The Great Australian Bake Off Cook Book Is Out Before The Show Has Screened

bake off

The delay in the start of The Great Australia Bake Off has meant that you can buy the book of the series before it has even been on the small screen.

If the show had started after Easter as it was meant to it would have finished or been close to ending now. In it are recipes from the series but there did not look like there were any major spoilers in there. However I only glanced at it.

This book was spotted at my local book store but you can buy it on Booktopia – it was released on Friday.

1 Anna { 06.24.13 at 4:05 pm }

RR, I’m guessing they want us to try the recipes before the show starts… that way we’ll not be able to complain that we don’t know what the judges are tasting … or it’s a colossal stuff up due to delay of screening the show

2 Reality Raver { 06.24.13 at 4:16 pm }

I think the latter – the publishing date was based on the original screening date of the series. Normally books come out towards the end of the show.

3 Littlepetal { 06.24.13 at 4:33 pm }

Oh dear. If I keep baking to see what the contestants are baking , I really really need to apply to be a contestant on TBL or anyone willing to sample my baking?

4 Danielle { 06.24.13 at 5:06 pm }

I saw it last Wednesday at my local bookshop. I was suprised to see it. I wish they would just air it and get on with it. I mean I have seen at least 10 different ads for tGABO. The only thing that puts me off is Shane Jacobson, I wonder what he knows about cooking. Early promos were about the boxer baker but he only has muffins in the book and photos of him making pastry. So the book shows who cooks what. The ones towards the end look amazing as does the bee cake!

5 Andrea { 06.24.13 at 5:12 pm }

Can’t wait for this to start, I have a real sweet tooth and this looks great.
I might check out the book.
That woman judge looks scary, I wonder if they will make that lolly cake from MC?
Hope they can make scones at least.

6 Anna { 06.24.13 at 5:23 pm }

Emma, my poor attempt at humor….

Cannot believe they messed up the viewing time

7 Daisy { 06.24.13 at 8:05 pm }

I don’t go much for cakes. Does the book have recipes for savoury bakes? Just asking so I know if this show will interest me.

8 ange { 07.10.13 at 8:17 am }

Loved the show – great to see success as well as the disasters – will be buying the book and trying some of them too

9 Anna { 07.10.13 at 8:20 am }

Was good to see people able to cook ..,

Third cooking show & I think we’ve finally found some talent lol

10 Kylie { 08.12.13 at 5:40 pm }

Love this show its great – and I love Anna – she is excellent. The judges are fabo ..love love love it.