The Mole Starts On SEVEN Next Week

Fans of The Mole will be pleased to know the much anticipated series will be starting next week.

SEVEN has announced will premiere on Tuesday July 2 at 7.30pm and will continue on Wednesday and Thursday at 7.30pm.

It is unclear whether it will continue three nights the following week or if it will drop to one episode only.

The show will be hosted by Shura Taft who has big shoes to fill taking over from Grant Bowler.

The premise of the show is contestants are placed in a series of challenges. The twist is that one of the contestants is out to sabotage them aka The Mole. A person is eliminated each episode.

News.com.au states the contestants include law graduate Seble, lifeguard Jayden, community youth leader Hillal, building sales representative Shaun, design consultant Ally, AFL development officer Sam, and human resources manager Kerrie. Also it includes art gallery assistant Nick, sponsorship co-ordinator Erin, communications graduate Aisha, medical secretary Linda, and engineer Alex.

The Mole on SEVEN starting Tuesday 2 July at 7.30pm.

1 Littlepetal { 06.26.13 at 1:35 pm }

I have never watched the Mole but I will this one.

2 daisy { 06.26.13 at 1:38 pm }

I used to enjoy it.

3 Reality Raver { 06.26.13 at 1:40 pm }

Little Petal – me neither so we will both have fresh eyes so to speak.

4 daisy { 06.26.13 at 1:48 pm }

My guess is they’ll have changed in keeping with some of the usual drama, villainy and back stories that they now do in TTV.

5 emp { 06.26.13 at 2:45 pm }

I used to watch it when Grant Bowler hosted it and it was amazing. I hope it is still good. But three times a week seems a bit much.

6 Andrea { 06.26.13 at 2:58 pm }

I loved it when Grant Bowler hosted it so I hope this is just as good.
The person who is the mole has to be very subtle in the way they go about sabotaging challenges so that we don’t suspect them.
Its fascinating trying to figure out who it is.

7 Trent { 06.26.13 at 3:25 pm }

I love The Mole!

Next to BB, Survivor and TAR its my favourite!

I think it will be a huge success

8 Techhater { 06.26.13 at 3:41 pm }

Our whole family LOVE The Mole. And as I said on another thread it’s been worse than being pregnant watching 10 months of promos.

But the wait is almost over. I think Shura Taft should make a good host although I really did like Grant Bowler.

9 daisy { 06.26.13 at 5:18 pm }

TH after the Jewish mum, check out Would I lie to You on ABC. Hillarious.

10 Dr T { 06.26.13 at 5:25 pm }

Bit late there RR – it started about 3 years ago…

The final episode is tonight on ABC News 24

It’s a bit like the WWE Wrestling – Loser Leaves Town Match

11 Georgie { 06.26.13 at 5:35 pm }

So it should be okay for these contestants to say “game on mole!” 😀

12 Alicia { 06.26.13 at 5:45 pm }

Love The Mole, looking forward to seeing it again!

13 Kess { 06.26.13 at 5:52 pm }

I used to watch just for Grant he was the best host I have ever seen, a bit sneaky, a bit naughty, sexy bugger.

Grant left and 7 and Tom the dancing droning tradie killed it.

Glad to see it back.

14 Eliza { 06.26.13 at 5:54 pm }

I have high expectations. As everyone’s saying, it was great when Grant Bowler was host.

15 Andrea { 06.26.13 at 7:18 pm }

Tom was awful as the host!
He spoilt the whole thing so I hope Shura does a good job, he was great on kid’s show “Pyramid”, he should be okay but whether he will be as good as Grant remains to be seen.

16 daisy { 06.26.13 at 8:07 pm }

Kev was the mole. 😉

17 Dr T { 06.26.13 at 10:05 pm }

😉

You win Daisy

18 Dr T { 06.26.13 at 10:11 pm }

Awful news for Gabby Millgate hey RR – who will she lampoon now?

19 Izobel2 { 06.26.13 at 11:40 pm }

I wonder if The Mole will be different this time round with so much social media around now??
I watched one season (Jess from original Big Brother was on it) and I really liked it. I watched the replayed version on during midday a couple of years ago. Don’t remember who the host was.
Nice one Georgie @11.

20 Trent { 06.27.13 at 8:10 am }

Nice memory Izobel!

I am actually friends with Jess. She’s hilarious.. It was a shame she was kicked out first ep of the Mole though.

21 Andrea { 06.27.13 at 8:00 pm }

Trent, how did Jess like the Big Brother experience?
At least she wasn’t a bully like you know who!

I hope The Mole won’t have different endings either with more than one mole to choose from, whoever the producers decide to go with, it seems to be the way finals are done these days.

22 Izobel2 { 06.27.13 at 9:46 pm }

Imagine trying to script that Andrea! The whole different endings with more than one Mole thing! They’d have to weave all sorts of scenarios throughout the series! It would be crazy.

Thanks Trent. Jess did seem very bubbly and fun on both The Mole and Big Brother. I remember when she married Marty, and I believe they have broken up now though haven’t they. And I remember something about her brother passing away or being hurt during the Bali Bombings. Terrible.
And I reckon she was on another reality tv show recently… Dating in the Dark I think?

I’m very much looking forward to next week anyway!

23 daisy { 06.27.13 at 10:24 pm }

Jess and Marty were great on BB.
But Fryzee was my all time favourite. I liked Imogen on Celebrity Big Brother. Vesna was hillarious but tooooooo rude.
Who were your favs people?

24 Trent { 06.28.13 at 10:26 am }

She loved her BB Experience and we were in contact throughout the latest series. She was a big Michael fan, Yes sadly not long after leaving the house she lost her brother in the Bali bombings. She is still full of life and one of the sweetest and funniest girls ever. I still think they should have an All Stars season but i wonder if channel 9 can recruit previous Channel 10 housemates? Izobel your memory is amazing!

Cant wait for the Mole hope there is high tension at the end with the red screen and green screen remember that?

25 daisy { 06.28.13 at 6:55 pm }

Trent I’d watch a best of.

26 Andrea { 06.28.13 at 7:27 pm }

Izobel, it would certainly keep everyone on their toes though wouldn’t it? Trying to guess who the mole was?
I do remember the red and green screen come to think of it Trent, hope they do it again.

As for my favourites in BB Daisy, I can’t remember all their names, but I did like Peter, Reggie, Chrissie, Zac, The Logan Twins, Jemma, Paul and Estelle.
Most undeserving winner was Trevor IMO.
Most spiteful and unlikeable was BEN the Bully.

I’m dying to know what the twist is going to be this year!

27 daisy { 06.28.13 at 7:38 pm }

Andrea, oh yeah, how could I forget Reggie. She was my favourite female. It would be good to see Estelle get another go without the nasties ganging up.
If they put Ben inagain it would have to be in a house made up only of nasty, gossiping bullies. Then it would be even.

28 Andrea { 06.28.13 at 7:55 pm }

Paul would give Ben a run for his money that’s for sure!

Most memorable was Merlin when he came out on stage with his mouth taped holding up his refugee sign.

This time I hope they have proper seating on the stage when they are evicted, and give them all a prize at least!

Don’t forget Top Model tonight.

29 daisy { 06.28.13 at 7:59 pm }

Thanks Andrea, it’s already set to go as are my other shows tonight.
Don’t forget SBS2 at 8.30 if you like it.

30 Andrea { 06.28.13 at 8:10 pm }

I do like “If You are the One”, on SBS2, its funny if anyone wants to give it a go, there isn’t a lot to choose from on Frid and Sat nights.

31 daisy { 06.28.13 at 8:22 pm }

I know who the Mole is on MC.

32 Andrea { 06.28.13 at 8:27 pm }

Who?

33 daisy { 06.28.13 at 8:51 pm }

I think George because he looks like one.
But then there might be others.
MC x The Mole. A sabotaging chef.

34 daisy { 06.28.13 at 10:48 pm }

Did you guys see Brother Buns is going well with his match?

35 daisy { 06.28.13 at 10:55 pm }

BDD said it when he said IYATO is brutal. That poor 37 yr old got pulverised.

36 chris EM.. { 06.28.13 at 11:25 pm }

DR T. A FRAUD – Not a Medical Doctor at all. What does PAD , Stat, Revlon, COAD etc.etc mean. These are easy.

37 Dr T { 06.28.13 at 11:59 pm }

Feel free to look them up Chris. That is what Dr Google is for

38 emp { 07.03.13 at 12:27 am }

episode 1 was…okay. did the old mole have the constant narration from the contestants or have i been watching too much MC/MKR? either way they talked way too much. shura is no grant bowler either.
i do not like how they are stretching two challenges over a numerous episodes. it seems slow and paced poorly.
nine out of tweleve contestants are under 30 which means nine out of twelve are irritating as fk. i should know, im 23. most of them are pretty hot too which isnt too bad.
mole tip: aisha, alex for now.

39 Eliza { 07.03.13 at 12:40 am }

Haha emp, I was noticing the lean towards more younger contestants. Not all us under 30s are that annoying, come on!

Agree the episode was ok. He is no Grant that’s for sure. Was a bit slow and I was annoyed that the challenge was crossing over to tomorrow as well. If I like the show I will watch it, not just because the challenge was spread across 2 nights.. for goodness sake.

I can’t remember if they narrated either.. If they did, probably not as much as they do now. It was annoying. They could get through so much more with less useless chatter about how hot each other are.

The tweets are just going over board now too… It is distracting!! We don’t need to be Tweeting about everything.. This constant need for everyone to know what we’re thinking every second. They should just save it up and write massive comments on blog sites like I do.

40 Reality Raver { 07.03.13 at 7:41 am }

There will be a recap on The Mole. I am just running a bit behind.

41 daisy { 07.03.13 at 8:58 am }

Damn. I forgot to watch last night.