Reality Tidbits – Thursday Night Including Dancing With The Stars

With news Melissa Doyle is leaving for a new current affairs initiative you can’t help wondering if she will also take on a co-host role on Dancing With the Stars. One person you won’t be seeing swinging their hips is My Kitchen Rule’s bad boy Colin Fassnidge. Rumour has it they wanted him on the show but he declined.

The Norweigan’s are starting a new TV genre called slow boring TV. It is popular over there and includes shows like watching salmon swim upstream for 18 hours.  Don’t expect it to take off here. (Source: Wall St Journal)

The Daily Mail says Nigella Lawson has taken her wedding ring off and another has said she has been spotted with her husband having lunch.  Will it damage her brand if she sticks with him? (Source: Who Mag)

Ryan Seacrest will continue to host American Idol. No news on what is happening to Keith Urban.

Reality TV staged? Get out of town. Radar Online has an article about a scene being set up on Real Housewives of New York City. (Source: Radar Online)

Paula Deen who specialises in cooking southern food has admitted to using the N word. (Source: Radar Online)

List of the weirdest reality TV shows some I have never heard of. (Source: Chicago Tribune)

Simon Cowell flies in a private jet so he can smoke. (Source: Digital Spy)

Annabel Crabb’s Kitchen Cabinet returns to ABC 2 on Tuesday 2 July at 8pm. The first person she dines with is Malcolm Turnbull.

1 Eliza { 06.21.13 at 1:01 am }

‘The Norweigan’s are starting a new TV genre called slow boring TV’
Wow…

No.. I love Mel Doyle!

2 daisy { 06.21.13 at 1:25 am }

I can’t bear mel doyle and always turn her off. Her fake sympathy, with her head cocked to one side and the aaawwhhh, is the worst.
But I like Sam Armitage.

3 Eliza { 06.21.13 at 1:38 am }

Funny how people are often quite divided on breakfast TV personalities.. I never watch Ch9 because I don’t like Karl Stefanovic. I do like Sam – is she going to be replacing Mel? I find that she comes across as being quite ‘real’.

4 daisy { 06.21.13 at 1:58 am }

At least we are happy to disagree on mel, Eliza.
Yes I heard Samantha is taking over.
I agree that she is natural, and authentic.
I like Larry Emdur too.

5 daisy { 06.21.13 at 1:59 am }

Oh and Karl is my least favourite TV host.

6 LB { 06.21.13 at 3:58 am }

I really like Mel Doyle. To me, she is genuine & warm. Wish her all the best for her new ventures. Must be a relief to know there are only a few weeks left of those crazy early starts. Bet her family will be happy to see more of her in the evenings.

Sam will be missed on Weekend Sunrise – she and Andrew O’Keefe bounced off each other hilariously.

Can’t watch Today – the combination of Karl, Richard Wilkins & Richard Reid does my head in

7 Daisy { 06.21.13 at 10:48 am }

LB, I totally agree on the Sam and Andrew combo. The banter is very easy and natural. For awhile there( a couple of years ago) I thought they were falling in love because they get on so well. There seemed to be little sparkles flying.

I shouldn’t have said Karl was my least favourite because I used the word ‘favourite’ in the sentence. He comes across as an egotistical 12 year old ……. girl. He makes me cringe big time. Lisa’s OK, but I love Georgie.

The hosts on ABC and SBS play themselves up less.

8 Eliza { 06.21.13 at 11:03 am }

Love Larry and Kylie! I met Kylie once when I was at work and she is soo tiny and pretty. Glad Sam is taking over in this case. Ugh Karl in the morning in particular is horrible.

9 Daisy { 06.21.13 at 11:23 am }

Eliza, SNAP. Love Larry and Kyles.

10 Georgie { 06.21.13 at 2:46 pm }

RR, has a decision been made that Ch7 will screen another season of DWTS? Last post on it was back in March and there was talk of Ch7 dropping it and Ch9 picking it up.

11 seepi { 06.21.13 at 9:12 pm }

No detail on what Melissa doyle is going to do?
I can’t stand Karl or David Koch, or richard wilkins or that other guy – Ben someone. they are all so awful. And convinced they are so gods gift.

I think the slow tv sounds good. didn’t there used to be a channel that had a tropical fish tank and it did really well. Good background tv with some music on.

12 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 9:54 am }

Now whilst channel surfing in the morning I can visit Sunrise. Going by the number of annoying people and how annyoing they are, the Sunrise team is more doable than Today. But that’s mostly because of Karl. My two worst were Mel and Karl, with Karl in the lead (the worst worst).
But now the Sunrise team looks unbalanced. There’s one bright spark sitting amongst some pretty drab characters. Who can she bounce off? Who should go next? Who could they bring in to replace boring Koche?

13 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 9:59 am }

Hmmm. Georgie is sitting next to Koche but leaning out. Telling body language? Also she’s not laughing much like she does when she has Larry or Andrew.
I don’t stay on these morning shows because the content is poor and repeated, but I have completely left Today because Mel has gone from Sunrise. I’m curious to know the new ratings.

14 Dr T { 06.25.13 at 10:00 am }

Seepi – Mel is interviewed by Richard Aedy on the media report – podcast or listen online through http://www.abc.net.au/rn
From memory she’s going to be doing something current affairs related in the evening, but hasn’t been disclosed to the public yet

15 seepi { 06.25.13 at 10:21 am }

Here’s a novel idea – two women – replace Kochie with someone a bit brainy and lively. Chrissie Swan? Rebecca Gibney? Johanna Griggs?

Or what about the male celebrity vet =- he is nice, yet harmless, brainy and not crazy full of himself like all the other breakfast men. Steve jacobs?

16 Helen { 07.01.13 at 8:32 pm }

Daisy, I completely agree with your comments on Mel, she is terrible and she’s a terrible faker when it comes to serious news. I remember watching her when there was an election on – Koshy was actually ok because he was up to speed on what was going on (and he’s actually got a good brain in his skull). Mel on the other hand looked like a fish out of water but she was trying to look serious and knowledgeable. I can’t see her doing serious news at night. I for one, will be giving that a miss. And Karl is an idiot, he think everyone loves him.