Seal Has A Meltdown At Media Over The Joel Madden Drug Bust

Screen shot 2013-06-12 at 11.58.22 AMSeal is not happy about the way the media has given extensive and high profile coverage to the Joel Madden drug bust and he has let his Twitter followers know it.

He said “He can’t wait to go home” and that “….Yet having a joint in the privacy of his hotel room is worthy of front page news???”

He continued saying “Way to respect a guest in your country trash media way to make us feel welcome. Keep it up… sure we’ll be back next year, and yes, I say we because it is only a matter of time before you gun us all down. Hell you even did it to @deltagoodrem who’s a national treasure”.

Look in one sense he is right. Is Joel Madden getting busted for a small amount of pot front page news? There is probably more “newsworthy” stories doing the rounds. However in this era of digital media when a successful story is probably judged on the number of clicks it receives these celebrity driven stories are covered extensively. Unfortunately for Joel more people are interested in reading about him and his drug bust then a story on whether licensed casino’s increase the crime rate in the areas they are situated it. Also the former story if far easier to write.

I think the story is a big over reaction as seen here in the previous blog post about the bust, however I queried why the establishment even called the police. I note Seal does not have a crack at the management for doing this. However they actually created the story. If it is their policy to not tolerate illicit drugs on the premises they could have just discreetly asked him to leave.

What are the chances of Seal giving Australia some sort of lecture about this issue on the night of grand final? If so I am definitely tuning in.

The Voice Australia on Monday night on NINE at 7.30pm.

1 Christina { 06.12.13 at 12:58 pm }

I kinda see Seal’s point that they don’t deserve to be condemned for minor offence….HOWEVER be careful – just because you are American (and well known) you think you are above Australia law….makes you sound up yourself and Aussies much prefer an underdog.

2 misslizzy { 06.12.13 at 1:08 pm }

A bigger issue is The Star turning a blind eye to the number of women having their drinks spiked on their premises

3 Joseph Skyrim { 06.12.13 at 1:18 pm }

I’m more interested to see if the Voice will decide to support an active drug user. He is good TV and does add a lot to the show.

4 Trent { 06.12.13 at 1:24 pm }

Seal and Joel are both as irritating as eachother. Ship them back to the states with Joels stupid toothpick collection and put more likeable judges on the show. I have not watched a single episode of the show because of these two.

Delta and Ricky are great though!

5 anonymouse { 06.12.13 at 1:28 pm }

Good riddance to them both! Don’t care about the pot but seriously, could they be more irritating?

6 countrymouse { 06.12.13 at 1:37 pm }

SNAP anonymouse. They’re both dicks.

7 brain dead dave { 06.12.13 at 1:45 pm }

Seal must be smoking some bad shit to think that Delta is a national treasure. Someone should “seal” his mouth over.

8 Nelly { 06.12.13 at 2:00 pm }

That is the kind of tantrum only a celebrity could have. I find Seal’s reaction more interesting than the actual bust.
I don’t blame the management for calling the police. I think Joel should have been more careful and hidden his stash better. He should have realised this would happen if he was caught with anything like this.

9 Bolders { 06.12.13 at 2:05 pm }

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out Sealed- with- a -pot mouth.

And take your “brother” with yah.

10 brain dead dave { 06.12.13 at 2:12 pm }

Don’t be all doom and klum, $eal.

11 Anna { 06.12.13 at 2:14 pm }

All newspapers are running this crap story

Masterstroke by ch9, so much publicity for the Screech fest finals…

Seal shoots his mouth off often, did so when Heidi left him and now this. Comedy GOLD

12 Bolders { 06.12.13 at 2:18 pm }

Seal’s just living up to Joel Madden’s lyrics on lifestyles of the rich and famous:

“Always see it on T.V.
Or read in a magazines
Celebrities want sympathy
All they do is piss and moan “

13 Andrea { 06.12.13 at 2:42 pm }

The law is the law, he’s lucky he’s not in Bali.
Sounds to me that they only doing ” The Voice” for the money and can’t wait to go home.

14 librarygirl { 06.12.13 at 2:53 pm }

I’m a celebrity I’m SPECIAL.
Twitter has a lot to answer for.
Oh shut up, the pair of you. Go back to the U.S., please.
Don’t go via Singapore though.

15 Daze { 06.12.13 at 3:01 pm }

Can Roxy have some spiritual mentoring first before Seal goes?

16 Littlepetal { 06.12.13 at 3:41 pm }

He he he. Now Seal apologised.

In his apology, which was also posted on Twitter, the singer said he loved being in Australia and working with an “incredibly talented group of Australian artists”.
“It’s been almost 11 weeks away from my kids and me saying ‘I can’t wait to go home’ was me missing being home with them,” Seal said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/seal-blows-up-on-twitter-over-joel-madden-drug-bust/story-e6frfmqi-1226662374198#ixzz2Vygoku1j

17 Andrea { 06.12.13 at 3:45 pm }

Hasn’t taken him long to retract his story Littlepetal.

18 Bolders { 06.12.13 at 4:11 pm }

Just stick with your original sentiment and go home Seal – no need to retract your brain farts.

19 Anna { 06.12.13 at 4:18 pm }

Bolders, if he sticks with original dummy spit, he’ll not be able to come back … Act creepy & earn squilions on the show that doesn’t produce one artist.

Last years winner hasn’t been seen nor heard of since

20 joan { 06.12.13 at 4:21 pm }

Go home Seal and Joel and his tooth pick collection can go as well.

21 sjm { 06.12.13 at 5:01 pm }

Yes, classic celebrity behaviour, though I must say that Madden has been pretty good through this. Didn’t deny it was his and didn’t kick up a fuss, at least not in the media. Seal on the other hand has ensured the story will run for a little while longer…

22 Seal Saying He Was Missing His Kids But They Are Here | reality ravings { 06.12.13 at 5:01 pm }

[…] Australia and the media on Twitter today saying that he could not wait to leave Australia  (see previous blog post) has now deleted those tweets and replaced with with a tweet […]

23 Francis Chu { 06.12.13 at 5:52 pm }

Well if Seal hates this country then I know the perfect replacement for him – Adam Levine, because he hates America.

24 Carole { 06.12.13 at 6:48 pm }

Seal has a point, and was just sticking up for a mate. The media can be brutal with overseas celebrities. They treated Meat Loaf appallingly when he was here a few years ago. As a lifelong fan who had waited 8 years for him to come back here, then to see him treated so atrociously, made me very upset.

Don’t know why the maid was going through his things, and why she reported it, considering the small amount. And then for them to call the police for something so trivial, when there are some real crimes being committed. Then the hotel kicks him out, what a total over reaction.

25 seepi { 06.12.13 at 8:51 pm }

I thought he must have been misbehaving somehow for the hotel to kick him out. If they really did boot him out for a joint or two that is a bit rough, but he should remember he is in another country, and not at home, and be a bit careful.

26 Hmmm. { 06.13.13 at 12:13 am }

Would it be too cynical to suggest it’s a publicity stunt to generate interest for a waning tv show.

“I wonder why it is fine for Seal to call Joel a brother, but not for Delta to call a singer a brother?”
I think Delta’s comment was that Seal and the other guy were “brothers”, implying they were “brothers” because they were both black. Sure she meant no harm, but I can understand why they were a bit taken aback!

27 daisy { 06.13.13 at 12:53 am }

I think they were taken aback because of the pc world in which we now live. They all knew she wasn’t being insulting. Even if she meant that they were both black, so?
That’s not an insult. It’s more insulting to think it’s an insult.

28 Nelly { 06.13.13 at 1:42 am }

@Daisy That is a terrible argument. Just because someone doesn’t mean to be insulting doesn’t make what they say any less insulting. Only pricks mean to insult people on purpose, Delta made a clear mistake in her choice of words. Some would say it was a very telling mistake.

29 Daisy { 06.14.13 at 10:39 am }

Nellie why is it insulting? It’s only an insult if there is something wrong with being African Amercican. Since I dn’t see any flaw, vice or problem with being African American, or any other race I don’t see a problem, unless the term was derrogatory.
Anyway I clearly saw her embarrassment and heard her apologize.
If anyone thinks being a brother is a bad thing then they might be insulted and for that she apologized.
Ignoring someone’s ethnicity and tiptoeing around it instead of appreciating it (I would say embracing it but I hate that over-used expression) implies you think there is something of which they ought to be ashamed. I am proud of my diverse ethnic background and I like when others are too.

30 Hmmm. { 06.15.13 at 12:25 pm }

Daisy, she certainly did mean they were both black, but I don’t think that is in itself too much cause for offense, however the suggestion that they should be on the same team, because they were both black seems childish at best and reasonably likely to be offensive to many. I suspect that teaming people up based on their skin colour falls well within the definitions of racism and prejudice.

31 Georgie { 06.15.13 at 1:03 pm }

I’m no Delta fan, but the gaffe happened over 2 months ago and that sort of moment can happen to anyone. Most of us are lucky enough not to have our moments digitally recorded.

32 Georgie { 06.15.13 at 1:12 pm }

Besides, Joel has just had a moment and Seal too. We’ll have to wait and see if Ricky can complete the grand slam.

33 LB { 06.15.13 at 1:26 pm }

@24 Carole, I think you will find that it was lying in the open and the maid wasn’t “going through his things”.

From what I understand, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, Star City, as a gambling venue, has strict conditions on reporting drugs & could put their licence in jeopardy if illegal substances are not reported. The person who did find the ridiculously small amount of dope was more likely thinking of their continued employment and once it had been reported to superiors then it was incumbent on them to call police.

Despite all of that, it is an absolute storm in a teacup and if Seal hadn’t weighed in, it all would have been dead within 24 hours.

34 daisy { 06.15.13 at 1:28 pm }

Hmmm. I know she meant that they would suit because they were both black but I took her to mean that their vocals would suit because of their boilogical similarity. But in case she had offended either Steve or Seal, she apologized.

35 LB { 06.15.13 at 1:30 pm }

Georgie, don’t you think Ricky wearing those sandals (ugh) was his melt down moment :)

36 Georgie { 06.15.13 at 1:36 pm }

I must have missed that LB, which was probably a good thing. Sounds like he embarassed himself too then – lol!

37 daisy { 06.15.13 at 1:45 pm }

Uuugh! I didn’t see the sandals. Was he wearing them with socks?

38 Georgie { 06.15.13 at 1:56 pm }

Funny you should mention that Daisy – here’s one of my favourite YouTube cartoons.

39 LB { 06.15.13 at 2:08 pm }

Daisy, that was about the only redeeming feature – no socks.

Georgie, they were those hideous sandals that people wear to climb over rocks at the beach. I googled it, but even too ugly for google to hold a pic.

40 daisy { 06.15.13 at 2:10 pm }

Ha ha, Georgie. I have a racistcomment to make.
He’s having a Pommie moment.

Is anyone going to own up to socks and sandals, maybe you had a blister?

Other cartoons :
muffin tops
Back drapes ( ladies who wear topsat the bra -line and the back fat hangs over.
strapless dresses that have to be hitched up every two seconds
And the new jeans for people who have long danglycrothes and need the extra space.

41 daisy { 06.15.13 at 2:12 pm }

My apologies for the crap typing. I am on my tab. I must slow down.

42 Anna { 06.17.13 at 3:04 pm }
43 Littlepetal { 06.17.13 at 4:57 pm }

But more think Delta should go