Celebrity Apprentice: Peter Everett Says Bullying Made Him Ill

Peter Everett was eliminated from Celebrity Apprentice on Tuesday night. He had been the project manager of the losing team in the dry cleaning challenge even though Dawn Fraser managed to bring in $100,000 for posing in male undies.

Dermott Brereton’s team made nearly double with over $200,000 raised.  It was the highest amount a team on this show has ever raised. Jeff Fenech had accused Dermott of holding out until it was his turn to project manage and this could be true. Though Dermott swears it is because he feels uncomfortable asking his connected friends for cash.

He did reach out to Shane Warne who swung at least $60,000 his way through a corporate donor and except for Bonds Undies it was unclear where the rest of the big dollars came from. It was no surprise Shane was willing to get dollars in for Dermott’s team as it was revealed at the end that the charity the money was going to was the Shane Warne Foundation.

Peter was eliminated for poor project management and not bringing in any money.

However from this news.com.au article it appears he was happy to be fired. As he mentioned in the a TV WEEK article he reiterates he feeling of being bullied on the show. See previous blog post Peter Everett Being Left Off The Brochure was the least of the indignities he suffered.

He told news.com.au:

PETER Everett says his time on Celebrity Apprentice was so stressful he suffered shingles and a severely ulcerated throat and had trouble sleeping for more than a month after he was booted from the show.

“I always say people tend to die to get away from a situation they don’t feel comfortable enough to get out of and I was doing that,” Everett told news.com.au, “in a very short time my body was shutting down. Singles for a month and an ulcerated throat, that’s not a happy body.”

The former Ready, Steady, Cook host said he got very little sleep on the show, working long days that required him to wake up at 4am and not get home until 11.30pm at night.

“I was staying with some friends in Sydney and honestly, I was coming home saying ‘please don’t make me go back there, please don’t make me go back’.

“I was severely depleted, I was getting sick and trying to pull energy out of nowhere and added with the emotional side, it was hard core. I’m not used to it.

“I was sitting in front of Mr Bouris for most of the boardrooms thinking please, please, please sack me.”

Everett attributes the stress to the bullying culture he experienced on the show and says he worries what young children like his Goddaughter think when they watch the “vicious” behaviour of some contestants.

Everett said he felt patronised, ganged up on and like an outsider during the challenges, but most of the celebrities were pleasant to him off-camera.

More in the full story on News.com.au

1 Culinary Boner { 06.06.13 at 11:53 am }

And to think that an anti-bullying crusader like Charlotte Dawson excelled on this show. Go figure?

2 Andrea { 06.06.13 at 12:19 pm }

Yes, I was glad for him that he got fired at last, he was too good for this show and didn’t deserve such treatment.
Even Dawn was having a go at him about the camera thing. If its any consolation I think everyone on RR was on his side and could see what was happening to him.
The “Aussie Bum” challenge was just a repeat of one done before where Pauline Hanson had to pose in the pants, you would think they could come up with something new for a change.
I can’t understand how Dermott’s team managed to get over $200,000 to beat Peter’s team, it should be explained more where the big dollars came from, very strange.

3 Daisy { 06.06.13 at 12:22 pm }

I don’t support bullying in any form. If Peter was bullied there is no excuse for it. But he seemed to also be supported and babied more than other contestants (by what we got to see). Even Layla had the maturity to deal with a group of celebs. Peter was out of his depth emotionally. I hope he recovers.

4 Culinary Boner { 06.06.13 at 12:28 pm }

The Human Rights Commission needed to be called in for the crime against humanity that was showing Pauline H in aussiebum knickers.

And now you’re telling me they showed Dawn! Similarly un-attired!!? FFS. That’s one ‘crack of dawn’ I’m not getting up for. Someone call The Hague.

5 brain dead dave { 06.06.13 at 12:35 pm }

Dawn raised $75,000 doing that. Mercifully , there was a towel strategically draped around her thighs to protect viewers from the worst of it.

6 Andrea { 06.06.13 at 12:38 pm }

Yes, they did CB, and poor Peter had to take the photos of her posing in the aussiebums and towel, and then he got into trouble for losing the media card thingy.
Dawn is not endearing herself to me at the moment, she doesn’t seem to be the most friendliest person.
Bet you were happy last night with the Origin CB, go the Blues.

7 Culinary Boner { 06.06.13 at 12:39 pm }

Never has one towel done so much for so many.

8 Culinary Boner { 06.06.13 at 12:41 pm }

Yep Andrea, Go the Blues!

9 Littlepetal { 06.06.13 at 2:17 pm }

I do pity Peter. He is out of his depth. He does look like someone who will be the target for bullies.

The rating for this season CA is pretty poor.

10 Stacey { 06.06.13 at 2:59 pm }

First and foremost, I would like to say well done to Peter. He has handled himself extremely well under the circumstances. In this particular instance I do feel like this person was bullied. Peter is a complete marshmallow. Belittling him like that has to be a mixture of strategy and excessive delusions from other contestants. His confidence is not equal to theirs which is the first major factor. Pick on the ‘little’ guy so to speak. And I can definately identify with the fact that your body reflects your mental state. So for two reasons I am glad that he was fired – to aid his physical and mental health, and the fact that he was just not right for this competition. So good on you Peter. You are stronger than you look and I will hope you dont take all the criticism personally.

As for Derm, I cant help thinking how much of a snake he is when it comes to competition. Its hard for EVERYONE to ask for money. Yet just as predicted as soon as hes PM its the highest week. Interesting.

Also thanks to RR I can tell you dont like the show but continue to recap anyway :)

11 Carole { 06.06.13 at 3:25 pm }

In next week’s TV Week, it says that Dawn went on and on and really got pissed off at Peter, but it wasn’t all shown. She seems to be a real bitch.

Then there was the incident with the Gropon guy going to the wrong team. A similar thing happened a couple of years ago, when the Woman’s Day editor turned up and went to the wrong person. They should learn, when they ring up their client and arrange for someone to go out, tell them which team they need to go to.

I was surprised too when the other team won, I thought Dawn’s team would win with them getting $100 000 for her to pose for those pics.

12 Gabby { 06.06.13 at 7:53 pm }

I definitely think Dermit was playing the game, where did all this money come from? They should have explained. He is so smarmy. He’s been waiting for his turn as PM to call on ‘Warnie’ to collect all these donations for Warnies charity. He hasn’t contributed anything to anyone else’s charity. “I’m too embarrassed to ask” what bullshit. Yes it was time for Peter to go, he didn’t stand a chance tonight against those piranahs. That Roxy is a first class B#%#h and Prue is not far behind her. Jeff is just an idiot.

13 seepi { 06.06.13 at 9:40 pm }

Dermot has always been a slippery character. It seems a bit dicey to me, Shane kicking in heaps of cash, that just goes to his own charity. How do these charitable funds work – couldn’t he just get the money back out and pay himself for some work?

Noone is very appealing in this series. Shame – I normally love this show, but Dawn and Roxy are just scary, and the rest are not much better.

14 Gabby { 06.06.13 at 9:51 pm }

Seepi, food for thought what you said about Shane. Just so strange how we weren’t told how the money was distributed, only $20,000 from Bonds, where did the rest come from, there was a lot of it. Also anything Shane contributed would be tax deductible.
You forgot to add Prue’s name to Dawn’s and Roxy’s as being scary. Talk about three dragons.

15 W { 06.06.13 at 10:26 pm }

Peter deserved to go. Should have happened a lot sooner.
He is as sincere & genuine as “trix from the block”

16 Angel86 { 06.07.13 at 7:59 am }

Dermott’s team got lots of smaller donations of $5000 and $10000. There was a quick little scene at one point with heaps of people handing over those huge novelty checks.

I cannot stand Roxy, I wouldn’t go near her PR company after seeing her on the show. The whole scene with the Grocon guy was just weird, the guy himself just looked like he couldn’t care less about what was going on. I’m also really disappointed in Dawn Fraser. I’ve lost all respect for her, to be honest. After her rant at Stephanie last week and then her carry-on this week, she just seems like a stuck-up cranky old lady. I’m no fan of Jeff Fenech but I don’t think he deserved the treatment he copped from Roxy and Dawn over his little joke with the camera. They left it unattended and all he did was look at a few photos. He didn’t sabotage them or anything, he was just being an idiot but they made it to be some majorly vindictive thing.

17 mahlia { 06.07.13 at 12:27 pm }

Although I don’t condone bullying, I found Peter to be a fairly immature adult who seems to need reassurance from others in a very unhealthy way.
I dont think it would be fun for the others to work with him because he kind of needed to be nursed through every challenge.
I also think he seemed to like being a victim.

18 Carole { 06.07.13 at 3:14 pm }

Yeah, I agree about Jeff Fenech. I don’t like him much, but he was just mucking around, and didn’t mean anything malicious by it. They just overreacted.

I can’t stand Prue or Roxy either, they are both bitches.

19 Daisy { 06.07.13 at 5:55 pm }

Generally when a grown man behaves like Peter, commenters would be suggesting, as Prue did, that he ‘grow a pair’. Maybe playing the victim works for him. I don’t condone bullying. In fact I despise it. But I think Mahlia, you may be right and that it works for him. Some of the team members were treating him like a child and you only do that if someone is behaving like a child.
Having said that, at least he wasn’t nasty or conniving or bossy. I would prefer him to some of the others.

20 Littlepetal { 06.09.13 at 5:55 pm }

So our Roxy is not so smart after all or she just want people to know what is going on with her life.

From Sydney Morning Herself:

First World problems! Celebrity Apprentice standout Roxy Jacenko sent out an SOS on Facebook seeking a sea-freight or airfreight company “that specialises in sending parcels from LA to Sydney — need to transport a Mini G55 ride-on car — Bongo etc NO good. xx Any tips?” Naturally, baby Pixie-Rose needs “the G55 as it’s to match Oli’s new car which is arriving in sept! Lol x”, she explained to a FB friend, in reference to her husband Oliver Curtis’ new order, a G55 — the Mercedes-Benz G-Class four-wheel-drive SUV.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/meet-the-new-kyle-20130608-2nwxo.html#ixzz2VhfPckZ2

As if you can’t get the seller in LA to organise the shipment?

21 Carmen { 06.10.13 at 11:05 pm }

As an an unemploymentista – this eye-opener into Toxy’s (oops I mean Roxy’s) lifestyle makes me want to take a Bex and have a good lie down.

I continue to be addicted to Celebrity Apprentice, and am particularly glued to watching Mr Bouris and his performance in the boardroom. Last night I dreamt that I got a job and he was my boss! But then of course I woke up. Here’s the link to the post/musical lyrics I wrote. The post is titled: “I Dreamed the Dream …” http://50shadesofunemployment.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/i-dreamed-dream-where-i-had-job.html

Meantime – only one more sleep (Melbourne time) until the next Celeb App. episode.

Cheers,
Carmen
blog: 50 shades of unemployment

22 Opal { 06.11.13 at 10:43 pm }

Goodness me. Prue doesn’t need airbags in the car does she?

23 Daisy { 06.12.13 at 11:50 am }

Roxy needs a muzzle. That woman is dreadful. Every fight is “someone else’s fault”. She complains that people don’t let her finish her sentences but she seems to be the worst for that.

Between Prue and Roxy. I’d easily prefer Prue. And Dawn couldn’t see that Roxy was being a manipulator. “I’ll take stupid Dawn who knows nothing of social media and make her my puppet”.