The Block – Kitchen Week

Lucky for Trixie and Johnno they won kitchen week as they said if they did not they would not be able to finish their other rooms. Their kitchen was slick for a penthouse apartment but it did seem handy that they managed to pull off the win this week.

Matt and Kim have never had a win so it would be interesting to know how their budget was looking. Shaynna really did not like all the gloss on the floors, benches and cupboards. They also had the bad luck of having their coffee machine, toaster and other Myer products stolen. Which is a bold move by the thieves considering there would be cameras around a lot of the time.

The twins were the runner’s up by half a point  if they had won again that would have been four room reveal wins.

Which kitchen did you think deserved to win the $10,000?

1 Littlepetal { 06.17.13 at 10:26 pm }

Are these appts for auction fully furnished?

2 Techhater { 06.17.13 at 10:35 pm }

Yes LittlePetal they are

3 Littlepetal { 06.17.13 at 10:35 pm }

Thanks, TH

4 Christina { 06.17.13 at 11:13 pm }

Oh, sorry Rocky it’s just for someone so unbiased you certainly like to defend the twins and condemn the others, in particular T&J!! :) But I get what you are saying, however will disagree in the sense that surely most viewers by now are understanding of the constraints and pressures put on contestants, and most are quite savvy to the reality edit.

They only have time to show snippets of what really happens, so obviously Trixie isn’t whinging or laughing all the time just as the twins aren’t nasty all the time. Personally I see strengths and weaknesses in all the teams, just like everyone in life! They are ALL only human after all.

I like T&Js kitchen best this week, but have also preferred other couples rooms at different times. House Rules is good a a Reno show as well (love the prize!)…but it’s hard to judge when all doing different areas. The best viewing, in my opinion, is seeing the different ideas and design unfold in the same area…for the same budget. As for the block…I don’t mind some drama, but I would like to see more of the decision process plus designing and building (although to be fair I think they have improved this as the show is progressing).

5 Eliza { 06.18.13 at 12:37 am }

LB – I got what you were trying to say, don’t worry! Sometimes appliances look fancier than they are 😉 I did notice the Smeg on the twin’s ovens. One last thing on this strange oven topic – do you have an Ilve oven or anything..? Just curious.. haha

House Rules was a bit interesting tonight with the scoring!

6 Zhee { 06.18.13 at 3:37 am }

Hmm, I loved the twins’ kitchen and I was absolutely not surprised that they didn’t win. It was way too obvious that Trixie is reaking in her first room reveal win… Way too scripted. Whining about having no money left so they cannot finish their apartment hinted at their win. In my opinion not deserved at all. The kitchen looked boring, the “wow-factor” was missing, esp. in the penthouse. Overall their style is not good enough for being penthouse, which is a pity. In the beginning I expected more. The first room with the feature wall and the tacky bird lamp… sorry, bad choice.

In the end, we will see either Bec and George (bonus thanks to the family tragedy. I know it is mean to point it out, but the sob story etc. And look how brave Bec is to go on playing along on the Block) or Trixie and Johno (ohhh, we had not enough money, it was sooooo hard, I missed my kids sooo much, ugh, I am such a poor an honest woman, hard working, bla bla bla) as the winners. The other 3 couples don’t stand a chance thanks to the editing or style. Guess last couple will be Matt and Kim (well, they are annoying as hell), they clearly get smashed thanks to the script. 4th Maddie and Jarod (too beige^^), the twins will be 3rd (the nasty bitches according to the script. Well, if voicing concerns and their opinion is considered being nasty. But – sometimes I wish their brains would be faster than their mouths!).

Sorry for the long posting an my bad English (not even close to being mother tongue.

7 Rocky { 06.18.13 at 5:00 am }

Zhee you hit so many points spot on. Your post was not too long and your english is impeccable. I could not tell it was your second language. Which is one more language than the majority of us can claim.

I don’t know the Twins from Adam and realize we certainly are not seeing the real Twins on this TV show so all this bias theory is “meh”. I just want the producers to maintain the level of excellence in interior design, and construction that keeps most of us interested.

8 LB { 06.18.13 at 9:39 am }

Eliza, my sister has an Ilve and it is just superb. Several friends do, too, and they love them. Thankfully we’re moving in a couple of weeks & once we get the ensuite sorted, Ilve I’m coming to get you! 

9 Anna { 06.18.13 at 9:48 am }

LB, ILve do cooking classes …. Contact them

10 LB { 06.18.13 at 10:07 am }

Cheers, Anna

11 Anna { 06.18.13 at 10:14 am }
12 Anna { 06.18.13 at 10:22 am }

Missed part of last nights episode, will have to catch the last re run at 2pm… hope Trixter is not bitching anymore about not winning

Interestingly enough that Matt and Kim haven’t won either but they aren’t constantly telling the cameras that they are awesome and they work hard and deserve to win

At the end of the day the buyer will decide who created better living space. So far twins have been smart (trying to forget the bath tub in the dressing room).

Kitchen, pantry and study have been sleek and well thought through by twins.

Madi almost got there

Bec and George keep on including cutsey crap that I personally don’t like

Matt and Kim, what the**** are they thinking with concrete walls???

Trixter just doesn’t get the market she is supposedly aiming for

13 LB { 06.18.13 at 11:16 am }

Thanks again, Anna

14 Anna { 06.18.13 at 2:13 pm }

George went right for the cake and was eating over the floor, then the remains were put back on the main plate… CLARSY!!!!

15 Techhater { 06.18.13 at 2:53 pm }

SERIOUSLY???? Shoving sprouts up your nose is supposed to endear us. Those twins have a lot to learn. Not only are they giving mothers, the police and twins a bad reputation but what about “mature” women in general. :@

16 Anna { 06.18.13 at 4:04 pm }
17 LB { 06.18.13 at 4:16 pm }

TH, boy you and I are on the same wavelength. I thought that was one of the most repugnant things I’ve seen on TB. God knows what they are teaching their kids.

18 Eliza { 06.18.13 at 7:06 pm }

Thanks LB. This year’s auction will certainly be an interesting one! Do we know what else is left after lounge and dining in their apartments? Is there just entry left or another living area as they kee calling this the ‘main’ living space.

19 Anna { 06.18.13 at 7:33 pm }

There is one more bathroom / laundry to do. Entrance, outside of the building, terrace

20 LB { 06.18.13 at 7:47 pm }

So true Eliza, the auction is what determines the winner. The judges can mark whatever they want, and we can bang on about it online, but it all rides on there being someone there who wants to buy it, preferably more than one so some competition happens.

Given that Scotty is saying that they’re at the half-way point at six weeks, how’re they going to drag the relatively small amount to do out? There is also the roof garden to do.

21 LB { 06.20.13 at 8:06 pm }

Wow, could TB be any more embarrassing? Tonight’s ep was just woeful. There was virtually no renovating, just lots of emoting everywhere and then that disaster of an outing at Caulfield Races. I was just cringing all the way through. No wonder HR is gaining ground on it.

22 Reality Raver { 06.20.13 at 9:21 pm }

LB – So agree. The whole race thing was just a product promo for Swisse.

23 Pea beau { 06.20.13 at 11:33 pm }

Whoops – think I just referred to you as BDD, RR. Clearly a Freudian slip.

24 Pea beau { 06.20.13 at 11:35 pm }

Whoops – think I just referred to you as BDD, RR. Clearly a Freudian slip. You can go to sleep now – I’m watching some cat hoarders. More entertaining.

25 Eliza { 06.21.13 at 1:13 am }

TB is losing the plot more and more which is disappointing. Hopefully they will learn with the growing popularity of HR that people actually want to watch reno shows to see people actually renovating and building stuff. They dedicate too much time to just listening to the contestants whine. Sure, it’s tough and it’s been tougher for some more so than others, esp this season, but we get it and now want to see them all get on with it! Quit it with these useless challenges.. we all know they are just pointless ways to give the contestants more money when they don’t manage it properly. I loved seeing the gorillas with their new play areas but seriously.. what the heck was going on with that challenge..?!

I have been wondering if the contestants get kick backs for each time they mention brands when they do their to camera pieces. I have been noticing this more this season like.. “I am going to take my Swiss now” and “I am just heading off to Beacon lighting” etc etc it’s so obvious! There they have been blatant examples that I can’t think of right now, but you wouldn’t normally talk like that unless you were forced to/coerced into doing so.

26 LB { 06.21.13 at 4:07 am }

TB has definitely jumped the shark with this series. Between idiotic challenges, crude product placement & virtually no renovating it has turned into a kind of bizarre soapy that has a prize at the end.

I appreciate that they have to acknowledge the companies that pay for the show, but agree with you RR & Eliza that it is being hit over the head with a Swisse sledgehammer. Given that they are all so tired and grumpy all the time the contestants aren’t a very good advertisement for Swisse :-/

27 Christina { 06.21.13 at 8:31 am }

I didn’t mind last nights ep! I actually thought there was a lot more shown on design decision making process – nice to see how/where/why they go for certain tables, paint colours etc and the disagreements/agreements between couples of which way to go. In earlier weeks we seemed to miss a lot of that. I guess the challenge overshadowed it all…but it was kinda nice to see the contestants all dressed up and doing something silly. However what was disappointing to me was that it was obvious the cops would win. Seemed a bit unfair.