Masterchef Australia – Whose Pizza Shall Reign Supreme?

A restaurant service challenge is always entertaining on Masterchef Australia as you know there will be chaos and last night was no exception. The contestant’s were split into two teams to make pizzas for 150 people in the Masterchef kitchen.

To be fair very few restaurants have all the diner arrive at once with all the orders hitting the pass at the one time. Also there was the ridiculous home delivery thrown in. This was really was unnecessary as it was not real home delivery and it looked like each team only had one order each. Both of these customers would have been dialing Domino’s as the orders arrived wrong and cold.

Rishi was heading up the green team and surprisingly he was not as much as good as you thought he would be. Jules was delighted when George told her to step up and take over the pass from Faiza to bring some order into the chaos and to start barking orders at everyone. As Noelene quipped “Jules had turned into Gordon Ramsay”. In fact Jules came across as a bit passive aggressive last night.

The Masterchef producers need to share around the air time as Jules will start to get a backlash particularly with her many too camera pieces last night. She was in a strop early because the team decided to ditch her mushroom pizza for a Bianco, that is a potato and gorgonzola and was doing some mild bitching about Faiza and Rishi.

George also had his own Gordon Ramsay moment when he tipped over the bin to tell Totem off for throwing out all the pepperoni just because it was not cut right. Good point but not the first time we have seen food thrown out or  not being used. Everytime the contestant’s fillet a fish half the flesh is left on the bone and this can’t be sent to Oz Harvest.

Liliana was heading up the red team probably because she is Italian and should know how to make pizza. She was also having problems at the pass. What I don’t get is with four types of pizza’s each why they just did not keep on cranking them out. With forty dockets sitting there pizzas would have been able to be matched up to a table. Or make them up and as the orders come through stick them into the ovens as the orders are called out.

Kelty for once was not the culprit and made the best pizza for the red team. It was a fig and gorgonzola with caramelised onions. The judges loved it as did the customers. Their other pizzas were margherita, a pepperoni and a middle eastern pizza. Ironically the judges did not mention they were eating middle eastern food in Italian week.

The green team’s dough did not rise. This was Emma Dean’s fault as she was in charge of the dough and apparently it made their crusts too crisp. In fact George said the margharita pizza tasted like foccacia and no that was not a compliment. The best pizza on their team was Christina’s who made one with Italian sausage.

In the end red team won with all of the green team up for elimination. The big question is will Emma Dean play her immunity pin? And will Jules continue to come across as an egomaniac?

1 Lesley { 06.26.13 at 10:34 am }

I’m always baffled that they can’t get their act together, hell I can make pizza faster than they did. I agree with you – why not have all the bases prepped and throw the toppings on .

Jury is still out for me whether I’m enjoying this season of MC or not lol!!

2 Rosie { 06.26.13 at 10:39 am }

Emma would be REALLY stupid not to play her “ammunity” pin! But so often these contestants display incredible stupidity…

3 Dr T { 06.26.13 at 10:58 am }

Gross misappropriation of a Iron Chef statement there RR…

I’m not sure what Jules was complaining about with Rishi… she was the one who nominated him to be captain, not sure why she didn’t just go herself in the first place… that being said, I would go mushroom over potato when it comes to pizzas

Good on (Daniel) Kelty for holding his ground…. my wife doesn’t understand why the don’t just call them Daniel C and Daniel K and other Daniel (eliminated one)

4 Daisy { 06.26.13 at 11:13 am }

Yes, potato on pizza. Never!

Although at first I thought ‘mushrooms over pizza’ was an expression like arse over t*ts.
Must be the fever.

5 q { 06.26.13 at 11:52 am }

yes I agree jules getting a bit too much screentime, sometimes it is annoying, other times it is funny (when she was referring to Noelene’s death stares); but then again Kelty is getting a lot of screentime.

6 Georgietake2 { 06.26.13 at 11:59 am }

Potato & Rosemary pizza is actually quite yumm! Even though it was a fake rant and too little too late, at least someone mentioned the wastage. Finally! I kinda drifted in and out of the show yesterday, not much to see, not really caring who goes and who stays. I did end up ordering pizza and dragging some poor sod out into the Sydney rain to delivery it though!

7 brain dead dave { 06.26.13 at 12:34 pm }

I saw customers waiting forty minutes and an hour for their pizza.

C’mon gice. Real people would be long gone.

I’m not sick of Jules yet but getting there now and Cullty is becoming a tour de farce. He’s pretty anal about those burners and will be even more insufferable now that he’s made a “cracking” pizza. Only the other week Jowl$y chewed his arse out for one of the worst five dishes ever created on Ma$terchef. Well, wow, he’s made a not very difficult pizza.

If we get Middle Eastern Pizza for Italian week, thenI’ve got grave fears concerning the approaching Wild,Wild West themed episode. We may yet see a cow cut in half in “Under The Jowl”

Emma should use the pin but she’s thick enough not to.

8 Morgan { 06.26.13 at 1:09 pm }

I hope Emma uses the pin and just gets it out of the way. Alice from last year had around three oppourtunities to use her pin and decided not to each time.

I really hope the judges don’t start going on how Kelty has “improved” after managing to successfully make ravioli and pizza.

9 Reality Raver { 06.26.13 at 1:21 pm }

Maybe Kelty needs to swap from his Irish cooking to Italian.

10 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 1:31 pm }

One of the girls will be eliminated tonight. My guess is either Neha or Fauzia.

11 brain dead dave { 06.26.13 at 1:32 pm }

Tonight’s Italian alimination is to make a dish of just one colour.

12 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 1:39 pm }

Neha and Fauzia can cook an Indian inspired Italian dish. Pasta with an Rogan Josh sauce? Lentils risotto ?

13 daisy { 06.26.13 at 2:00 pm }

Just watching the rerun while waiting for Dr Phil.
It funny (not ha ha) that George would praise the chillie prawn pizza because they were “generous” with the prawns.
Of course they would be. They’re not paying for them themselves and they want to win.
Also one of the girls said, “Oh they’re stealing our customers. That means they haven’t got as many orders”.
Getting the orders doesn’t necessarily mean you have the best pizza.

14 Techhater { 06.26.13 at 2:27 pm }

Daisy interesting show on ABC2 @ 8.30pm tonight. Best Jewish Mum of the year. Gee noone asked me to enter. HaHa

I am really glad the green team lost. Might see someone cook something amazing or someone who thinks they’re amazing go home.

It would have been good to have had some feedback from Rishi with his take on what happened during service.

15 daisy { 06.26.13 at 2:34 pm }

Actually I glimpsed the preview, TH.
I’ll watch and get back to. But I warn you, we might go, “Oh, I wonder if TH does that”. 😉

16 Anna { 06.26.13 at 2:39 pm }

Middle eastern pizza during Italian week?? The judges loved it? Really? Cannot possibly that hard to make vegetarian Italian Pizza if she has dietary requirements.

Is she in the alimination challenge? If she is then she might be the one who’s going tonight, if not then neha. Definitely a female exit

Wonder if George washed his hands after playing with the trash…

Mentioned to someone that when in Melbourne I’ll need a place to have dinner at. Was told “Georges Restaurant’… my reply was, DON’T like George.

The genius replied ‘Doesn’t matter, since George is never there’… argghhh

17 Anna { 06.26.13 at 2:41 pm }

Techhater , may be Barbra Streisand will get the award … LOL

Her take on the ‘typical’ Jewish mother in the movie was hilarious…

18 Techhater { 06.26.13 at 2:43 pm }

Daisy more than likely I do. 😀

19 Joseph Skyrim { 06.26.13 at 2:55 pm }

I liked last episode but man these people lack a bit in the foresight department. Beginning to like quirky (possessive) Kelty even more and really like Jules with her strong personality and… well, for someone that has 4 kids she’s easy on the eyes. ;p

The old lady commenting about her turning into Ramsay and to “give us a break” <– No I don't think so! You are behind the 8 ball so you get your shit together this instant.

Didn't think Rishi was going to make a good captain because regardless of his build he's the nerdy type and he proved me right.

Good move stealing the customers too, all of whom would have been hungry already. I don't think these people were eating for free, infact I think they paid big bucks to go in there (if the previous mc pop-up prices were anything to go by) and prolly didn't want to leave without SOME food.

That or they were under contract that they can't exit prior to service finishing. 😛 I think Neha will go tonight (she's making pizza again?) as the other girl should be protected by her god and master. Coles.

20 Anna { 06.26.13 at 3:05 pm }

Joseph, Noellen with her ‘ don’t give me lip’ look doesn’t like to be told… she should have out performed all of them.

Age has nothing on experience and time management

21 Dr T { 06.26.13 at 5:31 pm }

Evidently this years series isn’t as good as the past… not enough material for BDD to avoid referring back to MKR, and Skyrim’s biting satire has taken a hit…

Barbara Streisand is responsible for one of the funniest things in internet history – the Streisand Effect

22 daisy { 06.26.13 at 8:33 pm }

I wonder if we will still get MC tonight here in the west. It’s only 6.30.
Did it air in the east? We lost B&B.

23 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 8:40 pm }

Yes, it is on now in Sydney. Started 1/2 hr later.

24 daisy { 06.26.13 at 8:42 pm }

Good. Thanks littlepetal.

25 Moonstruck { 06.26.13 at 9:36 pm }

With the politics only half of MC recorded. Who got eliminated?

26 daisy { 06.26.13 at 9:38 pm }

Julia

27 Reality Raver { 06.26.13 at 9:44 pm }

Moonstruck – Faiza

28 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 9:47 pm }

You are funny, Daisy

29 Anonymous { 06.26.13 at 9:48 pm }

Thank you Emma.

30 daisy { 06.26.13 at 9:51 pm }

How come Red team were using oil. It’s not red.
If they could use oil, others should be allowed to use essential ingredients.

31 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 9:54 pm }

You can use red Palm oil.

32 daisy { 06.26.13 at 9:54 pm }

OMG Major wardrobe malfunction from Lynton.

33 daisy { 06.26.13 at 10:06 pm }

Garlic is so basic. If they are going to say no one but white can use garlic, then no one else can use salt. And no one can use oil.

34 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 10:09 pm }

There is pink salt.

35 woolif { 06.26.13 at 10:12 pm }

Did they use pink salt Little petal.
It’s not fair when they all have different ingredients.

36 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 10:16 pm }

No. No pink salt. Just pulling Daisy’s legs.

37 daisy { 06.26.13 at 10:22 pm }

Littlepetal, I would have gone green if I had a choice.

Poor Faiza. She was sweet.

38 daisy { 06.26.13 at 10:23 pm }

Littlepetal, I would have gone green if I had a choice.

Poor Faiza. She was sweet.

Hey Littlepetal, you punked me 😉

39 Dr T { 06.27.13 at 12:02 am }

(impersonating Good Morning Vietnam)

My brother has had contact with Clarrisa in a musical setting in the past… the dislike expressed towards her by her fellow contestants in MC… how do you say it… art imitates life

40 Eliza { 06.27.13 at 12:28 am }

What the heck was Lynton wearing?! He just took a dive in the hotness stakes. Hopefully his form can improve.

I live in Sydney but managed to just catch the end, only started about 5 mins late for me. I quickly watched through after the footy which I should not have bothered watching. I fast forwarded through much of that also.

As others said, it was pretty obvious a girl would go home tonight and it was pretty obvious from early on who it would be. At least we are starting to see the pecking order develop, although it would be about time for an invention test. Feel as though we haven’t seen Lynton or Daniel cook for a while except for team challenges.

41 Joseph Skyrim { 06.27.13 at 8:57 am }

Arrrgh I picked wrong! Obviously Neha’s pizza reigns supreme! 😛
I’m guessing that (despite not saying it), they were equally crap but Neha at least had a better Italian idea behind it.

Also, yeah she was way too happy in the interviews and Faiza was all pouty. :(

42 Morgan { 06.27.13 at 9:04 am }

The editing made it so obvious that Neha and Faiza would be the bottom 2. Faiza’s dish looked pretty bad so she probably deserved to go but she seemed like a nice girl.

And next week is… another team challenge. This is getting ridiculous.

43 Daisy { 06.27.13 at 9:12 am }

Eliza, Lynton enjoyed the blind grab in the pantry so much he decided to get dressed the same way.

I guess a woman will be having to choose his clothes.

44 Eliza { 06.27.13 at 3:35 pm }

Haha, Daisy I think so!!

45 Carole { 06.27.13 at 5:43 pm }

What a hypocrite George is. How many times are they told to throw out perfectly good food because it isn’t absolutely perfect? Then he has a go at Totem for throwing out food. Every time someone throws something out, George is there in a flash to see what they fucked up. He’s like a vulture, nothing escapes him.

It was absolute madness in that kitchen, and George stands there yelling at them to move it. Get in there and help them!!!!! They are going as fast as they can, they are not machines and can only go so fast.

My favourite pizza was the prawn one, love prawn pizza. Jules was right about the potato pizza. Mushrooms are quick and easy to slice and don’t need any cooking, they will cook in the oven. Potatoes need to be peeled and pre-cooked which would take ages. It was a bad decision when you are pressed for time.

I agree, they should have had all the pizzas ready to just put in the oven as they were ordered. And the home delivery was ridiculous and totally unnecessary and took way too much time.

46 Littlepetal { 06.27.13 at 5:55 pm }

Carole, last night episode, George’s behaviour was disgusting.

47 daisy { 06.28.13 at 12:53 am }

TH I got into the Jewish Mums when Emma and Ruth clashed.
I agree with the cold soup lady getting the boot.

48 Jen { 07.06.13 at 12:30 am }

I’m curious on how they notify/ get the public in? I’m just one of those envious melbournite’s who wish they had known where to go at the right time. However it did make curious on how they advertise for these “public” challenges?