Nigella Lawson Attacked By Husband In Public.

nigella lawson1

In what is a shocking story are the photos of Nigella Lawson being attacked by her husband Charles Saatchi in public. Fans of the sultry cook will be be horrified and saddened by the photos and story on the UK Mirror website.

The newspaper reports they were out to lunch when an arguement broke out and he grabbed and squeezed her throat and twisted her nose. From how passer bys described the incident it seemed like a prolonged attack.

They write:

Fellow diners and passers-by at Scott’s in Mayfair were shocked to see the ­advertising ­multimillionaire reduce his celebrity wife to tears.

Saatchi launched a tirade of angry words. Four times he grasped her around the neck with Nigella, 53, looking powerless and petrified.

At first he used only his left hand, then both. At one stage he tweaked her nose then pushed both hands in her face. Twice Nigella jerked her head backwards as if in fear.

Several times she nodded ­intently while the conversation became more and more heated.

By the end of the meal she was clearly distraught and in tears.

What has also shocked people is that no one intervened.

He stormed out of the restaurant and she followed clearly upset as can be seen in the photos. Will their marriage survive? It will be interesting to see but it will definitely bring up the issue of domestic violence into the main stream news for a couple of days.

1 Maz { 06.16.13 at 11:20 pm }

If he can do that to her in public imagine what goes on behind closed doors. Is that why she is always covered up? Hope she finds the courage and support to leave him.

The restaurant should have called the police…

2 Georgie { 06.16.13 at 11:52 pm }

Poor woman. It sounds like it’s too late for the relationship though. I hope she gives him the flick. Bloody bully.

3 Library girl { 06.17.13 at 7:41 am }

Maz, I thought that too.What an absolute prick he must be.
Just shows no one can know what goes on in a marriage, and money and fame make no difference. Feel so sorry for her.

4 Littlepetal { 06.17.13 at 7:55 am }

Its a shame no one dare to go and help Nigella. Hope she is safe at home.

5 Christina { 06.17.13 at 8:15 am }

That’s disgusting behaviour and just such a sad situation. I hope this story coming out gives her the strength and support to leave the pig!!

6 daisy { 06.17.13 at 8:22 am }

I just saw that just afterward she loaded suitcases into a taxi and left. I wonder if she was telling him she was leaving at the time.

7 Joseph Skyrim { 06.17.13 at 8:22 am }

No one helped her but they had a lot of time to take photos? Wtf. She can do better (as in way better) methinks.

8 Andrea { 06.17.13 at 8:27 am }

Someone should have had the courage to intervene, hope she’s okay, just goes to show it could happen to anyone.

9 Georgie { 06.17.13 at 8:35 am }

Right-on Joseph. Keep the camera rolling – there’s no money in helping someone. On the positive side, she’s got photo evidence of domestic violence for the divorce.

10 Joseph Skyrim { 06.17.13 at 8:39 am }

That dude is a bad husband. She’s your wife, not your property or your slave you douchebag. The only thing you have to do is make her happy. Nigella should divorce his stupid ass. Sorry, this article really upsets me. :(

11 daisy { 06.17.13 at 8:41 am }

At least we know you’d make a good husband for someone Joseph.

12 Georgietake2 { 06.17.13 at 9:01 am }

While I agree, someone should have stepped in and said something, it is not always easy. We tend to not want to”interfere” in peoples business, or we are intimidated. I once stopped to glare at a couple who were arguing at a bus stop, and the guy was obviously pushing his partner around, I was too scared to get close, but I made it clear I was there and that he was doing wrong – SHE turned around and told me to F off and mind my own business. What do you do?

13 Andrea { 06.17.13 at 9:14 am }

Yes, that’s true Georgietake2, you do have to be careful as people have no respect for anyone these days.
Look how brave that woman was in England who got off the bus to confront that murdering bastard who killed that poor soldier.
Not everyone would have done that.

14 Georgietake2 { 06.17.13 at 9:25 am }

I know I wouldn’t have, I would have been frozen in terror. Ingrid Loyau-Kennett is my hero. What happened to Nigella happened in public, it probably gave her the motivation to leave. Imagine how many times he has gotten away with that behaviour in private?

15 daisy { 06.17.13 at 9:30 am }

I want to step in when I see parents calling their kids names like “little shit” or “dumbarse” (names I have heard parents call their kids) in the shops.
Instead all the shppers just stare at each other and cringe. And kidscan’t throw their case in a taxi. Swearing at your kids and calling them shitty names should be illegal.

16 Rosie { 06.17.13 at 10:36 am }

As Maz says, if that’s what he did in public, what on earth has he been doing behind closed doors?!

I am not a Nigella fan, but in this situation, she has my profound sympathy. She has left him, and I hope she makes the separation a permanent one.

17 Techhater { 06.17.13 at 3:04 pm }

How devastating for her. For this to happen in a swanky Mayfair restaurant and noone bothered to intervene or call the police is horrific. I do hope she has left him. For her and her children’s sake.

18 GM { 06.18.13 at 7:31 am }

A “playful tiff”? COME ON, Mr Saatchi! When will we call a spade a spade in Britain? Bullying and abuse is just that, bullying and abuse. It insults us all to call it anything else. At least let’s be honest. Then we can deal with our denial.

19 Christina { 06.18.13 at 7:45 am }

Yes I read that too GM (his very weak excuse that it was a playful tiff) and thought the same! Not a fun game I’d like to be part of. I wonder if advertisers are pulling out of his company?

20 Georgie { 06.18.13 at 8:13 am }

His hand is not playfully holding her neck, it’s actually gripping her windpipe which is a choke hold – restricting speech, breath and swallowing.

Nigella’s expression in the photos is a grimace – but it’s a grimace of pain not amusement.

21 nanaliz { 06.18.13 at 8:54 am }

What a joke, Saatchi just been given a police caution for assault after 5 hours of questioning. Nigella’s silence is being seen as unusually quiet and police were unable to charge him with anything as Nigella not available to talk to police. Hope she takes a stand and leaves him.

22 seepi { 06.18.13 at 9:41 am }

Playful tiff – he has no concept of how wrong his behaviour is. And the nose tweaking – just bizarre. I hope she stays far away from him.

23 Daisy { 06.18.13 at 9:49 am }

“Playful” and “Tiff” don’t go together when a man is laying his hands on a woman. Best not!
It’s why I was horrified at the movie Mr and Mrs Smith and shocked that it was made because it implied smashing each other was great for your love life.
Anyway NL wasn’t laughing or smiling.
So not a plausible explanation from hubby.

24 Socs { 06.18.13 at 2:00 pm }

He’s always been a douchebag; I don’t know what she’s doing with him. Her first husband who died of throat cancer was a lovely man (in public), very supportive. This guy refuses to eat her food, belittles her and says that nothing she cooks will ever beat beans on toast followed by Weatabix. I’d call him names that would get my post removed here.
These two weeks have not been good for women!

25 Christina { 06.18.13 at 10:37 pm }

Just read that they are still together and apparently dined at this same restaurant after the incident took place (although before the photos were leaked). An trying to fathom how it could be a misunderstanding, or “playful” but by no imagination I can sit right with this. I hope she finds the strength to value herself and stand up for how she should be treated, and that this is the wake up call he needs too.

26 The Catalyst For Nigella Lawson’s Attack By Her Husband May Have Emerged | reality ravings { 06.30.13 at 9:14 pm }

[…] the incident may have been wiped out by that other kitchen superstar, Paula Deen, using the N-word, Nigella’s husbands placed his hands to her neck in an domestic violence incident. The incident was photographed and Charles Saatchi received a caution from the Police. Nigella has […]

27 He thinks I’m making eyes at other guys but I’m not. Help! | Reality Chick { 07.01.13 at 9:02 am }

[…] to issues like yours right now, given the recent public ‘choking’ incident between Charles Saatchi and wife Nigella Lawson. Your letter is short, but it gave me a bad feeling. I don’t like to think of you turning […]