Australia’s Next Top Model Starts On 8 July

Australia’s Next Top Model fans will be happy to know the drought is finally over as the new cycle starts on Tuesday 8 July.  The ANTM

The show has a new host with Jennifer Hawkins who got married in Bali today.

Didier Cohen is also a new face on the show and he is joined by ANTM stalwarts, Charlotte Dawson and Alex Perry.

Australia’s Next Top Model on Fox 8 from Tuesday 8 July.

1 mahlia { 06.05.13 at 8:58 am }

I love reality TV but I really really hate this show.
Exposing 16 year olds to the harshness of reality TV just seems wrong wrong wrong. No one from that show has ever become a TOP model so it is a false promise aimed at an age group that is full of dreams.
Watching young vulnerable women being criticised by adult judges on the weak reasoning that that is what it’s like in the world of modeling makes me sick.

I just don’t feel it’s the equal playing field that shows like Masterchef, Survivor, The Block etc have.

2 Culinary Boner { 06.05.13 at 10:12 am }

Let the officially-sanctioned & institutionalised bullying* of young women in need of a good feed begin.

* “use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something”

3 Phil { 06.05.13 at 12:00 pm }

@Mahalia Sadly you are quite wrong. Montana, Amanda and Alice have all gone to become very successful here and overseas. The Australian version of the show is actually pretty good in having consistent useful advice to the girls in relation to modelling.

In comparison, the American version is the one that creates an unrealistic expectation of the modelling/fashion industry. Though that is mainly due to the fact that it is headed by Tyra Banks.

4 Andrea { 06.05.13 at 12:31 pm }

Alice is the one I remember as everyone used to bully her but she overcame it to win and has become very successful.
She had a unique look.

5 mahlia { 06.05.13 at 5:08 pm }

I guess it depends on what you regard as being TOP model.
Top suggests top of your field, to me.
A few have been successful.

6 Helen { 06.25.13 at 3:47 pm }

yawn, this show is one of the most boring and annoying I have seen. I couldn’t sit and watch it if my life depended on it. Jennifer Hawkins lacks any personality, she seems so bland.