Drugs Found In Joel Madden’s Hotel Room And He Is Evicted

joel madden

The Star City Casino Hotel has asked Joel Madden to leave the premises because a drug was found in his hotel room.

But really are they over reacting?

A cleaner at the hotel found around 5 grams of plant product believed to be cannabis and  the police were called. He was not charged as any amount of cannabis under 15 grams results in only a caution in NSW.

I had always thought in five stars hotels there was a certain amount of discretion when it came to celebrities. This news may mean partying celebs may be reluctant to stay in The Darling, which is an establishment who likes the publicity and kudos of having the A list staying there.

Even though there maybe issues related to the gaming licence and illegal activity, I would have thought personal use of marijuania would be at the lower end of the crime that occurs in the Star City precinct.

Source: News.com.au

1 joan { 06.11.13 at 8:52 pm }

That explains him loving that pot head he has left as a contestant ha, might be an over reaction by the hotel, what to do.

2 Daisy { 06.11.13 at 9:34 pm }

If he was SMOKING it that would be against the NO SMOKING rules.
Sounds like he didn’t bother to hide it. Or did the room cleaner root around his stuff.

3 Nelly { 06.11.13 at 10:45 pm }

Maybe they thought that if they covered it up and the story leaked it would have looked worse for them?

4 Joseph Skyrim { 06.12.13 at 8:35 am }

I’m with Nelly on this one. Also, drugs are never OK. Celebrity or not.

5 Bolders { 06.12.13 at 10:33 am }

I’m not surprised he likes to stick wacky things in his mouth given that toothpick thing he does on the Voice (and why, by the way?) makes him look like a douche.

6 joan { 06.12.13 at 11:26 am }

Seal went on a twitter rant, he can’t wait to leave Australia, good riddance.

7 Ryan { 06.12.13 at 11:30 am }

Insane. A pseudo rock star gets busted for possession of a drug that even some pollies probably want legalised, and it was in an amount that didn’t warrant charges. Definite front page story there, folks…

8 joan { 06.12.13 at 11:33 am }

Lucky he smoked the rest Ryan.

9 LB { 06.12.13 at 11:35 am }

It makes Australia look like a parochial backwater. I’m no Joel (do anything for a buck) Madden fan, but this is just embarrassing.

Guess the next thing we will see are New Idea & Woman’s Day covers “Joel Maddens Drugs Shame” & “I Uncovered Rock Stars Secret Stash”. Ugh

10 Daisy { 06.12.13 at 11:37 am }

If the cleaner thought to grab his dirty undies as well there could be some dough in that.

11 joan { 06.12.13 at 12:04 pm }

Must say I am disappointed that no story has been done on our favourite reality show winner, he made headlines and no story from my fav blogger.

12 Reality Raver { 06.12.13 at 12:05 pm }

Joan – the Altiyan Childs story is in Reality Tidbits Tuesday….

13 Seal Has A Meltdown At Media Over The Joel Madden Drug Bust | reality ravings { 06.12.13 at 12:31 pm }

[…] think the story is a big over reaction as seen here in the previous blog post about the bust, however I queried why the establishment even called the police. I note Seal does […]

14 joan { 06.12.13 at 12:34 pm }

Oh I missed it thanks RR

15 JaniceG { 06.12.13 at 5:34 pm }

The reasoning by the hotel seems really odd to me: why would you call the police for a non-chargeable offense and draw attention to this? The only reason to evict him would seem to be to avoid the nasty publicity of a police bust and instead, they initiated one themselves! The only thing I can think of is that they were afraid that the cleaner would contact the police directly, which seems highly unlikely, especially if her manager specifically told the cleaner not to do so – not like the cleaner is going to get anything out of going public, either.