Please Marry My Boy Is Coming Back To Seven

Please Marry My Boy which had a lacklustre season one is coming back to SEVEN. The producer of The Amazing Race Australia must be peeved thinking “I won an international Emmy and I can’t get it renewed but this dating show is”.

But let’s face it this is cheap TV to make.

Please Marry My Boy is a dating show where the mother gets to pick the women he should date and eventually marry. First there is the speed dating where three girls are picked to go live with the mothers. Over the weeks they go on dates with the son and in the last episode the mother picks the girl for them to “marry”.

There were no lasting relationships from season one.

This series there is only three guys and their mothers in it down from five last year. It must be difficult to find mothers and their sons both willing to go on a show.

The three contestants are:

• Brad King 27 – a buyers assistant for a camping store. He says he gets tongue tied around women. His mother Margaret King 59 who has been married for 40 years is going to help him.
  • Carlo Cimino 41 – is a small business owner who previously has been married and he wants a wife to give him children. His mother Maria who is Italian is hoping he will settle down soon.
  • Nathan Secomb 30 – is a model and a tradie. His mother thinks he picks the wrong type.

You get the feeling Nathan is going to be this series Tony.

Ada Nicodemou will host the show.

Please Marry My Boy is coming soon to SEVEN.

1 Georgie { 06.11.13 at 5:14 pm }

This was good cringeworthy RTV so I’ll tune in again unless it clashes with something better.

2 annajjj { 06.11.13 at 7:50 pm }

Ditto Georgie.

3 Reality Raver { 06.11.13 at 10:07 pm }

If five people say they will be watching it I will recap it!

4 Daisy { 06.11.13 at 10:12 pm }

If five people watch, I’ll watch it.

5 Daisy { 06.11.13 at 10:13 pm }

I think Izobel would be up for it.

6 Dr T { 06.11.13 at 11:03 pm }

Fourth contestant announced:

Kyle Sandilands, 40 – a radio disc jockey. He’s previously been married but is separated. Kyle’s mother thinks he is a constant embarrassment, always making bad decisions.

7 brain dead dave { 06.11.13 at 11:23 pm }

I watched it last year. It won’t be easy finding another Vlad and Milena.

8 Izobel2 { 06.11.13 at 11:25 pm }

Geez Daisy I was just going to say ditto to Georgie’s comment at number 1!!
I’ll watch it for sure (I watched last season).
Although they should take “Marry” out of the title. The crazy mum’s may have chosen the chicks to “Marry” their boy, but the whole concept and ending is a bit dumb really, as the mum’s say “well I choose Sally to marry my boy Peter”, and then the show ends…. nobody gets married. They don’t even date if the guy doesn’t like the girl. It’s all a bit weird really!

But Georgie is right it really is cringeworthy tv. And I’m all for that!

9 daisy { 06.11.13 at 11:30 pm }

That’s it Emma. You have your five.

10 Eliza { 06.12.13 at 12:09 am }

I’ll make it 6 for safe measure. Love cringe worthy reality TV and watched every episode last season. Will be interesting to see how 3 sons go rather than 5.

Haha BDD – Vlad was gold. You just brought up mental scars of him and one of the other girls kissing/him eating her face *shudder*

Izobel2 – It’s totally weird and awkward! Like when Tony last year didn’t even like the girl his mum chose. He wanted the fake Barbie lookalike.

11 Izobel2 { 06.12.13 at 7:54 am }

Eliza, does this mean they’ll have more dates and challenges if there’s only 3 blokes? I’m hoping it’s not like Farmer Wants A Wife where they just recap every five seconds.
Or maybe the show will only last 3 weeks!

12 Georgie { 06.12.13 at 8:05 am }

Carlo and Maria sound like the next Vlad and Milena.

“He wants a wife to give him children” ….and cook his meals and wash his grunds and…

Sounds like the romantic type! :-/

13 Stacey { 06.12.13 at 11:50 pm }

There were 4 guys last year – Matt, Vlad, Tony and Brendan.

I’ll be watching this year! 😀

14 Eliza { 06.13.13 at 12:51 am }

That’s right, there was only 4 last year. Thanks Stacey. Three does sound like a small number, I think 4 would be better as it would give more variety.

Izobel, it’s unfortunately guaranteed that there will be recap after recap. Nothing could be worse than The Block though, I hope?! Hopefully we will get to see more interaction between the guys and the girls then with there only being a few.

15 daisy { 06.13.13 at 12:55 am }

OK, what is the worst show for recaps? I vote Border Security.

16 Eliza { 06.13.13 at 3:56 pm }

Ohh my.. All of those border security/motorway patrol/police shows are the worst! Just tell me what happens in one go!

17 Techhater { 06.13.13 at 4:19 pm }

Being the good Jewish mother that I am, I actally watch this with 2 of my sons. And I did love the US version.

18 Izobel2 { 06.13.13 at 4:37 pm }

The US version – “Mamma’s Boys” – Techhater??

19 Techhater { 06.13.13 at 4:57 pm }

Izobel2 That’s the one.:-)

20 Be v { 07.09.13 at 5:37 pm }

I will be watching the show ‘Please Marry My Boy’ , please tell me when it starts!

21 Techhater { 07.29.13 at 9:41 pm }

Well as promised i’m watching this with my 2 eldest “single” sons. One of them actually wants to go on this.

Not bl**dy likely.

I’m way too shy for that. :$

22 Andrea { 07.29.13 at 9:48 pm }

I feel a bit sorry for the slightly “larger” ladies, they never get chosen, its still always about looks isn’t it?

23 Gabby { 07.29.13 at 9:57 pm }

It always has been and always will be, and it’s a bloody shame, it’s not right. Well the guys are missing out on some good ones, more fool them.
I could just imagine my son letting me pick his wife, NOT!

24 Techhater { 07.29.13 at 10:02 pm }

Gabby and Andrea I agree with both of you about fuller frame girls. It is a shame but then again producers have to take some blame for the casting.

But really if you want to impress would you really play the ukelele, juggle balls (badly at that) or even worse tie a knot in a snake lolly with your tongue. Gross. 😛

25 Gabby { 07.29.13 at 10:28 pm }

I known ow ridiculous, they must really have been at a loss for something to do. Have you noticed how our young girls all look the same as American or British girls now? Super white, straight teeth and orange skin. What ever happened to the lovely natural look? They all look the same, except for hair colour.

26 Kirralee { 07.29.13 at 10:34 pm }

I too agree they were all such pretty girls…curves are definantly over looked

27 Techhater { 07.29.13 at 10:55 pm }

Nothing wrong with curves just ask my Desi.

28 daisy { 07.31.13 at 1:39 pm }

Nathan’s Dad Max looks like Rhupert Murdoch.

29 daisy { 07.31.13 at 2:09 pm }

I didn’t like sports model Yvette with the tight yellow dress and 2 new ‘friends’.