The Mole – Interesting But Not An Attention Grabbing First Episode
I have to confess this is the first time I have really watched The Mole so I come into with fresh eyes and enthusiasm. However I thought it started off slow but there was enough in the first episode to get me to tune in again.
Not straight out of the blocks frenetic activity like The Amazing Race Australia does.
To be fair it is a different format where the twelve contestants have to try and flush out who the mole is. Also first episodes are always difficult as there are all new contestants who we are trying to get to know and in this case as well the host, Shura Taft.
The winner of the show can get up to $250,000. However to get that money they have to complete challenges and in them The Mole’s role is to sabotage them.
Five minutes in I realised this would be a reality TV show I would never go on. Too much physical exertion with too little cash prize. After the first episode there is barely $4000 in the prize pot.
The show started with them split into three teams blindfolded then dumped in the middle of nowhere and told to find their way to a flag on a beach. Each team that did it in the allotted two hour time frame would get $5000 for the prize pot. The second challenge was to rope walk over a ravine with each pair crossing they would get $500 for the prize pot.
Few quick thoughts about the episode:
- At first I thought they had been dumped in Roxby Downs and I thought this will be very interesting indeed, but no it was at a beach;
- All the cast look like they have been cast because they are assertive. Props to Ally for not being shy on telling people what she thinks. Considering two of the males on her team thought a majority vote was when the males decide what to. Alex the engineer decided they would be able to make it to the flag in time so pulled the help card where a car came and collected them. The girls were right when they said they had another hour to get there;
- It was ironic the team to make it to the flag first were the only ones that arrived with their luggage;
- Ally also lost it at Kerrie the HR manager who was nominated treasurer who had decided to sacrifice half of the prize pot to get herself an exemption from the elimination quiz;
- Which raises the question how are they going to make watching do a quiz on a computer interesting;
- The editing of the challenges need to be snappier as it felt too drawn out;
- The most interesting contestants at the moment are Nick, Alex, Ally and Shaun just looks like a douche.
At this point I have no idea who the mole but suspect is not one of the obvious one.
What did you think will you be tuning in again? Who do you think is the mole?