn’t escape.

“The whole series is more of a game show than a catalyst for changing generational obesity.”

He is being a bit unfair, obviously he out of all the contestants this season would be aware of what The Biggest Loser is like and how reality TV works. In fact he used it as a game by creating alliances to get as far as he could. But on the plus side he has also lost a third of his body weight as has Amber. He should be insisting that Shine/TEN give Amber some ongoing psychological support to assist her with transitioning from the show and dealing with the online negativity.

He also weighed in on the Michelle Bridges and Commando affair in New Idea saying:

“It was obvious from back in mid-January, not long after we moved into Camp Biggest Loser, that there was a serious spark between them,” says salesman Richard, 46.

“From week three all the contestants noticed Michelle and Commando giggling and whispering together. It was serious come-to-bed eyes – from both of them.’

However, it was later in the series, Richard says, that the behaviour between the pair really steamed up and Michelle has confirmed her relationship with Steve turned romantic during that time.

“After the makeover episodes, Michelle was getting into the white wine. She and Commando were supposed to be meeting our families but she, Steve and his oldest daughter left together, without telling anyone,’ notes Richard, whose daughter Amber backs up the claims.

Michelle and The Commando’s decision to leave their partners doesn’t shock Richard.

‘There was something there early on, Michelle and Steve were always very quick to leave set – together. On the way to NZ, they sat huddled next to one and another while Shannan [Ponton] sat on his own. They’d sit together whenever we drove anywhere and they were contstantly giggling and flirting. I’ve got no doubt that this thing between them has been going on for a while.”

Woman’s Day also has an article on Michelle Bridge’s first husband and to be honest there was nothing too interesting in it go to the web page to read an excerpt.

What is interesting is just how big a story the Commando/Michelle Bridges romance is I certainly did not realise it. Maybe if they had admitted it weeks ago the story would have been done and dusted now but maybe that was the point to generate some continuing publicity.

The Biggest Loser finale on TEN tonight at 7.30pm.

1 Weeezza { 05.28.13 at 12:40 pm }

Last night’s episode was gold and showed there is such a thing as karma.
Hopefully, Richard being bitter means he didn’t win.

2 Tickled Pink { 05.28.13 at 12:49 pm }

I thought for sure the orange team would vote strategically and vote out the green team, it was a real shock. It’s nice to know they voted with their heart and didn’t follow the despicable light blue team. The green team deserve to win, however I think the orange team win.

3 Littlepetal { 05.28.13 at 1:59 pm }

As long as the team with the highest percentage weight loss win, I am happy. If the blue team can produce the miracle, I will say they deserve to win but I can’t see that happening.

4 Andrea { 05.28.13 at 2:24 pm }

I already mentioned the New Idea story in the “Shagging ” post earlier RR, it certainly is interesting to hear what went on behind the scenes isn’t it?
I was okay with the pink team going as I never liked Kirsten’s attitude towards her mother.
So pleased the green team got through, they did it the hard way having never been under the line until now. I really hope they win.
I noticed that King Richard mentioned the money again over and over again and tried his best to tell the orange team how to vote, lickily they didn’t listen to him.

5 Reality Raver { 05.28.13 at 2:31 pm }

Andrea – I know you guys are quicker off the mark then me and made me hot foot to the shops to buy both mags this week both are reality TV fiestas. And yes I love hearing what goes on behind the screens.

6 Andrea { 05.28.13 at 2:37 pm }

I have no life RR, I buy New Idea every week without fail for years now LOL!

7 Regina G { 05.28.13 at 3:04 pm }

I don’t understand how king richard is surprised about his portrayal ? He claims to be smart, guess it was not so smart to act like a ‘Richard’ on National TV. Ratings or not. He had to have said those things in the first place for them to be edited, pretty sure they don’t do voice over dubbing. As for Commando and Michelle, doesnt faze me one ay or the other, they have alot in common, spend alot of time together, so what if they both left their partners??? That stuff happens everyday in real life, why should they be immune? Let them go i say, its sad for any marriage or partnership to break up but reality is, it happens every day.

8 Littlepetal { 05.28.13 at 3:04 pm }

Why is it only Richard has the goss on Michelle and Commando? I would love to hear from the other contestants. We know Richard would do anything for money.

9 LB { 05.28.13 at 3:10 pm }

LittlePetal, I would love to know if Richard has been paid for these “interviews”. Pretty sure he would have – can’t imagine that he would give up these golden nuggets for free!

10 Littlepetal { 05.28.13 at 3:17 pm }

LB- Unfortunately I don’t believe what Richard has to say. He was so arrogant that he has been on the BL facebook page bragging that he is in the finale way before it was shown on Tele. His wife was there as well defending themselves against all the negative comments about Amber and Richard.

11 bron { 05.28.13 at 3:17 pm }

last night was the BEST. seeing richard’s slapped ass face when robyn kept in the green team was beautiful

also, rr, adro is whining about the biggest loser retreat http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/biggest-loser-fat-farm-irks-winner-adro-sarnelli/story-e6frg6n6-1226650912030

12 LB { 05.28.13 at 3:24 pm }

LittlePetal, that is what I meant when I was wondering if Richard was paid – people are liable to embellish the truth liberally when there is money involved.

Bron, that made me nearly spit coffee out laughing with your description of Richard’s face!!

13 Anna { 05.28.13 at 3:26 pm }

Why TBL is bad for us, former trainer speaks out

Michelle’s ego knows no bounds “As Bridges told Sunday Life last August, ‘I can tap into women’s body issues because I understand them; the way women check each other out, the way they will self-sabotage. It’s a lot of psychology.’

14 Littlepetal { 05.28.13 at 3:28 pm }

I know what you mean, LB :). That is why I said Richard would do anything for money.

15 bron { 05.28.13 at 3:41 pm }

incase anyone was curious, here’s a recent picture of amber

i need to do something productive with my life…

16 brain dead dave { 05.28.13 at 10:16 pm }

The King has left the building….with $10, 000. No wonder he’s dirty.

17 Anna { 05.28.13 at 10:42 pm }

Dave, who won?? Couldn’t bring myself to watch it. Haven’t watched at all this season

18 brain dead dave { 05.28.13 at 10:47 pm }

Spoiler here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Orange Team 1st`$25o,ooo
Green Team 2nd -$30,000
King Dick 3rd -$10,000.

19 Dr T { 05.29.13 at 12:47 am }

I’m visiting with family, and watched the final tonight. Having come on here, and seeing Edward’s article with Meade (first link from bron@16), you would have to be worried about the people on the show. The fact the show is pushing unrealistic weight loss goals remains worrying.

Having seen the show, I want to get working on my weight again, but there is no way that anyone could sustain that kind of rapid weight loss in every day life. I top the scales at 106kg, but have been able to run 1/2 marathons at that weight. Having had a forced break from jogging/running, and coming back only being able to do 4-5kg at present (fitness issue, not because of weight) – I can see how many people would start having seen the show, but then give up because it is all too hard.

I’d be interested to know what the “real world” effect of this show is in terms of gym memberships and their use or some other tangible outcome to see if it really has any effect, or if it is all spin. I think the overweight/obese people who see the show and start exercising are likely to have done it anyway at some point in time – they were mentally primed to get going on their weight control journey in any event (moving from the contemplation to action stage)

20 Andrea { 05.29.13 at 7:39 am }

It was a shame the green team didn’t win, they only missed out by a little bit.
Still, the orange team deserved it too so good on them, they had the chance to vote out the green team but didn’t so good on them!
So sad (not) for King Richard poor thing!

21 Joseph Skyrim { 05.29.13 at 8:16 am }

Argh! So close Green team – so close, I really wanted them to win too but good karma for the Orange team works for me too. :)