The Block 2014 Applications Are Now Open!

Finally the applications for The Block 2014 are now open.

If you want to apply here is the link on the official website.

Also that other design show House Rules is looking for series two applicants and considering you get your house renovated and can get your mortgage paid people with dumps may want to apply.

Considering SEVEN gave away one of the biggest prize pots on Australian TV I am surprised they did not highlight they had given away. It was not in the winners press release and I don’t think host Johanna Griggs mentioned it on the live program, but I may have missed it.

Go here to apply for House Rules. Also below is the shot of Jane and Plinio not being hugged on the grand final night.

grand final shot

Related Posts

• Sorry there are no related posts

1 Georgie { 07.03.13 at 6:17 pm }

Oh no, here we go again – application central. Tell us your life story in a blog post!

2 Dr T { 07.03.13 at 6:58 pm }

Hi, I’m a 32 year old doctor from Melbourne. My wife and I have one child and one fetus. I’ve have never been on a reality show, but I want to be like Dr Andrew Rochford, and get a filthy big contract on commercial TV presenting mindless rubbish and interviewing C grade celebrities and working with D grade shock jocks.

Many generations of my family have been involved in the building industry. My great great great great great great great uncle was a builder in his village in rural Germany. He modernised local building techniques area, building houses made out of bricks when it became clear that the straw and mud houses were susceptible to attacks from a large wolf species found only in southern Germany.

My wife loves repainting the rooms in our house, and is an expert at cornices. I love spending my spare time as an involved in amateur aeronautic engineering. My paper planes flight further than anyone elses in the office. I have never attempted to renovate anything before, but I once got to hold a hammer during a hip replacement – it’s not orthopaedic surgery unless there’s a hammer involved!

I have been told that I have a face that makes blind people cry, but a heart of gold! I’d think I’d be perfect to come on the block!

3 Georgie { 07.03.13 at 7:04 pm }

You’re in Doc. You didn’t mention it, but I bet you’ve driven a few screws in your time too – titanium ones of course.

4 William { 07.03.13 at 7:41 pm }

Hi my name is will and I am 11 years old and I want to sign my mum and dad up for the block 2014. I hope you notice this comment and make my parents on the block in 2014

5 William { 07.03.13 at 7:43 pm }

There names are sarah and tony fairweather and we live in brisbane

6 William { 07.03.13 at 7:51 pm }

They are both 41 now but will be 42 then. We have six people in my family including dogs and cat. My dad loves changing his office every month.

7 sally Jones { 07.03.13 at 8:43 pm }

I’m 23, my sister (Laura 20) & I are addicted to The Block and think we’d nail that show! Love a challenge. And with no experience we’d show the world u don’t always need it.

8 Castor canadensis { 07.03.13 at 8:56 pm }

Hello, I am a 29 year old common North American Beaver called Joe. Me and my half cousin Pierre are awesome at building large dams across rivers. We immigrated to Australia on 457 visas, and are currently buidling a secret hydroelectric dam across the Franklin river in Tasmania. When we finish that project we would love to be on The Block!

9 Pinus pinaster { 07.03.13 at 9:02 pm }

Hello, I am a maritime pine tree. I am growing in the South West of Western Australia in a sustainable plantation. I am not native to Australia.

My and all my friends have good solid constitutions, and would love to be building materials in the next season. We can be a chip of the old block!

10 Georgie { 07.03.13 at 9:09 pm }

#8 & 9 – rofpml and I’m crying and my sides are aching.

11 Techhater { 07.03.13 at 9:44 pm }

DrT and the 2 species of tree. I am going to love this thread even more than the last Block application thread.

RR please keep this one going for a while. I know you didn’t like the last one but they are such a good laugh.

12 Dr T { 07.03.13 at 9:49 pm }

Only one species of tree I think you’ll find…

13 Littlepetal { 07.03.13 at 9:57 pm }

We will getting heaps of applications. Keep it coming guys.

14 Techhater { 07.03.13 at 10:04 pm }

DrT HaHa you are SO right. My Bad.

My sincerest apologies to the Beaver. I’m slightly distracted watching last night’s and tonight’s eps of the Mole. While catching up with peoples’ comments.

:-S

15 Christina { 07.04.13 at 12:01 am }

Anyone know what C&L’s mortgage would have been? You would think more than the standard $100k or $250k Aussie TV usually offers… (Not that there is anything wrong with winning that)!

16 Andrea { 07.04.13 at 7:44 am }

So funny Dr T, You would be a shoo in, it couldn’t be much different from hip replacement could it?
I think I’d be good too, I’m looking for a partner though. Littlepetal offered to go on MKR with me, her cooking and me supervising.
My renovation skills are just as bad so I need someone to do all the work while I supervise once again, maybe the beaver or the pine tree could partner me?

17 Anna { 07.04.13 at 12:17 pm }

I want my 15 seconds of fame, not to sleep nor eat properly for 10 weeks. Oh did I mention I don’t like challenges since I think they are a waste of time and I want to win money?

LOL

18 LB { 07.05.13 at 12:27 am }

Have driven past The Block a couple of times in the past few days. Oh dear. Now looks like a budget motel that has been painted black & had some plants attached to the exterior.

19 Anna { 07.06.13 at 5:47 pm }

Maintenance will be high as someone will have to look after the out door plants, the place will have to be repainted all the time as well…

NOW why the flick do they all want indoor gardens???? Who has the flipping time to look after them? Poor plants will dry out and will have to be tossed out.

Had to laugh that Maddi took someone else s brochure & installed timber ceiling ….

20 Dr T { 07.06.13 at 6:18 pm }

Alot of people have indoor gardens Anna… with the right lighting, plastic bags and alfoil over the windows and a bit of fertilizer they can be quite a tidy earner… and less likely to explode compared to running a DYI lab

21 Anna { 07.06.13 at 6:26 pm }

Dr T, the gardens will need a lot of TLC. Some of the contestants installed 3 on the balcony…

I don’t have one as I’d need stratas permission and they’ll say NO

I complain that the woman next door is noisy, they tell me that nothing can be done

I tell her that she is noisy (constant door slamming 24/7) she says ‘I’m quiet, you are noisy!’ Easier dealing with a toddler then 50 something year old woman…

22 Dr T { 07.06.13 at 6:27 pm }

Yes… yes, but with hydroponics your indoor garden can become a business *wink* *wink*

23 Anna { 07.06.13 at 6:30 pm }

Still need strata to approve LOL