Big Brother Has A Launch Date

sonia kruger

It is looking like Big Brother is going to launch on Monday the 29 July the day after The Block finale on Sunday 28 July.

Eagle eyed TV Tonight spotted that Dreamworld has pre-sale tickets on offer.

The tickets are selling for between $30-$40.

What is interesting that on the US version there is a “scandal” occurring because of some racist and homophobic remarks made by the contestants that were edited out of the show but they came through the live feed. Yes it involved the N word and some other stuff. Go here to read about what was said.

There is debate surrounding it for two reason. Firstly because they are not showing the people as the really are, and the fact the network took some time to act to the furore. For the record two of the girls have lost their jobs in the outside word.

What is interesting is why they did not show it. Isn’t the point of this show is to lock different people up in an house and see how they interact?

As we saw last year, we only get to see the edit that they want us to see and with no live feed we can not really tap into what is going on in the house 24/7.

Are you going to watch Big Brother this year?

1 Littlepetal { 07.07.13 at 7:55 pm }

How are you feeling today, BDD? I am exhausted after yesterday ride in the Pyrenees and a quick duck to the Wimbledon. I have to do it again tonight.

2 Andrea { 07.07.13 at 8:08 pm }

Golo didn’t like white Australians, Yoo just didn’t like Bully Ben winning BB.
Neither did I, but I won’t be able to resist watching the show.

3 daisy { 07.07.13 at 9:47 pm }

Yes but Littlepetal and BDD, did you win anything?

4 Littlepetal { 07.07.13 at 9:49 pm }

Nothing, Daisy.

5 daisy { 07.07.13 at 9:52 pm }

Just a sore bum from riding for nothing then.

6 Littlepetal { 07.07.13 at 9:55 pm }

But you can enjoy the beautiful scenery. Happy to do it again tonight.

7 daisy { 07.07.13 at 9:57 pm }

Get yourself some padded cycle pants then. They work wonders.

8 Trent { 07.08.13 at 10:02 am }

Enough with the bullying crap. I think Estelle was more boring then watching grass grow and that is why she didn’t win!

9 Daisy { 07.08.13 at 10:40 am }

So if someone is boring it’s OK to ostracise them and treat them like a pariah?

10 Trent { 07.08.13 at 4:10 pm }

*facepalm* no i am not saying that.

But there must be a reason Estelle annoyed every single person in that house (Except Ava of course)

11 scrimshaw { 07.08.13 at 8:59 pm }

That Sonia is a plain nasty piece of work and so fake. That ‘hows your dad’ comment from the dancing show. Cantstandya!

12 Andrea { 07.21.13 at 9:35 am }

I just read on the TV Tonight site that the Friday night games are back ( except its on Saturday nights ) and its been hosted by Mike Goldman ( good ) and Shelley Craft of all people ( bad ), along with our favourite ( not ) Michael the ginger cockroach!
Could work, who knows, at least its something to watch on Saturday nights, apparently its only for the first 4 weeks though so don’t know what happens after that.

13 Gabby { 07.21.13 at 10:40 am }

Thanks for that bit of info Andrea. I wonder why they chose Michael to cohost? Strange, then again they must have seen something in him. Wonder if he has cleaned his act up, had a hair cut or at least brushed it.
As you said, something to watch on Saturday nights.
I do hope they have chosen a wide selection of House mates this time and not just people from casting agencies that want to be an actor or make it on TV. I want to see ordinary, every day people that aren’t scared to voice an opinion because they are too scared at what people will think and scared of being nominated.
I wonder who the first couple will be? We all know that they know if they are in a couple they have more chance of staying in the house longer. It will be fun watching a romance unfold.
I am so looking forward to it. Lets hope it doesn’t disappoint.

14 daisy { 07.21.13 at 11:41 am }

If the Ginger Cockroach is in it I am already disappointed.
I hope he doesn’t find his way onto the weekly shows because that guy repulses me sooooo much and I will be watching Midsummer Murders on Sat nights now, or shoving razor blades in my eyes, or eating sand….or …..

15 Andrea { 07.21.13 at 12:23 pm }

I would have preferred Layla in a hosting role.
Yes Gabby, lets hope more everyday people are chosen and not aspiring tv /media stars.

16 daisy { 07.21.13 at 12:31 pm }

Layal would have been a better option. I thought she was lovely on CA.

17 Andrea { 07.21.13 at 3:28 pm }

Trent@60, why weren’t we shown the reason then if it was that bad?
We were shown lots of irritating behaviour from other housemates but all we saw from her was someone just trying to be happy by amusing herself, not so bad compared to what others were doing in my opinion.
I agree Layla showed us another side on CA, she would make a good host next to Mike Goldman, no need for Shelley or Michael at all.

18 daisy { 07.21.13 at 4:14 pm }

Not only that, Estelle flatly refused to return bad for bad. She refused to pay back, back bite draw others in to gang up. She was gutsy on the face of ongoing ostracising and didn’t act in kind. So what if she wasn’t funny. She was authentic, loyal, trustworthy and strong and they are far better traits.

19 Andrea { 07.22.13 at 2:04 pm }

Here is an interesting link from the Sunshine Coast Daily today.
The first housemate revealed is a soldier called Matthew.

w.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/big-brother-speaks-out-about-shows-twist/1953707/

20 Andrea { 07.22.13 at 2:10 pm }
21 Gabby { 07.22.13 at 9:39 pm }

Thank you for that Andrea, it was a good read. Well the house mates sound good on paper, lets hope they translate that way when they get in to the house. They make all these new things sounds so intriguing and exciting, I hope channel nine can pull it off and give us a great 2013 season of Big Brother. Really looking forward to it.

22 Gabby { 07.22.13 at 9:44 pm }

I hope you will put up any more links you are put on to from your daughter’s newspaper. Thanks again.