Celebrity Apprentice Australia – Stephanie Rice Won

It was a lacklustre final episode of Celebrity Apprentice Australia with the producers trying to make it a feel good episode for the final four contestants after all the bitching and fighting we had seen in the previous weeks. This was good news was Don Boscu House clientele of homeless youths as they will be the ones to reap benefits from this.

In the end Stephanie Rice took out the win, with conspiracy theorists wondering if her contract with the NINE Network  gave her the advantage and why she got a good edit throughout the series.

Roxy Jacenko was the most worthy winner but the series villain was never going to take out first place. She raised a lot of money and also project managed a lot of the challenges making sure that everything went as smoothly as possible. Even in this last episode she gave practical assistance to a single mum who wants to become a photographer. She arranged a great new camera and also money to be put in trust to pay for child care so she can study.

When Mark Bouris fired her he told Roxy that he could teach John Steffenson and Stephanie Rice much more then her as his apprentices.

However these “apprenticeships” lasted all of five minutes before the winner was announced. Stephanie Rice won $100,000 for her charity the Heart’s Foundation Skip For Life, but she gave $10,000 to each of the contestant’s charities that had not won a cent. She seems like a nice person and indeed hosted a charity event for Don Boscu House last week in Sydney. Also she told the SMH today she has her own kids swimwear business.

Hopefully John Steffenson will be signed up by NINE or another Network. He was the surprise packet of the series and will have done his reputation no harm at all. He showed he is intelligent and funny as well as looking good on camera. It was great to see an indigenous Australian portrayed in a positve way on a mainstream TV Network. We need to see more of this and him.

Celebrity Apprentice did not do that well in the ratings and it will be interesting to see if NINE decides to do series four. Rumours have circulated that there could be an All Stars version, however I think they should do a non-celeb version of the show.

1 TickledPink { 06.26.13 at 11:15 am }

The best part was when Steph Rice called Roxy a ‘manipulator’ Her face was priceless!

2 LB { 06.26.13 at 11:25 am }

The final was like watching paint dry – really disappointing. The only thing I enjoyed was the good work done for Youth Off The Streets. I hope the celebs keep good their word of staying in contact with the kids from there.

John Steffensen was the absolute surprise packet of the show and would love to see more of him on TV. He was smart, funny & showed great empathy. I was disappointed he didn’t win more because I wanted to see his charity win.

The moment of the final for me was when Mark Bouris asked Roxy something along the lines of “what is the difference between Stephanie and yourself” and Roxy replied “I’m not a champion swimmer” with a high pitched cackle. The response from the people in the room? *Crickets

3 Daisy { 06.26.13 at 11:26 am }

OK.
I have a problem with the reason Bouris gave for firing JF (age) He said someting like making way for the young ones.
And although I am glad Roxy didn’t win, the reason he gave for her losing was her expertise and experience.
My problem is that they were already mature and experienced when selected for the show, so don’t allow them to enter if they can’t win.
Also does that mean that we could never have expected an older person to win and that their presence in the game is a joke?

There was an interesting interview with Step on WIN this morning. She and Roxy are enemies for real.

4 PS { 06.26.13 at 11:31 am }

It was a boring finale. The sparks weren’t there. The more interesting characters were out.
According to Bouris’s criteria for an apprentice, I don’t know why Layla didn’t outlast the older experienced ones. Inconsistent.

5 Daisy { 06.26.13 at 11:34 am }

Emma I thought Stephanie was OK but think your theory on her winning might be correct. I didn’t see her as a winner but as a reasonable and consistent team player.

6 Daisy { 06.26.13 at 11:36 am }

Maybe if the cut a live cow in half they would have had more viewers last night.

7 Daze { 06.26.13 at 11:56 am }

Roxy has no people skills, and even Bouris cringed when she threw Steph under the bus. Again. There is such a mean side to her that no matter what, will always be there even tho she pulled in the biggest cash and donations. Just no people skills nor warmth.

A very flat Finale for sure. Thought perhaps John would win as he was consistent and rarely ruffled feathers and was liked the most by all the contestants.

WTF were Pattie Max Ding Bat Crappa doing back again. They again lent nothing to the show, well except for Max organising some food donations and it was good to see him behave himself for once.

Prinnie gorgeous as she is, the song was very flat? And why not bring back all the previous contestants (or did I miss that? Prue Dawn etc)

8 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 12:02 pm }

Funny reason given by Mr Bouris to fire Roxy. Why have her when she can’t win? She has too much experience and contacts and will always raise more money than the others. Glad she didn’t win, though.

I heard an interview with Mr Bouris on radio 2 weeks ago and he was asked whether he would employ Roxy to work for him. His answer is no but he will get her company to do PR work for his company.

I wanted John to win and his ideas were good. Unfortunately he couldn’t follow through because of Roxy.

Steph think outside the square and think about the care worker. Sometimes we forget about the people that make things to happen.

Getting the kids to set goals and help them to work toward the goals is a good idea.

9 misslizzy { 06.26.13 at 12:11 pm }

I got to talk to John at three of the challenges, he definitely impressed me with his warmth and generosity of spirit. I’d like to see more of him on TV too

10 Andrea { 06.26.13 at 12:43 pm }

I though John would win too, I don’t understand Mr Bouris not wanting an older person to win, what happens after the show anyway, does he take Stephanie under his wing for a year?
It was a boring show, I really wanted to see a different challenge, I felt we had been there and done that with the Don Boscu House.

11 Ryan { 06.26.13 at 12:45 pm }

Glad Roxy didn’t win, but I think I speak for the bulk of the viewing audience when Stephanie won, I shouted ‘What the f**k for?’ I honestly can’t think of a single significant thing she did on the show. John was robbed, he’s the only one whose reputation will come out of the show better than when it started.

12 daisy { 06.26.13 at 12:53 pm }

She put up with Roxy for several weeks. That was an achievement.
But I do agree with you Ryan.

13 Ryan { 06.26.13 at 1:52 pm }

Yeah, Daisy, I’d last maybe five seconds with her before trying to remove my own eardrums.

14 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 2:03 pm }

Roxy can’t take criticisms. Mr Bouris got it right by saying she is a steam rollers and go in one direction. She won’t adapt and change her views.

15 imaketheshow { 06.26.13 at 2:04 pm }

John Steffenson is not Indigenous – he’s the child of South African parents.

Yeah, a very lacklustre finale. I would have wanted to see Roxy win considering she did most of the work. At least Jeff had corporate dollars as well.

16 daisy { 06.26.13 at 2:30 pm }

It pains me to admit, that out of the last 4 Roxy seemed the most deserving, but unlikeable.
It wasn’t fair that she couldn’t win because she was experienced and a seasoned entrepeneur, because she was already that when she was selected.
If she was rejected because of her unwillingness to listen and her bossiness, that would have been fair.

17 Trent { 06.26.13 at 2:45 pm }

I think They have already selected the winner from the very first episode.. Oh and order of elimination.

Its completely rigged.

18 Trent { 06.26.13 at 2:45 pm }

Mr Bouris just finds tiny details to fire boring or lesser known characters week by week. He also contradicts himself constantly. The only suprise contestant that made the finals was Roxy..

Its completely rigged.

19 Andrea { 06.26.13 at 2:49 pm }

Couldn’t agree more Trent, its fixed from beginning to end.

20 Jules { 06.26.13 at 3:46 pm }

Agreed: Trent and Daisy

21 JM { 06.26.13 at 9:47 pm }

Much as I couldn’t stand Roxy I thought deserved to win.

Not an episode passed where Stephanie Rice didn’t burst into tears at some point. Apprentice? Rigged!

22 seepi { 06.26.13 at 9:56 pm }

I thought Jon would win. I tried to watch it but turned off near the end. Just not enough going on for a final.

Roxy is a scary woman. Jeff seems mainly well meaning but misses the point a bit. Steph seemed young and nice but not the overall stand-out winner. Jon I suppose didn’t show enormous leadership the whole time either, but there was much more to him than I was expecting from a youngish athlete.

I really hope Jon finds something worthwhile to do with himself. Steph already has various sponsors and opportunities. Jon I feel could have done with an apprenticeship. I just hope he finds something to keep him out of boxing as a future career.

23 Carole { 06.27.13 at 2:25 pm }

I was so glad Roxy didn’t win and would have been happy for any of the 3 finalists to win.

Our finales are so lacklustre compared to the US version. They have the finale live and bring back all the contestants and their families and have a big finale. I don’t know why we don’t do it like that too.

People keep saying Stephanie won because she is a ch 9 personality, but she is the first person at 9 to win. They used to say the same thing about Dancing With The Stars too, but not all winners worked for ch 7.

It was nice seeing what they did to help the people at the house. It was a really nice touch.

24 Gabby { 06.27.13 at 2:28 pm }

I think Roxy deserved the win, I didn’t like the lady but she by far worked the hardest for her charity and that is what it was all about from the beginning. Don’t think it was a very good excuse Bouris gave to her and Jeff, as someone said earlier, why were they picked in the beginning if production knew they weren’t going to win because of age and experience. Out of those three John should have won, Stephanie has done nothing throughout the whole show. As has also been mentioned, I think it was planned by channel 9 from the get-go. Disappointing final.
Would love to have heard Steph’s interview about Roxy.

25 Littlepetal { 06.27.13 at 3:35 pm }

I thought Mr B decision to fire someone is based on the latest challenge? If based on the last challenge I think what Steph done was more meaningful in term of giving hope to the kids. John could have won if not hindered by Roxy. He has similar ideas of how to give hope to the kids, not just material stuff.

26 Gabby { 06.27.13 at 4:34 pm }

LP, I thought the show was a build up to the end about who competed the best throughout the series to become the apprentice. I could be wrong. I am with you, I think Stephanies last challenge was far more meaningful than Roxy’s material items. Throughout the series Roxy has by far been the superior player and made the most money, definitely not the nicest person but she always got the job done.

27 Andrea { 06.27.13 at 7:39 pm }

I just read on the SMH site that two endings were filmed of CA, obviously John would have won if they had gone with the second ending.
It seems so wrong to do it this way and so false with the fake acting pretending to be the winner, makes a mockery out of it somehow.

28 Littlepetal { 06.27.13 at 7:44 pm }

Not only that, Andrea. Mr B has mentioned earlier, it was on RR blog that he hasn’t decide who is going to win! How do we know who is making the final decision and John winning could have been filmed first.

29 Andrea { 06.27.13 at 7:54 pm }

Exactly Littlepetal, it is ridiculous and turns people off watching these shows, there must be a better way to do it, at least BB was live at the final and so will HR be.

30 Littlepetal { 06.27.13 at 8:00 pm }

Totally agree with you, Andrea. Not happy when they don’t treat us the viewers with respect.

31 Kleinewurstsemmel { 06.27.13 at 8:12 pm }

The series seemed promising at the start but rapidly deteriorated into a constant state of ‘meh’. This last episode was dire – the fact that some of these four remained was highly questionable. In the real world, I’m sure Roxy would have been fired long ago. For someone who is supposedly so successful, her people skills are abysmal but then, as she is the boss, people probably just elect to suck it up. Don’t get why Stephanie won. Up until this last episode, she was largely memorable for battling it out with Roxy. What else has she achieved?
Couldn’t stand Jeff at the start, he went up in my view. Wasn’t too keen on Jon, loved him by the end – and he would have been a more deserving winner. I’m over Bouris. Wish Channel 7 would bring back the UK version and non-celebrities. Alan Sugar is whole lot more fun.

32 Gabby { 06.27.13 at 8:49 pm }

Klein@31 couldn’t agree with you more, bring back the British series with Alan Sugar and non celebrities, now that’s what you call an entertaining show, week after week. Alan Sugar doesn’t pussy foot around with them.
I felt exactly the same about Jeff, I had no time for him at the start of the show but my viewpoint of him did indeed change for the better, by the end. I think Jeff even ended up surprising himself at what he was capable of and it was really nice watching it happen.
Not right what you read Andrea, so much for ‘reality’ television.

33 Jules { 06.27.13 at 9:39 pm }

I think Roxy deserved to win but I guess it’s just like real workplaces-the most competent doesn’t always get the furthest. Other factors come into play such as personability, connections and in-house relations, etc. (Stephanie was rumoured to be close with Bouris jnr while filming the show.)

34 daisy { 06.27.13 at 10:20 pm }

Jules, I think Roxy would be disliked but successful in a real work place. Don’t those who run over the top of everyone usually impress the bosses? Because they get the job done and therefore make money.
Her colleagues and juniors would dislike her but the bosses would utilize her. She’d be sitting alone eating her lunch. That’s my guess.

35 Littlepetal { 06.27.13 at 10:32 pm }

That is why Roxy is her own boss. She started her own company at a very young age

36 tammys { 06.28.13 at 7:11 am }

Yes I’m also of the thought that Roxy should’ve won. Unlikable, yes but very hard working. I actually found her inspiring at times even.
Overall a boring season though.

37 Trent { 06.28.13 at 10:18 am }

And the whole thing with Mr Bouris being angry at Prue/Roxy/Layla because they were being bitchy.. and asking the contestants to stop the arguing! What a crock

Who is he trying to kid.. It was the only intesting thing about the damn show.

38 Jules { 06.28.13 at 12:09 pm }

Lol, true, true. Ive noticed those sort of people, while talented, have a knack for being nice to the right people-everyone else can go to hell unless they serve a purpose for them.
Wonder if potential job applicants would be dissuaded in applying to work for Roxy. As successful as she is, she seems a very autocratic boss.