Masterchef Australia – Another Person Eliminated

The good news was not one of the five people up for elimination said they had never made pasta before in a challenge where they had to make a Stefano Piero’s Quail Ravioli. OK Nicky may have got around that on a technicality by saying he had done noodles and ramen but still that is close enough.

Tonight Vern, Nicky, Totem, Kelty and Jules were up trying to stay in the competition with a dish where they had the recipe for the sauce and the filling but not the pasta.

Totem and Jules were quick and confident whilst making the pasta. However Jules facade crumbled whilst making the filling and she told the peanut gallery to shut up. It was noisy as they were all yelling out to everyone and it was getting on her nerves. They appear rowdier than previous series.

Nicky found out the hard way by listening to Pip as she gave him the wrong advice about what to do with his soft pasta. She told him not to add in flour, however Stefano came to the bench and told him to add flour.

Stefano was giving a lot of advice to help get them over the line. He told Kelty to start his pasta again which was good advice as in the end he put up one of the best dishes of the day.

Verne and Nicky were always the two in difficulty and it was Nicky that was eliminated as his quail filling was too mince like. So the Umami Brother were broken up. Though not for long as it appears that Vern and him are going to start a business helping amateur cooks gain experience in commercial kitchens. However are they not amateur cooks themselves? It will be interesting to find out more about Nicky’s concept.

Did you think the right person was eliminated?

1 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 5:54 pm }

Yes, Nicky has the worst dish and deserve to be eliminated

2 brain dead dave { 06.25.13 at 6:17 pm }

I had a bad feeling Nicky was gonski when he gave those quail a pasting.

Seeing these cute little game birds emulsified for some hopelessly out of depth amatas culinary dream is far from inspirating. .C’mon $hine. You’re better than that.

Would Kelty have escaped without the advice to start his pasta again?

Verne dodged a bullet, too. He’s hopeless.

3 Eliza { 06.25.13 at 6:23 pm }

Verne – all talk, no action. Not a fan of Totem from what I have seen so far either.

4 Andrea { 06.25.13 at 6:27 pm }

I felt sorry for the poor little birds too!
The right person went, none of them seemed to be very confident and they got a lot of help from Stefano.

Perhaps now Jules will stop yelling out advice herself now that she knows how annoying and off putting it can be.

If I were Vern I don’t think I’d like to carry that little bell around to remind him how his sick mother used to ring it when she needed something. To me it would be a bad reminder, best to remember something happy about her.

5 Georgie { 06.25.13 at 6:39 pm }

With Nicky gone, the three little pigs won’t have to taste his sweat tainted food anymore. That pasta last night was covered in it.

6 Georgie { 06.25.13 at 7:47 pm }

George are you serious? Your concern for the food wastage is about five years too late. For example, I didn’t hear you say anything about all the separated eggs on opening night!

7 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 7:58 pm }

George is the bad cop this year. Very nasty but not natural. He is trying to be Gordon Ramsay

8 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 8:07 pm }

They already know what pizza they are going to make. Or else how did the people that phoned in know what to order?

9 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 8:22 pm }

@8 Sorry, me bad. The guy who took the order told them what pizzas were available.

10 Morgan { 06.25.13 at 8:36 pm }

Did anyone see a giant drop of sweat fall off Nicky’s forehead last night! I almost gagged.

I don’t like Totem but I felt bad for him when George went out of his way to embarress him like that. George went way too far.

11 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 8:39 pm }

Really dont like George. Not that I have ever like him. To be fair to the contestants, they have never done service before. I think the judges should have give them some advice along the way.

12 Dr T { 06.25.13 at 9:01 pm }

So… really no mystery box, no invention test, no pressure test… I understand the need to change to keep the show “fresh”, but watching people cook pizzas was not what I had in mind

13 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 10:16 pm }

I am still watching but not really enjoying tonight’s pizza challenge.
Masterchef? Masterchefs don’t deliver pizza, do they?
I don’t really like pizza either.

BTW At least Jowlsy didn’t throw away red checked suit but allowed it to be cut into 30 pieces to make tonight’s table cloths.

14 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 10:17 pm }

Did anyone stay on 10 for Under the Dome? Is it any good?

15 Sandii { 06.25.13 at 10:28 pm }

Daisy, I stayed on and watched under the dome it was really good, something completely different to the usual reality or csi type shows

16 Sandii { 06.25.13 at 10:32 pm }

I must admit to be really disappointed with MC this season. I really don’t feel that we are seeing the contestants cook. I always enjoyed seeing what skills the cooks had and what they could come up with when under pressure. I agree that I don’t want to see cooks deliver pizzas.

17 Dr T { 06.25.13 at 10:33 pm }

Don’t bother watching “Under The Dome” Daisy… they’ve just stolen the plot line from somewhere else

18 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 10:37 pm }

I wonder how many deliveries they did. Did they only do 1 delivery and what is the point of doing deliveries.

19 Reality Raver { 06.25.13 at 10:41 pm }

Sandii – What about that cow cut in half?????

20 Georgie { 06.25.13 at 10:45 pm }

I missed the end of MC – which team won?

21 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 10:45 pm }

Ha ha Dr T. That’s what I thought when I first saw it. Seriously.

We’re recording it

Eeew. Just saw a cow sliced in half. Now I know what RR meant.

22 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 10:47 pm }

Red Georgie.

23 Georgie { 06.25.13 at 10:52 pm }

Thanks Daisy. Agree with others that so far, the challenges aren’t Master Chef standard. I wonder when the competition is going to start?

24 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 10:53 pm }

They especailly loved Kelty’s fig pizza and praised him for his idea. But I didn’t think he invented that pizza. I think I have heard of it before.

25 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 10:55 pm }

I am a dyslexic typer (especailly).

26 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 10:57 pm }

Kelly is so please with himself. He is really not a team player. Would not let Vern use one of the burnets.

27 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 10:59 pm }

@26- I meant burners.

28 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 11:00 pm }

Littlepetal, that’s what I said to Woolif. “They are on the same team!”.

29 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 11:00 pm }

Littlepetal, that’s what I said to Woolif. “They are on the same team!”.

30 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 11:01 pm }

Wah?

31 Anonymous { 06.25.13 at 11:10 pm }

Too many team challenges so far. I still don’t actually know who can really cook well. They are definitely trying to cover for their inadequacies. At least we get to see them cook in eliminations but team challenges allow people to sneak through under the radar. They really need an invention test. Agree with you Georgie, when is the competition going to start?

George was being a pr*ck tonight. It was just annoying. I know that she has a loud personality and does a lot of the commentary but I am getting tired of Jules. I like Lynton, Rishi, Christina and Pip seems like a nice girl and looks asthough she can cook too. Daniel is fine too.

Ewwwww did they really show a cow being cut in half? I know it’s not real but still…

32 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 11:20 pm }

Yes cow in half, but it wasn’t on MC.

33 Morgan { 06.25.13 at 11:22 pm }

Lynton, Daniel and Rishi are the only likeable guys left in the group. The rest are very cocky and irritate me.

34 Daisy { 06.25.13 at 11:35 pm }

Yes Dr T, you’re right. The people of Springfield are trapped.

35 Eliza { 06.25.13 at 11:37 pm }

Sorry again, me @31. Keep using too many different devices.

I know it wasn’t on MC, but on that dome show haha. Hacking up the lamb carcass the other week was bad enough on MC.

36 jinx { 06.26.13 at 4:42 am }

my biggest problem with kelty is that he gets help from other places and then presents them as his own ideas and skills. if he was left to his own pasta and flavoured his own broth? it would have been disastrous. in one of the previous challenges they shouted an idea at him and voila – come voice-over time he takes all the credit. the man is a mediocre cook but an outstanding dingbat.

I do hope jules takes some of her own advice. I like her but being a hypocrite is not on.

37 Sandii { 06.26.13 at 7:09 am }

RR when I saw the cow cut in half I initially thought eeew! Then I thought om nom nom where’s the BBQ

38 Dr T { 06.26.13 at 8:27 am }

For a combination of cows being cut in half and masterchef:

John Safran Cooks You A Mouth-watering Jamaican Stew

WARNING – not for the faint of heart / stomach

39 Andrea { 06.26.13 at 8:30 am }

RR@19, stupid me, I thought a cow had been cut in half during MC!
Surely the contestants wouldn’t do that. LOL!

I haven’t watched The Dome yet as my recorder stopped working too, so annoying! Also lost Packed to the Rafters while watching CA.
Does anyone know if The Dome will be repeated?

40 Rosie { 06.26.13 at 9:48 am }

Yes, I watched Under the Dome too. Better than the show that was on before it. 😉 And that cow seemed to have rather strange anatomy. No bones or organs, just filled with mince. Plenty of spag bol for those trapped under the dome.

Won’t be watching MC tonight….Origin! Go Queensland!

41 Daisy { 06.26.13 at 9:49 am }

Thanks for the NFTFH warning Dr T. Not looking. :)

42 Daisy { 06.26.13 at 9:53 am }

Andrea, if not one of your boys might dl for you.
I still have to learn to use the new recorder or I will be missing my shows too.
The show looked a possibility but a lot of these shows Lost, Heroes lose something to keep you watching past the first episode.

43 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 9:53 am }

I didn’t watch the dome but the rating last night was very good. Over 1 million viewers.

44 Anna { 06.26.13 at 10:17 am }

In the next few weeks I’m expecting to see these amatas to leave the building:

– Verne
– Totem
– neeha
– Coles girl
– Emma

Guessing that a female will exit tonight. Not even sure who’s on the losing team. Not paying enough attention

Pipa will not win but will make it further

Another year that a munsy will win. Still think its Christina.

Not sure if Lilliana can sell books like Julie

Jules is way to aggressive

45 Morgan { 06.26.13 at 10:29 am }

I think you’re right about those people leaving soon Anna. I’m afraid that Kelty will make it far.

We’ve hardly seen anything from Pip so the jury’s still out on her.

46 Anna { 06.26.13 at 10:51 am }

Morgan, Pip works in hospitality… She’ll be around for a while.

Not seen much of the new Amina… So not sure how long she’ll be around for.

The jury is still out on all of them… Not really seen any of them cook, think on their feet etc

47 Alec C { 06.26.13 at 12:52 pm }

Vern does look like Micheal from S3 but thinks too highly of his abilities – has made A LOT of mistakes – had one job in the 4 team street event, pasta and couldn’t even do that…

Nicky 1/3 pompous male chefs gone – Amania Jr is a one trick pony can’t see her making the top 8, Jules is grating at times, Kelty must be on for comic relief.