The Biggest Loser – Two Endings Shot, And Two Series This Year

If you have always wondered how two endings of reality shows were filmed here is a little glimpse on how it works.

TV Tonight has photographic evidence of two photos released which shows shots of The Biggest Loser final.

The first the picture from the fake ending which I ran in my blog post here:

And you can see the other photo on TV Tonight here.

What I find interesting is how they get the contestants to make it appear real that they won maybe they are better actors then we think.

Also there is going to be a second series of The Biggest Loser this year this time set in Australia’s heaviest town, Ararat.

TV Tonight reported earlier this year that up to 20 participants taken from the town to The Biggest Loser house for the “accelerated course”, but also there will be educational programs and events in the town over the 12 week filming period.

It all sounds very worthy and it will be interesting to see the results achieved both this year and over the coming years in Ararat, however with all the different reality shows on TV I am not sure a second series of The Biggest Loser in one year is going to be a winner for TEN.

Also a former personal trainer on the show Andrew Meade has written an article in Daily Life criticising the weight loss techniques they use on the show.

Will you be watching The Biggest Loser: Challenge Australia?

1 mahlia { 05.30.13 at 11:57 am }

New trainers please.

2 Joseph Skyrim { 05.30.13 at 12:02 pm }

Mahlia don’t worry, I think Commando and Michelle are working on making some *new* ones. ;p

3 Anna { 05.30.13 at 12:15 pm }

$hine should pay Bob & Jillian from US Loser to come out and train… that’s the only way they’ll get me to watch

Jillian is tough (love her T-shirt that says BULLY) but she knows where contestants are coming from. Due to the fact that she was a big teen.

Just love BOB. Met him and think he is a sweetheart

4 Culinary Boner { 05.30.13 at 12:48 pm }

I agree with Joe Skyrim.

This show is in dire need of an injection of new trainers.

I’d suggest a couple of foreign celebrity trainers and submit the following ideas to Ten production:

Option 1 – ripped and snarky – http://www.mensfitness.com/sites/mensfitness.com/files/imagecache/gallery_full_image/photo_gallery_picture_images/ripped-nerds_danny_bonaduce.jpg

Option 2 – senior citizen beefcake – http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/HulkHogan.jpg

Option 3 – aerobics and spandex legend (for those wanting a more sensitive and emphatic Biggest Loser experience) – http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/richard-simmons-music-fitness-new-song-amazing-inspiring-hope-love__oPt.jpg

5 Littlepetal { 05.30.13 at 1:44 pm }

Should get the big guy who was on Celebrity Splash as one of the trainers

6 brain dead dave { 05.30.13 at 1:59 pm }

The current trainers are psychobabbled and cliched out but it is what it is.

Only exceptionally awful contestants like Margie have stopped me watching this mostly appalling and occasionally inspirating celebration of lard.

7 Jules { 05.30.13 at 2:16 pm }

Agreed. New trainers are needed. Only way for the show to salvage the last little bit of credibility it still has.

8 Culinary Boner { 05.30.13 at 2:36 pm }
9 Littlepetal { 05.30.13 at 3:49 pm }
10 Littlepetal { 05.30.13 at 3:54 pm }

Filming already started on 21 April. Shannan and Commando were there but I think Michelle is out.

11 Littlepetal { 05.30.13 at 4:01 pm }

Sorry, Michelle is still one of the trainers.

Residents of Ararat are taking up the challenges and they are taking part in the free weekly fitness sessions.

12 Nat { 05.30.13 at 8:11 pm }

Yes, Michelle has decided to do next series. I think commando convinced her once things started heating up.

13 Anna { 05.30.13 at 10:10 pm }

Didn’t watch this season and not watching next… Michelle and Shannon annoy the $hite out of me.. Last season only watched few episodes at the start….

Will only watch if they pull Shannon and Michelle from the series

14 Veronicali { 05.31.13 at 8:28 am }

I only dipped in and out of this season. They really need to give contestants more time before finale!
The town thing sounds more appealing.
Commando, you can do better … I’m better!

15 Culinary Boner { 05.31.13 at 1:51 pm }

I see Michelle is apparently seeking some hired help to make her ‘look good’ in the eyes of the Australian public:-

16 Anna { 05.31.13 at 2:46 pm }

Nuffin is gonna make her likable …

17 Helen { 07.01.13 at 7:36 pm }

I don’t mind the trainers. The show needs to change though, or it becomes too predictable. I don’t think I will watch the next series, surely it’s not shown this year, wouldn’t they wait until early 2014 like usual. I think one series a year is more than enough, when Masterchef showed the usual competition and then followed it with Junior MC it was too much and I remember a lot of people I knew who watched MC decided against watching the Jnrs (I admit I did watch it but I am getting bored of it now, too much for me.)

18 Stinger01 { 07.25.13 at 4:40 pm }

Margie, Lydia and Lisa well not so much Lisa, really got my goat on the last Biggest Loser. Over here in the UK, we always have a year behind you guys in Oz. Basically, WTF has happened to the Commando. He used to hard fierce and to me a good trainer. This series makes him out to be a whimp. It’s got me and the missus talking about not watching the next series and watching the American version instead.

19 ORANGEMELLY { 10.14.13 at 8:03 pm }

I’d love to see an international biggest loser…could have people from Australia, USA, UK, Netherlands, NZ etc.. Anyone know when they will be doing the next Aussie one?? and when they may be calling for applications?…just hope they go back to singles like the new USA 2013 season.