So You Think You Can Dance Starts tonight on Eleven

The latest season from the US of So You Think You Can Dance starts tonight and will screen every Friday night from 7.30pm on Eleven.

Will you be watching?

1 Sue N { 06.14.13 at 1:55 pm }

sure will- looking forward to it immensely !!

2 Izobel2 { 06.14.13 at 2:01 pm }

Oh ABSOLUTELY! Been excited all day! Have the recorder set for both that and Next Top Model after it, hopefully that’s not a replay.

SYTYCD is great too as the results show is on the same night.
Last season that put a few episodes on the Saturday night too, so watch out for that.
Love everything about the show. Judges/dancers/songs. Have seen all of the seasons.

3 Daisy { 06.14.13 at 2:08 pm }

Bella2 Recorder is stuffing up and I have missed a few favs because of it. I’m not as old as Dawn Frazer but I don’t have the IT brains for the new recorder yet. I will have to try and watch SYT with all the noise of everyone still up or hurry up and learn to use the new rec.
I’ll keep you posted.

4 Izobel2 { 06.14.13 at 2:43 pm }

Well it goes for 2 hours Daisy but it’s only auditions this early on so I’m sure you’ll be fine with the new recorder by the time the top dancers are revealed!

5 Anna { 06.15.13 at 2:12 pm }

Great first episode. As always contestants have HUGE personalities, some are UBER talented.

Too early to pick a favorite, since countless will be send back home after the Vegas week

6 Izobel2 { 06.15.13 at 3:49 pm }

I agree Anna. So many to choose from!! Nice to see Twitch on the judging panel :)

7 Anna { 06.15.13 at 3:54 pm }

So good to see past contestants make it in the cut throat industry.

Looking forward to seeing Adam, Mia and Sonia create their magic this season.

Haven’t seen too many ballroom contestants in the first episode. Contemporary dancers are always good and majority of them win.

8 daisy { 06.15.13 at 3:55 pm }

I forget her name, but that poor girl who had to dance with popped knee.
I totally get why she would want to push on.

9 Anna { 06.15.13 at 3:57 pm }

Dancers get injured on daily bases. She’ll be just fine by Vegas week, that is unless she does something silly

10 daisy { 06.15.13 at 4:42 pm }

Yeah, but like footy players, they’ll be buggared as they get older.

11 Izobel2 { 06.15.13 at 6:15 pm }

That’s been my only major injury Daisy & Anna, 2 dislocated knees… otherwise maybe I could’ve been a SYTYCD champion! Although I’d probably have to know more dancing than my Zumba lessons!!

How about Mr SYTYCD Armenia?? Wonder how far he’ll get! Why is he applying again anyway? Maybe he’s going for SYTYCD World Champion!

12 Anna { 06.15.13 at 6:22 pm }

Guessing that Armenian guy wants to learn more and be pushed to breaking point.

Most of the judges are industry heavy weights…..

13 Georgie { 07.05.13 at 9:49 pm }

Really enjoying this – Mary’s voice isn’t even enough to put me off. How umm, clever, was that comedian guy, Keiran (I think) but what a scary looking family.

14 Anna { 07.05.13 at 9:54 pm }

Some of the dancers are really amazing… Vegas week will be hard on the judges. They have to pick 20 best of the best

15 daisy { 07.05.13 at 9:57 pm }

Yes. Some have unbelievable talent. Too many good ones to choose a favourite yet.

16 daisy { 07.05.13 at 9:59 pm }

How amazing was the girl in the stretchy grey two piece.

17 Georgie { 07.05.13 at 10:02 pm }

The girl who missed out there at the end, whose father was an Elvis impersonator – I’d have been embarrassed too. He should make a pilgrimage to Parkes NSW for the annual Elvis Festival, if he wants to see just how embarrassing it can get.

18 daisy { 07.05.13 at 10:28 pm }

Georgie, I saw more than one embarrassing parent. And Mary was embarrassing yelling out ‘puppy on a train’ or whatever she was trumpeting.

19 Izobel2 { 07.06.13 at 11:12 am }

I love the judges. Never get bored or annoyed with them.
Wayne Brady, although not having the technical comments, is always a crack up. I loved him on Don’t Forget the Lyrics. Used to be on the weekends a while back. Funny dude.
Love Vegas week.

20 daisy { 07.26.13 at 9:49 pm }

I’m enjoying some of the choreography and the way the dancers are in sync.

21 daisy { 07.26.13 at 9:51 pm }

Mariah looked like a young Barbara Windsor.

22 Georgie { 10.04.13 at 8:50 pm }

The finale is on tonight – now!

This has been a great show. The contestants are so good, the judge’s critiques so constructive and the whole production so professional. Well done!