Ajay Rochester and Peter Ford Go Head To Head On Sunrise

The Seal Twitter rant has attracted a lot of media discussion. Yesterday Ajay Rochester, Nikki Webster and Peter Ford were on Sunrise discussing whether Australia had tall poppy syndrome and then a heated debated broke out between Peter and Ajay.

See it above and tell me what you think. Ajay has also written about the exchange  on her blog Finding My Mojo. She makes some interesting points in relation to making money off the media.

1 brain dead dave { 06.14.13 at 12:13 pm }

So she’s an “educated woman, a writer, a thinker, and lover”

You tellingly and conveniently left out convicted fraud, Ajay.

Fancy you tut-tutting about things that are “illegal”.

There’s tall poppies and then there’s fat , publicity hungry fraudsters.

2 brain dead dave { 06.14.13 at 12:38 pm }

Sorry, Ajay received no conviction but a 12 month good behaviour bond for 23 charges of defrauding Centrelink, which she entered pleas of guilty to.

Would a “non celebrity ” have got the same?

3 Carole { 06.14.13 at 3:46 pm }

Wow, she had a lot of good points. Felt really bad for her about taking her son shopping and having to cop that. Not very fair, especially when everyone else seems to be making money from her pictures except her.

4 Anna { 06.14.13 at 4:01 pm }

There is another scary photo if AJ in the cover of NW.

As well as of Seal gripping some super blonde pale thing from the Voice

Mentoring gone to far???

5 Kelly { 06.14.13 at 5:30 pm }

Erm that Kamal joke at the end was a little distasteful …

6 Christina { 06.15.13 at 11:51 pm }

Haven’t read the blog, but watched the Sunrise clip. I think she did have a bit of an agenda in her response, however Peter’s argument doesn’t quite stand up either – just because you are “famous” should that give people the right to be terribly mean to you? Basically I got the impression he was saying she was “asking for it” which is ridiculous. Yes, to an extent celebrities open up their lives to the world…that’s what makes them celebrities! However there should be a standard of human decency and some level of respect to each other. It’s a sad world if that has been forgotten. But same of course goes to celebrities…like I said in response to Seal’s rant….just because you are a celebrity doesn’t put you above the law and all other humans.

7 daisy { 06.16.13 at 12:27 am }

Was she calling herself a tall poppy? I must be out of the loop. I don’t watch TBL but going by my RR readings, I thought Ajay was famous for being fat. Does that make someone a tall poppy?
It’s Aussie humour to mock, but I don’t think that means we all want to tear down people because of their celebrity. We do it ourselves and often to our mates.
But then again, I do think there are some real nasties out there who have a lot of hatred.

8 daisy { 06.16.13 at 12:29 am }

Edit …we do it to ourselves. We make fun of ourselves.