Celebrity Apprentice Australia – And We Have Our Finalists

It all makes sense now why Jeff Fenech was not fired last week ahead of Layla, as this week’s challenge was at a youth refuge back in his old neighbourhood of Marrickville.

And he did redeem himself working his butt off to re-do the house. In fact he did more this challenge then he did in all the preceding ones.

It was great to see a challenge for charity that did not involved raising money or spruiking a product. The teams were Roxy, Jeff and John Steffenson. The other team was Prue, Stephanie and Dawn. Roxy immediately took control which meant things went pretty smoothly  for her team, conversely there was not leader on the other team. Which meant Prue creating chaos with her style of leadership.

To create further chaos to the challenge was Warwick Capper and Max Markson. They were given to each team, as well as Patti Newton and Nathan Joliffe. Not that the latter two received much screen time.

Roxy and Prue were getting on better until Prue tried to take over the front yard. However all was forgiven once Roxy stepped in to deal with the mess the other team was making in the back yard. Max Markson had told everyone to dig up the grass. You get the feeling he was told to do this as surely no one would be that stupid.

It was no surprise that Roxy and co won the challenge and in the end it was Prue and Dawn who were fired. Though Mark Bouris basically let Dawn fire themselves. It was also good to see that Mark was letting Deb Thomas and Dane get more air time in the board room.

The final is next Tuesday and Jeff, Stephanie, Roxy and John will be duking it out for this year’s title and again it will involve Don Boscu House with the contestants raising money for the charity.

Celebrity Apprentice Australia Final on Tuesday at 8.30pm on NINE.

1 Daze { 06.19.13 at 12:28 pm }

WTF were cappa and max doing back and lent nothing to constructive help – they carry annoyance on their shoulders, those two! Time for Prue to leave, it was too much of a strain. For once Roxy did a good job and really pulled in her contacts – seemed like the whole house was decked in fantastic freebies. A 100% improvement and a job well done.

John for the win !!! What a wonderful example of youth he is.

2 Bolders { 06.19.13 at 1:11 pm }

I dont think I’m getting this show – that dispute re the front garden did not make sense at all. Why was Prue adamant that she had to stick her plants in the ground (and how can they be her plants when the front garden wasnt her team’s responsibility) and why was Rocky wanting to be consulted?

Or do they just give these two a script to read from.

Rocky had a great edit last night – she must be in the finale.

3 Andrea { 06.19.13 at 1:29 pm }

Really enjoyed this episode, it just showed what the two teams could do by working together.
Far better to do something practical in this way rather than just trying to raise as much money as possible through contacts.

4 LB { 06.19.13 at 1:34 pm }

Said on the other thread, but will say again how pleased I was to see such a brilliant organisation as Youth Off The Streets be given such practical, immediate assistance. Got quite emotional when Fr Chris Riley was going through the revamped house.

Also thought it was emotional when Dawn Fraser was asked by Mark Bouris what she brought to the house. However I did cringe every time she had to refer to him as Mr Bouris. I cringe each time any of the contestants have to, but when it’s an indisputable Olympic & Australian legend speaking to someone who few had heard of pre CA, I really hate it. I know it’s an affectation from the US, but could we just drop it? It is just so contrived.

I still don’t get why Prue’s team muscled in on Roxy’s teams garden – what was that all about? The renovation was fantastic and much needed, but I do hope they moved the pool table and electronic exercise equipment to another part of the house. Can’t imagine the kids at the house would be thrilled swapping a pool table for a table tennis table :-/

5 Carole { 06.19.13 at 2:15 pm }

All I can say is thank god for Patti & Nathan. Max & Warick were absolutely useless. Why bring them back, I assume it was for entertainment only. Max kept going over and barking at that dog. Then Warwick got the wrong paint.

And Max was wearing a fucking suit. To dig a garden. He looked ridiculous. And much as I can’t stand Roxy, it was good of her to send those guys out the back to help out. As for her and Prue’s truce, well that didn’t last long. So glad to finally see the back of Prue. And it was nice what Dawn said to Steph after being so mean to her the other week. Glad they seem to have sorted it out.

Really hope Roxy doesn’t win. Hopefully Jon will or Stephanie.

I agree, it was a great challenge to help those disadvantaged kids. Comparing the before and after shots, you could hardly recognise it as the same place. Would have been a nice touch to see the kids come back and see the expression’s on their faces when they saw it.

6 Izobel2 { 06.19.13 at 2:45 pm }

I agree Carole I was waiting for the kids to come back and fill up the place with happiness. What a great episode. Loved it.
Happy with the final 4. I’m going for John to win still.

7 LB { 06.19.13 at 3:07 pm }

Carole & Izobel2, agree it would be nice to see the kids, but doubt it would be appropriate given that they are disadvantaged and often from violent or abusive households.

8 Izobel2 { 06.19.13 at 3:23 pm }

Yeah you’re right LB I thought about that afterwards. Maybe just the volunteers then… Anyway I have an idea in my mind that they’ll be very happy, as they so deserve to be.

9 LB { 06.19.13 at 3:40 pm }

I agree Izobel2, the clients & the workers deserve to have lovely surrounds. It really touched me when Jon Steffenson presented Fr Chris Riley with the Asics gear. Disadvantaged kids being different from other kids only highlights their situation & being kids & teens being just like everyone else is so important.

10 Ryan { 06.20.13 at 9:31 am }

I honestly think the only person whose reputation will have improved (slightly) after this show is Steffenson. Pretty much everyone else has come out of this poorly, especially Roxy and Dawn Fraser. Prue’s image has been softened, but she’s known in the media for being strong and opinionated (basically a female shock jock in addition to PR work), so I don’t consider that an improvement, really.

11 seepi { 06.24.13 at 10:20 am }

John Steffenson has come out of it well – but his frindship with Jeff Fenech is questionable.

and today Daily Tele says fenech is helping him get into boxing. Nooooo John – stay out of the ring. You need your brain cells – and your lovely face. Surely there is something else these former athletes can do besides boxing???

12 Georgie { 06.24.13 at 11:00 am }

I agree seepi, there must be a better option for JS. On the other hand, Anthony Mundine’s move into boxing was a positive one – I couldn’t think of anyone more deserving of a punch in the head than him.