The Biggest Loser Australia Finale And The Winners Are….

The winner of The Biggest Loser finale was always going to be between two teams the Orange, Kate and Robyn, and the Green, Gerard and Todd. In the end the orange team won but only won by 0.07% ahead of the green team to take out the $250,000. Hopefully Gerard and Todd won’t be too bitter and twisted.

It is unlikely they will be as they do seem like nice people and host Hayley Lewis confirmed this when she teared up and told Australia that these were the two of the nicest most genuine people.

Janet and Kirsten won $10,000 for losing the most body mass out of the eliminated contestants. Brett and Mandy missed out but they both had lost massive amounts of weight. It was interesting to hear their father/husband was a personal trainer. Brett after losing 50 kgs looked fantastic and he looked happy and Mandy just continued to look nervous.

Cher Liza lost 30 kgs which was less then her mother. You get the feeling she won’t be losing much more. Her mum looked brilliant. Hopefully Big Kev will continue his weight loss journey he still looked big but he has already lost 50 kilos.

However probably the most memorable thing about this season is The Biggest Loser romance with Commando and Michelle Bridges hooking up. For those watching there was no sneaky side eye or accidental touching well not that I saw.

Will The Biggest Loser be put into hiatus next year? Sure it did not rate as it used to but it is still a high rating show for TEN in its current line up at this stage for TEN’s rebuild it might be wise to stick with it.

1 Reality Raver { 05.29.13 at 11:25 am }

Always good when you find a blog post that you forgot to hit the publish button!

2 Jason { 05.29.13 at 11:49 am }

Maybe it is just me, but I didn’t think many of the contestants had a huge visual change as in previous seasons, ie. they still looked big-ish.

3 Andrea { 05.29.13 at 11:53 am }

I was very happy with the result. It would have been good to see the green team win as those boys were such nice people who played the game fairly, but the orange team played well too.
Looked like Cher will struggle the most to lose more weight but I hope she does.

4 Nardigras { 05.29.13 at 12:57 pm }

I too was happy with the result in the end. Robyn has been the highlight of the series, she had me cracking up throughout the whole thing and she really showed what she’s made of in the last elimination. It would have made the victory that much sweeter knowing it was won fair and square. Katie scrubbed up well too! I think Todd is most beautiful boy and will only take massive positives from this experience. Going to miss the show again! I know people think it’s crap but we love it :)

5 buzzy { 05.29.13 at 1:31 pm }

I would like to congratulate Robyn. She was funny, honorable and supportive and she worked damn hard.

Great news for the Green Team they looked fabulous and they have lots of love. Does it really matter if Todd was a bit fat? He is a lovely boy and why are judging him on his weight loss or what he weighed before? Gerald and Todd and their family are kind and loving people. Does it matter what they weigh? Good for you Sophie; nominating them.

Even if the trainers are bullies or pashing each other the contestants worked really hard and some real winners emerged.

It was a great effort black, red ,grey and pink produced great percentages.

Light blue are whingeing again. They need to look at the percentages at the finale. Pink, grey and black beat them. Red made a good effort as well and Anita from the yellow team looked great.

And as for Big Kev. What a heart warming and loving person he is He is looking very attractive and a nice, handsome boy with a cheeky sense of humour is emerging. Rosemary is funny and very loyal.

Go Big Kev.

And the best was Robyn. A well deserved winner. Congratulations.

6 Littlepetal { 05.29.13 at 1:33 pm }

This season is shorter. Even though we have the same number of weeks, the weeks were shorter (as we know 1 week on BL can be 10 days to 2weeks). Thus the weight loss was not as dramatic as previous seasons. The final 3 in previous seasons lost more than 40% of their body weight whereas this season they only lost slightly over 30% of body weight.

Would have love to see green team win but orange team won fair and square. Well done to them.

7 Reality Raver { 05.29.13 at 1:50 pm }

Little Petal – Your reality tv knowledge is amazing. Thank you for sharing it it really is appreciated.

8 Nardigras { 05.29.13 at 1:59 pm }

You said it all perfectly buzzy!

9 Emma { 05.29.13 at 2:47 pm }

Rosemary looked smoking! I think it was pretty great that the pink would have beaten the light blue team anyway. And that the orange team was able to shove it in their faces :)

10 Anna { 05.29.13 at 3:59 pm }

Dave, thank you for the update….

haven’t watched this season, but saw a few bits of he weigh in this am… who the hell was the chick with horrid teeth that camera kept on focusing on?

Didn’t need to see the demented smile while eating LOL

11 brain dead dave { 05.29.13 at 4:14 pm }

That was Jess. Her teeth aren’t going to look any better than that either, because it appeared the contestants had all been spray tanned, teeth whitened and made over. The lighting and clothing colours were all to make the fatties look as svelte as humanly possible.

Winners for me were Green Team, Orange Team and Big Kev for losing 56 kilos in spite of being exploited badly by the show.

I noticed both Commando and Michelle sweating under those lights, too. Hot $tuff.

There was some concern for Todd at the beginning of this season on account of his young age but he was inspirating among the dummy spits of the spoiled contestants.

12 Anna { 05.29.13 at 4:19 pm }

Dave, wasn’t a contestant… just a member of the audience …

Spray tans, girdles and only the contestants know what else held them in place during the finale… some will need plastic surgery to take care of all that hanging skin. For most it will just hang until all the pounds will fill it back in….

13 Joseph Skyrim { 05.29.13 at 4:36 pm }

Wish the green team won it but am ok with orange taking it too. My favourite bits were when the hostess was actually choking up with tears when talking about how nice the green team are and Robyn being funny with her “can I just go to the loo first?” before weigh in and her saying “the boys are enjoying their [insert healthy] food now” – cut to a shot of the son and dad (I think) both shaking their head left and right. 😛

Anna if you’re talking about the girl it kept cutting to during the green team’s interview that would be the daughter/sister who has more than a few life issues of her own (born illness), but she got Gerald and Todd to sign up for TBL and was their main inspiration (well, Gerald’s anyway) to keep pushing.

14 Anna { 05.29.13 at 4:41 pm }

Joseph Skyrim no, this one was zoomed in around the time big Kev was weighed in

15 brain dead dave { 05.29.13 at 4:45 pm }

I was going to say, it’s not the sister/daughter.

Quite a few of the parents and friends weren’t oil paintings, it has to be said. Could be one of a number of suspects.

16 brain dead dave { 05.29.13 at 4:48 pm }

On reflection, that was probably Big Kev’s girlfriend?

17 Anna { 05.29.13 at 4:54 pm }

Dave, thank you for that :-)

The audience were happy for family/friends BUT sadly a lot are in same position as the contestants are

18 Daisy { 05.29.13 at 5:32 pm }

Just saw the new ‘Fatkini’ on the win ‘News”.
Watch out for it on the beach this year.

19 Nardigras { 05.29.13 at 5:52 pm }

I think the poor dentally challenged soul is Brett’s sister, Mandy’s daughter. These were the worst fangs I saw, although there were a few candidates, hence our problem identifying the right one!

20 brain dead dave { 05.29.13 at 6:02 pm }

That sounds right,actually. Mandy’s dna for the crackerjack teeth has been passed down to the daughter.Amazing that the husband is a personal trainer.

That room was a dentist’s dream last night.

21 Jules { 05.29.13 at 6:47 pm }

Best moment for me was Big Kev’s reaction when he weighed in under 200kgs. Most awkward moment was when Haley asked the trainers about their families and Commando said the support of the family unit was vital!
Haley has said that the next series of BL will be held in Ararat-Australia’s fattest town. Guess that means it will be returning next year despite the low ratings.

22 Joseph Skyrim { 05.30.13 at 8:53 am }

@Anna & BDD – Heh yeah after posting I was thinking to myself “her teeth weren’t -that- bad though…” I can’t seem to recall any specific audience people with bad teeth, maybe it was so terrible I purged it from my memory? 😛

I did like Big Kev’s attitude in the finale. Definitely a showman. Lol at Hayley telling him “congratulations, you’ve lost an entire person!”

23 The Biggest Loser – Two Endings Shot, And Two Series This Year | reality ravings { 05.30.13 at 9:36 am }

[…] first the picture from the fake ending which I ran in my blog post […]

24 Anna { 05.30.13 at 9:52 am }

Joseph, if I can stomach sitting through re run will watch & describe her

25 buzzy { 05.31.13 at 1:01 pm }

Thanks Nardigras x o

The skin removing would hurt not?