The Great Australian Bake Off Starts Tuesday July 9

image025
After many months of promos The Great Australian Bake Off will now start on Tuesday 9 July on NINE at 8pm.

Anna Gare will host the show with Shane Jacobson with Kerry Vincent and Dan Lepard judging the dishes.

Bake Off will have the same format as the UK version with aΒ the Signature Bake, the Technical Bake and the ShowStopper Bake. Each week one person is named the Star Baker and one person is eliminated.

There are ten contestants duking it out for the title of the best Australian baker. I will put up seperate blog post on these bakers.

I have seen the first episode and it is good and even though it sticks to Kerry Vincent and Dan Lepard are fantastic, with Kerry not shirking from doing the job she is there for that is to judge. Fans of Anna Gare will be happy as she is exactly what you expect and Shane Jacobson does crack one good joke in the first episode but I am still not sure what he is doing there.

It sticks to the British Bake Off format but razzles it up a bit with more colour and music. Fans of cooking shows will definantly like it.

Funnily enough because of the delay in the series starting the official cookbook has already hit the stores.

The Great Australian Bake Off starts on NINE on Tuesday July 9 at 8.00pm.

1 Littlepetal { 06.25.13 at 8:44 pm }

I am looking forward to this. I will watch this instead of MC

2 Andrea { 06.25.13 at 8:56 pm }

I think it looks like a fun show too.

3 Carole { 06.29.13 at 11:09 am }

Great to finally have a date after 6 mths of ‘coming soon’ then ‘after Easter’. I look forward to it. Cakes and desserts are my favourite things. I heard it was made during that terrible heat wave Melbourne had earlier in the year, so that should make it interesting. That would have been hideous conditions to be cooking in.

4 Gabby { 06.29.13 at 12:22 pm }

Really looking forward to this one. Hope it delivers.

5 Gabby { 06.29.13 at 12:28 pm }

Littlepetal, would like to say well said on a comment you made on another site yesterday. Sorry don’t want to bring up details, but well done.

6 Georgie { 06.29.13 at 12:29 pm }

I’d be willing to sign up as a taster – cakes, slices, biscuits and desserts are my favourite 4 food groups. πŸ˜€

7 Littlepetal { 06.29.13 at 12:42 pm }

Thanks, Gabby !!! I can’t remember what I said !

Good Georgie. Wish you live next door to me. I love to bake and try new recipes but I can’t finish what I bake. Also I try to avoid sugar and flour which means I can bake but can’t eat.

8 Georgie { 06.29.13 at 12:49 pm }

I love to bake too Littlepetal, but I don’t because I do finish them – all of them! No self control if any of those items are in the house.

9 Gabby { 06.29.13 at 2:06 pm }

I’ll be right behind behind you Georgie, I could eat all you mentioned breakfast, lunch and dinner and anything in between! If you like to pour a little cream over the top of the cakes and desserts all the better.

10 Andrea { 06.29.13 at 2:16 pm }

Put me down as the chocolate taster please, the more the better!

11 Georgie { 06.29.13 at 2:23 pm }

Gabby my mum used to say “there’s nothing wrong with cake for breakfast, it contains cereal, eggs and milk”.

12 Gabby { 06.29.13 at 3:32 pm }

Georgie, you lucky girl having a mum like that, that’s the kind of mum I like!

13 Gabby { 06.29.13 at 3:33 pm }

Georgie, you lucky girl having a mum like that, that’s the kind of mum I like! I can take or leave the chocolate Andrea.

14 Georgie for CB { 06.29.13 at 4:01 pm }

Oh she didn’t let us have it Gabby, that was what she said when she had cake for breakfast.

15 Georgie for CB { 06.29.13 at 4:03 pm }

No that was Georgie for herself with no edit time!

16 Gabby { 06.29.13 at 4:07 pm }

Haha, I love it. Now she sounds like the kind of mum I was, much to my kid’s dismay.

17 Carole { 06.30.13 at 9:18 am }

Same here Georgie, cakes and biscuits are my favourite things too. How do you sign up to be a judge on these shows? I like to bake too, but live alone so isn’t much point for just myself.

18 brain dead dave { 06.30.13 at 2:30 pm }

Joe Cocker gave up drinking 12 years ago and now he’s got the same problem as you gice…addicted to cake. His favourites are vanilla cream cakes, with no nuts. Helps relpace the sugar hit from alcohol, he says.

19 Gabby { 06.30.13 at 4:54 pm }

Actually funny you should say that BDD, my husband can’t drink anymore, which he is not at all happy about but ever since he is getting stuck in to my cakes, whereas they have never bothered him in the past. That’s what it must be, he’s replacing the sugar, buggar.

20 Bake Against Bake! | Food from Home blog! { 07.08.13 at 9:53 pm }

[…] The Great Australian Bake Off Starts Tuesday July 9 | reality ravings http://www.realityravings.comAfter ma… […]