On Masterchef Australia Next Week

Masterchef Australia is doing themed weeks this year and next week is Italian Week.

Sunday night looks likes the episode where “two people are asked to retire from the competition”.

Below is the synopsis for each episode:

Sunday 23 June, 7:30pm

It’s Italian Week on MasterChef Australia as we head to Melbourne’s famous Lygon Street for an Italian Food Fiesta.

The contestants are divided into four teams and assigned a dish inspired by a different region of Italy that they must prepare and sell to the public from a dedicated food stall. Each team is assigned a Nonna to help guide them in this challenge.

The Godfather of Italian gastronomy, Antonio Carluccio, joins the judging panel. Whichever team makes the most money wins. The two teams that make the least money will be considered by the judges and the least impressive team will be sent into the elimination challenge.

Monday 24 June, 7.30pm

With five contestants facing elimination tonight, the contestants are required to make guest judge Stefano De Pieri’s ravioli stuffed with quail in burnt butter and sage. The contestants have just 60 minutes to make the dish from memory. The contestant with the least impressive dish will be eliminated.

Tuesday 25 June, 7.30pm

There is no single dish that defines Italy more than the universally popular pizza. On MasterChef Australia tonight, the 18 remaining contestants are split into two teams for a supreme Battle of the Pizzas. Each team must design a menu of four pizzas to feed 150 hungry diners in the MasterChef pizzeria but they will also need to keep up with real time delivery orders from nearby homes.

The teams are given two hours to prepare for a 90-minute service. Customer feedback and pizza quantities ordered will be considered by the judges when they make their final decision on the winning team.

Wednesday 26 June, 7.30pm

Tonight, the losing team from yesterday’s pizzeria challenge are going head to head in the kitchen. But there’s a twist: the contestants are asked to draw a coloured apron and are then restricted to cooking with pantry items of that colour.

The contestants have 60 minutes to cook an Italian-inspired dish. The contestant with the least impressive dish will leave the MasterChef Australia kitchen for the last time.

Thursday 27 June, 7.30pm

In tonight’s MasterClass we are joined by the Godfather of Italian gastronomy, Antonio Carluccio, who makes his handkerchief pasta with ligurian pesto. Gary shows us how to make the perfect carbonara and George will make a risoni with chicken polpete.

1 Littlepetal { 06.21.13 at 10:15 am }

Daze mentioned that one contestant has left. Next week is very weird.
They start next week with 6 teams of 3 but the synopsis mentioned 4 teams.

I read from throng.com that the week end with Top 15

If 5 contestants were in the elimination challenge, we should know which team lost as my guess is the teams are in 4’s and one team in 5’s.

Again they are cooking with the recipe given to them. Can’t they even come out with one dish among each team?

2 craigette { 06.21.13 at 11:08 am }

Well, either way, someone can’t do maths. Tuesday’s synopsis mentions 18 remaining contestants.

3 brain dead dave { 06.21.13 at 1:50 pm }

Won’t be the first time people have mysteriously disappeared around Lygon St.

4 Daze { 06.21.13 at 1:57 pm }

BDD, Im one of them, never again – had the worst meal some years back in Long-gone St

5 Library girl { 06.21.13 at 2:27 pm }

Thanks for this. I love Carluccio and might watch for the master class episode.

6 Littlepetal { 06.21.13 at 3:26 pm }

I have seen the promo again and the person leaving could be:

Andrew, Jules or Rishi.

It can’t be Rishi as Gary has mentioned that Rishi has came up with some unusual flavours combinations that you will never think off.

Joseph said he saw a promo with Jules in a black apron. So she may not be the one.

Thus it could be Andrew. Would love to see a bit more of the Domestic Goddess.

7 emp { 06.21.13 at 10:31 pm }

Why can’t this week’s theme be ‘Competent Cooks’?

8 Eliza { 06.22.13 at 12:04 am }

Not a fan of Lygon St. Last time I was there we couldn’t even walk down the street without almost being literally dragged into the restaurants by the creepy old men out the front! You threaten me, it is highly unlikely that I will eat at your restaurant…

I have been trying to keep an eye out in the promos for who I can’t see any I don’t remember seeing Andrew.

Haha, emp, that would be a good one!

9 Littlepetal { 06.22.13 at 5:43 pm }

With the last promo on Living Room, I think C10 have revealed which team is going into the elimination challenge on Mon night. I won’t say which team. :-)

10 Eliza { 06.22.13 at 6:05 pm }

OOoo which team? You can tell me, I love spoilers!

I wouldn’t want to ruin it for everyone else though.. I must have missed that ad when I was watching or I flicked away. Tend to do that when Miguel is on. He creeps me out!

11 Littlepetal { 06.22.13 at 6:12 pm }

Eliza, I could be wrong and I don’t want to spoil it for the others. Didn’t the synopsis mentioned 5 contestants were in the elimination challenge. So look out for the team with 5 contestants

12 Eliza { 06.22.13 at 6:24 pm }

That’s ok, Littlepetal. As much as I do love spoilers I wouldn’t really want you to spoil it for others.. it seems as though the episode synopsis (and promo editors) do enough of that already!

13 Littlepetal { 06.22.13 at 7:59 pm }
14 Emily { 06.23.13 at 10:26 am }
15 Anonymous { 06.23.13 at 1:13 pm }

Gee, thanks for the spoiler, Emily.

16 Gab { 06.23.13 at 5:29 pm }

Well Long-Gone if Ihave one less person to compete with for a table at the ever wonderful Ti Amo I won’t be sad :) Their gnocchi, their mussels, their ricotta cheese cake… Mmmm maybe I will go right now!

17 Dr T { 06.23.13 at 8:39 pm }

Very sad for Andrew…

One can only hope that the person who put all the oil in the sauce is the one going home

18 Littlepetal { 06.23.13 at 8:45 pm }

We can only hope Dr T :)

19 Dr T { 06.23.13 at 8:56 pm }

Just read the link about Andrew… I do hope they let him on again next year if MC gets another go around. There is precedent in cooking reality TV (from Hell’s Kitchen – the big guy who was brilliant in his first season, and awful in his second go)

20 Georgie { 06.23.13 at 10:37 pm }

Well Kelty continues with his winning ways. It’s no wonder he’s picked last and I don’t think it’s all to do with his cooking ability. He obviously rubs a few people up the wrong way – but of course he doesn’t deserve this, he’s just part of the wrong team.

21 Daisy { 06.23.13 at 10:46 pm }

After the nonsense that was MKR, and the shaky MC start, I thought MC looked like being back on track tonight. Of course we haven’t seen amazing cooking yet but it’s early days and at least they weren’t carrying on with excess villainy, sob stories and feuds.

22 Eliza { 06.23.13 at 11:46 pm }

Georgie – I thought his comments about him being on the wrong team were really snide.. he definitely didn’t deserve to be in the losing team in the world of Kelty!

The editing tonight really wasn’t on the side of the blue team though all together. They looked really all over the place. Interesting that Vern, Nicky and Totem believe they are the best cooks in the comp. We are yet to see this!

All in all, I did enjoy tonight’s episode. I would have liked to have known how they picked the teams though and why each team was given the dish they were given. I am pretty sure I saw the whole episode so found it weird that was skipped over. There were definitely some dishes that required more prep than others.

23 Daisy { 06.23.13 at 11:53 pm }

Thanks Eliza, I thought it was just me being distracted and missing bits.

24 Littlepetal { 06.24.13 at 7:29 am }
25 Morgan { 06.24.13 at 8:57 am }

I hope Kelty finally leaves tonight.

26 Littlepetal { 06.24.13 at 9:07 am }

The red team only have small pots to make the risotto. Rather unfair I think. Not a fair challenge. Can’t understand why they were provided with recipes for these 4 dishes. They should be able to cook the dishes with the help of the Nonna’s. They are supposed to be mastrchefs.

27 Andrea { 06.24.13 at 9:20 am }

When the Nonnas came along I had visions of MKR all over again with the Italian Mammas going on and on about their Nonnas!
I enjoyed this episode, these sorts of challenges are fun, I’d like to know which charity the proceeds went to, meals on wheels perhaps?

28 Georgie { 06.24.13 at 9:43 am }

Littlepetal, thanks for the link. Maybe RR will catch up with Andrew too.

Eliza, I thought it was an interesting reason Kelty gave for not deserving to be up for elimination – “I worked my guts out” and he said it twice.

Well, I’m sure everyone did and if that was the criteria for elimination, no one would be up for it. Unfortunately it’s about the food, not how hard you worked Kelty!

29 Andrea { 06.24.13 at 10:09 am }

Not sure where to post this but anyone who likes watching The View should know that Channel 9 in their wisdom are taking it off air after Friday and showing repeats of Sea Change instead.
First DOOL, then The View, next will be Ellen, nothing left to watch during the day but I guess they have to find money from somewhere to pay for Cricket and NRL!

30 brain dead dave { 06.24.13 at 10:46 am }

Too bad Kelty couldn’t have worked the guts out of those sardines last week.

He’s got an excuse for everything. Cull him, now.

31 Joseph Skyrim { 06.24.13 at 10:50 am }

I missed last night’s ep due to family get together. Anyone know if RR’s doing a recap? 😛

32 brain dead dave { 06.24.13 at 11:04 am }

There’ll be a stack of encores on Eleven this weekend , Joseph. More than you can handle.

I’m expecting a recap shortly, until I hear otherwise.

33 Reality Raver { 06.24.13 at 11:12 am }

Sorry late recap up now.

34 Eliza { 06.24.13 at 2:14 pm }

Andrea – no! The view keeps me entertained on the days I am at home in front of the tv. Thanks for the heads up! No one wants to watch Sea Change..

35 Andrea { 06.24.13 at 2:27 pm }

I meant Sea Patrol sorry Eliza, still just as bad.
I saw this story on TV Tonight, people are not happy about it.