Celebrity Apprentice – And Who Is Fighting This Week

You need a lithograph to work out who is fighting with whom on Celebrity Apprentice Australia each week. By the end of the series no one will be talking to anyone.

This week it was the two Olympians, Dawn Fraser and Stephanie Rice, going head to head. Dawn did not think she was getting enough respect from Stephanie but to be fair to her she was lumped with both Jeff and Dawn in a the Blackberry phone challenge Β both who know nothing about technology.

Dawn does think her icon status gives her privileges but I think it was churlish of her saying she would beat Stephanie in the pool was taking it a bit too far. They were champions at different eras, different training and in different competitive environments.

Roxy Jacenko summed it up nicely when she said “How many times have we seen Jeff Fenech shadow boxing and how many times have we seen Dawn wrap an Australian flag around her shoulder”. However it worked Dawn’s team project managed by John Steffenson won.

Layla was the project manager for the other team, but actually Roxy helped her which she admitted. Layla’s positives is she is quite a good communicator even though her vocab is not as wide as others. Also she was smart to align herself in the series with Roxy who is one of the stronger contestants.

Layla also wanted to give Peter Everett a voice and let him host the evening which was nice of her. In hindsight that was probably not the wisest decision.

This was one of the reasons they lost. However it was Rob Mills that copped it in the board room. All his team mates hinted that Rob likes to be the centre of attention which was revealing, and it was a shock for him and the viewers at home when he was fired.

Celebrity Apprentice Australia on NINE on Tuesday nights at 8.00pm.

1 mkm { 05.29.13 at 2:22 pm }

I don’t like Millsy at all, he came across as an elitist bully, but I have no idea why he was the one fired last night – if anyone else does please let me know! Layla seemed to me to be the obvious pick or perhaps Peter due to his stumbling presentation.

2 TV { 05.29.13 at 3:02 pm }

I *think* Bouris made some comment about Rob not being ‘honest’ or something, in the boardroom….? Or maybe it was that he was only out for himself? Honestly I was expecting Pete to go, not that I wanted him to. And I am convinced Bouris has a HUGE crush on Layla, he lets her off every single time! So weird. I think Rob may have done his ‘brand’ a disservice by being on Celebrity Apprentice. I was really looking forward to watching him, being a fan since Idol. But his cattiness and ridiculous facial expressions really killed it for me.

3 brain dead dave { 05.29.13 at 3:16 pm }

Dawn might be able to beat Stephanie in the pool but it begs the question-

Who’d want to shag Dawn Fraser?

4 Sandii { 05.29.13 at 3:18 pm }

Did any one work out what Millsy was on about when he said “i should have said what was really going on” (or some random words to that effect). He also said that roxy and Layla had strategically planned to oust him

5 Andrea { 05.29.13 at 3:29 pm }

I wasn’t surprised Millsy was fired, he was arrogant, had a smirk on his face all the time, and constantly ridiculed Peter who is much more of a team player in my opinion.
It was funny seeing Roxy whispering into Layla’s ear who to choose for her team, she should have been told to make the decisions for her self.
I didn’t like how everyone was laughing at Peter as he was trying to do the hosting job and I thought it was very astute of Layla to say that it was easier for Rob to memorize the lines as he was the one who wrote them, compared to Peter who hadn’t seen them before and had to learn them quickly, good on Layla for sticking up for him.
Dawn is being a bit difficult to get on with I feel. I’m not really mad keen on Stephanie but she did seem to be trying to help Dawn with the technology and didn’t seem to be that disrespectful to her. Dawn then had to get it in that Stephanie never made it to her second Olympics and she could have beaten her.
There’s too many egos clashing here.

6 Bolders { 05.29.13 at 3:38 pm }

TV @2 – I think everyone has done themselves a disservice by being involved in this craptacular season and that includes Bouris.

Is it just me or was Bouris all over the place last night, hovering here, there with non-sequential thoughts and questions dropping randomly from his Thunderbirds- are- go-shaped lips.

Oh, yeah – I feel real confident with you and your yellow brick roaders advising me on financial investments.

Bouris, the celebritants (they act like spoiled debutants without a useful thought in their heads ) and the whole production is just daft.

And can someone tell Rocky to lay off the Morticia make up? The woman looks like she needs to be resucitated.

I had no idea one can buy foundation and lipstick in the shade of death.

7 Carole { 05.29.13 at 3:46 pm }

I was glad to see Millsy go, he has been horrible to Peter from the start and is just plain nasty. But I did think as Project Manager Layla would go, and was surprised when right off the bat Bouris told her she was safe. But it did really seem most of the time that Roxy was Project Manager, she just took over all the time. But Layla seemed to handle her better than others and they managed not to fight. Unlike her with Prue and Steph.

I think Dawn forgets what it was like to be young, she is a bit of a hypocrite, she was a real troublemaker in her younger days. I felt she was a bit unfair to Steph.

I didn’t agree with the winner, I thought the other team’s was better.

8 Andrea { 05.29.13 at 3:50 pm }

Carole, I agree with you, the other team’s presentation looked better to me, more exciting.

9 TV { 05.29.13 at 3:51 pm }

@Bolders

hahahahahahahahahahahahahha true :)

10 Daisy { 05.29.13 at 4:20 pm }

Bolders, yes I thought Mr Bouris was a bit all-over-the-shop too….a bit incoherent.

I also think he is so hot for Layla that she might win. At the very least she will be in the final 2 or 3.

Why are some contestants treating Pete like a child?

Dawn was belittling to Stephanie. How come she thinks respect doesn’t go both ways. Stephanie is just as entitled to respect as Dawn in my book.

11 brain dead dave { 05.29.13 at 4:26 pm }

Right now, he’s virtually Mr Boobris. Finance is the last thing on his mind.

12 Izobel2 { 05.29.13 at 4:36 pm }

I want to know why anyone would want to go on this show which is supposed to be a bit of fun whilst raising money for charity, when it seems like they’re always being sarcastic and negative and a bit mean to each other, whilst their ego’s are exploding all over the place!!

I didn’t like Dawn belittling Stephanie either Daisy, and I totally agree Stephanie is totally entitled to be respected also. PS I didn’t even realise that was you Daisy that wrote that! Don’t worry I TOTALLY respect you too :)

13 Daisy { 05.29.13 at 4:50 pm }

It’s mutual Izobel. LOL

No Doc Phil today!

14 Kess { 05.29.13 at 5:08 pm }

Jeepers Millsy, you dickhead – back to square one, and people had forgotten your a dickhead & let you move on to your musicals with a pardon, now withdrawn.

Dawn really is horrible. And she was another case of what we had forgotten & she very gradually actually got some respect.
Basically most of the generation who witnessed her worst are dead.

She was banned from swimming for Australia years for being a drunken bogan and doing something weird with our flag – isn’t that about it?
She was crude & rude. And she’s so friggin jealous of gorgeous Steph – is it all the young she hates?
And if I saw the winning team thing on TV I would flick it, the loser’s would intrigue me.

15 Daisy { 05.29.13 at 5:27 pm }

Kess, don’t know if she hates all the young but she seems to think they should all bow down. Not a humble Olympian.

16 Andrea { 05.29.13 at 5:28 pm }

I agree, Dawn is not like I thought she would be.

17 Daisy { 05.29.13 at 5:34 pm }

Andrea and Mr B reinforced her sense of entitlement to reverence.

18 Andrea { 05.29.13 at 5:51 pm }

Its funny how the tv viewers can see something that Mr B does not.

19 Christina { 05.29.13 at 6:29 pm }

I can’t understand why Peter didn’t defend himself and point out that he was the key person directing the video, talking to people and getting the shots…as the client said their video was the best! Yeah, they lost on presentation, partly his errors, but not helped by Rob’s criticism. In actual fact it was Roxy’s (and Layla as PM) decision not to give more narration (although Millsy’s narration script was snoozeville. They needed to have met in the middle. I also think it wa smart of Layla to use Roxy so much – the task wa in her field and a good manager knows how to play people’s strengths.

20 Georgie { 05.29.13 at 6:39 pm }

For me Dermott is turning out to be the snake in this lot. He stands there in the boardroom with all the feeling of a suit of armour. He’s already tall, but he seems to raise himself above his height and then looks down his nose at the rest of the contestants. I don’t feel he’s formed an alliance with anyone either and gives the impression no one else is worthy enough.

His dislike for Peter Everett is almost palpable and in the boardroom last night, after he’d thrown Pete under the bus yet again there was an interesting little exchange between the two that looked a tad uncomfortable. The winners had left the room and the losers were all seated at the table. Dermott was next to Pete and during an exchange between Pete and Mr Bouris, Pete put his hand on Dermott’s leg a couple of times. The look of discomfort on Dermott’s face spoke volumes and his reaction was to move his hand across the edge of the table toward Peter, in a gesture that said “DON’T touch me thank you”.

As far as Pete is concerned, I get the feeling he’s going through some sort of personal crisis that is undermining his confidence. He appears to be constantly dithering and nervous, like he’s lost his mojo and that’s the vibe others are picking up. Maybe that’s why he’s getting sidelined – they don’t want to put too much pressure on him.

21 Daisy { 05.29.13 at 7:06 pm }

Yes Georgie, I wonder why Pete is so lacking in self-confidence; so timid. He did do a good job on the visuals.

22 Gabby { 05.29.13 at 7:13 pm }

Georgie @ 20 I noticed exactly what you did, where Dermit pushed Pete’s hand away, and I thought it was ever such a rude gesture. I think Dermit is well and truly up himself. Layla was no fool picking Roxy first up and then proceeding to listen to every word she had to say and following it exactly, otherwise she would not have had a clue where to begin.

23 Georgie { 05.29.13 at 7:44 pm }

Roxy is savvy for sure and Layla might have used that to her advantage last night, but I get the feeling Mr Bouris isn’t too impressed. I just wish she’d STFU occasionally and Boofhead Fenech needs one more biff.

24 Littlepetal { 05.29.13 at 7:54 pm }

I think Layla just let Roxy run the show. She is like Roxy’s puppet. Can’t see Mr B fire Roxy.

25 Littlepetal { 05.29.13 at 8:55 pm }
26 Littlepetal { 05.29.13 at 9:00 pm }

Rob Mills suggested his former team-mate Roxy Jacenko is using shameless tactics in order to win.

The former Idol star added that the “savvy business woman” has some shameless tactics to get contestants rallying behind her.
“Roxy walks in every morning with gift bags for everyone she likes. I’m not saying they’re bribes – but are they?”

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/rob-mills-shock-celebrity-apprentice-exit-is-roxy-jacenko-bribing-contestants/story-e6frfmyi-1226652978952#ixzz2Ug7UVasP

27 Andrea { 05.29.13 at 9:27 pm }

Littlepetal, thanks for both those links, it was an interesting read, sounds like those celebrities have bruised egos!

28 Bolders { 05.29.13 at 11:08 pm }

Georgie I like that Dermit isn’t willing to play the game.

Take the five bucks in fees and run I say!

29 Christina { 05.29.13 at 11:48 pm }

I didn’t notice that about Dermot, however had seen in recent weeks him hanging up on Pete with the boys. What I did notice about last night which shocked me was that he had just given a speech about teamwork and then when Mr Bouris asked who he would fire he said Pete! If you were truly a team player wouldn’t say someone from the other team?! πŸ˜‰

30 mkm { 05.30.13 at 8:13 am }

Thanks TV @2 for the explanation, makes more sense now. Also agree 100% with Bolders & Kess, I cannot think of 1 celebrity who has come off with a better reputation after this show. – except perhaps Layla?

31 Sandii { 05.30.13 at 8:49 am }

Thanks little petal, your links answered both my questions @4

32 Gabby { 05.30.13 at 10:23 am }

Littlepetal, as usual great links, thanks.

33 Bolders { 05.30.13 at 11:05 am }

Kess @ 14 this “She was banned from swimming for Australia years for being a drunken bogan and doing something weird with our flag ”

had me snorting. Well done sir.

34 Stacey { 05.30.13 at 12:37 pm }

I was impressed with Layla is PM. I wouldve done it exactly the same way and made sure I had Roxy on my team. And is it just me or is she just about the only one who has not gotten on Roxys bad side? She knew how to use everyone on her team to their strengths – Roxy’s PR/business mind and Rob and Peter’s entertainment skills.

Having said that there is really something up with Peter Everrit. He has really lost his charm in front of the camera hosting-wise. 800+ live shows? You’d never know by watching last night.

And I don’t particularly like Stephanie Rice at all but I am 100% behind her and not Dawn. It would’ve been extremely difficult for her to baby Dawn and Jeff all day with the camera phones. Dawn tried to out Stephanie in the boardroom but there was nothing to out. Steph did the job.

It’s funny how no one cries bullying when it comes from the “legend” Dawn Fraser. What she said about Steph at the Olympics was very unsportsmanlike.

35 Christina { 05.30.13 at 9:01 pm }

And in Steph’s defence….Jeff, her PM, really wasn’t giving very clear instructions on what pictures and video he wanted. I think one sentence was quite ambiguous – something like get people without showing people?! LOL

36 sarnias { 05.31.13 at 1:07 am }

The thing is, Mr Bourffhead, says he wants, sorry, DEMANDS honesty in the boardroom. Millsy was all over the place like a mad woman’s shit, trying to protect everyone plus himself and his ego, so when he was arseholed he was like “dammit wish i had been more honest and said what i really thought.” Well, yeh, millsy, too little too late, whilst covering everyone else’s arse you left your own khyber exposed. No sympathy from me. Ya had ya chance to tell it like it was but ya didn’t – FIRED !

37 VioletsRBlue { 05.31.13 at 3:37 pm }

Dawn Fraser is a bitch and I dont care what sport achievements she had. As a human being she is mean, rude and egomaniac. She demands respect!? Well people dont get it just because they are old, rich or famous, they get it because they are generous and kind human beings, concept clearly not known to Dawn.

38 Daisy { 06.01.13 at 10:48 am }

Stacey, I agree. think Layla has an abilty to ‘fit in’ to with and adapt to various types of people and groups.
I liked her and didn’t like her on BB but now I don’t mind her. I mean if I have to hate her, I’d have to hate everyone because she’s not really a bitch is she?
Queen Dawn on the other hand…..

39 Daisy { 06.01.13 at 11:26 am }

nanaliz, if you read this, I am hoping you are well. I’m missing you.
Love Daisy :)

40 Izobel2 { 06.01.13 at 12:00 pm }

Stacey – totally agree with you!
and hi Daisy! X

41 Daisy { 06.01.13 at 12:05 pm }

Hi back Bella2 :)

42 Daisy { 06.01.13 at 12:06 pm }

And yes…good comment from Stacey.

43 Izobel2 { 06.01.13 at 7:12 pm }

That’s cause we think the same!