SYTYCD Australia – Is Mary Murphy Going To Be A Judge?

Even though TEN have not confirmed the return of So You Think You Can Dance Australia there a rumours circulating that Mary Murphy a judge on the US version will be on the judging panel.

Mary who went automatically into my top five role models when she was described as a  “coke fuelled nympho” is incredibly popular. She was dumped as a permanent judge on the US version of the show but ended up being reinstated.

It is no secret Australian networks love to get overseas talent for their format shows and having Mary would give the Aussie version a link to the US series.

It would be great to see Matt Lee back on the judging panel and he has only expanded his fan base with his role in Mary Poppins. They need to bring back a judge from the previous incarnation to give it some continuity link and he should be given priority over Jason Coleman.

Other people in the mix must be Jason Gilkison who is a regular on the US version, and Kelley Abbey. Also Wade Robson might want a bit of respite from his legal matter in the US and it would be great to see him on the panel as well.

I would prefer two permanent judges with one judge rotated through and this would allow new talent to be found.

Also the latest version of the US So You Think You Can Dance is going to start on ELEVEN on Friday 14 June at 7.30pm.

1 Culinary Boner { 06.06.13 at 3:51 pm }

Sorry Kaz*, you’re dumped forthwith.
Must go and buy some protection – *tsk* earplugs, earplugs.

* Karen Martini, who used to give me the horn.

2 Glen { 06.06.13 at 3:54 pm }

Not a huge fan of the rotating judge. I think they need 3 familiar faces to grow a relationship with the viewer. And in this day and age of superstar judges, they may cast their net higher internationally, but for my money this very American format needs a very Australian heart. Maybe local and unknown with a kooky personality is the way to go.

3 Izobel2 { 06.06.13 at 4:36 pm }

Oh yay Raver on the update of the US Season on Eleven!!!!
what great news!!
The US season has been having a rotating comedian type judge with musical knowledge like Christina Applegate and the red-head dude from Modern Family and that Chenoweth comedian lady. They were all excellent every week in my opinion. I love the US judges.

I’d love the Oz version to come back, and would be happy with Mary Murphy. If Mat Lee is there that’s fine, as long as he doesn’t say “yeah” after every. single. sentence.

I agree Glen it’d be nice to have an Australian judge. Kooky personality is a good idea!

4 Georgie { 06.06.13 at 5:22 pm }

Mary Murphy would be okay with a rolled up pair of football socks stuffed in her mouth.

5 Mel { 06.06.13 at 8:31 pm }

I love Mary and would be very happy to see a new Australian version as long as it didn’t feature the creepy, egocentric, arrogant Jason Coleman. He was a total turn-off. I guess you can tell I didn’t like him!

6 Veronicali { 06.07.13 at 8:38 am }

No love for Jasonyeah ? I could do without Mary, although somewhere in amongst the screaming and tamale-ing she knows her stuff.

7 Anonymous { 06.07.13 at 11:41 am }

I don’t know, if it does come back, I think Jason Gilkison, Kelley Abbey and Wade Robson should all be used as choreographers. I don’t care about the judges. I loved having a local version of SYTYCD, but I don’t think it’s going to come back. It seems like every year there’s a rumour about it but it never happens.

8 Anna { 06.07.13 at 2:41 pm }

YAY for SYTYCD coming back!!!

Big personalities and the final 12 or 10 are always good. They say they can and they deliver….

9 KrisKross { 06.12.13 at 6:55 am }

Why would Network Ten support Mary Murphy? She is a deadbeat druggie who stiffed her management after they slaved away to turn a has-been wannabe dancer into a TV star. She is the worst kind of deadbeat, a phony lying deadbeat. And she’s annoying as hell. The worst part of an otherwise great show. I won’t watch if she’s on the panel. She is a lying, cheating THIEF with a cackle worse than any fictional witch.

10 daisy { 07.19.13 at 9:44 pm }

The guy with the corn rows is a fabulous dancer. And he’s cute too. Like a puppy cute.
So many good dancers.

11 Anna { 07.19.13 at 9:47 pm }

If I was a gambling person, my money would be on Amy to win.